PDA

View Full Version : Raiding cities.

alig
08-09-04, 13:31
So i guess this was never going to be an option in nc2?

I saw a TG ppu run through from pp2 to pp1 and before he got past the neofrag door's he was lying down because there are WAY to many guards and they are to strong. Imagine a tank with ppu's weaker buffs on...maybe he will get near the sewer entrance before neofrag door's :rolleyes:

I think the guards need spreading out and putting down to rank 90/90 and the same for DoY otherwise this game will become a 'pvp organised' game and i for sure wont be playing it if the only pvp i can get is organised. Either that or it will revolve around OP fights which get boring...and fast and the outcome is....nothing, as they are useless!.

Or what will happen is everyone will be a pk'er and no one will be able to level up in peace _ever_ because there's always someone looking for you so they can get a little bit of pvp.

Lower guards and Spread them out to less than 1 per polygon.

garyu69
08-09-04, 13:34
I actually thought the guards weren't hitting that hard compared to NC1.

I do remember them saying that cities will be raidable with large groups which is the way it should be.

alig
08-09-04, 13:42
Well the ppu i saw had to of been using holy buffs from his rank and probably had around 450 - 500% dmg on them and he took 300dmg from a hit of 1 then the other 4 guards saw him (2 outside NF doors and 2 on the NC subway entrance) he didnt stand a chance...just that tiny little bit of pp1 was like being in mc5...never mind if he got past NF doors...theres at least another 2 can see him meaning thats 7 guards on him all mc5 'l33tness'.

I know NC should be protected but at that ammount of guards theres actually NO point in having unsafe zones because there as safe as they get. Im gunna take a stroll around some zones and count the guards in them.

A big team would die pretty fast as they are exposed to the guards at all times...everyone knows how fast a fully buffed holy heal on holy heal sanc up tank dies when all the mc5 guards hit him/her...about 2 seconds from what i can remember and mc5 is quite a safe place compared to some of the stretches you'd need to run accross inside neocron (like from pp1 exit to plaza 3 and up that little stretch)...then you got the actual runners hitting you and you might get db'ed meaning you die even quicker, nevermind if you got froze you'd be better of just having /set kill_self 1 as a bind on your mouse. :rolleyes:

Edit/ 14 guards just in pp1.

JustIn_Case
08-09-04, 13:54
Yes but since it was only one runner, then he got all the firepower directed on him. If it had been an 2xPPU + 2xTank group then they might get past the guards.
I dont think a single runner should be able to stroll by all the guards even if hes a PPU.

alig
08-09-04, 13:59
I dont agree that more people would be able to withstand them...the AI is so basic it works like this

- Guards see first red person
- Guards shoot first red person till he dies
- Guards turn to the next person
- Guards wash rinse, repeat.

If you go mc5 with 10 people and all stand in the middle of the room as if they was guards i dont think you'll last 1 minute before your all dead. Then add a couple apu/ppu combo's and tank's and pe's all pro city shooting you.

LiL T
08-09-04, 14:01
Its going to be impossible to raid it its like the TH in there but doy on the othere hand has so few gaurds and lots of places to hide which I think is allready unfair.

Edit I guess I'm going to be killing lots of people at the MB since I can use the hack net to instantly jump through the GR with no SI

Nasher
08-09-04, 14:29
Theres no way just a handful of people from a DOY faction will be able to reach plaza, the way it is ment to be.

Patso
08-09-04, 14:30
I got sync'ed to Neocron Plaza 1 last night due to the Tsunami level bug and could walk around quite easily inside NC (I am a Fallen Angel).

I am only 2/4 level hybrid monk and as long as you can keep moving you can walk around Plaza1/2/3 (thats as far as I have got!)

Copbots do not shoot you it's just the cityadmin guards and they don't seem to hit as hard as they did. I have 105 health (with buff and deflector) and always got hit for around 50dmg before escaping around a corner!

Plus if you get in a taxi, the guards don't shoot at all!

I also got attacked by a DOY guard (didnt realise they attacked without warning if you have a weapon/spell active!) and he took a while to kill me, I could dodge his attacks and even got a few good hits on him before I tried to run away...

Nasher
08-09-04, 14:32
The cops not attacking is a bug, the patroling ones dont even attack -SLs or people with weapons out :p

But they dont seem to wanna fix it because its been like that since the start of beta :/

LiL T
08-09-04, 14:47
Well I guess we will find out once they let us move our chars across

Blargius
08-09-04, 20:52
2 droners could probably hold down any NC/DoY zone :lol:

Clive tombstone
08-09-04, 20:56
I hope theym get rid of Y's in DOY god those things suck >_<

Benjie
08-09-04, 21:17
edited - ignore me

greendonkeyuk
08-09-04, 23:43
i agree, guards need toning down some.

Radamez
09-09-04, 05:19
On the contrary I think it's gonna be too easy to raid NC, a certain individual earlier today (crahn) was happily GR'ing into p2, finding himself a nice spot on a ledge, and AoE'ing noobs on the lower level.. (..the guy was /60 so yeh - he was mopping up well..)

Guards didn't seem to mind him being there, and here's the funny part.. once I got him to low health, he'd hide behind the copbots! Enemy of the city using city guards for his protection - and i'm the one warned to drop my weapon :rolleyes:

I by no means want it to be impossible to raid the city, hell it's been fun playing cop today.. but please, give those guards a clue!

tiikeri
09-09-04, 05:33
Just a note that not all guards @DoY are highlvl..
I saw some 55/55 Doy cyborgs at FA sector.

But i agree with ppl. You can't raid the cities with the present defences.

Koshinn
09-09-04, 06:49
Spy. Hacknet. Stealth. Sniper Rifle.
That combination could be quite a nuissance in either city.

Kopaka
09-09-04, 10:47
[QUOTE=alig]I saw a TG ppu run through from pp2 to pp1 and before he got past the neofrag door's he was lying down because there are WAY to many guards and they are to strong. [/QUOTE=alig]

no PPUs are the same rick... maybe he needs better spells?
(i cant judge since i havent played yet..)
or just a thought: stay away from the evil neocron city and from the even more evil pepper park :p

deac
09-09-04, 12:07
npc guards = lame ass shit

free pvp = win

zone from tusnami to plaza1 and getting ganked by guards while im stuck at 0 fps, priceless.....

go nc2!!!

Consecro
09-09-04, 12:18
why do they need all these high level guards.

its not like in neo 1 where say you raid TG and theres only 2 people there to defend there home.

your going to be looking at a raid on a city, say some CA guys go to the dome, there not just going to attack TG or BD or TS there going to get fights with BD TG TS CS FA, thats 5 factions worth of people, so really they should be able to defend there home city without the need for high powered guards

garyu69
09-09-04, 12:42
I can't wait for the first organised mass raid on a city from all DoY factions or vice versa.