PDA

View Full Version : took so long?

Dru Blood
06-09-04, 23:39
so,

heres my trip into neocron 2, from playing nc for so long, through thick and thin, waiting for so long for the doy expansion pack, what has it brought us,

ha well naff all really, nothing 2 years worth anyway, anyone could of made doy a 300meg patch added a few new zones, added epic runs which were meant to be there anyway. add a few new mobs. guys cmon this is a few months work for even a small team.

the gfx have increased, very very slightly actualy i laughed quite hard when i saw the usual brick like textures, oooh characters have fingers now though nice touch, but what the fucks up with my private eyes chin.

this is like a kid has coded this game, infact its worse than nc, i know i know its beta, but this is supposed to be years worth of work.

to me it looks rushed, poor, pathetic, and lack of imagination.

i will leave you all in peace now, thats the only time i was going to look at this excuse of a game again.

Rude Boi
07-09-04, 00:36
i agreee 100%

what the hell have they been doing for the last year, that they were supposedly working on it for. i thought nc2 was gon b a completly new game, but to me it just seems like a mod for nc1 cos its just a few new things.

no new npc models or nothing, no new curveyer places. i thought the WHOLE game was being remade not just little bits added, how the hell can they call this a new game, its not even a addon ffs

cRazy2003
07-09-04, 00:38
i dont like to say such things because i know KK put a lot of work into it but it is dissapointing for me, compared to what i expected, i definatly would of stayed if the fee stayed the same, its just like having neocron1 on accept better, but the higher fee increase isnt worth it.

will_hicks1
07-09-04, 00:48
yes i feel the same about this... yes the added on bits are nice...(cept the r.p.o.s) but if i had the cance i would stay on nc1... mainly cos of the proicr fror a new city... and not being able to go to the old one...

but the bits tyhat i have seen have been good... little dark.. but slightly dissaapointed that i had to run it in 1500x1200 just to fit the windows in...

-Zoid

mishkin
07-09-04, 01:04
Mhm, couldn't agree more... No new weapons (at least none that are sold anywhere)... The DoY is just a big maze with nothing in it, except 10s of NPCs that do about as much as the beggars in the streets in nc did 2 years ago.... No new mobs, high nor low level... Characters jump like sticks, run like they shit their pants, and if you jump without holding anything in your hands, you can do the birdie-dance... zoning takes ages (due to a memory-leak apparently, btw, memory leaks shouldn't be there anymore after 2 years)

A friend was trying to log in, and got a fatal each time 3 seconds into the game, apparently something with the dx9 drivers, should switch to dx7 for some reason... and still he got fatals every 5 mins or so. No fatals, eh?

My character kept losing his wig when his head touched the walls...

The rpos made me have at least 10 seizures over the first minute of play, then another one each time I tried to distribute skillpoints.

All I can say is, in it's current state, it's laughable. 2 years, not even starting from scratch, but making a game on top of an existing engine with existing maps that you don't even change, existing weapons, mobs and so on... what were you doing all that time?

Hacknet is just another bad excuse of a dungeon with no purpose whatsoever... no op-hacking through it either, as someone ingame pointed out....

I highly doubt I'll continue paying for this, it's just not worth it... I didn't wait a fuckin year just to get to buy some friggin furniture for my app, which I never used in the first place...

cRazy2003
07-09-04, 01:05
i know im not continuing with it.

Jaenus
07-09-04, 01:06
anyone could of made doy a 300meg patch added a few new zones, added epic runs which were meant to be there anyway. add a few new mobs. guys cmon this is a few months work for even a small team.
A small team dedicated to the work perhaps but KK couldn't have directed all it's development resources to DoY while still supporting NC1. If they had would you have complained about poor service back then? Most people would, including me.

Supporting NC1, developing NC2 and having the internal restructuring from the merger/job reshuffle is very time consuming and I personally think they did well to get this out in the state it's in. But then I've only worked in a similar situation so what would I know eh?

As for the rest of your post you sound like a child who didn't get what he wanted for his birthday. For all your comments you seem to have forgotten once key fact - it's a beta. It's supposed to be buggy, have graphical flaws, memory leaks and yes you would be lucky if it was fun to play. If you can't report the bugs in an informative, helpful way then what on earth are you doing testing it in the first place?

Edit:
It's nothing personal, it just strikes a nerve when people mindlessly tear down other peoples work when in the same situation they'd have probably done a lot worse. It's not everything I expected either but I'll at least let them finish it before I condem them.

Candaman
07-09-04, 01:08
[ edited ]

cRazy2003
07-09-04, 01:10
[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Candaman
07-09-04, 01:15
lol u talk about people expressing their opinion and then "attempt" to flame me for my opinion loool get ur priorities right plz

Samhain
07-09-04, 01:18
[ edited ]

Can you leave yet? Honestly? Please?

Underground
07-09-04, 01:46
[ edited ]
[ edited ]
Cannings may be a prick at times :p but he aint inbred

[ edited ]
Tell me, considering nearly every night, your on neocron till the sun comes up, id LOVE o hear about YOUR real social life... :lol: Tell me, do you work ? Do you still live with your parents, have you got a long term partner, yet its YOU thats trying to call the odds here... How many people, IN REAL LIFE OUTSIDE OF YOUR PC, MSN and NEOCRON, can you call a good friend. Not just people that you know the name of, but people you can properly call friends.

[ edited ]
People state their opinions, and because you dont like it, you flame, call them inbred pricks and all sorts, your comment goes for yourself aswell, good riddance, hope you get yourself enough cash from selling your account to buy yourself some whore, you really gotta go get yourself fucked because thats one hell of a chip you got on your shoulder.

cRazy2003
07-09-04, 01:51
Can you leave yet? Honestly? Please?

[ edited ]

Candaman
07-09-04, 01:51
[ edited ]

samhain > u tbh

QuantumDelta
07-09-04, 01:52
crazy...are you trying to get banned man? :/
Chill out jeez :/

mishkin
07-09-04, 01:53
Umm...
People state their opinions, and because you dont like it, you flame, call them inbred pricks and all sorts

Cannings actually called him an inbred first, just to make this clear... don't flame people for flaming someone when they didn't flame, but it was the other dude that flamed first...

Underground
07-09-04, 01:54
[ edited ]

Samhains allrite, he generally backs up his arguments with valid points instead of insults like inbread or ho9mo, things like that, also I personally appreciate samhains contribution to the forums more then yours

Also were so unsociable, id rather be unsociable then have a drom fetish aswell as wanting to sleep with dead animals :rolleyes:

cRazy2003
07-09-04, 01:56
im leaving anyways so it doesnt bother me, good way to let anger out anyways. this is pritty awesome, i must now be the most hated person in the neocron community, ever, record! :p

drom fetish? O_o

Underground
07-09-04, 01:57
im leaving anyways so it doesnt bother me, good way to let anger out anyways. this is pritty awesome, i must now be the most hated person in the neocron community, ever, record! :p

drom fetish? O_o

That was vetterox, please, dont convince yourself of something like that, just makes you look like a bigger tit.

QuantumDelta
07-09-04, 01:57

drom fetish? O_o
Now that, would be Derisor.

Genty
07-09-04, 01:58
1. Your judging the Game from less than a day of playing a low level with very little ecconomic growth in beta where things still need to be added.
2. True, in it's current state, the game should not be a stand alone product, however, we dunno whats still to come.
3. I played it for 2 hours so far, only fatal I got was at exiting, pritty stable performance so far on my comp which is nothing special. 2Ghz, 1 GB RAM, Geforce FX 5200 using Dx9.
4. If you wish to leave, do so quietly instead of bringing down the motivation of KK and the players around you.

Little more Head, little less anger.

Candaman
07-09-04, 01:59
Umm...

Cannings actually called him an inbred first, just to make this clear... don't flame people for flaming someone when they didn't flame, but it was the other dude that flamed first...

actually i called the thread starter inbred check ur facts

cRazy2003
07-09-04, 01:59
no i seriously think i am, well on the forums anyways, im being attacked by some sort of posse on about 5 different threads.

Genty
07-09-04, 02:00

No...your just someone who thinks they will be remembered after a month of going away and also thinks that anyone cares.

No Respect for anyone who just because they are "leaving" think they can act like arseshats.

Radamez
07-09-04, 02:00

drom fetish? O_o

[ edited ]

QuantumDelta
07-09-04, 02:05
To tack onto Genty's comment:

I've been playing for 5 hours;
1 FRE, While Zoning (weee....)

One Death from falling out of a taxi cab that was parked o_O
One Death from falling off a canyon cliff because I synced there from exit of MC5.
One Death to what looked like bouncy HP.
Frame Rate and Ping all around have been better than it's ever been for me.
I was out in the wastes, fogging off, running maximum everything fogging off.
15 FPS.

Whilst that sounds bad straight off....when you think:

1280x1074x32
Full Graphics, including vegitation.
Several people in the immediate area.

In Neocron Zones I get about 40-90 FPS.

Sewers / Apts / Cellars /etc. 90 FPS Capped and Locked.

(CPU) 1-AMD Athlon™ XP 3000+, 2091MHz, 512KB (28% Load) .:.
(RAM) usage: 200/1024MB (19.53%) .:.
(GFX) RADEON 9600 SERIES - Secondary,
(Display) 1600x1200/32bit/85Hz
(OS) Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600), (installed for) 7w 3h 49m, (uptime) 1d 21h 29m 8s .:.
(HDDs) 112GB/228GB(48.9%) free

So yea, I feel it's improved, previously I was getting around 6-15 FPS in the wastes on LOW Detail 1024x768x16 with several people around.

And before today, I didn't even know there was an FPS Cap :P

Edit;

Other than those bugs the only thing I'd ask anyone to look at would be the damned MP3 loading code.

Though I will eventually turn the music off.
NC Music is nice but just doesn't last.

Ryuben
07-09-04, 02:05
[ edited ]
can u feel the love??!!?

no, ok sling ur hook then.

john irons
07-09-04, 02:08
the reakktor team dont deserve to be working on this game tbh.

i can think of a few other companys that would do a much better job.

the beta so far is a dissapointment :(

Genty
07-09-04, 02:13
the reakktor team dont deserve to be working on this game tbh.

i can think of a few other companys that would do a much better job.

the beta so far is a dissapointment :(

Least KK have the balls to try something new.......Unlike your Sony's and your blah blah blah's.

Breaking the mould is by no stretch of the imagination an easy thing to accomplish, even harder when your the size of KK.

cRazy2003
07-09-04, 02:15
I don't think anyone hates you, we just think you're a complete twat ;)

doesnt bother me so much :p

john irons
07-09-04, 02:21
ugh listen to you with your whole ohnoes the reakktor team is soo small and theyre doing so many things at once bullshit.

if kk had any sense they would employ more people to do more things.
eg.
programmers, mods(paid ones), artists.

it's not as if these people arnt out there.

sorry im flaming you it's not your fault.
it's just kk theryre so fucking useless, i wish they would get thier fucking act together and produce a really decent product, they have the fpsmmog market to themselvs and they still produce a buggy low brow game.

i want them to do well i really do but they just refuse to try.

god danm you kk god danm you for NOT being another ccp.

when theres something to be done they do it.weather it's a patch or a bug fix. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Candaman
07-09-04, 02:32
there is stuff to be done things to be tested hence open beta so stfu with ur moaning on the forums and help them out if ur so commited to the game or just piss off with all your moaning cus no one cares what u think everyone has their own opinion

Genty
07-09-04, 02:32
ugh listen to you with your whole ohnoes the reakktor team is soo small and theyre doing so many things at once bullshit.

*blinks*

Never said they were doing too many things at once just said moulds are different to break when your the size of KK...there is a difference.

if kk had any sense they would employ more people to do more things.
eg.
programmers, mods(paid ones), artists.

With more staff comes more salaries, I don't know about KK's finances but I would expect they are running a thin line of profits, taking the risk of more programmers could kill them completely if that programmer or that artise does not mean more customers.

it's not as if these people arnt out there.

It soon reduces when they have to move to Hannover and I don't think the salary offered is gonna be anything special from a small company. Hours may not be liked either.

sorry im flaming you it's not your fault.

You ain't flaming me...

it's just kk theryre so fucking useless, i wish they would get thier fucking act together and produce a really decent product, they have the fpsmmog market to themselvs and they still produce a buggy low brow game.

They are not completely useless, they still managed to make a game that has addicted thousands of players and people still are pationate about it. KK need to make progress, I agree, however, you are still judging the who game on less than a day of open beta running.

i want them to do well i really do but they just refuse to try.

yeah, they just don't try at all...no effort......

god danm you kk god danm you for NOT being another ccp.

What make another cookie cutter game with perty graphics?

mishkin
07-09-04, 02:34
there is stuff to be done things to be tested hence open beta so stfu with ur moaning on the forums and help them out if ur so commited to the game or just piss off with all your moaning cus no one cares what u think everyone has their own opinion

Do you realise that you actually managed to create a paradox just now? 8|

Mattimeo
07-09-04, 02:37
Do you realise that you actually managed to create a paradox just now? 8|

The entire fabric of reality could break at the realization that a fanboy has managed to be a hypocrite. :lol:

john irons
07-09-04, 02:41
oh candaman just stop with the constant fucking trolling ffs. :mad:

genty i can see your point with ccp eve is a boring game i dont play because of that but they get the job done, and as for the incresed salires for programers kk need to go to the bank, take out a buissness loan and hope for the best, if they turn out a really good game then the playerbase and income wont be a problem.

eve might be cookie cutter or whatever but it has between 5 to 6 thousand people on most of the time.

EDIT
Originally Posted by mishkin
Do you realise that you actually managed to create a paradox just now?

The entire fabric of reality could break at the realization that a fanboy has managed to be a hypocrite.

thank you

Genty
07-09-04, 02:47
genty i can see your point with ccp eve is a boring game i dont play because of that but they get the job done, and as for the incresed salires for programers kk need to go to the bank, take out a buissness loan and hope for the best, if they turn out a really good game then the playerbase and income wont be a problem.

It's all about risks, as for loans, we have no idea if KK already have one or not, also now is not the best time for loans as the German ecconomy is not as strong as it used to be.

eve might be cookie cutter or whatever but it has between 5 to 6 thousand people on most of the time.

EVE may be a solidly constructed game...but if Neocron was cookie cutter, why would we play it? Just go for one of the others made by [insert large company name here]

I think we should face facts that Neocron was not made to compete with the big fish, just swim with the little ones.

Radamez
07-09-04, 02:57

So does EQ, so does Lineage, SW:G .. do I feel, as a gamer, that any of those games compare to NC? hell no..

why?

NC caters for us minority gamers who won't settle for anything less than a down`n`dirty FPS RPG..

Give it to a big company, it'd be carebearized within months.. sell-out to what the majority want..

No it doesn't look like Far Cry, it isn't as stable and maintained as Eve but nothing *feels* like NC does.

I loved NC as it was - except the lack of content, now here it is, i'm happy :)

john irons
07-09-04, 03:47
i would trade in gfx for content and gamplay and a solid build that soesnt crash.

my point is that it sholud be solid not crash and have plenty of content.
theyve had 2 years to add content and they have added some but nearly enough.

how hard would it have been to make epic rewards for all the factions?

the camo pe pa exists in retail but was never added.

cars with a boot

and a million and one little things that are soo easy to add to the game without having to drasticly change the engine code.

higher ress textures throughout the game, everywhere
it can be done look at th.
was it just that they couldnt be bothered?
and yes there is alot of textures in the game and it would probably take a short while to do but it could be done never the less.

Dru Blood
07-09-04, 09:17
[ edited ]

Mattimeo
07-09-04, 09:53
[ edited ]

hey, I take offence to that. don't give him to us ><

Benjie
07-09-04, 09:57
No new weapons (at least none that are sold anywhere)...
There are a few.
Ion crossbow is one of them.

@ Community: Don't jump to rash conclusions all the time. Or just leave and shutup.

[TgR]KILLER
07-09-04, 10:20
@ Community: Don't jump to rash conclusions all the time. Or just leave and shutup.

i cba to respond to all the flamed @ kk.. but for once i agree with benjie here :p

Nidhogg
07-09-04, 11:52
Where are the mods? This is a leaving thread. Closed.

N