PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 Community Contest

SnowCrash
03-09-04, 15:41
It's time for another Community Contest. We need your creative input to enrich the Neocron 2 Gameworld with stories and poetry. This is your unique chance to become a part of the game and give fun and pleasure to other players with your creativity.

The Task:
Write short-stories or poems about Neocron and its people that are in character and consistent with the Neocron mythology

The Reward:
All submissions will be voted by the Community and the 10 best stories and 10 best poems will be implemented into the game as dialogs for new Non-Player Character wearing the names of their authors.

The Rules:
- Your stories or poems have to be conform with the Neocron Rules of Conduct
- Your author name has to be conform with the Neocron Rules of Conduct
- Only one story and one poem submission per player
- Your stories or poems have to be written in english

Send in your submissions as textfiles together with your forum name to contest@reakktor.info with the subject "Story & Poem Contest". The deadline for the submissions is Friday, 10th of september.

Please read the Rules of Conduct carefully before you start to write. Any abusive stories or poems will be deleted at once. We reserve the right to edit any submissions.

garyu69
03-09-04, 15:44
Cool, Best get to work :D

ezza
03-09-04, 15:46
someone write a heroic story about me :D

hinch
03-09-04, 15:46
hrmp how do i think of something todo with monkeh the monk oO

ezza
03-09-04, 15:49
hrmp how do i think of something todo with monkeh the monk oO
something about godlike over powered hybrid monks?

winnoc
03-09-04, 15:50
Little Jack lived to hack.
But for pvp, he said :"That's not for me".
As he grew stronger, his weapons grew longer.
Now, with a spirit mod, he truely is a "kill it" god.

Little john loved to sex a drom.....
[edited for violation of animal rights]

CkVega
03-09-04, 15:50
huh? poetry?
ok..
Neocron, oh neocron, how I do think of you.
like a vampire sucking my life away,
you've left me with no clue.

hinch
03-09-04, 15:51
im thinking along those lines "when he was young he had the gift to control both agressive modules and also passive modules" "however as time passed his agressive tendancies died down as he became more protective of his children and followers, choosing to focus on his protective powers to become the most powerfull passive monk ever able to with stand whole armies on his own to ressurect fallen comrades"

:) something along those lines.

if i get chance i'll have a think over the weekend need to be in a good mood to write a good story and atm i have my mind on other things

winnoc
03-09-04, 15:51
huh? poetry?
ok..
Neocron, oh neocron, how I do think of you.
like a vampire sucking my life away,
you've left me with no clue.

Nono! It should be:
like a wampire you sucked my life away, and why can't i get a woman to stay :-)

Spermy
03-09-04, 15:54
Done and done - Hopefully I'll see luca wandering round Plaza -

CkVega
03-09-04, 16:00
Neocron, the online game.
With parashock, which is pretty lame.
the big blue smurf
got a nerf
now everones characters the same,

ezza
03-09-04, 16:03
Neocron, the online game.
With parashock, which is pretty lame.
the big blue smurf
got a nerf
now everones characters the same,
lmao quality

me misses meh smurf tanky :(

and if they had kept the colours id be missing my Red tanky right now :mad:

Ryuben
03-09-04, 16:06
where do we send them to ?

;) ill write one about a hyb and his spy m8 :p

sanityislost
03-09-04, 16:21
OMG sweet!!!!

imma do something for it, will prolly be crap....but meh

SiL ..:..

Vampire222
03-09-04, 16:26
too bad i can;t write, awesome contest thou :D

Judge
03-09-04, 17:49
Oooh... I'll have to write a story about Drikie.... To the storymobile!

Brammers
03-09-04, 18:02
Well that will pass the time on my train journeys to London and back this weekend! :)

*Finds pen and paper*

Koshinn
03-09-04, 18:21
When does the contest end?
Like when's the deadline?
When will winners be announced?

Jonax
03-09-04, 18:31
When does the contest end?
Like when's the deadline?

The deadline for the submissions is Friday, 10th of september.

When will winners be announced?

All submissions will be voted by the Community

Any more questions? :)

Clownst0pper
03-09-04, 18:52
Already began writing, GL everyone!

Marx
03-09-04, 19:31
I resubmit all this junk (http://neocron.dirtynuke.net/). :P

Viper Venom
03-09-04, 20:59
ohhhhhh ime gona get writing a poem on the history of nc, this should be fun

Dirk_Gently
03-09-04, 21:11
Shame I can't really write for any one else.

It's a good idea though :)

Koshinn
03-09-04, 21:16
Snowcrash edited his post. :-P thanks though.

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 21:26
Let's see what we can do this time...

No talking about headlights tho...
(http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=947543&postcount=4)

G.0.D.
03-09-04, 22:43
some one write a story about me :P

CkVega
03-09-04, 22:55
some one write a story about me :P

God was a Neocron Player
Of rare parts he was quite the purveyor,
He bought a Wyatt Earp
it barely made a burp
then he became its biggest naysayer.

MrChumble
03-09-04, 23:42
I don't really have any time to write something new, but I might be able to squeeze out another Jack the Tank (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=106428) story. Not sure how much swearing is allowed by the T&C :D

Maybe it'll have to be about Eddy instead.

[F6]Knight
04-09-04, 03:58
waht is the limit on these "short" stories?(such as how many words are allowed? :confused:

Clownst0pper
04-09-04, 15:38
My opening paragraph, im up to two pages so far..

"The rain danced delicately upon the spys infiltration suit, finding contours as it caressed down his body before forming a small pool around his feet. The spy looked up for a moment, letting the rain hit is face. Lighting sparked in the distance as the flash wiped the sky white; for just a moment, he squinted.
A small Mech Turtle approached his foot inquisitively, the spy looked down with curiosity and picking up the turtle he placed it on its back, as if finding humour in the poor creature. "

MrChumble
04-09-04, 16:09

"The rain danced delicately upon the spys infiltration suit, finding contours as it caressed down his body before forming a small pool around his feet. The spy looked up for a moment, letting the rain hit is face. Lighting sparked in the distance as the flash wiped the sky white; for just a moment, he squinted.
A small Mech Turtle approached his foot inquisitively, the spy looked down with curiosity and picking up the turtle he placed it on its back, as if finding humour in the poor creature. "
That's very good. The competition is going to be stiffer than I thought :)

Some guide to length would be nice. NPC related stories are going to be wierd - they can only give so much text at once, so narrative flow will be tricky, and you have to contend with people being slack and lazy and giving up half way through. Do KK have a length in mind for this?

SnowCrash
04-09-04, 22:44

Sounds very good but try to keep it within a short story. The stories will be showed via dialogs and these shouldn't be too long. ;)

Spermy
04-09-04, 23:29
Working on a script at the moment - a set of riddles from an old psi monk, maybe senile or summat - any how - they're random but the answers are set - so I've got about 12 questions and answer sets down at the moment - I figured that you can talk to him and win something random if you answer a question correctly, like a couple hundred NC or a drug or a low level spell or summat (maybe one TL10 to 20 prize) - but the convos can be flagged so that once you've talked to him and answered all his riddles it defaults to something like -

" You have proven your wisdom - there is no point in me testing you any further."

so players just can't keep ansering the questions over and over - pnce all the questions have been answered - thats your lot

Omnituens
05-09-04, 00:33
can limericks count as poems?

because they are really.

CkVega
05-09-04, 01:10
can limericks count as poems?

because they are really.

hehe yeah. Although, I've already used all my best stuff up :(

System
05-09-04, 07:15
I'm cocky and wrote a story about myself :-p
I created the story like you would read it ingame from a npc.

Click here for Story (http://home.comcast.net/~u4n/NeocronStory.txt)

Spermy
05-09-04, 11:18
I'm cocky and wrote a story about myself :-p
I created the story like you would read it ingame from a npc.

Click here for Story (http://home.comcast.net/~u4n/NeocronStory.txt)

Wow - your E penis just grew by like 2 feet...

Clownst0pper
05-09-04, 12:34
Sounds very good but try to keep it within a short story. The stories will be showed via dialogs and these shouldn't be too long. ;)

ugh dont know if I can do that :(

How about I continue to write this story, and you can fit it into the needed dialogs?:D

Clownst0pper
05-09-04, 19:39
Well, ill post my finished story here as well as send it in, ive no idea if its actually what there looking for, but the clan loved it, and its a good read even if I do say so myself :p

(NPC) “Hey you, want to hear a story?”

‘The rain danced delicately upon the spys infiltration suit, finding contours as it caressed down his body before forming a small pool around his feet. The spy looked up for a moment, letting the rain hit is face. Lighting sparked in the distance as the flash wiped the sky white; for just a moment, he squinted.
A small Mech Turtle approached his foot inquisitively, the spy looked down with curiosity and picking up the turtle he placed it on its back, as if finding humour in the poor creature.
The spy stood looking into the distance, as if seeing something of interest, raising his right hand he armed his stealth tool, it crackled in the rain as it began to charge, in a cloud of electricity he had vanished.
Lightning continued to crackle over the sky as the spy took his stealthed steps away from the Mech Turtle. Running now, foot prints could be seen in the sodden earth, the spy stopped for a moment, two people could be heard talking; he moved closer inside the Military Base entrance, kneeling beside two Rhino Tanks.
In the far corner opposite the Rhino Tanks were two figures, huddled together, in long coats, conversing about some matter of importance; they looked impatient.

“Twilight Guardian?” he said to himself as he moved closer to them.

One of the figures turned and looked towards the Rhino Tanks, the rain beating down, obscuring his vision; he rubbed his hands together, and raised an eyebrow. In the distance, he could see the form of a figure moving as the rain etched the spy.

“Broker, we need to leave, there isn’t much time, we have company” he muttered, still following the stealthed figure; he corrected his glasses.

“What’s wrong sir? Do you suspect its..” Broker stopped talking, there was an eerie silence for a moment, “Come out spy, you can’t stealth forever!” taunted Hoffman.
The larger of the two men in weight and height, he held himself strongly, although he looked aged and travel worn, his partner, Broker, was smaller in stature, with a slender figure; the spy did not know the pair. They knew of him.

The spy was crouched now, he had forgotten the rain was still hitting his suit, stealth was useless.

“Ten seconds left on my Obliterator, time to test these fools” his body crackled with electricity as the timer hit zero, un-stealthed he leapt forward, Judge in hand, he rained plasma on the two figures.

“Shit! Hoffman, get dow-” Hoffman swung aside his large coat, with a push of his left hand onto Brokers mouth he silenced him

“Ill handle this, get into position” Wiping the Wyatt Earp from under his coat he brought his body to the side, and stretched out his right arm, firing with precision he hit the spy twice in the chest, his deflector taking most of the damage.

Hoffman crouched and rolled as plasma hit his shoulder; mud from the ground flew high as Hoffman kicked his heels back, with one hand on his knee he charged the spy; his shoulder in agony.

In a spark of ability the pair circled each other, taking hits after hit. Hoffman was losing, and he knew it, his Wyatt Earp was no match against a spy with such Psi Manipulation; especially this spy.

“I’ve got to do something” he thought to himself as he took a hit to the thigh, crippling his running ability.

Thrusting his hand inside his pocket, he reached for his key, avoiding another plasma shot, he aimed and fired, the explosive clip ripped through the air parting the rain as it smashed into one of the three eyes on the spys power armour.

The spy wailed in pain, holding his hand to his left eye; it was the distraction Hoffman needed.

“Time to leave” with a small press of a button, the ground began to shake, an intense sound echoed around the entrance of the Military Base.

“What th-” the spy looked up, soaring across the sky was what looked like some sort of plane, too large to be a glider, with efficiency it hovered stationary outside the Military Base entrance. It was Broker in the driving seat; he smiled at the spy as he armed one of the gattling cannons.

“Damn, he stealthed past me!” scorned the spy.

Hoffman limped forward and clambered onboard, he looked at the spy, and smiled as he waved; the sound of the gattling cannon starting up echoed inside the Bombers cargo hold.

“Ill take him down” uttered the spy with spite.

The spy hit activate on his Obliterator as the first shots from the gattling cannon thundered up the ground towards him, leaping to the left he hid behind one of the Rhino Tanks, breathing heavily he spun back to the right, and ran towards the Bomber, Broker, still firing randomly through the rain was comforted when he knew Hoffman was inside the cockpit beside him, unaware that the spy was now, in fact onboard..’

(NPC) “No one saw the spy again, some believe he was caught onboard by Hoffman and Broker, some believe he made it into the Dome Of York before the bombs hit, either way, there are still rumours that he is around the Dome, some also claim he was converted to fight for the Dome factions by Hoffman. We will never know!”

Saza
05-09-04, 20:04
My story:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=109537

Sorry about the length :)

Nidhogg
05-09-04, 20:16
Just to remind you, stories have to be emailed to contest@reakktor.info in order to be eligible.

N

Clownst0pper
05-09-04, 20:17
Just to remind you, stories have to be emailed to contest@reakktor.info in order to be eligible.

N

Yeah ive sent dont panic! :D

cRazy2003
06-09-04, 00:51
ok heres mine, if anyones thinking its fairly bad vocabulary remember the guy speaking is meant to be radiated and disorientated :p

the NPC:

i had it all you know, money, strength, power. I lived and worked with the best. its just *pause* terrible when people are so damn naive..

option : what do you mean?

i had the dream, i had the sight, but did anyone listen? no they didn’t, I saw it coming... the blinding light, the ear-piercing explosion, the smell and taste of burnt flesh, the soft red glow of the charred wastelands in the distance. I saw it all, there, in my dreams. but did anyone listen?, no.. all the lives lost, the mass destruction of all the buildings, economies, animals...people..

option: what the hell are you talking about?

Dome of York son...the city of the future, in my eyes anyways, it was all going so well, the nuclear launch of that missile against the canyon, such a success, celebrations...then it hit, the light.. so intense then the heat, the fire, the helpless employee's burning away in there own clothing, there agonising screams, oh my head..

option: how did you survive?

how do you expect me to fucking know that? i probably didn’t, or should i say probably wont, i can feel the radiation ripping my organs apart with every passing second, the blurs, faint.. light....

option: you need some help

:p

Viper Venom
06-09-04, 01:06
prff, my poetry is to dam medievil. trying to adapt my tallen to cyber punk dont work to well :'(

hopefully u will get to see a poem but meh, its a work in progress, (wheres a medieval to scifi translater when u need one)

MkVenner
06-09-04, 02:10
ok finished mine, its crap and has the grammer of a 5 year old but i needed something to amuse me, if any one wants to read it u can find it here, e-mailed it too

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boomer_uk/NCcompo.doc

Heavyporker
06-09-04, 14:27
Damn... I'm intringued... but I may've come in too late... :(

At least its only one more week of work before I can really start to settle down.

Anyways, considering that its NPC dialog thingie, poems'll be the way to go.

Oh, and snowwie? Do we get a say in where the NPC guy can go?

cRazy2003
06-09-04, 17:59
Damn... I'm intringued... but I may've come in too late... :(

At least its only one more week of work before I can really start to settle down.

Anyways, considering that its NPC dialog thingie, poems'll be the way to go.

Oh, and snowwie? Do we get a say in where the NPC guy can go?

welcome back porketh :p

G.0.D.
06-09-04, 18:07
God was a Neocron Player
Of rare parts he was quite the purveyor,
He bought a Wyatt Earp
it barely made a burp
then he became its biggest naysayer.

OMG ENTER THAT!! it = win! :lol:

Social-Zero
06-09-04, 19:56
This is my entry :

My hollow soul will meet
Your lack of skills and wisdom
My spirit, lost so deeply
Expierence you must gain
Whenever you may see
A part of you increasing
Think once, think twice
Remember to continue

- Social-Zero -

cRazy2003
06-09-04, 20:02
This is my entry :

My hollow soul will meet
Your lack of skills and wisdom
My spirit, lost so deeply
Expierence you must gain
Whenever you may see
A part of you increasing
Think once, think twice
Remember to continue

- Social-Zero -

nice, doesnt have jack-shit to do with neocron though :p

Social-Zero
06-09-04, 20:05
Wow , I guess you don't understand the poem then !

My hollow soul will meet <- My char meeting other chars
Your lack of skills and wisdom <- neocron players acting like they are da bomb
My spirit, lost so deeply <- Me being depressed because of them
Expierence you must gain <- They must gain some more xp
Whenever you may see <- When they notice
A part of you increasing <- A level going up
Think once, think twice <- think about it and don't yell like a school child
Remember to continue <- And go on with your game

:)

Richard Slade
06-09-04, 20:06
nice, doesnt have jack-shit to do with neocron though :p
Actually it does..
And my psychic side talks to me...It says...
It's pointed at you..

Spermy
06-09-04, 20:24
Actually it does..
And my psychic side talks to me...It says...
It's pointed at you..

*Places spoon on monitor to see if it bends*

Richard Slade
06-09-04, 20:25
*Places spoon on monitor to see if it bends*
Fuck Uri, I shape Preachers Choice bottles into tables damnit.

cRazy2003
06-09-04, 21:59
Wow , I guess you don't understand the poem then !

My hollow soul will meet <- My char meeting other chars
Your lack of skills and wisdom <- neocron players acting like they are da bomb
My spirit, lost so deeply <- Me being depressed because of them
Expierence you must gain <- They must gain some more xp
Whenever you may see <- When they notice
A part of you increasing <- A level going up
Think once, think twice <- think about it and don't yell like a school child
Remember to continue <- And go on with your game

:)

well through a quick read i wouldnt of picked up any of that :p

Archeus
06-09-04, 22:00
Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age but my guess for the winner will be.

- Someone related to KK
- Someone who rips off someone elses work and colors it in.
- Someone who ignores the rules totally and makes a pile of crap that wins due to mysterious rules being added after the winning.

Failing that, they will ignore all the entries and pick something that was stuck under the bottom of the fridge for the last 3 months.

Josh Dabbs
07-09-04, 00:30
Nope, I think you're just been Cynical :D

I wrote something and submitted it, and was informed that no-one associated with KK was allowed to enter.. so stop worrying, start writing.

Its all good, see? ;)

Archeus
07-09-04, 09:01
I wrote something and submitted it, and was informed that no-one associated with KK was allowed to enter.. so stop worrying, start writing.

Its all good, see? ;)

Mail it to me and I'll write it in a different pen and put in comments like "I hope I get a DS for this" scattered through the story. I'm a guaranteed win then. :p

Ryuben
07-09-04, 11:24
my humble entry

:O short ish

http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptryuben/nc%20short.txt