PDA

View Full Version : Cooking experiments gone bad.

Shujin
04-09-04, 01:05
I've been bored all day and hungry but didnt wanna go out and get something from a store so decided to make some cookies, but i had premade dough. So, i figured i could make my own.

I go to the kitchen and think hmm what are cookies essentially composed of?
Well, i figured it was just basicly flour, eggs, sugar, and milk. I have no milk so i used the nearest liquid to me, which just so happend to be A&W Cream Soda.

Well, i poured about half a cup of it into the bowl, poured a 2 egg whites in it ( i dont like the orange part ;o so i figured it'd be best not to use it in my cookies ), then i went to look for sugar. Well, I found normal grains of sugar, powder sugar, and brown sugar. So i added a bit of all of them.

I went to look for some flour and could only find some corn bread stuff, and im not stupid im not gonna use that. So i looked around and found some dry cake mix, and poored all of that in. mixxed it all up and it looked good. a lil too gooey looking but good.

I preheated oven to 350 and put them in for about 12 mins. they came out looking really nice, alot like sugar cookies. I tasted them and they tasted freakin great.

but about 5 mins later i have the freakin worst stomach ache im my life. feel like i need to throw up, feel like im about to shoot something out my ass and its just not to great feeling.

ate about 3 of the cookies. have a feeling either i made poisonious cookies or added way to much sugar and my body is going sugar nuts.

--
whats your worst cooking mess up?

Terayon
04-09-04, 01:09
ddint mean to post :P

BTW my worst cooking messup was when i made these brownie peanut butter things and it needed 2 cups of powdered sugar... but i had used baking soda instead. it wasent cool.

[TgR]KILLER
04-09-04, 01:10
i just don't cook lol savest :p only thing i cook are eggs and soup and shit hard to fuck that up..

but advise for you.. buy a cook book ^^

Richard Slade
04-09-04, 01:10
hey gimme those sugar thingys!
/me is hooked like a chic on heroin

Possessed
04-09-04, 01:17
I don't cook... the only thing I can do are a) pot noodles and b) things in the microwave. I would actually be scared for my life if I ever attempted to cook something...

Shujin
04-09-04, 01:18
i freakin love cooking but it dont always turn out great >.<

usually ends up tasting good as hell but then i throw it all up about 10 mins later

Richard Slade
04-09-04, 01:21
I don't cook... the only thing I can do are a) pot noodles and b) things in the microwave. I would actually be scared for my life if I ever attempted to cook something...
Hey u be happy, I actually already have scars from trying to cook something...
Big spot on my hand by the thumb is a crater nowadays...

kurai
04-09-04, 01:21
Not strictly a cooking mishap, but ...

Orange juice and maple syrup.

It's fucking horrible - no idea what possessed me to mix them together.

Just say no, kids.[tm]

Shujin
04-09-04, 01:22
Hey u be happy, I actually already have scars from trying to cook something...
Big spot on my hand by the thumb is a crater nowadays...
i got a scar on my right thumb form cookin, i kinda sliced a big chunk of it out... and decided not to get stitchs... so yea it didnt heal back together...

Richard Slade
04-09-04, 01:25
i got a scar on my right thumb form cookin, i kinda sliced a big chunk of it out... and decided not to get stitchs... so yea it didnt heal back together...
Mine was from the oven..
You can't even imagine how fast skin and flesh disintegrates in a 200C oven...
But I can pick up eggs like in Bladerunner style after that...
Sometimes :wtf:

Tratos
04-09-04, 01:27
Not strictly a cooking mishap, but ...

Orange juice and maple syrup.

It's fucking horrible - no idea what possessed me to mix them together.

Just say no, kids.[tm]
Silver skin pickeled onionsO_o with toffee sauce one O_o yeah.....lol they arnt nice.

og and not a cooking mishap but an accident, i knocked a glass of orange juice over into a pate of beans on toast once then said meh what the fuck, tried it and i was almost sick instantly, heh

Psycho_Soldier
04-09-04, 01:28
Made some hot chocolate when I was 6 years old and somehow spilled it all over my stomach was so bad I had blisters... still got a little scar from it, only noticable if I point it out.

[TgR]KILLER
04-09-04, 01:30
Kurai your still around O.o thought you were gone man..

want me to take a picture of the 4 slot all arti PE i got with your name on it ? :p the all worn out thing from years back lol.. names gonna dissapear with nc2 :(

kurai
04-09-04, 01:48
Heya dude ;-)

Not gone - just been lurking around with not much worthwhile to say cos I haven't bothered renewing my account for a couple of months.

http://www.hrmmm.co.uk/nc/4peu.jpg
Do you mean that one, by the way ? :D

[TgR]KILLER
04-09-04, 02:18
just launched nc just for you ;)... its a little more worn over time.. used it as my main gun for ages till i builded my 3 slot ultimated phos with silencer PE on my PE :D

but i gues it is the one... ( btw before anybody makes the smart remark i don't cap it.. kill got about 3/4 of his implants laying in inv instead of the body :p )

http://home.planet.nl/~achte311/kurpe.jpg

LiL T
04-09-04, 05:18
Once tryed to fry a mars bar made a nice hot chip pan full of brown stuff :lol:

Shujin
04-09-04, 05:57
Once tryed to fry a mars bar made a nice hot chip pan full of brown stuff :lol:
u gotta coat it in something first, ie: pancake mix. then dip it in there and it should work fine ;]

i had a frying experiment of my own started dipping everything i could find in pancake batter and then frying it ;D

kurai
04-09-04, 07:40
u gotta coat it in something first, ie: pancake mix. then dip it in there and it should work fine ;]

i had a frying experiment of my own started dipping everything i could find in pancake batter and then frying it ;D
Big magnets ? :D

Dribble Joy
04-09-04, 08:58
Soy sauce + toast = bad.

Spermy
04-09-04, 12:23
Lets just say that just cos it says instant on the box, doesn't mean it is... And in no way shape or form are you supposed to try and hurry it along...

Agent L
04-09-04, 12:38
uhm, if you had dry cake mix why didn't you just RTFM and followed it ? : P
Manuals > all

MrChumble
04-09-04, 12:51
When I was a kid I made my mum breakfast once, but I hadn't quite grasped boiling an egg. I turned the heat on, put the eggs in, cooked them for three minutes, then served them up. I doubt the water was even warm to the touch when I took the eggs out :D

Sadly little has changed in the 20 years odd since that happened; last week I was boiling some water to make some tea and forgot all about it. I didn't realise til a very strong, very unpleasant, smell wafted through to my PC room. Did you know that if you heat it high enough for long enough teflon actually burns?

boombang
04-09-04, 13:06
I too have made a messy cake -bunged what i though t would be god ingredients into a baking tray (flour, water, milk, eggs, sugar).

came back 1/2 hour later to find a very hot sloppy wet mess that had kinda set at on end. Gave it another 1/2 hour and it was still more pancake like than cake.

Ate it with a spoon but it had consistency of sick, and little lumps of unmixed flour and made me vomit everywhere.

I also used to drink orange juice and milk mixed..... but I was a weird kid.

trigger hurt
04-09-04, 14:33
I make make a roast chicken for my girlfriend once a month or so. Last time I made it, I got a little over zealous with it.

Got a nice 6 or 7 pound roaster from the grocery, let him sit in a salt brine overnight. Came home from work and prepared my marinate/basting liquid. Used probably 3 too many lemons in it, but I couldn't tell at the time.

Got the chicken all tied up with butches twine, rubbed it down with my lemon/garlic/olive oil/lemon zest mixture and stuffed the halved lemons in the carcass.

Cooked it till it was done. Now, the chicken was done, but because I used too many lemons, it was inedible. My girlfriend took a bite, she squinted, looked at me, picked up the phone and ordered pizza. I haven't cooked the chicken since.

Shujin
04-09-04, 17:35
uhm, if you had dry cake mix why didn't you just RTFM and followed it ? : P
Manuals > all
well the cookies did end up tasting alot like cake but i didnt want it to be like cake much ;[ anyway i kinda did follow it but instead of water i put cream soda and instead of 3 eggs i put 2 eggs and dont like oil so didnt add oil

I also used to drink orange juice and milk mixed..... but I was a weird kid.
my brother used to eat orange juice in cerial instead of milk O_o

Opar
04-09-04, 17:42
my brother used to eat orange juice in cerial instead of milk O_o

Vitamin C + Carbs in one meal.

Leet tbh.

nobby
04-09-04, 17:55
i do pot noodles for 4 mins in the microwave, saves about 7 mins boiling with kettle... well anyway, i accidently put a bombay bad boy on for 40 minutes and went to play neocron...... KABOOM!
the fucking mess it made! :lol:

Test-0
04-09-04, 18:14
Once I cooked hotdogs in a pot of water on the stove... for three and a half hours. Oopsie. :D The pot was bone dry and the hotdogs were practically welded to it. I felt so bad for doing it I couldn't eat anything other then toast for the rest of the day. ^^; :lol:

Ryman
04-09-04, 21:35
I tried to grill a steak when my wife was out yesterday and it looked great.....but was tough as leather :( could have made a new shoe out of it lol

Spermy
04-09-04, 21:45
well the cookies did end up tasting alot like cake but i didnt want it to be like cake much ;[ anyway i kinda did follow it but instead of water i put cream soda and instead of 3 eggs i put 2 eggs and dont like oil so didnt add oil

See this why you were sick dude!

All them tasty nummy nums cookies haver th same crap in as the packet wants you to add. They are needed ingredients - you won't taste em when they're done!

Any how - remembered another one, In halls - we had a power outage - and my mate john wanted to have this microwave lasagne... never happenning - till someone had the bright idea of holding lighters underneath...

2 minutes and some very nasty burns later.......

and1guy
04-09-04, 22:02
I made a ham+cheese sandwich the other day, and felt a lil sick a few hours later.. meh, couple days later i get out the mayo, ham and cheese.. just happen to look at the mayo jar and it said "This is good until FEBRUARY 2004" i about gagged and was like AWWW DAMN THATS RANK! mmm smelly mayo thats almost 6 months old.. *DROOLS* then throws up.. mm