PDA

View Full Version : Question to the PPUs

greendonkeyuk
07-09-04, 23:51
Ok simple and straight forward here, jus managed to acquire myself a DS. This is my first combat mc5 chip and im in a quandry about which to remove to make room for it.

Currently i have exp psi controller3, def psi 2 and 3 and psi core. Now do i remove the exp psi controller or def psi 2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(please only post if A: you are a ppu or B: you know what youre talking about)

damn jus noticed i have to vote so i can see everyone elses votes :(

enigma_b17
07-09-04, 23:54
with the release of the crahn epic glove in bdoy id recommend u dump the exp psi controller 3 and put in a defensiv 2. Even without the glove id recommend u put in a defensiv 2 as you will always have more ppu then ppw, so itll cost u more to get ppu points then it will to get ppw, if u know what i mean
[edit] i voted for wrong one :P

Ch1n Th3 M4g
08-09-04, 00:02
2nd that

Ryuben
08-09-04, 00:05
3rd that as exp = -20 resist force?

greendonkeyuk
08-09-04, 00:20
yeah ryuben it does.

MrChumble
08-09-04, 00:34
Exp3, there's no question about it at all. It's a horrible gimpy nerf chip that I wouldn't use even if I didn't have a DS on a capped or near capped PPU.

Carinth
08-09-04, 01:46
exp3 is only for hybrids and mid level pure's. I ditched it in favor of a ppr until I finnaly got my DS.

SovKhan
08-09-04, 04:06
hidden option (c)
ppr or moveon

Original monk
08-09-04, 11:46
ditch the experimental nerf to the third degree processor :o

use the beautifull sweet practical enlightening to the second degree passive processor :angel:

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 12:48
DS/Psicore/Defensive2/Defensive3

Lower your PPU to 174, max your psi pool, and dont spec for cath sanctum-

Sorted.

My saying

"If you have to use catharsis sanctum, your already loosing" ;)

JustIn_Case
08-09-04, 14:22
DS/Psicore/Defensive3/Defensive2
or
DS/Psicore/Defensive3/PP

hinch
08-09-04, 14:30
"If you have to use catharsis sanctum, your already loosing" ;)

cath sanct exists?

shit.

i only use 1 rare spell for my ppu and thats only for hunting with , ap sanctum everything else is non-rare

tkNukem
08-09-04, 16:27
oops misread the poll. i'd take out the exp3 controler.
cath sanct ownz me. if you're in a fight with a shitload of other ppu's, u'll be wasting a lot of mana anti-paralyzing and anti-dmg-boosting.

engl
08-09-04, 16:38
put proto chip on.

alig
08-09-04, 16:41
Ditch the exp psi3 for DS. Sell your cath sanc and cath, lom mst to 85, get 112 ppw 177 ppu and be a good ppu and have rank 92 :eek:

Oh and why use ppr as ppu? :confused: ppu's dont die and the only way they can die is by getting debuffed and ppr does'nt counter that, you will die debuffed with ppr in or out without shelter.

Fafhrd
08-09-04, 16:59
(please only post if A: you are a ppu or B: you know what youre talking about)

a: yes
b: no

hinch
08-09-04, 17:21
remove exp 3

chip setup as ds core def 2 def 3 spec for high % holy shelt (175 to cap i think not played in months) and 84 i think mst and rest in ppw
throw PA in bin

engl
08-09-04, 17:33
i got 188 ppu ... with Pa3.

total capped shelter group :D

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 17:36
i only use 1 rare spell for my ppu and thats only for hunting with , ap sanctum everything else is non-rare

I know too many PPU's on saturn who use them...Way too many.

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 17:36
i got 188 ppu ... with Pa3.

total capped shelter group :D

And thats gimped :p

jernau
08-09-04, 17:42
exp3 is only for hybrids and mid level pure's. I ditched it in favor of a ppr until I finnaly got my DS.
Exp 3 definitely as above.

hinch
08-09-04, 17:45
I know too many PPU's on saturn who use them...Way too many.

saturn's full of nibs with no skill though

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 17:46
saturn's full of nibs with no skill though

Far from, its just they see it as a "hands free" kit, it lets them free up casting anti spells, and heal/shelter there team more.

Which is a fair trade off, but as I say..

If you need a catharsis sanctum, your already loosing

Zeninja
08-09-04, 17:58
either better resistance, or better spells...

I suggest removing exp 3, that's what i would do when i get a DS

Carinth
08-09-04, 18:37
alig: PPU spells may give us the best defenses, but everyone and their mother has a way to debuff or noob buff us. That pretty much renders our super defenses useless. There are 3 ways to approach this problem as a PPU.

First you can go with the speed defense. Do whatever you can to get the max run speed possible and train yourself to keep moving as often as possible. Afterall they can't debuff/noob buff/hurt you if they can't target you.

Second is ppu power. Setting yourself up to cast as fast as possible so you can recover from any given situation. Learn the timing of your spells and enemies debuffs/noob buffs. If your defenses are knocked out, you can recast quicker then they can hurt you much. You can also usualy rebuff before they get a chance to noob buff.

Thirdly is resists. With a PPR or a Moveon, a monk can achieve a really awesome resist setup. Combine that with the ppu's already insane defenses and this ppu will be impervious. Most ppu's rely on being able to heal back most damage done to them, but a ppu with a good resist setup can also minimize the damage done to him in the first place. This method is also handy when you're debuffed. If your resists are setup then being debuffed isn't as big a deal. You can withstand some punishment while you take a moment to recast.

For a long time I was the third type, I tweaked my resists every day and used a ppr. It got hard to find people to test with though, because everyone who shot me would get depressed : ) When I finnaly got my DS I decided to switch over to the second type, a ppu that relies on their ppu power to live. I'm so used to it now that I can't go back. I love being able to cast my spells at their fastest.

PS. Cath sanct is a great spell, just because you guys want to be high and mighty and rely on other things doesn't change that. As far as I'm concerned Cath and Holy Cath are crap. It's either Cath Sanct or the individual holy anti spells. Either you end up with your belt entirely full, or you're swapping spells in and out all the time, or you just use cath sanct to do it all. Once cath sanct goes up, the ppu will not die unless they goof or the game throws them a bug/synch/crash.

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 18:43
Once cath sanct goes up, the ppu will not die unless they goof or the game throws them a bug/synch/crash.

Or you just throw in a spirit mod + APU :rolleyes:

Wank3r
08-09-04, 18:50
If I am ever to use Cath Sanct on my PPU it's if I am an only player in a bunch of enemys. Even then I still use anti para seeing as Cath Sanct takes a while to remove things. I also would carry an anti poison for the damn annoying APU's who think they can take you down with Poison Beam (if you had like 25 stacks I might just be able to not out-heal it with a holy heal sanct up).

Krunky
08-09-04, 18:50
DS + DEF3 + Psi Core + MOVEON = sex

Wank3r
08-09-04, 18:51
DS + DEF3 + Psi Core + MOVEON = sex

-sex +uncapped spells, drugging for PA3...

Edit: nvm thought you put a ppr in there too my bad

Krunky
08-09-04, 18:56
I honestly cant find a reason to use a PPR...but a MOVEON allows a FH2 to be implanted and yes u gotta drug on the PA3 but thats no problem at all.

Also make sure you have 4-5 slotted shields/heals. Capped setup for most part except 90ish intelligence.

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 18:59
-sex +uncapped spells, drugging for PA3...

Edit: nvm thought you put a ppr in there too my bad

Why a fucking moveon? U on smack?

coppertop
08-09-04, 19:00
Admittedly, my current setup is DS, core, def 2 and 3 but even without the DS I would stick with the Def 2 over the exp 3.

Krunky
08-09-04, 19:01
Why a fucking moveon? U on smack?

yes. ;)

Clownst0pper
08-09-04, 19:03
yes. ;)

Figures, anyone who uses a moveon in a monk is just nothing short of...

on smack.

Krunky
08-09-04, 19:06
Figures, anyone who uses a moveon in a monk is just nothing short of...

on smack.

The MOVEON has its advantages for both pure APUs and PPUs...I guess u gotta try it for yourself..but will require a whole setup change.

Morganth
08-09-04, 19:08
Remove the Exp 3, its gimapage.

In regard to the Carth Sanct bit, I only find a need on it as my PPU if a) I am scouting about/out solo and people are attacking me with a PPU (I.E. DBing and Paraing me as they are annoying), or b) Everyone else is dead bar me, and the enemy decide to attack the guy running around in the blue hooded bath robe.

Spirit mod and an APU that are syncronised can definately give a PPU a hard time, the spy hits the PPU, then the APU casts HAB just after so the PPU is unbuffed right after he rebuffs. Organisation is a powerful thing.

Carinth
08-09-04, 19:10
Or you just throw in a spirit mod + APU :rolleyes:

With cath sanct up then the ppu can't be shocked or damage boost which drasticly decreases your chance of killing them. Without shelter on it will take a good 3 or 4 HL hits to kill you. That's plenty of time to notice something is wrong and run for cover. You can even parashock the apu and go find a quiet spot for a moment. Spirit Spies are the most dangerous enemy I've see so far, but even they're only an annoyance until an enemy ppu shows up to support them. Even a hybrid can ruin my day. Shock and Boost really are the only way to take out good ppus.

Cath Sanct's primary use is to keep you alive, it's not good for much else. The only time it's handy in a team fight is when you can hang back and support your team from behind. Having it up means your team can run back to you and have their negative buffs removed, get a heal and run back to the fight.

I don't like the moveon setup but some ppu's go for it. The boost to str/con lets you use imps you wouldn't be able to otherwise. Filter2 and some advanced bones. This in turn boosts tra/force res/agil/ath and some other stuff.

Morganth
08-09-04, 19:17
Carinth hit the nail on the head.

ROZZER187
08-09-04, 19:20
with the release of the crahn epic glove in bdoy id recommend u dump the exp psi controller 3 and put in a defensiv 2. Even without the glove id recommend u put in a defensiv 2 as you will always have more ppu then ppw, so itll cost u more to get ppu points then it will to get ppw, if u know what i mean
[edit] i voted for wrong one :P

what he said :D

i kept the exp psi in coz i got a quicker rezz time, but with the glove from the epic you can dump the exp cpu and use def psi

greendonkeyuk
08-09-04, 21:44
well thanks to all for the advice, ive got the details i needed from the people i hoped would reply so thankyou for all of your contributions guys.