PDA

View Full Version : The Neocron Construct v 1.0 Finished!!

Whitestuff
01-09-04, 21:17
I decided to drop my plans to include every recipe in my program because it was a lot of work for a full time college student to compile single handedley. Plus, the code was getting complicated for an extreme novice such as myself.

So I went into the *.cpp file and trimmed the fat, added some instruction lines and compiled it. So I introduce to you The Neocron Construct v1.0 (NeoBRT v1.0).

For those who don't remember my posts from a few months ago, I will explain. I started to compile information on how the barter skill affects the buying and selling prices of items in the game, and noticed a trend. I found a *.pdf file containing the savings % by Hazard01 (thx 2 u). I used that as a base with tons of mathmatical proof as best as I could estimate. Then I compiled the profit % myself using several instances in game. The result is a console program that you run and it calculates your % based on your barter skill level. Then you apply those percentages to the base price of an item (0 barter and low INT cost of an item). In this release, I am only including this small program, but more functionality is planned and will be released, possibly later today, depending on my schedule.

For this reason, I am renaming this release as NeoBRT, because it only houses one element of the construction process.

Like I said, I wanted to incorporate a construction program, but I was compiling that info at the time when all the recipes changed and it was too much for one guy to do.

Now I come to you, Neocron community, for help hosting the file. Please reply here if you can host the file, especially on a fan site. I'll be updating the program over the next months, hopefully porting it over to windows and hopefully recruiting some real programmer's help to import the item recipe features as well.

But anyway. . . Thanks to the community and KK for making this game great. I just want to give back a small piece.

athon
01-09-04, 21:47
...and KK are gonna mess with it all for Neocron 2 and you're gonna have to start all over again :D :lol:

Athon Solo

Whitestuff
01-09-04, 22:28
I would expect that, but that information is easily reproduced with little effort. Well, except for the fact that my barter character is only level 112 and I really have no idea what the numbers do after that, but the evidence points to a trend that does not vary. So I assumed that it didn't change when writing the program and, if it does, then I'll happily recode that, whether or not it remains the same in NC2 or not.

I also found a person to host it and he's checking it out now. For everyone else who wishes to, please reply here and I'll get with you about it.

winnoc
02-09-04, 10:01
Barter is a linear line and keeps on going up.

And i don't think they'll change that in nc2.

Besides how many barterers do you see in nc? Not like it's as popular as constructors or pokers.

MeWhiteWolf
02-09-04, 12:02
yeah swing us a copy and i'll host it 4 u

Carinth
02-09-04, 17:43
Barter is a linear line and keeps on going up.

And i don't think they'll change that in nc2.

Besides how many barterers do you see in nc? Not like it's as popular as constructors or pokers.

Barterer's are only needed by those who are short on money or actualy value money enough to try to save it when they can. Hence, yes, barterer's are not needed at all in nc right now. Money is easy to make and spreads around fast, just yesterday a random person gave me 20mil. It's not like I needed it though, as I've got access to the 70 or so mil in my clan's account. Ontop of that I know tons of people with over 10mil who could give me some cash if I happened to need it. Which is funny because I myself am a barterer. My skills are absolutely useless, if someone needs my services I would be better off just giving them 5mil to buy whatever it is themselves : )

For NC2 though, I'll be super important.. at least for the first month. Everyone is going to be rebuilding weapons and stocking up on needed items that they lost in the transfer. Ontop of that we'll only have a set amount of cash based on our ranks (which will be somthing like 500k for a capped char :lol: ). So you can bet money will have value and barterer's will be your best friend. That is until the tradeskillers screw up the economy again ; D

winnoc
03-09-04, 09:16
Well, barter is pretty handy if you have it on your constructor.

I'm loming down the construction to weapons cap, adn then when int is high enough down to 120 with chips and glove.
Then all the rest into barter.