PDA

View Full Version : [Thought]What if CM..

Richard Slade
08-09-04, 17:46
WELL now, we all know CM are the bitches of the land.. The village bicycle.. The bums mattress and so on.
What if CM didn't have soullight, since they're for hire and only have ONE (1) enemy...
So they can fight all, and not have insane drops at all times..?
Just a thought, discuss and evolve

LiL T
08-09-04, 17:51
As long as we don't lose soulight for killing them

Zeninja
08-09-04, 17:53
Maybe some kind of citycom-based bounty hunter's missions, where any mercs accepting a mission to kill a guy would obtain cash when job done (just like epic kills) with no SL loss...

Maybe that would prevent people going Mercs just for random pking, while allowing better roleplaying and solving that SL problem for "serious" players.

This could apply to cityadmin too

jernau
08-09-04, 17:56
Griefer faction ahoy.

No.

LiL T
08-09-04, 17:59
Maybe some kind of citycom-based bounty hunter's missions, where any mercs accepting a mission to kill a guy would obtain cash when job done (just like epic kills) with no SL loss...

Maybe that would prevent people going Mercs just for random pking, while allowing better roleplaying and solving that SL problem for "serious" players.

This could apply to cityadmin too

won't work people will use there alts to post there own missions then log there CM and go happy pking with no lose and gaining insane ammounts of cash

Edit> I would much prefer a clan war system

Zeninja
08-09-04, 18:03
won't work people will use there alts to post there own missions then log there CM and go happy pking with no lose and gaining insane ammounts of cash
Right...

So this would be better with no xp/cash gain, or that would just sound like repairing vehicules with remote tool to xp fast.

But as far as only one mission at a time could be allowed, using his alt and opening a citycom to feed with your potential victim of the moment would be hell harder than just making some mission to grow your SL up after each kill.

Richard Slade
08-09-04, 18:03

That system would of course mean GMs add the missions
Edit: OR players add mission and reward themselves.

SilKK
08-09-04, 18:10
youd get ******** people joninig cm just so they could pk everyone..

BloodLetting
08-09-04, 18:17
I would also like a Clan war system. If your a KOS clan then no SL loss and so not every runner could be PKed and especialy if they are not in a clan .,,,mmmmm second thought Maybe its just fine the way it is....

jerrymaguire
08-09-04, 18:22
I thought there was a clan war system, it just isn't used because of bugs or sumthin.

Dribble Joy
08-09-04, 18:22
Griefer faction ahoy.

No.
Exactly, I have enough cunts running around my faction as it is.

It would be good for CMs to be 'hired' and get no SL/symp loss, or SL/symp loss goes to the hiring clan, but then you would get people that use an alt that doesn't move from his one man clan apt and pk freely.

The SL system is so daft, they should get rid of it entirely, keep things faction symp based.

Ryman
08-09-04, 18:25
What if CM didn't have soullight, since they're for hire and only have ONE (1) enemy...
So they can fight all, and not have insane drops at all times..

It wont work since Griefer`s would join cm and have a field day and fuk up the game .

But if you actualy think about it , the fact that they are neutral would be correct for mercenary`s since they favour no one and wont loose Soul light at wars which they would be hired for ....

Sakletare
08-09-04, 18:32
I hope Anarchy Breed (NC1 = factionsless, NC2 = AB) will be playable soon.

Siygess
08-09-04, 18:33
Hmm, maybe I didnt pay attention and this is the same as the idea already suggested, but how about having missions (could be player based, but could be implemented like the existing mission system) where a CM (or CM clan) would accept a mission and temporarily inherit the SL vulnerabilities of the hiring faction (based on the FS). This would last until the mission was complete, plus 20 minutes on top of that so retaliation was still possible.

Better yet, no one should be able to see a change in the CM's allied/neutral/enemy state, so if a CM is wandering round, you'll never know if he is working for your enemy today :D

Dribble Joy
08-09-04, 18:36
missions (could be player based, but could be implemented like the existing mission system) where a CM (or CM clan) would accept a mission and temporarily inherit the SL vulnerabilities of the hiring faction (based on the FS). This would last until the mission was complete, plus 20 minutes on top of that so retaliation was still possible.
Like I said, people would use alts to hire themselves so that they get no SL loss for ganking.

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 18:45
Lets face it, if the soul light system isnt fixed, CM are going to accept not fighting back to those that are attacking them.

Like I do currently, It has caused my monk to remain at minus 33 SL, as neutrals attack me, im not going to sit and die.

If this continues in DOY, there will be alot of red players.

Ryman
08-09-04, 18:46
at the end of the day i see it like this.. if you want to PK dont join CM , if you want to role play and be decent players ( like most of the CM i know already are) and fight op wars ,then be CM

Richard Slade
08-09-04, 18:47
What if you had to pay a certain amount a day to the CMs u hire through the citycom, and the system takes like 20-30% of the total cost,
woud be a nice moneysink

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 18:47
at the end of the day i see it like this.. if you want to PK dont join CM , if you want to role play and be decent players ( like most of the CM i know already are) and fight op wars ,then be CM

OP waring players on saturn is the only place my characters wont loose SL.

Otherwise its fucking CA/FA/PP/Biotech all attacking us, and then BD/TG/Crahn.

Just fucks us over.

Even worse in doy when everyone but TG is neutral.

Its shite.

Richard Slade
08-09-04, 18:52

Just fucks us over.

Its shite.
Well isn't it itme to find a way to fix that now when we have the chance?

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 18:52
Well isn't it itme to find a way to fix that now when we have the chance?

Ive suggested

Ive suggested..

Ive suggested...

No answers- OH the suprise!

Dribble Joy
08-09-04, 18:54
With clan wars getting fixed CM should be ok, untill then it's back to loosing a lot of SL and symps.

LiL T
08-09-04, 18:55
Well I guess there will be a CM clan with over 130 members or something that just stroles into DOY to kill TG LIKE FUCK!! you just know whats going to happen they will start killing BD CS TSU FA and it will be one big mess

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 18:55
With clan wars getting fixed CM should be ok, untill then it's back to loosing a lot of SL and symps.

The Soulight system is the problem, as if you limit the amount of clans you can be at war with, there are going to be clans in the same faction who you cant add to a list attacking you.

There are like 6 FA clans on saturn, all attack us, all PP's attack us, all biotechs attack us, all city admin attack us.

Thats over 10 clans easily.

It isnt enough, MY SL is going to be fucked.

The soul light system needs fixing first.

Ryman
08-09-04, 19:01

Just fucks us over.

Its shite.

sorry man but if you dont like being neutral to them all dont be CM , it`s all about choices...... ive made the choice to move away and not be cm anymore , im not saying CM should be the neutral faction, but thats what they have chosen ...... maybe they should be enemy of everyone instead lol

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 19:04
sorry man but if you dont like being neutral to them all dont be CM , it`s all about choices...... ive made the choice to move away and not be cm anymore , im not saying CM should be the neutral faction, but thats what they have chosen ...... maybe they should be enemy of everyone instead lol

CM shouldnt be neutral FFS.

There hired mercenarys designed to kill those who need killing- For a price.

Yet KK punish role play, by making us neutral, and gimping my SL so when I do die, I loose everything of Value.

Gotta give it to KK for using there heads.

Ryman
08-09-04, 19:07
Mabye CM should be a one item drop faction only, regardless of what SL they got

Richard Slade
08-09-04, 19:12
ye, seriously being neutral to all but one just doesn't cut it...
(on the rp side it does work like this: OP fights = good, outside, no reason to kill anyone since they haven't been payed, 'cept for TG who are to DIE!)
Now when I look at it, they got a point...

Archeus
08-09-04, 19:46
AB is probably a better choice for "If it moves kill it" people.

As for CM. Mission idea is good, but have a minimum money limit, can only be assigned to a clan and if not fulfilled within a set time limit the money is gone forever.

Dribble Joy
08-09-04, 19:54
The Soulight system is the problem, as if you limit the amount of clans you can be at war with, there are going to be clans in the same faction who you cant add to a list attacking you.
Why limit the number of clans to be at war with?

Clans that do not wish to be at war with you do not have to return the declaration, so people could not just declare war on every single clan.
Anyway, SL isn;t a problem if they do what they should do and get RID of SL entirely.

What exactly do you propose to solve CM's 'problem'?
Make us hostile to everyone?
Bring in some daft mission idea that will be totally open to abuse by the gankers?
Properly implemented clan wars would (imo) solve it.

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 19:57
Why limit the number of clans to be at war with?

Clans that do not wish to be at war with you do not have to return the declaration, so people could not just declare war on every single clan.
Anyway, SL isn;t a problem if they do what they should do and get RID of SL entirely.

What exactly do you propose to solve CM's 'problem'?
Make us hostile to everyone?
Bring in some daft mission idea that will be totally open to abuse by the gankers?
Properly implemented clan wars would (imo) solve it.

Implement clan wars, have it so clan (A) can declare war on clan (B) if clan B doesnt accept, the war is neutral, if the neutral clan attacks one of clan (A)s members, the neutral goes to active war.

Meaning you cant avoid it.

Also, have it so player A is attacked by player B, player B is neutral to player A, if player A kills player B, his SL remains fine, as it is self defence.

If player B kills player A, his SL takes a negative hit, as it is classed as murder. (Counts for neutrals and allied)

jernau
08-09-04, 20:02
What I don't get is - why, if KK wanted a neutral faction did they make it a combat-oriented one? Why not have FA predominantly neutral (still red to TT maybe)? This would have made sense in terms of their background and also not deviated too far from their surrent sympathies. They even have/had their own city to avoid needing either NC or DOY facilities.

:confused:

FA and CM are both being broken for no reason as far as I can see.

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 20:04
FA and CM are both being broken for no reason as far as I can see.
***ALL TOGETHER!***

ITS KK!

Dribble Joy
08-09-04, 20:28
How would 'retalatory' killings be implemented?
A timer after you are attacked? Would doing dmg to someone who dmged you nullify any SL/symp loss? You would get attacked, you would defend back, which means that you have attacked them, which means it's ok for them to kill you. O_o

I still wish that SL should be removed completely, the whole concept of good or bad is daft.

maver!ck
08-09-04, 21:33
What I don't get is - why, if KK wanted a neutral faction did they make it a combat-oriented one?
You're asking the wrong question. KK chose to create a mercenary faction - then they thought about its faction relations.

I would suggest the following. Punish killing allied faction severly but punish killing neutral factions much less. Then also implement a clan war system which does not allow to challenge allies.

maver!ck
08-09-04, 21:35
How would 'retalatory' killings be implemented?
A timer after you are attacked? Would doing dmg to someone who dmged you nullify any SL/symp loss? You would get attacked, you would defend back, which means that you have attacked them, which means it's ok for them to kill you.
True. And what if clanmates join?

I still wish that SL should be removed completely, the whole concept of good or bad is daft.
Change the belt drop. I don't care if I get killed by city guards, but I don't like losing my rares.

jernau
08-09-04, 21:44
You're asking the wrong question. KK chose to create a mercenary faction - then they thought about their faction relations.
Well, there's two problems there really.

1) The faction system as it stands makes the role of mercenaries impossible without opening up a massive griefing problem.
2) The way FA's role has been mutilated

I would suggest the following. Punish killing allied faction severly but punish killing neutral factions much less. Then also implement a clan war system which does not allow to challenge allies.
Anything which allows "easy" killing will be abused. NC1 got a terrible reputation for this shortly after launch and lost a lot of people. It still has more than enough problems with ganking without making it worse.

Clan warring needs implementing badly - whatever happened to the "BoP engine"????