PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Look what I learned to make and made in school today :D

naimex
07-09-04, 21:16
http://www.naimex.dk/star.swf

I´m very proud.. never knew anything flash, and now it just gets simpler for each lesson i get... but then again we havent begun coding it yet..

It might not seem like much, but it means a great deal to me finally learning it.. been trying for ages...

nobby
07-09-04, 21:22
Congratulations!!!
A Job Welldone Mate!

Ch1n Th3 M4g
07-09-04, 21:22
erh n1
any chance of changing the stars 2 boobs?

naimex
07-09-04, 21:25
lol... when I learn to do more :p

only had flash for 4 days so far....

Vampire222
07-09-04, 21:25
Ace...

Spermy
07-09-04, 21:30
Dude - just make sure to avoid scripting at all costs! Macrom,edias idea of scripting is... questionable to say the least...

naimex
07-09-04, 21:32
I can´t avoid it...

We are supposed to make a "midterm" project in flash in some weeks.

It´s still sort of a secret, but we´ve been told it´s most likely to be a website in complete flash..

We HAVE to learn heavy duty coding of flash, because it will be a part of the exam on 2nd semester..

atleast thats what our teacher says..

Spermy
07-09-04, 22:22
Well thats damn good for 4 days flash exp. Kudos dude. I remember my flash module for uni - had to make an entertainment application for a childrens hospital - was wicked fun. Me and my flatmates played on it more than the bloody kids!

Richard Slade
07-09-04, 22:26
Good work dude :D
Grattis!!1
But don't u dare come back with a nice pair of boobs! ;)

NS_CHROME54
07-09-04, 22:46
macromedia's Actionscript language is very well thought out, but unfortunately also kinda buggy. making a static website in flash is insanely easy. making a dynamic data driven website, on the other hand, is extraordinarely hard.

BloodLetting
07-09-04, 22:48
Next lesson will be 3D max good luck :lol:

naimex
07-09-04, 23:34
nope, 3D studio max has been completely removed from the teaching plan, because it is so user-unfriendly..

The school has acquired another program, i have forgotten the name of it, but they will teach us in that instead..

it has the same features as 3d studio max, and more, with enhanced user friendliness, if we are to believe in the teachers..

which kinda suits me fine, cuz 3d studio max is a pain to make anything in.

NS_CHROME54
08-09-04, 01:38
Lightwave 3d comes to mind, but i dunno

Jesterthegreat
08-09-04, 04:10
erh n1
any chance of changing the stars 2 boobs?

hahahahahah

Seven
08-09-04, 06:15
Damn, wish I had classes like that in school.

Keep up the good work and suck up all that knowledge.

Original monk
08-09-04, 09:39
very very nice, the stars even move ! ;)

i see you allready have a nice grip on flash :)

nice job, what about some music on the background of that project ?

shake that booty booty, shake that booty :)

naimex
08-09-04, 09:55
I´m gonna have 2 more lessons in flash soon... think we´re gonna learn more about tweening today.

But not sure..

Anyways, it´s really the most fun class I have, and the teacher is very humourous..

He´s like a computer-twisted Ali G..

That was my first impression when I saw him... OMFG he looks like Ali G.

he´s really cool, and very good at teaching stuff.

hinch
08-09-04, 10:31
Lightwave 3d comes to mind, but i dunno

lighwave > * but its also seriously more complex than 3dmax infact 3dmax is the simpliest modeller and renderer i've ever known such a dumbed down interface its obscene.

ofc you have to take into account that lightwave contains the modeller and the scene editor and theyre different things. also consider the fact 3dmax is a solid modeller wheras lw is a point/vertex modeller.

once you get teh hang of the damn modeller in lw though lw > *

naimex
08-09-04, 12:04
Todays lesson payed out..

this was the result

http://www.naimex.dk/raket-star.swf

JustIn_Case
08-09-04, 12:08
Well, little more boob shaped, but still not quite right yet ;)

Spermy
08-09-04, 12:12
lighwave > * but its also seriously more complex than 3dmax infact 3dmax is the simpliest modeller and renderer i've ever known such a dumbed down interface its obscene.

ofc you have to take into account that lightwave contains the modeller and the scene editor and theyre different things. also consider the fact 3dmax is a solid modeller wheras lw is a point/vertex modeller.

once you get teh hang of the damn modeller in lw though lw > *

I dunno dude - I have no problems with max at all - the interface I agree is a bit naff - especially certain function buttons such as the modifers. Also in many cases - once you change a setting, say bounding box for camera rotations, it takes sodding ages to find the setting to change it back!

I also use Max as both a solid poly set editor, and also while modelling in vertices... Nurbs is your friend. - Thats if I'm reading what you said properly.

Anyhow!

It's really down to the task at hand, and personal preference.

For me...

Max > All!!! Rawr!

Shakari
08-09-04, 12:36
Dude - just make sure to avoid scripting at all costs! Macrom,edias idea of scripting is... questionable to say the least...

no macromedia's scripting has 10 times more bugs than neocron ever had :D:D
unless you have a sadistic liking for headaches and frustration I'd keep well away from it :D

naimex
08-09-04, 13:17
Well, little more boob shaped, but still not quite right yet ;)

just for you.. made in 1 minute.. so no hopes and dreams

boobs (http://www.naimex.dk/boobs.html)

JustIn_Case
08-09-04, 13:51
:) Perfect proportions !!!

hinch
08-09-04, 14:33
-snip-

indeed you understand me correct but try the LW modeller and then tell me you werent completely lost as its so extremely different from max :)

try some basic boolean in default setup :) (hint put aside a few hours)

Ultima
08-09-04, 15:12
I've worked in Flash for over 4 years now at a professional level, for me it didn't help having to learn Action script1.0 and then have to convert to Action script 2.0!

They switched so many things around like slashes and dots and target paths etc etc, admitaby the newer version of action script is shorter, more logical and less buggy.

Saying that, I don't think that Flash scripting is that buggy, it's fiddly and annoying when you miss out something small like a bracket or a " but thats not the scripts fault thats the users fault.

Flash 2004 Professional patch 7.2 is pretty sorted if you ask me.

Been learning Lightwave 3d 8 too over the last year, modeling is the easy part, its texturing and getting things to look realistic thats the tricky part. Great piece of software though as well.

Advice Part to you Naimex and anyone else who cares to listen
You will learn much more from playing in Flash and being curious than being taught... Thats not to say that being taught is a waste of time. Set yourself mini tasks and if you come to a task that you can not work out, don't give in, try and try to figure a way around it... Best way to learn from my experience.

Also start downloading lots of example and tutorial FLAs from www.flashkit.com It can oftern be alot easier to amend complicated pieces of code than to write it from scratch.

Keep it up, I thought the stars was superb work for the amount of exp you had

naimex
08-09-04, 15:16
Advice Part to you Naimex and anyone else who cares to listen
You will learn much more from playing in Flash and being curious than being taught... Thats not to say that being taught is a waste of time. Set yourself mini tasks and if you come to a task that you can not work out, don't give in, try and try to figure a way around it... Best way to learn from my experience.

Also start downloading lots of example and tutorial FLAs from www.flashkit.com It can oftern be alot easier to amend complicated pieces of code than to write it from scratch.

Keep it up, I thought the stars was superb work for the amount of exp you had

Thank you very much, especially for the advise, but I need to get a little more teaching before I will be capable of experimenting successfully on my own, since every attempt at flash i have made before i started in school has been a fatal failure.

NS_CHROME54
08-09-04, 17:08
next lesson... how to make a preloader! definitely the simplest and most useful flash actionscript concept out there.

naimex
09-09-04, 08:11
lookie what I just made :D

it´s the most time consuming flash thing i´ve made so far.. and I made it all without help or advise :D

Watcha think of it ?

http://www.naimex.dk/landskab.swf

hinch
09-09-04, 11:07
heh funny :)