PDA

View Full Version : Turning Vegetation on and off.

Spermy
03-09-04, 17:16
Okay - so we all hate those wee bushes and stuff don't we? So we turn them off. So today - I got in a tussle with this fella - He'll remain nameless. I was in need of a reload, so I ran inbetween the trees to take cover while I did, no sense in staying out in the open if you can't shoot!

So I crouch by the tree... and he just stops firing... I sense somethings afoot, and ask (from a safe distance!!!) "Lag?"

He replies - No. But he lost me in the bushes!!

Never underestimate the power of bushes!

Anyways - my point - should scrub and undergrowth be kept on if possible in NC2? It's nice to be able to duck down in the tall grass and blend in a bit. Actually saved my ass, tried it with the full detail myself, and it makes things a whole lot more interesting - and hardly affects performance - I went from 80FPS doen to about 76 on average.

cRazy2003
03-09-04, 17:21
heh thats pritty cool, if vegetation etc was kept it could make outdoor pvp combat and op fights much more tactical, shame people still have slow graphics cards and need the vegetation turned off, how about the lowest setting making the vegetation the lowest quality instead.

evs
03-09-04, 17:21
hardly affects performance - I went from 80FPS doen to about 76 on average.

Erm ?

Try it in some areas around the swamp caves.
Especially in say the one around gravis.

That's one hell of a hit to your FPS - makes a huge difference there, and on lower end pc's really takes peeps down from 60 fps to 3

john irons
03-09-04, 18:45
if kk have done a good job on nc2's engine then it should be able to use vegitation with no fps hit like it is in bf:vietnam

here's hoping :angel: :angel:

rob444
03-09-04, 18:48
Yeah it would be nice to have that sort of stuff, hiding in high grass etc. I thought it worked when I was new to the game but I was so wrong :lol:

Oh swampcave vegetation rocks! Try to find the cave with that on, that's how it's suposed to be. Sometimes I wish we were forced to use vegetation :(

OTIS
03-09-04, 18:50
ya ihave gone from 60+ fps (veg off) to 11 fps with it turned on... :wtf: