PDA

View Full Version : Server populations...

VerbalPEZ
03-09-04, 05:29
hmm... I logged on for the first time in a while... After seeing that the grand total of all the servers combined was... well... not enough. What should we expect the NC2 server pops to be? Its a month before release and I havent seen or heard a word about NC2... Is there anything being done to maybe coral some new players in?

Satocastix
03-09-04, 05:30
Some servers will be combined and operated on newer hardware. The Open Beta stage and hopefully final retail stage will definitely fetch some new players.

VerbalPEZ
03-09-04, 05:34
Oh yes... there is a beta going on which I am sure has pulled some of the population...

btw... when does 'open' beta start and if it has start how do I get in?

Dribble Joy
03-09-04, 05:34
It starts on Monday.

Nvidia
03-09-04, 05:35
Open beta starts on the 6th of September. That would be this-coming Monday. It's gonna be a lot of fun, I think. :)

DJ Beat me :( :p

VerbalPEZ
03-09-04, 05:46
the server population still concerns me. The lack of visible marketing effort concerns me as well... I really want to see this game make a come back.

Just for comparison without mentioning what game... The merlin server averages 3000 people on at a time (not total subscribers for that server). And there are around 15 or so servers in that game. I am certainly not saying we need servers to be that crouded but I would love to see $10x3Kx10 development dollars going towards new content, new hardware, new carnage ;)

Psycho_Soldier
03-09-04, 05:48
Check this thread... I doubt after you read it you will still be concerned..
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=109286

garyu69
03-09-04, 11:55
Server populations are going to be even worse next week :(

ezza
03-09-04, 12:11
a number of people are inactive atm waiting for NC2 as nothings really happening i NC to make it work logging inunless you need to level or whatever

Server populations are going to be even worse next week what you mean there will only be 1 person on pluto rather than 2 :eek:

garyu69
03-09-04, 12:28
what you mean there will only be 1 person on pluto rather than 2 :eek:Make sure you call yourself ezza in Beta, i want to come kill you :D

ezza
03-09-04, 12:29
Make sure you call yourself ezza in Beta, i want to come kill you :D
sry have to wait for Nc2 real, wont be in beta

garyu69
03-09-04, 12:31
sry have to wait for Nc2 real, wont be in beta
I can wait, us plutonians are good are being patient.

ezza
03-09-04, 12:35
plus your all crazy from talking to yourselves :D

alig
03-09-04, 12:39
Oh yes... there is a beta going on which I am sure has pulled some of the population...

btw... when does 'open' beta start and if it has start how do I get in?

There is 600 ppl been accepted for closed beta (i think) and im sure that all of them are playing DoY so i guess alot of there.

Still i havent seen any advertising for this game yet.

Spermy
03-09-04, 14:08
I have a bad feeling that if NC2 became oversubscribed - we'd have all the asshats joining in - and it'll turn into planetside... a mass gank fest...

I R SCARED :(

ezza
03-09-04, 14:09
I R SCARED :(stay in your HQ and you will be ok :p

Patso
03-09-04, 14:14
Hopefully we will see lots of people on the forums complaining about the high populations...

'Why can't I level like I used to...' etc etc 'I used to come here all the time without any fear of being killed...', 'You can't go anywhere without being attacked..'

I can see it now (well here's hoping for a population of over 500 on the International server)

I'm just hoping I can travel to any location via hacknet....