http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Banking/FinancialPrivacy/P33718.asp

Benjie
03-09-04, 07:41
From now on, I will say no.
KK, no. You cannot have my SS number.
You cannot demand it.

Psycho_Soldier
03-09-04, 07:45
Worldpay was fine, I don't know why KK had to switch. I have a feeling 10Tacel or whatever has something to do with that... That shit is just way to suspicious to me now that I think about it after reading that..

NS_CHROME54
03-09-04, 07:54
well we don't have a Social Security Number in canada. we have a little thing called Social Insurance Number, which i think does the same thing.

Seven
03-09-04, 07:55
Wait a minute, EVERYONE has to use CLICK2PAY?

I thought if you were using a credit card and in the USA there was another option.

So if I want to use my Visa or Master Card I have to use CLICK2PAY and to use them I have to give my SS number?

If so, that ain't happening.

RayBob
03-09-04, 08:50
Good article. As Nancy would say, "Just say no."

Soothsayer
03-09-04, 10:00
Did anyone else besides me notice that every advertisement link on that page took you to a site that eventually asked you for your SS number ?

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 10:26
And I say what I've always said:
You can have any fucking number you want KK!
I still haven't got any SS AT ALL

Vampire_Reaver
03-09-04, 10:28
And I say what I've always said:
You can have any fucking number you want KK!
I still haven't got any SS AT ALL

yeah, whatever number you like KK..
sweden rocks huh slade, no number maniacs here :p

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 10:29
yeah, whatever number you like KK..
sweden rocks huh slade, no number maniacs here :p
Nope, just pure anarchy ^^

Archeus
03-09-04, 10:32
Did anyone else besides me notice that every advertisement link on that page took you to a site that eventually asked you for your SS number ?

I have adblock on Firefox... whats an advert?

AFAIR you are not entitled to give your SS number in the US except to the government. It is illegal to ask for it. When you mention this to said business they will just ask you for a random number.

Btw, did you know that a certain range of SS numbers are allocated to Witness protection program (don't have the range here offhand).

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 10:34
I have adblock on Firefox... whats an advert?

AFAIR you are not entitled to give your SS number in the US except to the government. It is illegal to ask for it. When you mention this to said business they will just ask you for a random number.
But if you're not to give it out to anyone but gov...
Doesn't that mean they can't get it if you don't give it out?
In other words a random number is fine since they can't check it??

sanityislost
03-09-04, 10:38
lol yea but wouldnt they notice when they get 1mil ss numbers which are made of 69 :p

as far as i know....the UK doesnt have em...Wheeeeeeeeee

SiL ..:..

Archeus
03-09-04, 10:42
Actually I stand corrected. Companies can ask for it. Your only recourse is to refuse.

UK does have them, but it is probably called something else.

In Ireland for example it is PRSI number. Its a huge number with at least one character in it (the check bit). Wouldn't know mine offhand and no one except for tax reasons do I have to give it out.

Alan
03-09-04, 10:48
lol yea but wouldnt they notice when they get 1mil ss numbers which are made of 69 :p

as far as i know....the UK doesnt have em...Wheeeeeeeeee

SiL ..:..
Err so what do you think your National Insurance number is then? Yeah true it's bang out of order for them too demand it though.

Alpha-Omega
03-09-04, 10:50
In the UK its called a National Insurance Number (or NIN) and i'm still not giving it out to Click2Pay. If KK wants my £10 a month they can provide an alternative that both I and my bank trust.

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 10:58
Isn't it time to stop whining, I mean c'mon:

What data is needed to perform the upgrade of an account to Neocron 2? Will it be possible to change things like address, payment data and payment plan?

We are only asking for a Neocron account and password during the upgrade. As the payments will be handled by the new payment provider Click2Pay, a registration on their site will be required (note that the click2pay account you will create when registering Neocron 2 will be different from the account you can create right now on the click2pay site). During the registration, the data mentioned above can be adjusted.

cRazy2003
03-09-04, 17:31
if i have to give out my SS number they can go and eat my fat one it aint happening.

Vampire222
03-09-04, 17:36
Why'd click2pay even ask for one? whyd kk even ask for one?

evs
03-09-04, 17:40
Still dont understand why they would need my national insurance number to play a game.

I have a mortgage, a bank account and a credit card.

Neither asked me for my NI card.

I imagine it's fairly easy to get hold of it anyway (if they asked my bank they'd probably give it out - natwest being crap n all that jazz)

But as a payment company - NI number is going a bit too far to be honest.

Vampire222
03-09-04, 17:43
We'll see how it works out, as it is now i can;t even us click2pay, coz its not available in my country yet. The probably want it to prevent Check bouncing, if your on a country that does have the priviledge of click2pay usage atm, feel free to mail them to ask

As a sidenote, check the advertising on that msn articles page...

Jonax
03-09-04, 17:47
TBH I doubt they'd have reason to ask UK customers for NI numbers - Note that a British citizen only gets an NI number around their 16th birthday, and as there's quite a few NC players under 16 (hell you can be 14 or 15, walk into Barclays, open a Young Person's Account and get a valid Visa DC number), it'll be hard for them to explain the need of that NI number ;)

The only number I ever give out is my Visa DC # and that's for subscription signups. Any others asked for usually gets alarm bells ringing.

cRazy2003
03-09-04, 17:49
TBH I doubt they'd have reason to ask UK customers for NI numbers - Note that a British citizen only gets an NI number around their 16th birthday, and as there's quite a few NC players under 16 (hell you can be 14 or 15, walk into Barclays, open a Young Person's Account and get a valid Visa DC number), it'll be hard for them to explain the need of that NI number ;)

The only number I ever give out is my Visa DC # and that's for subscription signups. Any others asked for usually gets alarm bells ringing.

i use the same card halifax gives to 12-16 year olds, the expresscash card, mines been updated now though since im over 16 to the second version with higher intrest etc, i use that for all subscriptions etc and use my credit cards for purchases and other stuff.

Dribble Joy
03-09-04, 17:56
I think in some other thread they said that you don't actually need your SSN, passport no. or anything else, but it might just be if you live in the UK.

hegemonic
03-09-04, 17:57
They can have my SS# if they want... here it is:
123-45-6789

That's as close to my SS# as those feckers are gettting.

Puh-lease...

The audacity.

KK, you need get a company that does NOT require or even ASK for a Social Security Number. My credit kicks ass and I'll be damned if I give carte blanche to a possible identity thief.

If this is the only way to be able to pay for and play NC2 for us Yanks, then WoW, here I come!

Spermy
03-09-04, 18:02
Ours is on our passport - and a few other official documents - I use it for ID, but it isn't tied into accounts - [edit - whoops!:] It works for bank registration and other accounts a form of ID and is valid for use in anything requiring ID - now why couldn't everyone else have an ID number rather than an SS number If they only need ID...

I wonder if there is some poor bastard out there with that number!

123-45-6789

The poor bastard must be ripped off on an almost daily basis!

Vampire222
03-09-04, 18:07
http://www.click2pay.com/en/help/index.html#A08

Dirty sobs, NEVER paying with them...

During your registration, CLICK2PAY validates all your personal entries and requests further information about your personal credit history from thirrd party agencies. In addition, CLICK2PAY uses a challenge & response model to instantly verify a consumer's identity and prevent fraud - especially identity theft - during the signup process.

Seven
03-09-04, 18:19
DICKS2PAY :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
03-09-04, 18:31
The Click2pay registration on the click2pay site differs from the registration which is included in the Neocron2 account creation. e.g. there you don't need a passport number in uk and I think there will be no phone callbacks.

[If you however choose to register at Click2pay now]
Disabling that check just for Neocron wouldn't be trivial [for Click2pay]and since we are doing debit on bank accounts it's important for us [KK]to have the identity confirmed. We [have] had problems with stolen credit card numbers in the past and that was a nasty thing. Click2pay is a subsidiary of Wire Card which has reference customers like sony, tiscali or qvc.

Click2pay do not store [SSN /SIN] information or even pass it to KK but just record that the tests have been passed sucessfully.

There.

Vampire222
03-09-04, 18:46
Thank you for contacting the CLICK2PAY Service Team.

1. Why is the Social Security number required for registration, what
measures are taken to prevent anything happening with it?

We use the SS# to conduct a back ground check,after which we erase from our systems.

2. When will you be offering service in the rest of europe?

As of Sept 1 we are open to the world with use of credit cards.

Seven
03-09-04, 18:47
"Click2pay do not store [SSN /SIN] information or even pass it to KK but just record that the tests have been passed sucessfully."

I read that too last night, but it doesn't make me feel any better.
What they say and do can be two very different things.
What if there's a glitch and a bunch of SS numbers get sent to who knows where.
I'm sure there are people at click2pay who do and can see the SS numbers. Are we just supposed to trust them too?

No matter how safe they say it is to give it to them because they don't store it and bla bla bla...
It's much safer if you don't have to type it into a webpage and give it to them in the first place.

Point is, they DON'T need a SS number to verify your credit.

Birkoff
03-09-04, 18:47
Welli guess OPEN beta will be fun :S

Till they find some1 that supports debit card and doesn't ask for your lfie history :)

hegemonic
03-09-04, 21:14
"Click2pay do not store [SSN /SIN] information or even pass it to KK but just record that the tests have been passed sucessfully."

I don't care what they intend to do with my SS#, because they have no right to know it.

__bigs__
SS# 696-69-1337

Seven
03-09-04, 21:19
I don't care what they intend to do with my SS#, because they have no right to know it.

__bigs__
SS# 696-69-1337

Heh, you quoted the quote I quoted thinking I'm for it? :D
Re-read my post or maybe you're just agreeing with me. :confused: