PDA

View Full Version : lower drug prices

cRazy2003
02-09-04, 23:33
with the money wipe, and as i expect all forms of making money fast taken away like APC selling, how can we afford drugs?

i rely on shelter a lot and while fighting/messing around in PP, i might go through 3/4 drugs at 10 mins each, thats nearly 40k, i still dont know how money is going to work but im pritty confident i wont be able to afford what i could in NC1, so how about lowering the price to what it was or near to before it changed?

Eddie
02-09-04, 23:37
with the money wipe, and as i expect all forms of making money fast taken away like APC selling, how can we afford drugs?

i rely on shelter a lot and while fighting/messing around in PP, i might go through 3/4 drugs at 10 mins each, thats nearly 40k, i still dont know how money is going to work but im pritty confident i wont be able to afford what i could in NC1, so how about lowering the price to what it was or near to before it changed?

Drugs are meant to be illegal, and so you shouldn't be able to get your hands on them easily, money-wise as well as availability.

And if you were desparate, don't forget you can clone and construct them too.
(Although everything might change soon.. only a few days to find out =D)

Eddie

Benjie
02-09-04, 23:37
You can't alter prices because of the cash wipe, you need to determin prices based on the eventual economy you want to establish.

cRazy2003
02-09-04, 23:41
You can't alter prices because of the cash wipe, you need to determin prices based on the eventual economy you want to establish.

its pritty obvious most got money from tricks like APC selling and long periods of time, but to save up 100k to spend on drugs alone without any such things and only money from selling items and from killing mobs, pvp fighting will be very hard until i can at least afford one or two, it means no more PP messing around for me :(

SorkZmok
03-09-04, 00:04
Research and construct em.

Awesome way to make money as a noob btw.

Prices are fine. And i say this playing a spy who is on 3 drugs permanently.

Shadow Dancer
03-09-04, 00:06

Just curious, what are the chemicals used to create drugs? Which ones do you use and which chems do they take?

cRazy2003
03-09-04, 00:07

but i dont have a tradeskiller :<
well we'll see when nc2 comes out anyways, does anyone know why drug prices got raised which isnt stupid RP reasons?

Freaky Fryd
03-09-04, 00:16
If you think illegal substances should be used in silly skirmishes, instead of OP fights or other serious combat, then you must pay the price...

(sounds like a good roleplay reason to me :D)

ezza
03-09-04, 00:16
pissed me off the money wipe a bit cos id been trading in drugs the week or so earlier, all that hawking of illicit substances was starting to pay off big time, and they throw it in my face damn them!!!

edit: presuming you aint got a barterer and just res and cons yourself, it cost around 100k to make 100k(err so thats 1 k a drug) i would normally sell them for around 300k-500k for the 100, was pretty good business, im hoping to resume that business again in NC2

so i was selling 11k drugs for 3-5 k, good for my customers good for my bank balance

Geth
03-09-04, 00:19
Just curious, what are the chemicals used to create drugs? Which ones do you use and which chems do they take?

I can't give you a specific recipies for drugs, but I know that they use PP medical substances. You can buy the substances in stores, but like other parts, you need to find or construct the higher level medical substances. The medical substances can also be made from direct chemicals, but I only tried that once and it was a long time ago.

the easiest method I have found is to buy a single dose of the drug and just clone it with the recycle tool. The exchange rate is very hard for level 4 drugs, a process window full of good recyclable parts for Warbots will only clone out to about 1 or 2 new drugs. Though in a night of rare hunting you can eventually make quite a few, seeing how much "junk" you get instead of rare parts.

Shadow Dancer
03-09-04, 00:20
Level 4? Isn't redflash level 3? What about whiteflash? What "level" is that?

ezza
03-09-04, 00:20
err i made the drugs from the chemicals :wtf:

level 4 drugs take 2 chems to make one drug

and if anyone rumbles in on my drug selling business inNC2 theres gonna be trouble :mad:

Glok
03-09-04, 00:24
*provokes ezza* :D

Is your trader alt called 'Hases conster' by any chance? That was the only dude on Saturn I always saw selling drugs...

Shadow Dancer
03-09-04, 00:26
If you sell drugs in NC2 Ezza, I'll definitely be your best customer. :angel:

SorkZmok
03-09-04, 00:27
Just curious, what are the chemicals used to create drugs? Which ones do you use and which chems do they take?All lvl 3 drugs need the same chemical. And just 1 of it. Its about 1000 credits at crytons.

Dunno about NC2 though.

ezza
03-09-04, 00:28
no glok it aint, and im not making any atm anyway.

lol well im sure ill be up and running with the drugs as soon as i can.

my tanky has a little problem of running around on beast xstrong and that other one to get his PA4 on :D

Glok
03-09-04, 00:31
Well my trader never bothered making drugs. I levelled in aggies and then went straight to the PPU modules that are so popular. I have a few 5 slot holy ppu things to trade/sell in NC2 in my QB. :)

Geth
03-09-04, 00:39
All lvl 3 drugs need the same chemical. And just 1 of it. Its about 1000 credits at crytons.

Dunno about NC2 though.

Doh! I guess they do just use chemicals. Either way I just recycle for my drug fix. Oh and don't worry ezza, I'll never make enough redflash or bluefairy for me too sell to other people..there all mine... mine...

seraphian
03-09-04, 04:17

discussion of illegal activity.
thread closed.

:p

amfest
03-09-04, 05:03
discussion of illegal activity.
thread closed.

:plolol

Anyhow I wish the drug selling NPCs were in totally hidden places . ..or hell out in the wastes and randomly appeared and disappeared in different locations.

Also in cities the real illegal drugs should really be illegal ..if you walk by a guard they should open fire on you if you have some on you. I think it'd be lame if you can sell illegal drugs in your personal store in city or that you can be standing right next to a guard and doing illegal activity. Except for blackdragon I think every guard should warn or some even straight out open fire.

Prices shoudl remain the same

SorkZmok
03-09-04, 05:21
lolol

Anyhow I wish the drug selling NPCs were in totally hidden places . ..or hell out in the wastes and randomly appeared and disappeared in different locations.

Also in cities the real illegal drugs should really be illegal ..if you walk by a guard they should open fire on you if you have some on you. I think it'd be lame if you can sell illegal drugs in your personal store in city or that you can be standing right next to a guard and doing illegal activity. Except for blackdragon I think every guard should warn or some even straight out open fire.

Prices shoudl remain the sameWould be a nice idea. but you cant do it anymore as drugs are used be nearly everyone. I havent got a char left who hasnt got drugs on him.
You cant take em away from people now.

Shadow Dancer
03-09-04, 05:27
omg Amfest great idea. I mean about the smugglers randomly disappearing and appearing elsewhere.

seraphian
03-09-04, 06:08
lolol

Prices shoudl remain the same

reminds me of Pulp Fiction: "Legal to sell... legal to own... but it doesn't matter, because if a cop stops you he CANNOT search you! That's one right he ABSOLUTELY doesn't have!"

on a more serious note, keep drug prices as they are, give us constructors a reason to exist...

Original monk
03-09-04, 08:53
and if anyone rumbles in on my drug selling business inNC2 theres gonna be trouble :mad:

i see potential problems arising in neocron2 :P

i even suggest make the drugs a liitlebit more expensive :) so we get some real drugwars in NC2 ... with the moneywipe 10k/pop may be nice indeed :) dunno how fast people gonna create money, i bet its fast tough :)

cant make em too expensive tough because otherwise no-one wonna use em nomore :/

+ make drugs addicting after a while :P

winnoc
03-09-04, 09:03
I'll go 50k below ezza's price for a batch of 100 :D

-=BlackBeard=-
03-09-04, 09:04
its pritty obvious most got money from tricks like APC selling and long periods of time, but to save up 100k to spend on drugs alone without any such things and only money from selling items and from killing mobs, pvp fighting will be very hard until i can at least afford one or two, it means no more PP messing around for me :(

so wats stopping u gettin a resser and a cster and getting them built with trisol :wtf:

or wait wud that take effort?

garyu69
03-09-04, 10:21
I might start up my filthy drug dealing again then.

amfest
03-09-04, 11:12
Would be a nice idea. but you cant do it anymore as drugs are used be nearly everyone. I havent got a char left who hasnt got drugs on him.
You cant take em away from people now.
But you see you're not taking them away. You just make it sorta difficult to keep the high end drugs going through your veins like water unless you work for it. Also you'd have to think before you use. Do I need this extra edge to defeat this person or not? The only people I would think that would suffer are the PE who try and use very high level weapons and can't use them unless they drug or people who need it to achieve a high level weapon or suit without enough levels or imps. Which doesn't bother me if it makes it difficult for them. Using illegal drugs should be a "REAL" chore ;) but it can give you a good needed edge if used in the right situations. But to use it everyday like an addict will soon find yourself like a real crack addict these days selling off everything you have and staying poor just to support your addicition :D.

@ Shadow Dancer

Any random roaming NPCs in neocron would be awesome. Random walking NPCs in city would rule also. Especially if they react to hostiles by either running, hiding or attacking ;)

ezza
03-09-04, 11:59
I might start up my filthy drug dealing again then.
kos tbh filthy FA scum

I'll go 50k below ezza's price for a batch of 100

kos tbh filthy CM scum

[TgR]KILLER
03-09-04, 12:10
kos tbh filthy FA scum

you know.. we'll be fighting on the same side of the fence afaik ;)

and @ crazy.. drugs prices were put higher in an attemt to get the economics back into place.. but they are to fucked to save imho :) esp with all h4xes lol..

ezza
03-09-04, 12:14
dont make me kos you as well mr Killer

and were talking drugs here, aint noone gonna step on my business and get away with it.

Xylaz
03-09-04, 12:23
as for SD's question:
+4 drugs require strastin only (cost: 500nc, no gel needed)
+5 drugs require trisol only (cost: 1000nc, gel needed)

garyu69
03-09-04, 12:29
kos tbh filthy FA scumAny drugs from FA labs are going to be much better than anything mixed on your scummy BD streets. :p

ezza
03-09-04, 12:31
Any drugs from FA labs are going to be much better than anything mixed on your scummy BD streets. :p
ive just loaded a CS clip with yo name on it biatch :mad:

Black Dragon: resorting to violence when insults wont come :D

oh and ya im returning to BD for NC2

Original monk
03-09-04, 14:37
Any drugs from FA labs are going to be much better than anything mixed on your scummy BD streets. :p

but when ya go get it at BD ya dont need a prescription like with every paracetamol ya get from the FA labs :)

winnoc
03-09-04, 15:26
I had my Constructor salvage anything down to chem level.
I mean i would pick up junk from all over, broken armors, stuff at gab, then down to chem level and in cabinet.

Nice way of stocking up on chems when you need them for drugs.

Too bad i lomed out his 143 recycle so i could level up with pistols.

Lareolan
03-09-04, 15:56

This is what I dislike about old timers. Many of them are capped and bored and totally forgot how to make money without exploits. Well, let me educate you, you have to EARN money to spend it on fun things, you know like a job. Wether you do it through missions or through hnting mobs and selling loot to stores or other people. I'm so sick and tired of seeing /60+ runners complaining that they have no money.

Clownst0pper
03-09-04, 16:09
This is what I dislike about old timers. Many of them are capped and bored and totally forgot how to make money without exploits. Well, let me educate you, you have to EARN money to spend it on fun things, you know like a job. Wether you do it through missions or through hnting mobs and selling loot to stores or other people. I'm so sick and tired of seeing /60+ runners complaining that they have no money.

LOL this is true, although dont accuse people of exploiting just because there high players.

As for reducing the drug cost, get a barter, or get them constructed.

Makes them stupidly cheap.

Lareolan
03-09-04, 16:31
LOL this is true, although dont accuse people of exploiting just because there high players.

As for reducing the drug cost, get a barter, or get them constructed.

Makes them stupidly cheap.

I'm not acusing them of exploiting because they're high. I'm acusing them because they're high and poor but with very expensive habits. Which means they were rich at one point and they never learned to work for their money :P

Deductive reasoning tells me they probably were among the cash cube exploiters or other exploits back before they got killed off, and since then they wasted all their money and want to keep wasting money they do not have without doing any work.

Makes me laugh when someone runs up to my poker for an MC5 poke, but can only afford 1k tip or something minute like that. I mean, killing the damn comander alone you would get more money than that! Not to mention getting and selling loot off mobs, or selling rare parts or whatever.

Clownst0pper
03-09-04, 16:34
Deductive reasoning tells me they probably were among the cash cube exploiters or other exploits back before they got killed off, and since then they wasted all their money and want to keep wasting money they do not have without doing any work.

Actually, I have 5 capped characters, and they were all stupidly poor.

Why? Because I have no need to XP or go to any locations which give me money.

So over time, the money I previously had will filter away on armour, ammo, drugs, trade, until I have none left.

So no, your deducting, is wrong.

Original monk
03-09-04, 19:47
I'm not acusing them of exploiting because they're high. I'm acusing them because they're high and poor but with very expensive habits. Which means they were rich at one point and they never learned to work for their money :P

Makes me laugh when someone runs up to my poker for an MC5 poke, but can only afford 1k tip or something minute like that. I mean, killing the damn comander alone you would get more money than that! Not to mention getting and selling loot off mobs, or selling rare parts or whatever.

you win THE first price !! (2 bad i cant post the picture cause it gets removed in a sec)

this is about the biggest nonsense i read here in a long time excluding my own posts hehe

nah wtf ya talking about lol ?

something about exploiting cause youre high ? OK, first of all im high also but thats another point not involving this thread .. second is i have some decent equipped chars on diffrent servers here and guess what ? i dont exploit ...

same as with powertraining ... why go the softies way and use steroids when ya can go natural and have triple the fun ? ... exploiting is like lying to yourself ya see ..

that said i also wanted to mention that i have no expensive habits at all due to multiple tradechars fulfilling the needs of my combatchars spread over 2 years ...

you read that ? -> this means that everything i posses is traded and "worked" for every penny ... wich ffcourse is or was pretty timeconsuming to put it simple (warbots, firemobs, commanders, poisonmobs, piercemobs, xraymobs, flying mobs: untill ya PUKE of em, trading hours, days, weeks and for some even a year or longer ... 99% of the time extremely fun tough 1% youre biggest nightmare, as soon as the commanderplasma starts flying around you in youre dreams at night and keeps sounding in youre ears at day ya better take a brake)

lareolan youre taking the easy way out to accuse people playing this game longer then you do ...

i dont know who youre talking about because youre post is made up with thin air .. pretty vaguely to say at least

i prefer not to get started about youre "deductive reasoning", cause the onlything that made sence in that paragraph where these 2 words ...

before i forget i wanted to tell ya that i think its uncool that you receive 1K tips for poking an mc5chip .. tradeskillers are the base of neocron .. but still i think you get tipped enough in general with poking mc5's, this is what i noticed on my own poker, many people are glad that after some (alot of) waiting someone finally pokes em and 9 outta 10 they will show you that gratitude in the form of cash :)

deductive reasoning hehe (http://www.greetinggrams.com/deductivereasoning.htm)

Shadow Dancer
03-09-04, 19:51
as for SD's question:
+4 drugs require strastin only (cost: 500nc, no gel needed)
+5 drugs require trisol only (cost: 1000nc, gel needed)

Awesome. Thnx man.

Viper Venom
03-09-04, 21:08
sorry only read the first few messages but,

the drug price increase is to enhance trade amonks players.

since most drugs are dam cheap to bp and produce (and i mean realy cheap) ur suposed to get one and have it blue printed and made by a player like any other gun. ime sure suimbody in the player shops will sell u em cheap (if there alowed to sell drugs openly in player shops)

Freaky Fryd
04-09-04, 00:20
Not only that Viper - but it encourages use of the Recycling skill too.

[TgR]KILLER
04-09-04, 01:17

you meen TH labs.. and there won't be no TH (FA) labs.. the BD will roam the same streets as us.

tho i gues the PP / BD operation gonna die out with BD leaving NC city. maybe time for FA to work together with BD and use our technology to make better drugs..

what ya say ezza ? ;)