PDA

View Full Version : how to disable virtual memory?

Terayon
04-09-04, 01:14
im waiting for my 5900 replacment to come in but my onboard gives me 3-30 fps in p2 and i cant play counter-strike on it. so im using my geforce 2 with burnt out ram on it osmewhere.

so my question is is there a way to disable some or all of the video memory and use the system memory instead? the clock freqs on my geforce 2 mem is 166.5 right now. i have my GART stuff installed aswell. anyone have an idea?

BTW i ment to post on the english one. so if anyone who reads this happens to speak english and wants to help let me know :P

..i..DemonX
04-09-04, 02:29
Actualy as far i know thats not possible, only if u use a GFX that is on ur Mobo u can share the System Memory with the GFX. Otherwise u got to stick on that what ur GFX brings with it.

But i realy wonder why u a) get so low FPS and b) cant play CS on a 5900?
It should be kidna well for NC and CS, i use a 5950 Ultra and hardly go under 30 in NC.

Ziu
04-09-04, 02:32
/move

NaKoth
09-09-04, 12:58
I have not actually tried this, but on most BIOSes have the option to set AGP slot memory (16/32/64/128 etc and auto) so, changing that to lower could do the trick ?

As far as the thread topic goes, virtual memory can be set from:
(WinXP)
Right click on My Computer
Select Properties
Select Advanced (tab)
Select Settings (under Performance)
Select Advanced (tab)
and Virtual memory - change - no paging file (radio button) - click set - click ok
(allthough this answers to the thread topic question, I woul not remove the paging file, unless you have lots of ram)