PDA

View Full Version : [OT] What Music Do You Jam While Playing?

FatDogg
03-09-04, 02:09
It is pretty simple... When playing what do you music is going in the background? I play mostly death metal in the background, but I also jam techno while PvPing, anyway... I just wanna see what the community likes!!!

sanityislost
03-09-04, 02:11
teh spice girlyz!!!!!!!11

SiL ..:..

Glok
03-09-04, 02:11
I play. um.. the Neocron music.

FatDogg
03-09-04, 02:19
I play. um.. the Neocron music.

Damn I forgot to include that
http://www.freakmachines.net/~chekerhead/Owned.jpg

Is there a way to change the poll....

Drake6k
03-09-04, 02:26
Mostly EBM and Industrial bands like Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy, Nitzer Ebb, Funker Vogt, Wumpscut, exc.

Some "Industrial Metal" like Rammstein, Gravity Kills, KMFDM, and Nine Inch Nails.

Also I'm getting a liking for Nightwish.

cRazy2003
03-09-04, 02:29
Damn I forgot to include that
http://www.freakmachines.net/~chekerhead/Owned.jpg

Is there a way to change the poll....

hahahahahaha mint

FatDogg
03-09-04, 02:52
Mostly EBM and Industrial bands like Front 242, Front Line Assembly, Skinny Puppy, Nitzer Ebb, Funker Vogt, Wumpscut, exc.

Some "Industrial Metal" like Rammstein, Gravity Kills, KMFDM, and Nine Inch Nails.

Also I'm getting a liking for Nightwish.

I play alot of industrial as well, forgot about that (hence the 3 different metals)

hahahahahaha mint
you like that? its a shot from a concert I was at, I'm the guy with the mutton chops, this fuck tore my shirt...

NS_CHROME54
03-09-04, 03:56
Death Metal, Black Metal, Speed Metal, anything metal...

and Stevie Ray Vaughan. because he owns.

FatDogg
03-09-04, 04:09
stevie is quite good, do you michael angelo, vai, satriani or any of those guys?

Dirk_Gently
03-09-04, 04:44
I often play Louis Armstrong. Sometimes Bob Marley, a little Ray Charles or some Cab Calloway.

I like to keep things mellow. Peace to y'all.

NS_CHROME54
03-09-04, 05:55
i actually haven't heard michael angelo, but i love steve vai, joe satriani, yngwie malmsteen, paul gilbert, etc...

plus i play guitar, styles ranging from speed metal to slow jazz (tho i prefer the former)

SorkZmok
03-09-04, 06:06
I never listen to music when i play NC. I got ventrilo instead with a mate singing numa numa yey all the time. And i hate him for that.

Right now im listening to P.W. Longs Reelfoot - Jelly.

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 10:54
- Aphex Twin
- Skinny Puppy
- Type O
- Fixmer/McCarthy
- And One
- Assemblage 23
- S.V.D
- Front 242
- Front Line Assembly
- Funker Vogt
- Conjure One
- Devision
- Escape With Romeo Mesh
- Theatre of Tragedy
- Juno Reactor
- KoRn
- Leonard Cohen
- Rob Zombie
- Primus
- Prodigy
- Riddle
- Smashing Pumpkins
- Nine Inch Nails
- Tom Waits
- Welle:Erdball
- VnV Nation
- Zeromancer
- A Perfect Circle
- Laibach
- Tool
- Tori Amos
- Insane Clown Posse

That's what I have for Neo, all sweet and moody,
although I got a little problem playing with NIN after excessive hours and weeks with EQ...

$tormbringer
03-09-04, 11:02
black/goth metal :O

but i rarely hear music when playing nc... most of the time there r some gay ppl yelling in ts -_-

a b s t r x
03-09-04, 11:07
is it possible to ban the people who vote for r'n'b? personally i think that if you click on that, even as a joke, you deserve some horribly infectious and crippling disease.

Glok
03-09-04, 11:24
is it possible to ban the people who vote for r'n'b? personally i think that if you click on that, even as a joke, you deserve some horribly infectious and crippling disease.AHA! Now I can vote. :D

Jesterthegreat
03-09-04, 11:44
stonz0r r0x0r?

:edit: for real people thats stoner rock :p

alig
03-09-04, 12:15
I listen to Winamp radio (5.0)

Channel DIGITALLY-IMPORTED - Hard House, Techno, UK Hard House. Plays phat tunes 24/7. :D

Akuji
03-09-04, 12:18
is it possible to ban the people who vote for r'n'b? personally i think that if you click on that, even as a joke, you deserve some horribly infectious and crippling disease.

:rolleyes:

If only.

SynC_187
03-09-04, 12:20
I listen to Winamp radio (5.0)

Channel DIGITALLY-IMPORTED - Hard House, Techno, UK Hard House. Plays phat tunes 24/7. :D

Sexeh!!

Me too.

Got the decks next to the PC, so usually spin a few white labels I get in the mail. Half of them are crap, so don't want to just sit and listen to them.

ezza
03-09-04, 12:24
normally if i got music on while playing its stuff like early metallica/megadeth

also had Ministry's new album on a fair bit recently

Xylaz
03-09-04, 12:33
normally if i got music on while playing its stuff like early metallica/megadeth

also had Ministry's new album on a fair bit recently

metal freak... :lol:

as a ppu i like something more dynamic, like rammstein, marylin manson, rob zombie, system of a down, korn, samael, tiamat (you need a good beat with the buff timing :p )
other than that, i just listen to whatever i got in the cd atm, though i still prefer some not-so-sublime music for the fight: therion, nightwish, sisters of mercy, bathory - things like that.

Spermy
03-09-04, 13:25
A peek in my warez folder... And my MP3 collection... too many screenies to take but You get the picture - I do it all.... Even ENYA!!!

Tried to put screenies but no joy... suffice to say - about 18 gigs of music on there.

Opar
03-09-04, 17:07
Jazz.....

zii
03-09-04, 17:16
Klingon Opera.

Lethys
03-09-04, 17:30
Right now, nothing but The Dillinger Escape Plan. Best band at Reading Festival by a long, long way. Shame the vocalist didn't take a dump on stage like last time they played :rolleyes:

Other bands I listen to include The Bled, Converge, Alexisonfire, Coheed And Cambria, Glassjaw, Thrice, Thursday, Cave In etc.

edit: 666 posts \m/

FatDogg
03-09-04, 20:21
Klingon Opera.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I just shit my pants.... oh god I'm a nerd... :D

Right now, nothing but The Dillinger Escape Plan. Best band at Reading Festival by a long, long way. Shame the vocalist didn't take a dump on stage like last time they played

Other bands I listen to include The Bled, Converge, Alexisonfire, Coheed And Cambria, Glassjaw, Thrice, Thursday, Cave In etc.
Yeah, I remember when I listened to hardcore.... In my opinion its taken a turn for the worse. Hatebreed was fairly decent, but now everybody drops C uses all power chords, and people forget that hardcore came from hardcore punk.... Now it seems as though these bands are trying to use metal breakdowns with a constant series of pop-punk fills. Rather disenchanting after old school thrashy ass bands like corosion of conformity set up the gritty roots of the music. There seems to be very little originality left in most of these bands, don't get mem wrong there is some decent bands like dillinger and between the buried and me, and the whole scene has gone to the shit house with all the emo kids... I think hardcore has come along way, but in doing so it has lost most of its musical aspects and apeal. Most hardcore bands aren't even technical (which is what they are going for), they are simply noisey. Give me some Martyr or Atheist, some of the fusion heavy technical progressive bands, I think they represent alot of what the hardcore scene would like to be doing (although in a different light).

Mumblyfish
03-09-04, 20:30
OCRemix...

:(

DrekHead
03-09-04, 22:10
Rammstein - the requisite metal/industrial band. Hard to find a BAD rammstein song.
Cake - CAKE ROCKS!
Apocalyptica - Excellent Classical/Metal. Download Apocalyptics rendition of Hall of the Mountain King. You will love it.
N*E*R*D*- just fast good beats
Static-X - good for Neocron
Kompressor - Lock the door
Rush - Tom sawyer is the best song ever
Spineshank - are good
Funker Vogt - Owns Techno best chance of finding any beats by Funker is on one of myriad techno radio stations on winamp.
Best Fight Song - O Forutna by Carmina Burana You'll know what it is when you hear it.
Publiuc Enemy - FUCK THE POLICE!

AND LOTS OF OTHER GARBAGE!

minsc
04-09-04, 04:31
well i say rap, but only 2 live crew. but i cant really listen to music while play any game online because it makes tons of lag! 24k all the way! :lol:

SorkZmok
04-09-04, 04:51
Best Fight Song - O Forutna by Carmina Burana You'll know what it is when you hear it. Get Botch - O Fortuna
GREAT cover, i think you'll like it. :)

FatDogg
04-09-04, 21:01
If I put mp3's in the directory in neocron will it play in game or will it only play the stuff thats already there? I get some lag on occasion too when I'm using winamp and just realized this directory was here...

Spermy
04-09-04, 21:23
I'm not sure - I think it cycles through all files in there, but in some games, it plays specific file names....

Whack em in and give it a go - I don't think you'll have any control over when or what order they're played in tho...

DrekHead
04-09-04, 22:02
just take out the real music files and name your preferred music with the same names as the original music. Insert and enjoy

FatDogg
05-09-04, 04:01
just take out the real music files and name your preferred music with the same names as the original music. Insert and enjoy

So I'd have to name it the same thing?