PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone checked out the wastelands?

KeithMyath
07-09-04, 07:52
Can anyone say anything about the wastelands, have they been filled up more? Please elaborate, im torrenting it now.

DonnyJepp
07-09-04, 08:12
I want to know if they fixed the clipping plane so that rifles actually work at range now.

Benjie
07-09-04, 08:20
Wastelands are shit. :rolleyes:
I've been plauging KK to boost textures.

Drake6k
07-09-04, 08:27
They updated the sky and made a few minor changes, some zones have more than others.

bounty
07-09-04, 08:41
I want to know if they fixed the clipping plane so that rifles actually work at range now.

i want to know this too, more importantly.

Terayon
07-09-04, 08:44
when i was in mc5 making a guy in beta i didnt notice any diffrence in the clipping plane and no fog was not on.

Mattimeo
07-09-04, 08:51

Yes you have. Wish they would have listened.

want to know if they fixed the clipping plane so that rifles actually work at range now.

Nope.

garyu69
07-09-04, 12:15
Thats the first negative thing i've heard from you for ages :p

I haven't been out yet but from what i was hearing on Vent there seems to be some new things added.

Anyone been to regants? Is that still a mutant hell hole?

[TgR]KILLER
07-09-04, 12:18
i'll go explore everything when i get my high level chars out the door and in beta ^^

Dribble Joy
07-09-04, 12:33
Regants is not open yet, and the muties aren't there atm.

There many new quests in the WL, go to I_09, and talk to the bar keeper.

Morganth
07-09-04, 12:47
Regants is not open yet, and the muties aren't there atm.

There many new quests in the WL, go to I_09, and talk to the bar keeper.

And hints as to where the WoC people are?

greendonkeyuk
07-09-04, 12:58
yes morganth, weve been told exactly where they are......

theyre in retail.

Benjie
07-09-04, 14:56
Thats the first negative thing i've heard from you for ages :p
I'm not blind you know. :p

Remove para, fix the fucking shit wasteland textures, remove the lag on the open beta, make Neocron compatible with the latest drivers.

I just think it's OTT when people complain about how shit Neocron 2 is because DoY is not a "real" city, rather a maze of rubble. *looks in the general direction of cRazy* o_O

Oh, and the new character models, hud and PSI animations > joo. :p

The wastelands are one of my biggest pet hates in Neocron. They where ugly in 2002, there fucking awefull now.

BaDDaSS
07-09-04, 15:10
They where ugly in 2002, there fucking awefull now.

lmao!

garyu69
07-09-04, 15:34
joo
No leet speak please you're a crusader for name filter to stop that :p

Prankster26193
07-09-04, 16:58
Benjie is completely right (should I just start every post with that?). He is the only one who seems to see that KK is working, and this is still an open beta. But KK still isnt working to their potential.

Psycho_Soldier
07-09-04, 17:08
I have 2 words for you.

Op Fights.

I think that pretty much says it all right there.. I get low FPS in op fights as it is, if the resolution was higher on wasteland textures I doubt I could play.

ichinin
07-09-04, 19:00
The wastelands have a few changes, a few spawnpoints are moved around/added but for now - it's "same old, same old"... untill they start working on it. Not everything has been worked on u know...

I hunted rares for a while around Gab, but very few could buy em.. so i spent most of the time finding bugs in the city/hacknet etc.. did drive around for a while. A few new places are out there... just u wait till u see those warbots on stereoids...

SPIKE (pluto)
07-09-04, 19:49
The desert sectors around the dome have remained unchanged and i have not yet seen any new mobs.

The mobs which i have seen have not changed much, however some of the textures do seem to have finer detail

As for locations its pretty much the same as nc1, apart from Th and the canyons, but i'll leave that for you to check out :p