PDA

View Full Version : DoY - looks like I'm screwed :(

Progenitor
08-09-04, 20:58
Howdy all!

I was waiting around for DoY to come back, and it seems near back, I thought I'd check to see what the real status of things are.

Seems really crappy. I could be confused though, so fill me in on what will happen when I go to DoY.

My main, Progenitor, a factionless fully XP-capped across the board APU-Monk, owns a lot of junk.

I store most of this junk in DRE Epic Storage Apartments (I think I own 8 or so DRE Epics across 4 characters on Unicorn)

As I understand it, if I go to DoY, I loose all Epics, which is okay, as as a monk, the DRE was the only epic that was really worthwhile to me and since I had to lower my vhc to just the bike, the NXT was pretty much usless to.

Further, I loose all inventory not in my quickbelt or implanted? Even Gogo contents get lost?

I had enough IMP, that with the Implant Glove and maybe drugs, I could implant all my own chips - does the glove and implant device go with me or do I have to put it in quickbelt too? I have a couple slots that I always kept boosters, I figure those can be used, but I have other rares I'd like to store as well.

What about the contents of all my apartments? All that loot isn't going to go with me? I've hundreds o tech parts, just about one of every implant, including a DOY-Kamikazie chip I was saving in case Hybrids ever came back, lots of drugs, including a few of the old laruent(sp?) hoverbomber drop drugs from back when they were clonable. All that is going to be lost? There is some good stuff in there!

I'm also Factionless. I was going to stay factionless until they put the rest of the epics in. I have several fations at 100 which would I go as? Or should I go Crahn now, so I go over as Crahn??

How about the 15 million in credits I have on me or the 20 or so million I have in the stock market?

What about my mules?

I have a Spy Researcher/Cloner-Recylcler. Tonnes of blueprints, 1000's of datacubes, all the rare-gloves to do those jobs, tones of drugs to boost int and dex and tl-150 research device, 1000's of materials to Clone/recycle stuff with (need all that to clone boosters)

What happens to allthat stuff?

I have a Spy Constructor/reparer. Pretty much same deal. All the rare gloves for the job, all the tl150 devices, I've stacks of some construction parts in multiples of 200!

What happens to all that stuff?

My PPU-Hacker I'm not that worried about, but with hacknet, it would be nice to have all his stuff too.

Not sure what any of their factions are, but I assume I need to get all of them in the same one if I want them to be together when I move.

I figure if only implants are going to go with me, I need to construct new of each one, so that I start out with 120/120 status on all implants. Is it all implants or just brain chips??

I figure I can try to have as many of my rares reconstructed as possible to get the best condition/slots to take with me.

And then just have a fire sale in the Outzone for the rest of it.

What don't I know or are overlooking?

Thanks,
-p

FatDogg
08-09-04, 21:32
The only things that will get transferred over are items in your quickbelt, armor slots, or implant slots. that adds up to 28 items per char I believe. you can transfer up to 4 chars. no appts, no epics, no keys, no money.

Samhain
08-09-04, 21:51
I had enough IMP, that with the Implant Glove and maybe drugs, I could implant all my own chips - does the glove and implant device go with me or do I have to put it in quickbelt too? I have a couple slots that I always kept boosters, I figure those can be used, but I have other rares I'd like to store as well.

Equip the implant glove instead of your Crahn Psi gauntlet, for when you transfer. You can easily buy another psi booster glove thing. Do this for all your characters with imp/res/cst gloves.

yes, all your junk is gone... all your techparts are gone... but honestly, as an apu, what spells did you really need? Fire Apoc and HL...HAB... now you have 7 free slots to transfer shit.

All your implants (bone, brain, back, etc.) plus all your armor (cloak, etc) get transferred. So with those 7 remaining slots you can throw in some extra rares, etc.

My spy is bringing his slasher, his judge, his executioner, his ray of last hope, an obliterator, a tl150 poke tool, a tl150 remote poke tool (incase they fix it so you need a TL-matched tool to poke 115) he still has a few slots free. Your PPU can buy a lot of his stuff (l3 buffs, deflector, damage boost) which leaves you room for almost all your important spells.

Also, since you're losing epic implants, you can use those to transfer some higher level ones. For instance with my spy I have his SA in, but sice the PP/Moveon are going byebye, I can throw a riggers or a hawkings or both in, just for the sake of having them.

Benjie
08-09-04, 21:56
It's a big sacrifice, but it's for a good charity.
I think that the comprimise is actually quite reasonable.