PDA

View Full Version : Freaky lizard my cat as brought in the house...

Shujin
03-09-04, 21:06
we have alot of geckos around where i live and my cat usually brings in at least 1 a week...

well this time she brought a lizard ive never seen before, its red green and blue O_o has a very very short tail ( more of a nub at the end then a tail ) and it moves pretty slow, its pretty fat ( well not huge but about 50% bigger than a gecko )

edit: a bit more detail: its mostly back, but has about 5 lines going down the length of its body which are colored. its head has red lines, middle body has yellow lines, lower body green lines, and lower lower body is blue lines

Psycho_Soldier
03-09-04, 21:08
we have alot of geckos around where i live and my cat usually brings in at least 1 a week...

well this time she brought a lizard ive never seen before, its red green and blue O_o has a very very short tail ( more of a nub at the end then a tail ) and it moves pretty slow, its pretty fat ( well not huge but about 50% bigger than a gecko )

It's still alive O_O? I have a feeling something with those colors would be somewhat poisonous o_O.

Shujin
03-09-04, 21:09
It's still alive O_O? I have a feeling something with those colors would be somewhat poisonous o_O.
yea i just let it outside, had it between 2 paper plates. my cat is a vicious killer so i feel sry for everything left alive she catchs and let them out ;[

joran420
03-09-04, 21:12
tail prolly just got bitten off....prolly normally has a long tail...most lizards can drop their tail and regrow a new one to help them avoid predators....

I cant think of any lizards of the top of my head that are poisonus to humans(well enough to do any kind of damage to you at least)....well cept maybe Komoto dragons(but their huge and their poison is more of an anesthetic...it doesnt actually hurt your boddy just numbs and paralyzes it so they can snack on yer arm or leg for a while

Shujin
03-09-04, 21:15
tail prolly just got bitten off....prolly normally has a long tail...most lizards can drop their tail and regrow a new one to help them avoid predators....

I cant think of any lizards of the top of my head that are poisonus to humans(well enough to do any kind of damage to you at least)....well cept maybe Komoto dragons(but their huge and their poison is more of an anesthetic...it doesnt actually hurt your boddy just numbs and paralyzes it so they can snack on yer arm or leg for a whilebeaded lizards and gila monsters are
but this lizard was neither of those

Shujin
03-09-04, 21:18
found out what it is ;D
"Five lined skink"
http://www.fcps.k12.va.us/StratfordLandingES/Ecology/Reptiles/Five-lined%20Skink/E.fasciatus3.jpg

when i first seen it only seen its head and was like O_O shite a snake but then looked a bit more and seen it had legs and was like *phew

joran420
03-09-04, 21:22
arent gila monsters just another name for komoto dragon?

Cerbious
03-09-04, 21:23
mind me asking where u live? with all this going on lol

Psycho_Soldier
03-09-04, 21:24
Where do you live anyway that there are such creatures that live near by.

joran420
03-09-04, 21:25
He lives in a wooded area of the south east US....

I think

Vampire222
03-09-04, 21:28

I cant think of any lizards of the top of my head that are poisonus to humans(well enough to do any kind of damage to you at least)....well cept maybe Komoto dragons(but their huge and their poison is more of an anesthetic...it doesnt actually hurt your boddy just numbs and paralyzes it so they can snack on yer arm or leg for a while

Komodo dragons also have lots of Viruses and bacteria in their mouth, so if they bite you, you get infected with lots of stuff also,

Spermy
03-09-04, 21:36
Komodo dragons also have lots of Viruses and bacteria in their mouth, so if they bite you, you get infected with lots of stuff also,

Y'know, cos all viruses are worse tham losing an arm.... :rolleyes:

EDIT - By the way... looks like a five lined skink to me.... :lol:

kurai
03-09-04, 21:38
Sounds like a Five-lined Skink.

Edit: lol Shujin - did you go back and edit while I was posting ? ;)

Opar
03-09-04, 21:42
I thinks its a Five Lined Skink.

Vampire222
03-09-04, 21:45
Y'know, cos all viruses are worse tham losing an arm.... :rolleyes:

Lol no, but the ones its carrying are nasty too... they dont actually hurt people thou... just babies

joran420
03-09-04, 21:48
what doesnt hurt ppl? komodo dragons?

are you kidding theyll grub on a full grown person no problem...if they get a chance....but since theyre only found naturally on one tropical island and they are kept in enclosures to keep ppl awayfrom them(ther than for sightseeing) doesnt happen very often that they attack a human....

kurai
03-09-04, 21:54
arent gila monsters just another name for komoto dragon?

No.

http://www.drseward.com/images/gilasale1.JPG Gila Monster - south-west US.

http://www.heptune.com/komodo12.jpg Komodo dragon - a few islands in Indonesia.

It's also about 5 times the size ;-)

kurai
03-09-04, 21:56
...but since theyre only found naturally on one tropical island and they are kept in enclosures to keep ppl awayfrom them(ther than for sightseeing) doesnt happen very often that they attack a human....

http://www.heptune.com/komodo5.jpg

Yep. Only kept in enclosures.

Or not.

;)

Shujin
03-09-04, 22:02
He lives in a wooded area of the south east US....

I think
yep, georgia.

its basicly tropical :P i actually got bamboo in my backyard

Sounds like a Five-lined Skink.

Edit: lol Shujin - did you go back and edit while I was posting ? ;)
not unless it took me 20 mins to edit it :P ( which it didnt )

joran420
03-09-04, 22:03
wow...weird i watched some shit on travel channel....well maybe the tourists to the island are the ones kept in enclosures

kurai
03-09-04, 22:07
not unless it took me 20 mins to edit it :P ( which it didnt )

heh

Must have taken me that long to look it up and try and decide if it was the Skink or the Racerunner you were describing, I guess.

Plus a few minutes to forum search to check memory that you were in south east US (vaguely remembered Florida, for some reason) :lol:

Shujin
03-09-04, 22:08
heh

Must have taken me that long to look it up and try and decide if it was the Skink or the Racerunner you were describing.

Plus a few minutes to forum search to check memory that you were in south east US (vaguely remembered Florida, for some reason) :lol:
bout 20 mins from florida ;P so gonna have a hurricane soon ;]

Doc Holliday
03-09-04, 23:14
lol kurai when did u get back.

kurai
03-09-04, 23:17
I've been around most of the time albeit infrequently posting, mostly lurking.

Since I havent bothered renewing an NC account for a couple of months I found little worth commenting on ;)