PDA

View Full Version : OK im annoyed and i just dont get it

Ryman
04-09-04, 22:40
I tried a few other MMORPG`s in my time and have never realy enjoyed them that much until i played neocron , I like many other people have got a bit bored with neocron (mainly thru overplaying it) . I sold my original account :( like the idiot i am . only to come back not long after .

So as i looked forward to NC2 doy , i naturaly looked to see what else was about and now several titles i was looking forward to have been canned .I have also been involved in a couple of games beta testing , again i was looking forward to them ...but they just dont cut it , they got nothing on NC .

So now to the part that pisses me off ..... Ive talked to people from other games and people just in general chat in RL and on the Net .....everytime i say what im playing (NC) and tell them how good i think it is they say ........ Never herd of it , or they never seen it in their fave magazine or site they go to for games.

so i ask ? if games that dont even get stated and games that are basicaly shit can advertise and get a good following , why doesnt NC?

Spermy
04-09-04, 23:06
Because life ain't fair - and also - it's hard for little companies to make it in a big world.

Ryman
04-09-04, 23:32
Because life ain't fair - and also - it's hard for little companies to make it in a big world.

your missing the point....... this is something that KK could do something about . when i look at gaming sites i never see NC .

Spermy
04-09-04, 23:38
Aye - there is a fair bit they can do - they've released the client on gaming mag CDs - thats damn good thinking - saves potential customers walking away at the download stage.

Now they have the backing we'll have to wait and see what they do with it - apparently 10tacel are quite aggressive with expansion, so we may just see a bit of an ad campaign.

Jesterthegreat
04-09-04, 23:49
Aye - there is a fair bit they can do - they've released the client on gaming mag CDs - thats damn good thinking - saves potential customers walking away at the download stage.

Now they have the backing we'll have to wait and see what they do with it - apparently 10tacel are quite aggressive with expansion, so we may just see a bit of an ad campaign.

they did that with NC Beta too...

i found a beta 4 client on an old PC Gamer CD recently

Endar
04-09-04, 23:50
Well MMORPGs aint something you advertise on TV or in shops you know. People who play MMORPGs usually look for them, test em and after that they decide if to play them of not. Like Spermy said, advertising in PC Gamer is damn good thing, think about how many ads you have seen about WoW or AO in mags or TV. Because I have seen non.

The point is that CyberPunk genre doesnt hit everyone. Most of the MMORPG players like fantasy or wannabe sci-fi games like AO. You need to advertise NC in mags that people that like CyberPunk read. NC aint like some WoW or AO where you have click&kill combat and really easy time lvling up and spending your skillpoints.

blah Im too tired to type, see ya tomorrow ppl

enigma_b17
05-09-04, 00:29
Well MMORPGs aint something you advertise on TV or in shops you know. People who play MMORPGs usually look for them, test em and after that they decide if to play them of not. Like Spermy said, advertising in PC Gamer is damn good thing, think about how many ads you have seen about WoW or AO in mags or TV. Because I have seen non.

The point is that CyberPunk genre doesnt hit everyone. Most of the MMORPG players like fantasy or wannabe sci-fi games like AO. You need to advertise NC in mags that people that like CyberPunk read. NC aint like some WoW or AO where you have click&kill combat and really easy time lvling up and spending your skillpoints.

blah Im too tired to type, see ya tomorrow ppl

dont c why not, Dawn of war is advertised on sky1 before star trek, although i dont think thats really an rpg. Ive also seen plenty of others advertised on tv :P