PDA

View Full Version : Configuring azereus

Spermy
04-09-04, 20:18
Okay - I'm Using this bloody thing, and my torrents are all yellow - It says i have a nat error... It's displayed in the attachment.

I have no idea how to configure my settings at all - how do I obtain a valid port number - some step by steps would be handy.

O_o :confused: :(

-Demon-
04-09-04, 20:39
Hmmm I'm getting the same, no matter what port i try.

Sorry not much help :/

Cypher_Psy
04-09-04, 20:42
Try letting your Java Runtime access the internet .... (javaw.exe) as Azurus is a java program. Not a separate exe.

-Demon-
04-09-04, 20:44
Sorted it now...added the port to my routers port allow list.

I had forgotten that my IP had changed and that is why it hadn't worked first off.

Ok Spermy first off you got a router or anything need to know your setup really.

Spermy
04-09-04, 21:21
I'm computer 3 in a 3 computer network, we use a 10meg hub, and my Ethernet is onboard

that's all I know.

msdong
04-09-04, 21:37
I'm computer 3 in a 3 computer network, we use a 10meg hub, and my Ethernet is onboard

that's all I know.

i guess you have a router. there you need to go to something like NAT settings or Port forwarding.
usually there is a box for IP and Port.

if you dont know your IP open a command shell (cmd) and type ipconfig.
insert the IP you find there in the router. then put the portnumber that azereus sugest into that port field. maybe you have to add a second port number. if there is a option fot TCP/UDP i hope there is a both seting to because i dont know what torrent use. (try)
maybe you need to disable the port in you firewall (SP2?)

if you use windows sharing better sell one of you PC and buy a router :p

Spermy
04-09-04, 21:40
i guess you have a router. there you need to go to something like NAT settings or Port forwarding.
usually there is a box for IP and Port.

if you dont know your IP open a command shell (cmd) and type ipconfig.
insert the IP you find there in the router. then put the portnumber that azereus sugest into that port field. maybe you have to add a second port number. if there is a option fot TCP/UDP i hope there is a both seting to because i dont know what torrent use. (try)
maybe you need to disable the port in you firewall (SP2?)

if you use windows sharing better sell one of you PC and buy a router :p

Aye - I am using windows sharing... I am router-less

The shame....

Nippa
04-09-04, 21:56
ive got a router that is set to port forwarding and nat turned on

the problem i find with azure is that u get the nat errors quiet alot .. try using a different bt dloading program like bittornado see if that works for you

Brumm
04-09-04, 22:03
Aye - I am using windows sharing... I am router-less

The shame....
i got 5 comps here and i use windows sharing :) but i dont have any problems

msdong
04-09-04, 22:12
i got 5 comps here and i use windows sharing :) but i dont have any problems
windows internet connection sharing is kind of strange. im so lucky ill allway had a old 486 for a linux machine.