PDA

View Full Version : Special Neocronicle

Callash
01-09-04, 23:33
Since our old Homepage is down, here are two Neocronicle Articles as simple forum posts.

--

One had heard of the more or less greater disagreements between the Dome of York and the Twilight Guardian even in the city but that this would have such consequences, that had probably no one expected. The head of the espionage department of the City Administration, Mitchel Bordan, told me in a short interview what he had got knowledge of:

“Our best men had already long ago been able to leak the information that the Dome of York planned something bigger to the City Administation. We discovered that many new scientists, experts and others were employed in the Dome of York already quite a time ago!”

He took a deep breath and continued.

“One of the scientists was very cooperative after these events and told us that the Dome of York has already been working on a bomb on the basis of the neutron emitter technology for a long time.
It seems the calculated destructivness of the bomb surpasses the one of an old, conventional nuclear bomb by a multiple.
Shortly after, the team had already succeeded in building a prototype of this bomb.
Because of the grave disagreements and the increasingly more claiming demands of the Twilight Guardian on the negotiators of the Dome of York, it was decided to get rid of the annoying loud-mouths and to test the bomb in the Canyon.
Two of our spies observed from afar how the bomb exploded in the Canyon and it must have been pure madness – a complete success!”

As I heard later on, the survivors of the Twilight Guardian now try to seek shelter from the Fallen Angels in Tech Haven. Already in this moment, troops of the City Administration are being sent out to prevent this and to grant the surviving part of the rebels no chance for safety.

We will keep our citizens of the city up-to-date about following events.

--

Interview with the Soldier Jack Montogrol

"He was totally dazed when we found him in the wastes, miles away from the canyon in the direction to neocron"

Security Chief Bryan Howell searched with his men in the sectors between Neocron and the Canyon for evaders of the bomb attack. Jack Montogrol was found nearly in the middle of this way, totally weak but not this seriously injured. He was brought into the City Admin Headquarter, his wounds were treated and got something to eat. After he got some vitality back he told us what happened in the Canyon.

"From one to the other moment it was completly dark, seconds later there was a neverending loud big bang, this loud that ears were going to explode."

He took a sip of water and tried to concentrate. He continued with a loud voice:
"I've done my job like every other day, i patroled in the canyon when the bomb impacted. I could only throw me to the ground and pray. I thought the bang would never end, it took about 1min, or more. In the first seconds there was a bright light, than the whole canyon went dark, as if a big shadow lay on him. When i raised my head i could feel the rays which wanted to enter my body. So i took to one's heels and run out of the canyon as far as i could. I could see in the corner of my how the radition spread out in the canyon. Bolts everywhere, whereever you looked."
His eyes were wide opend and filled with fear.

"Well know wonder that this happend, after these differences between Yager and the Dome. Yagers actions against the Dome had become harder, kind of aggressive. The Twilight Guardians try to accroach everything with their power and to set them above the Dome. The last action of Yager, to send the employee of the Dome home was the last straw."

His lack of understanding and the destruction of the Canyon opened his eyes, so that the Soldat run toward Neocron to save one's skin.

The City Admin will take care of him and give him a new home and grant him safety in our City.

sanityislost
01-09-04, 23:38
daaaaaaaaamn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very very sweet :)

SiL ..:..

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 23:41
Two things here:
First - that bomb was waaay more than 1min :p
Second - Isn't the canyon always radiated like hell due to the nukewar?
edit: Three things..
Third - Ownage

Tratos
01-09-04, 23:50
ohhhhh coolage :)

seraphian
01-09-04, 23:51
neutron bombs leave less radioactive particles behind, therefore the radiation would fade faster... as in a few years instead of a few decades... I know all my TG are wearing radsuits atm...

Siygess
01-09-04, 23:53
Sometimes I think the administration is too leniant with captured members of the Twilight Guardian.. execution is far more efficient, and doesn't drain the taxed resources of our city.

Luckily for Montogrol, I'm not in charge..

Clive tombstone
02-09-04, 00:08
soo, Since this was a Neutrino bomb, the landscape is untoached? Aww come on, Blow the friggin place to bits^^

you know, patch the place so I looks like a bombed out Spider hole^^

oh, and dont forget top strewn some Scortched bodies around while your at it^^

Candaman
02-09-04, 00:29
Pro City are so going down muahaahhaahahaaa die scummmm

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 00:31
Pro City are so going down muahaahhaahahaaa die scummmm
TG just got nuked into a semi-oblivion (it's nuked, but still there!)
So no... Pro-City isn't really going down....
If I haven't misunderstood what TG's intentions are..

Brammers
02-09-04, 00:56
On behalf of the Fallen Angels Runner Council (Pluto) we release the following statement.

We are shocked by the “Test bomb” used on the Canyons by the Dome of York. The Fallen Angels have yet to consider their response in the current situation.

As Twilight Guardian are strong allies to Fallen Angels, we are doing everything to assist the injured, by offering shelter and medical attention in Tech Haven, and we are dismayed to hear City Admin considers treating the wounded a drain on the tax system.

Some members of Phoenix, eXo and DoY visited the canyons, using heavy anti-radiation protection managed to get to the canyons, but some was forced back by the heavy radiation. I was the only member of the current runner council to make it there, and words just cannot begin to describe the horrific scene there. Many Fallen Angels members had to be treated for radiation burns and shock.

Whether anything can be done to make the canyons habitable for Twilight Guardian remains to be seen.

In the mean time we offer refuge to any Twilight Guardian members who are not able to return to their home. We also like to remind all refugee’s and visitors to Tech Haven that the council rule of no drawn weapons remains in force.

We will try to release more information as it become available, which has not been censored as a result of NCCA-162-0-114.

Brammers
Vice Chairman to Fallen Angels - CEO Phoenix Ltd.

Sakletare
02-09-04, 00:56
Well, that event sucked to be honest.

-----------------------------------------------------
Faction counsellor: "Everyone gather here."

Runners: "What is going on?"

Faction counsellor: "Big event starting, please come."

*last few RP:ers on the server gather*

RP runners: "So what's happening?"

Faction counsellor: "DoY is going to bomb the canyon."

RP runners: Eh... ok. What can we do? It is a bit stupid to stand around in a huddle if someone is dropping bombs."

BANG! BARREL!

*everyone dies*

*lots of more barrels to kill off the PPU's trying to rezz*

Really fun event. Especially since my belt was hacked within two minutes even though the GM's was still barreling all over the place. Really made me want to attend more events.

Clive tombstone
02-09-04, 01:42
hehe, thats why I think GM's should have control over an area's "drop statues" sorta like makeing it warzone or anarchy zone at will (or even "event zone" where belts, soulight or faction doesnt change/ drop)

that way, people wouldnt be soo peeved with this event today

Maybe be hell to code, but it would be worth it

Dribble Joy
02-09-04, 02:25
(OOC: Neutron bomb, not neutrino. Leaves all structures out side the initial blast radius undamaged, but all organic matter exposed will die, 2 weeks later the radiation is gone and ground forces can move in.)

Factions neutral to the The Mercs are to be reminded that the Military Base offers exellent medical services (being a military installation in the middle of the wastelands) and noone will be refused treatment (though subsequent payment for such will be required at some point).

winnoc
02-09-04, 09:41
I was in Grant zone at the time of the attack, adn i could see a huge cloud of smoke going up in the air, also this eery glow over the canyon was scary.

Then i saw ragged survivors run south from the canyon. I also met with some other people who heard of the blast and were there for "disaster tourism".

I was unfortunately forced to do some mercy killings for the mortaly radioated victims.

It was a sad sad day indeed :-)

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 09:54
I was unfortunately forced to do some mercy killings for the mortaly radioated victims.

It was a sad sad day indeed :-)
You just openly admitted you PKd during the event even tho there's a clear NOPK rule?

Akuji
02-09-04, 10:01
(OOC: Neutron bomb, not neutrino. Leaves all structures out side the initial blast radius undamaged, but all organic matter exposed will die, 2 weeks later the radiation is gone and ground forces can move in.)

*Gives dribble a cookie*

WINNAR!!!

winnoc
02-09-04, 10:11
You just openly admitted you PKd during the event even tho there's a clear NOPK rule?

Hey, the event doesn't cover the whole map now does it?
I was on guard duty at grant mine.
The people that saw me can testify i wasn't being an asshole. Even had a chat with Ezza, who'm i helped take care of some vermin (not runners) that was in his way.

Jeez, people are so jumpy nowadays.

ROZZER187
02-09-04, 10:33

RP runners: Eh... ok. What can we do? It is a bit stupid to stand around in a huddle if someone is dropping bombs."

BANG! BARREL!

*everyone dies*

Really fun event. Especially since my belt was hacked within two minutes even though the GM's was still barreling all over the place. Really made me want to attend more events.

what he said :lol:
died as soon as i came out of the gr, got rezzed saw another ppu dead, tried rezzing him and died again lol.

then i had to log after 10mins of waiting for a rezz

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 10:45
Jeez, people are so jumpy nowadays.
Is there any reason to not be when on Saturn..?

winnoc
02-09-04, 11:21
Is there any reason to not be when on Saturn..?

Saturn is a realy cool server. Keeps you on the edge of your seat, except when your bping drones :-)

The only thing i hate about it is the damn parking problem at military base :angel:

Edit:
And i hope you guys don't bash off on events like this too much.
It's good to see some events on saturn, and if everyone bashes down on them, there won't be any.
Some events are better than others, but it's good to see people are willing to invest time in them.
Might have been better if it had been a Hoverbomber attack from DOY, with a final "drop" of the BOMB with the last bomber left alive.

ezza
02-09-04, 12:17
when i saw winnox, he was in grant zone, which wasnt a no pk area, also when he passed though heading to TG, Mr Rodriguez had already told the TG people to get to TH, so imo the TG portion of the event was over.

though i noticed during the event there was a number of mercs on my local list who shouldnt of been there, i mean mercs in TG territory during the event which they shouldnt of been at hmm, not bothered about after event but during it wasnt down with them being there

edit: so the dome was bombing TG? what a way to greet allies, hi TG buddy were gonna bomb your home so you have no choice but to move to our crap hole of a city

[TgR]KILLER
02-09-04, 12:43
edit: so the dome was bombing TG? what a way to greet allies, hi TG buddy were gonna bomb your home so you have no choice but to move to our crap hole of a city

i fear for what they will be doing to poor TH :'(

walked around there yesterday for the first time in weeks on killer getting a few new implants ( so i start nc2 with 120/120 imps ) then i relised... i gonna miss home :(

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 12:51
They're not very allied anymore that's for sure

winnoc
02-09-04, 12:51
CA is most likely gonna retaliate on TH for helping the refugee TG scum.
So a good cleansing raid will take care of the FA, which will then run for DOY.

ezza
02-09-04, 12:54
pfhh and im going to be allied with these turntails if i stay anticity

how are CA going to remove BD and TS from PP?

i might jump back to BD for that :D

Richard Slade
02-09-04, 12:59
I got a feeling we're gonna go quite biblical here..
"They are the unclean! And those who touches the unclean shall be, unclean!"

winnoc
02-09-04, 13:30
Speaking of biblical:

It will turn out that reeza has been studying the bible for years now, hence his not appearing in public often.
In the next few weeks he'll open a religious shopping channel 24h live on the citycom pannels. In these programs he'll brainwash people to take care of the prostitution and drugtrafficing in the city.

BD and TS will go down by an angry lynchmob.

Then there will be the event where the shopping channel causes a mainframe crash by the massive shopper response on an item called "poke-me-mon".
After this crash it turns out that our corrupt Reeza was using the Citydamin servers for his shopping channel and the crash caused data loss on all runner birthcertificates and computer registered properties.

Therefore :

New names, loss of items, BD and TS run from angry mothers and blue collar workers.

****or something like that ***********

El_MUERkO
02-09-04, 13:45

BANG! BARREL!

*everyone dies*

ROFL, good skills by the GMs, how many months did it them to plan that dissaster :D

Dribble Joy
02-09-04, 14:27
What exactly is going on in the canyon now then? is it sealed off? Guards removed? What?

winnoc
02-09-04, 14:31
There was an even there yesterday.

DOY launched their first trial neutron bomb into the canyon as a test.
Everyone died.
Just goes to show the kinds of "friends" TG hang out with.

Good ridance.

Azrael104
02-09-04, 14:33
If runners could change the storyline, nothing of that sort would happen on Ura. The FA on Ura are still wary of the TGs and the Tsunami also, due to large scale wars between FA and TG/TS, brought on by a clan i wont mention.
Fact is, the City Admin tried to raid TH to kill the TG, and were repelled (i think, since i wasnt there most of the time) by a contingent of TS. The TS complained to us that we did nothing :rolleyes:, but frankly, i couldnt give a toss. They brought that onto themselves.

On a side note: It would be good there actually were some TG around during the event, seems to me that they logged off and think we would do the rest. Great Allies... :rolleyes:

Azrael104
02-09-04, 14:34
There was an even there yesterday.

DOY launched their first trial neutron bomb into the canyon as a test.
Everyone died.
Just goes to show the kinds of "friends" TG hang out with.

Good ridance.

Amen Brother :D