PDA

View Full Version : what is that attachment in slades closed thread

joran420
02-09-04, 01:14
of the fire shelter thing O.o thats sickness....his thread got closed....

not sure why

The RPOS and the thing on top is prolly a third party program

[edit] here is teh attachment
http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=4547

enigma_b17
02-09-04, 01:18
dunno but thisll get closed aswell ill bet ya :/

bubby
02-09-04, 01:20
dunno but thisll get closed aswell ill bet ya :/
a fire shield? i saw the pic but dont have any clue.

joran420
02-09-04, 01:20
naw i dont think so....as the original thread wasnt bad....just nid thought he needed to organise his thoughts before posting

Nidhogg
02-09-04, 01:21
It was closed because it was a rant with no substance other than a screenshot that could be anything. He didn't even post a link to the thread he was ranting about. ;)

If you can gather the facts and post them rationally then this thread can stay open.

N

enigma_b17
02-09-04, 01:22
on another thought if u take out a fire apoc/holy firestorm and some1 gets caught in sync and turns around really quickly it might cause that, but i dont know how this person saw it :S

bubby
02-09-04, 01:22
naw i dont think so....as the original thread wasnt bad....just nid thought he needed to organise his thoughts before posting
I saw the post, said on german server. Did you see the picture, nice graphic of a cloak of fire around a monk and the words on rpos are in german.

New weapons or ppu spells?

Sakletare
02-09-04, 01:24
Looks like someone spinning around while casting a spell, probably a rare. I'm no good at APU spells.

Nidhogg
You know what it looks like to me? When you get stuck in sync and your swirly leaves trails when you move your head around. Nothing to see here. Certainly nothing to rant about.

N

/edit - I guess I got pipped to the post a little.

joran420
i wish i knew which thread that attachment came from

Mumblyfish
02-09-04, 01:26
You know what it looks like to me? When you get stuck in sync and your swirly leaves trails when you move your head around. Nothing to see here. Certainly nothing to rant about.

N
Got it in one. The person who took the photo is that person in question, using third-person camera. He also has a Fire Apoc pulled (look at the QB), and you can tell he's stuck in synch because his chest is twisted in a funny direction, and his leg's off at a stupid angle.

Like the man said, nothing to see here :lol:

james_finn
02-09-04, 01:37
Lol..... i love these threads...... lets all say that the germans have something better than us, I know the germans dont play NC one never have, they've been playing NC2 all this time lol. Other than venus (which has small changes) theres nothing different between the servers!

Delphi

joran420
02-09-04, 01:43
ROFL well that answers it....still looks freakin awsome though

SorkZmok
02-09-04, 03:39
Lol..... i love these threads...... lets all say that the germans have something better than us, I know the germans dont play NC one never have, they've been playing NC2 all this time lol. Other than venus (which has small changes) theres nothing different between the servers!

DelphiIts on uranus. Thats not a german server anyway. Well it nearly is, but hey thats another story. :(

And that definately is a guy stuck in synch with a fire apoc out, the swirly get stuck then. I got some pretty funny pics of me on my slasher pistol spy like that.

amfest
02-09-04, 04:04
He also appeared to be noting the RPOS saying the germans have something we don't.

I do recall the germans have their own team that created a program like neolauncher pro or whatever. I can only assume it's from that and nothing else.

And as said . .there are all sorts of funky graphical errors that happen from time to time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to click the screenshot key ;)

SorkZmok
02-09-04, 04:10
Tghe rpos is from the neo launcher pro. The colors are selfmade. That "rarelist" and "options" on the top is some tool to organize rareparts. Dunno about it, its somthing exclusive to the germans! onoz! its just some crap tool that was posted on the german forums.

Here you go (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=105859&highlight=rare+logger)

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 09:26
It was late and I was tired,
sorry for the confusing thread I started
However I must say there's more to hit..
First of all, someone translate that rare logger,
we'd need one.Second, check this
http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1559755
and tell me the Germans doesn't get a crapload of fun stuff
which we doesn't,
the main point of the former thread was to point out how
left outside in the cold I feel when watching the screens and not
" Those were the days.." which I should if everything had been in order..

Original monk
02-09-04, 09:31
1 moment i thought these where ivory's hybridspells described in the testserverforum :)

then i noticed the weird position the persons in :)

this happend alot with me on my ppu, with a para, in blue

but with a FA i never saw it before and it really seems like a fireshelter :)

extremely cool, i want that spell :P

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 09:42
Also when looking at it,
I can say for a fact that some screens including the rare thingy and the optiions thingy, are from saturn,
so I ask, why do some people get some stuff just because they're from a certain country?
[ edited ]
(opinion created with the "no 3rd party programs" in mind and the fact that a logger like that, which seems rather powerfull, very much indeed is a 3rd party program..

Sigma
02-09-04, 10:00
OMFG WATCH OUT!!1

ZE GERMANZ R GOING TO KICK U FROM THERE SERVR WIT THER UBAR §RD PARTYPROGRAMS!!111

Seriously... :wtf:

Mighty Max
02-09-04, 10:14
Also when looking at it,
I can say for a fact that some screens including the rare thingy and the optiions thingy, are from saturn,
so I ask, why do some people get some stuff just because they're from a certain country?
[ edited ]
(opinion created with the "no 3rd party programs" in mind and the fact that a logger like that, which seems rather powerfull, very much indeed is a 3rd party program..

Because the author is german, and maybe not that good in english, like you are not good in german ?

As well as NLP was original posted in the english forum by bram tops. And is still free available.

*shrugs* Conspiracy!

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 11:15
That wan't really the point.
Thing is that it is a 3rd party program, that we know,
and with this it has to be approved by KK, we know that too,
however shouldn't everyone be able to use the same programs in the end?
Or would you like to see me make up an in-game rare lister that checks all rares you get researched and as long as it's in one of your apts, the gogo or in your inv, it's registered into the list and checks where it is and gives you a full list of what you have and where
(imagine having +3000 techs and not having to sort them)
then I add a voice-over only system to use it so you'd need to speak fluent Swedish to use it. That sounds good to anyone here?

Genty
02-09-04, 12:39
Or would you like to see me make up an in-game rare lister that checks all rares you get researched and as long as it's in one of your apts, the gogo or in your inv, it's registered into the list and checks where it is and gives you a full list of what you have and where
then I add a voice-over only system to use it so you'd need to speak fluent Swedish to use it. That sounds good to anyone here?

If someone puts their own effort into a 3rd party program and it is approved by KK they can distribute it to whoever they want. No-one, Someone, Everyone.

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 12:42
If someone puts their own effort into a 3rd party program and it is approved by KK they can distribute it to whoever they want. No-one, Someone, Everyone.
Well I'll get right at the voice-over then

Genty
02-09-04, 13:05
Well I'll get right at the voice-over then

Ok, go for it.

Mumblyfish
02-09-04, 17:11
So... what you're SAYING is if someone doesn't speak English, or can't make a program in English, they shouldn't be allowed to do anything? Newsflash - You are losing. Whining because people in the German community are doing things? OH NO!

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 17:14
That was so far out that I ain't even gonna be arsed to answer

Mighty Max
02-09-04, 19:51
That was so far out that I ain't even gonna be arsed to answer

Nope he hit the nail on the head.What he said is exactly the way you sound here.

joran420
02-09-04, 19:56
you can DL and install the program too richard :) dunno if it will be in english though

steweygrrr
02-09-04, 20:02
Well I know the person in the screenie. I also know for a fact that he is german, hence the german RPOS info (having seen his screenies beforehand, I know he prefers his german HUD) even though it is on Uranus. Looks to me like he got stuck in synch and played Paint-o-cron with his swirly.

engl
02-09-04, 20:05

N

/edit - I guess I got pipped to the post a little.

agree

ezza
02-09-04, 23:26
of the fire shelter thing O.o thats sickness....his thread got closed....

not sure why

The RPOS and the thing on top is prolly a third party program

[edit] here is teh attachment
http://neocron.jafc.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=4547
onoz its the monk Fire shield of doom

heres the tank plasma version :D

http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/shot0103104.jpg

cRazy2003
03-09-04, 00:13
i know how it might of been done but how exactly did they manage that ?

Shadow Dancer
03-09-04, 00:14
That looks cool actually. Should be a hybrid spell.

ezza
03-09-04, 00:14
well normally you just get stuck in sync with your weapon out and start swirling about eventually you end up with a nice colourd pattern around you avatar

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 00:21
To not get stuck:
anyone care to explain this
http://www.empiresofevil.de/shots/misc-zielcomputer.jpg
?
http://forum.neocron.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4537
and that?

ezza
03-09-04, 00:22
both are graphicall fuck ups, ive had the first myself

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 00:24
I don't care what kinda fuckup the second it, it should be added ingame!!!

Revslad
03-09-04, 00:38

how'd u get that picceh of meh tank ?? lol neways its meh ;)

ezza
03-09-04, 01:44
you posted it long time ago, i just saved it and well re posted it :p

Promethius
03-09-04, 01:58

hmm about 500 HP, OMG I'm stealing UR CON!!!

Richard Slade
03-09-04, 02:02
o_O
I got that on my monk... without MOVEON...

Revslad
03-09-04, 02:27

yup yup old skool setup on a very old char :)