PDA

View Full Version : 2 Neocron apps open?

SuperSeb
06-09-04, 21:25
Im just wondering how you have 2 copies of neocron running at the same time. So that you can like pass stuff between characters on different accounts, and how do you start 2 accounts?

Agent L
07-09-04, 09:55
My xps from NC1 :
1) It is usually betterr (faster switching time) tu run both NCs in windows
2) If you're behind a router you HAVE to run these 2 appd on different ports.
- You can run 1 copy, edit ini and then rund second one - which is sometmes not possible due to client keeping file loscked.
- You can make copy of entire neocron folder to create virtually independent instalation. This can't go wrong but you'll sacrifice nearly a gig of diskspace.

tip : multiple instalations of NC can share one terrain.pak - to do this move the "terrain.pak" from NC dir to root of the disk you have NCs instaled on and delete it from every other NCs. This trics saves abput 600MB space per instalation and as terrain.pak isn't patchable it can be shared amongst copies with different patchlevel, like retail and testserver etc. Keep in mind that NC requires no instalation, I did CD install only once and been just copying entire NC dir for nearly 3 years as I changed computers and/or reinstalled sys since then : )

To change port you have to add line >>LOCALPORT = "7050"<< to >>neocron.ini<< , i.e. after >>NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"<<. (Or change it to 7050 if there is already LOCALPORT entry there).
Just make this change to one copy, leaving second running on default port and you're ready to go.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
07-09-04, 11:45
yes we know this but does it work in nc2/

garyu69
07-09-04, 14:24
yes we know this but does it work in nc2/
no reason why not. same game. Just not two chars from same account.