PDA

View Full Version : Lomming pills - Shaken, not stirred - easy on the nerf.

Spermy
01-09-04, 14:08
Uh, basically I wanna know how you feel about lomming in the current state?

I personally would like a reduction in SI, not a total one, as that would just be crazy lomming to whatever you want whenever...

But when I spend all night lomming it's ridiculous!!! Funny but ridiculous - I still have a lot to do, and when I got to uni , i'll have time for NC maybe 5 or 6 hours a week, which I will probably spend lomming! I know it's my fault for gimping my chars in the first place, but 4 Chars need loms and 6 hours to do one, takes me four weeks! I paid for a month to not be able to use My chars!

I KNOW IT'S MY OWN FAULT!!!

But surely KK might be able to relax the SI just a wee Bit?

Pwetty Pwease? @_@

Ch1n Th3 M4g
01-09-04, 14:15
i just lommed my high tech rc 2 low tech and changed his con setup
witch is 1337 now :D

MISSIONS!! :eek:

garyu69
01-09-04, 14:17
I've always felt that we should be able to take at most 3 pills at a time, when 3 have been taken you max at 100% SI.

Or something along those lines.

ezza
01-09-04, 15:02
lower synap would be cool

Serpent
01-09-04, 15:06
lower synap would be cool
dito.

JustIn_Case
01-09-04, 15:11
The XP loss is penalty enough for LoMing.
And if the XP loss isnt enough I rather see an increased XP penalty
and Synaptic removed.

I would like to LoM my Droner Spy to pistol, but since hes a bit PURE droner atm i would need to take 85 (yes, thats right) RCL LoMs and 63 WPW LoMs.
Since ill only can play a few hours a week due to family and work it will take me weeks....

General Crazy
01-09-04, 15:34
it should be 5% SI loss like when a drone blows up.

i have spent a lot of time lately lomming and i want to delete one of my chars to make a different class of charater as i only have one of my 2 accounts now, but to do that i need to lom the skills on two other chars before i can do that which is about 18 hours work as i need to lom almost every skill on the 2 of them

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 15:36
Coming from one who's popped more pills than you'll ever do (2612 and counting - That's somewhere around 46days of loming 24hours a day)
There's nothing to change..
Just be happy that you can change it at all...
Most games doesn't have this feature,
or as in AO, a limited amount.
And yes, it's supposed to take time
The only change I could see would be if you could drop ALL points in on main skill (STR DEX etc.) at a BIG cost and about 25% total exp loss.

Spermy
01-09-04, 15:40
Coming from one who's popped more pills than you'll ever do (2612 and counting - That's somewhere around 46days of loming 24hours a day)
There's nothing to change..
Just be happy that you can change it at all...
Most games doesn't have this feature,
or as in AO, a limited amount.
The only change I could see would be if you could drop ALL points in on main skill (STR DEX etc.) at a BIG cost and about 25% total exp loss.

Now that wpuld be good - like a full memory wipe allowing a total reroll. But even 100% SI would be too small a penalty for that , maybe lose five levels in tha area also - It's quite drastic, but it would allow players who have very little time available to reroll too.

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 15:41
Now that wpuld be good - like a full memory wipe allowing a total reroll. But even 100% SI would be too small a penalty for that , maybe lose five levels in tha area also - It's quite drastic, but it would allow players who have very little time available to reroll too.
25% xp loss, no SI needed, 25% is a bitch anyways,
or more

JustIn_Case
01-09-04, 15:42

Even without SL it will take alot of time to regain lossed xp.
And the XP loss is bigger then 25% as it is today even. My plan is to capp as droner (since im close already) and then LoM to Pistols so i start as an mid level pistol user atleast. So taking 85-90 RCL LoMs will make me drop from ~170mill to ~100mill DEX xp according to the xp/level charts ive seen.

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 15:45
hmm, all WPW into hacking (cept for 3 psi use and the 80 hack I already had)
6 levels down
not that much..
The new system would've taken 25 levels,
an itsy bit more

JustIn_Case
01-09-04, 15:52
Dropping to DEX 94 when fully capped you will lose excactly 82 478 864 xp points (according to Eric Draven's xp chart).
Thats >50% xp loss.
I think that is penealty enough as it is, no need for synaptic when you LoM a complete skill.

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 15:55
To clarify this EVEN MORE
so you might understand it,
as said in last statement
CAPPED SHOULD DROP YOU 25LEVELS WHEN LOMING A FULL SKILL

JustIn_Case
01-09-04, 15:59
BIG difference between loosing 25% xp and 25% of your levels.
But still better than staring at an progressbar for a week.

lordofkhaoz
01-09-04, 16:24
lower the SI from loms!

Original monk
01-09-04, 16:39
1 superlom as an extra addition on the regular loms ... removes a full skillfield for example pistolcombat with 1 lom ... gives you 100% si and removes 5 ranks (in the pc example: -5 dexranks) :)

sumthing like that :) cause its more fun to go regain ranks then to wait a few hours/days clicking a lom every 5 minutes ...

Shadow Dancer
01-09-04, 17:19
There should be 2 types of pills.

1.Increase XP loss but no SI.

2.Increased SI(like 100% instead of 42) and no XP loss.

Clownst0pper
01-09-04, 17:33

Agree

Roc-a-fella
01-09-04, 18:03
they should oldschool it where you just take em, except you lose XP np synap

MrChumble
01-09-04, 18:33
Alt-tab and watch anime while you LoM. Or even better fire up a 2nd PC and do it there. Last resort: get your little brother to do. If you don't have a little brother you can order one online from several south american countries.

Scikar
01-09-04, 18:54

Gets my vote.

Not so long ago I got fed up of Saturn and decided to see what Pluto was like these days. Upon logging in, I found my PE's old setup was far from ideal, and decided I was going to LoM him. A quick bit of maths and I find I have to take 24 pills in total to bring him up to my ideal PE setup. 24 pills at 4 minutes each = 96 minutes, over an hour and a half to LoM him, and most of them just little things like 25 VHC I had for a hovertec. Naturally I decided sod that, and started playing around a little bit. Couple of days later, I realised, firstly, Pluto has no population, second, the atmosphere isn't a great deal better than Saturn, and on top of that, I have to spend an hour and a half doing sod all if I want to go to Fight Night and compete with people I've wanted to duel for ages.

How many new players have levelled their characters up to the point of being PvP viable, only to be told by their veteran clan mates that their setup is not viable in the slightest, and they have to spend their next 3 hours sitting in Plaza doing absolutely nothing? How many of those have subsequently said fuck it and quit?

Fact: Sitting in Plaza doing nothing is not fun, it's not boring, especially if you don't happen to enjoy smacktalking.

Fact: Hunting mobs and levelling might not be as fun as PvP, but it is somewhat fun, somewhat interesting, somewhat engaging, and somewhat rewarding in the form of loot.

Take the SI downtime off LoMs, and replace it with XP downtime instead, so that instead of spending all your time in Plaza, you can spend it out in the wastes hunting and levelling. At the end of the day, it's a game, and the objective is to have fun. In fact, it's no different to constructors and researchers asking for minigames to make their time more fun - nobody enjoys sitting around in Plaza doing nothing.

As for your options MrChumble, 1) My brother uses the other PC more often than not (and soon I won't have access to a second at all), 2) I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, 3) I've already been through every film and movie on my PC, I load up NC because I want to play NC, not because I want to watch a film, which leaves me with only a 4th option you didn't mention - use a macro. Needless to say, my Pluto char isn't LoMmed yet, but that macro is looking mightily tempting.

MrChumble
01-09-04, 19:06
I have to take 24 pills in total to bring him up to my ideal PE setup.
Normally I'm the last person to resort to sarcasm *ahem* but...boohoohoo poor you!

I logged onto saturn to fix up my PPU for DoY. As I have a capped PPU on pluto I have no need for another on the same account, so I LoMed to hybrid.

I think so far I've taken about 30 PPU LoMs, 7 or 8 MST LoMs, 5 Psi Power LoMs, 7 Weapon Lore LoMs, 9 CST LoMs, 2 Hack LoMs. I still have about 15 Pistol Combat LoMs to take, and this all assumes I can hack being a gimpy low tech hybrid. If not I need to clear out the other 91 PPU.

It wasn't all that much like effort, and done a bit here and a bit there it hasn't even taken all that long, a few days or so. When I get bored I go hunt or level or lurk on the forums writing smug posts like this one.

Scikar
01-09-04, 19:13
Normally I'm the last person to resort to sarcasm *ahem* but...boohoohoo poor you!

I logged onto saturn to fix up my PPU for DoY. As I have a capped PPU on pluto I have no need for another on the same account, so I LoMed to hybrid.

I think so far I've taken about 30 PPU LoMs, 7 or 8 MST LoMs, 5 Psi Power LoMs, 7 Weapon Lore LoMs, 9 CST LoMs, 2 Hack LoMs. I still have about 15 Pistol Combat LoMs to take, and this all assumes I can hack being a gimpy low tech hybrid. If not I need to clear out the other 91 PPU.

It wasn't all that much like effort, and done a bit here and a bit there it hasn't even taken all that long, a few days or so. When I get bored I go hunt or level or lurk on the forums writing smug posts like this one.
That's great. But as I said, the person to think about is not me. It's the new player who either takes LoMs or quits.

MrChumble
01-09-04, 19:27
That's great. But as I said, the person to think about is not me. It's the new player who either takes LoMs or quits.
By the time a new player gets to the LoMing stage he'll have a list of reasons to quit that are worse than LoMing that's as long as your arm.

Beside small issues like server population, FREs, griefing, para, FREs, class balance, yada...who cares about LoM pills.

Certainly I'd like LoMing to be less tedious, but there are much bigger concerns, and a newish player will have plenty of other stuff to do while they LoM, like getting BPs, selling stuff they've looted, getting new weapons built etc.

Benjie
01-09-04, 19:59

Lom pills are impossible to use if you don't have the time to use them. They should be more accessable.

XP loss only, or give us the option.

Scikar
01-09-04, 21:44
By the time a new player gets to the LoMing stage he'll have a list of reasons to quit that are worse than LoMing that's as long as your arm.

Beside small issues like server population, FREs, griefing, para, FREs, class balance, yada...who cares about LoM pills.

Certainly I'd like LoMing to be less tedious, but there are much bigger concerns, and a newish player will have plenty of other stuff to do while they LoM, like getting BPs, selling stuff they've looted, getting new weapons built etc.

And? So because there are other things that might make people quit, how does that make the LoM issue any less relevant? Hey, people are quitting because their epic items and tech part stashes are getting wiped, so let's not bother with changing the system to allow account merges, people are quitting anyway right? We don't need a 1 slot server, because people are quitting over parashock. There's no point fixing melee bugs because PPUs are overpowed. Need I continue?

ezza
01-09-04, 22:29

is this a lommage bragging session, cos i recon i can beat you all :p

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 22:50
is this a lommage bragging session, cos i recon i can beat you all :p
Oh yeah? Try me

Spermy
01-09-04, 22:51
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sentientpeanut/smile5.gif

Stop derailing the thread with your psuedo E Penis extension contest please.

ezza
01-09-04, 23:00
Oh yeah? Try me
lommed fully from HC to melee 8 times :p

ok fully from rifles to pistol to rifles to melee on PE

monk was hybrid to apu to hybrid delete

other monk hybrid to ppu to apu to ppu to hybrid cant he arsed going though the rest plus spermy is getting a bit moddish on us

Flame mode! ON! my posting is done, carry on folks there is nothing to see here

Spermy
01-09-04, 23:01
lommed fully from HC to melee 8 times :p

Flame mode! ON! :mad:

Back to the topic on hand please guys.

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 23:03
Drone-Rifle-Pistol-Rifle-Drone-Rifle-Drone-Pistol-Rifle-Drone-Rifle
APU-PPU-APU-PPU-hyb-APU-Hyb-APU
2612 LoMs and counting

Spermy
01-09-04, 23:05
Fine - Mods? Please close this - it's just degenerated into an E-Penis contest.