PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta and NC2 Character Transfer Questions

hudsonbeck
03-09-04, 19:25
First question:
When I download beta and play on monday, will i still be able to play NC1 after that or is it like test server and i wil lhave two installs?

Second question:
I think this has been discusses before but i could not find specific info on it. I have characters on pluto and saturn. On pluto I have a APU named "x" and on Saturn i have a APU named "x" they look exactly alike and are almost identical equpiment and skill wise, how will i identify each when i use the web system to transfer on the 29th to go to NC2?

I found this info, but it didnt clearify:

Will we be able to transfer our characters once the open beta begins or only at the retail start?

The upgrade of an existing account to Neocron 2 and therefore the final transfer of characters from Neocron 1 to Neocron 2 will be available from the 29th of September on. We will however enable the character transfer (without deleting the chars from the Neocron 1 database) during the beta to test the system. That way both we and the customers will be able to familiarize ourselves with the system.

Is there a date after which it won’t be possible to make changes to the characters before the transfer?

Yes, this date derives from the fact that we will need 3 days of server downtime to restructure the servers. This means that the servers will be shut down at midnight (CEST, GMT +2) on the 26th of September 2004. From that point on, no further changes can be made to the characters.

Thanks,
H

Vampire222
03-09-04, 19:29
i bet its like the extra testserver install, you'll still be able to play nc1... but who is gonna want to :D

Tostino
03-09-04, 22:24
i bet its like the extra testserver install, you'll still be able to play nc1... but who is gonna want to :D
Umm if i am transfering my char to the beta i will keep my PVP stuff so i dont have to get new spells made and i will setup my char for the real transfer after that.

eldiabloz
03-09-04, 22:27
The charter will be transfered from NC1 to database 6 september or 26 september? Or both :wtf:

When the wipe take place?

joran420
03-09-04, 22:31
you can transfer on the 6th(same transfer rules apply afaik) but the original char in NC1 will not be deleted.

on the 26th you will do the actuall transfer, and the original NC1 copy will be deleted and no longer accessible

thats how i understand it

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 22:32
Simple as this: It's NC2, you don't need the NC1 client to play (Read FAQ)
Hence why you should be able to use both clients
The char freeze is at the 26th I belive

Dribble Joy
03-09-04, 22:35
you can transfer on the 6th(same transfer rules apply afaik) but the original char in NC1 will not be deleted.

on the 26th you will do the actuall transfer, and the original NC1 copy will be deleted and no longer accessible
Pretty much.
Afaik, you upload your char to the open beta, this is as much to test the char transfer process as it is to speed up the testing.
Your char will not however be removed from the NC1 servers/DB, that will only happen when you upgrade your chars to NC2.

steweygrrr
03-09-04, 22:48
Don't forget, this is only the beta client. While you may be able to upload your char for NC2, I don't think that you will be able to use it in this release (as far as I can remember, Holger said something about this somewhere). I think we have to start new chars for the beta, but when we get the final version retail client, we can use our uploaded chars :)

eldiabloz
03-09-04, 22:49
We should read this:
http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=270