PDA

View Full Version : Tribes: Vengeance

Saza
01-09-04, 13:27
Anyone playing the beta? If you liked Tribes 1/2 I seriously reccomend trying it out. Kicks major ass. I'm not so sure about the new method of choosing vehicles, but good graphic overhaul and a very good weapon selection.

Don't get me started on the grappling hook :p (think Worms Ninja Rope).

Teh Saza.

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 13:33
Linkage!!

Asurmen Spec Op
01-09-04, 13:40
I played tribes 1 and 2 and for some reason i still perfer the classic over vengance(was playing it last night)

vengance is fun but the orriginal is like sex awsome

Saza
01-09-04, 13:43
Ya have to be a file planet subscriber AFAIK... lemme check with my bro, he's the subscriber :p

landofcake
01-09-04, 14:12
no doubt about it, i fucking LOVE this game. :D

Clothing_Option
01-09-04, 14:40
Anyone playing the beta? If you liked Tribes 1/2 I seriously reccomend trying it out. Kicks major ass. I'm not so sure about the new method of choosing vehicles, but good graphic overhaul and a very good weapon selection.

Don't get me started on the grappling hook :p (think Worms Ninja Rope).

Teh Saza.
I played tribes 1 back in the day like a total crack addict
I broke 3 panther xl game controllers playing that game at $40 bucks a pop.
its really the best all action game series that takes skill since you can fly t0 kill someone.

rob444
01-09-04, 16:12
Grappling hook? mmmm... Im unfortunely not a fileplanet subscriber and never will be, hopefully they will have an open beta soon enough so I can try it out.

Clive tombstone
01-09-04, 22:28
Grappling hook is by far the best Item ive ever seen in the game^^, one of the cool little tricks you can do with em is grab onto a "fighter plane" and basically hitch a ride^^ that, and if your really good, you can use your graps to give yourself a huge speed boost.

my only beef is the buckler, its not very good, but then again, I usually end up fighting guys with spin-feusers, which explode on the ground, not on my shield^^

Satocastix
01-09-04, 22:30
I'm a Founder's Club member, anyone want to play? It's also one of the greatest games I've ever played, albeit a bit buggy. I understand also that it's only 75% finished. The vehicle physics need work, and a friend of mine swears only by first person view in vehicles.

greendonkeyuk
01-09-04, 22:41
sorry to be a noob but whats a founders club jobbie, i take it you get some sort of special access to the game or something?

id love to play tribes again tbh, i played a little of tribes 2 and enjoyed it tonnes.

Clive tombstone
01-09-04, 23:02
yah, ill play in a while maybe tommorrow though, dont wanna miss out on the ass whoopin that TG is getting in 2 hours on the Uri server^^ gonna bring mah tanks to give oyur City boyz some help (and I mean my vehicles hehe, burn baby burn!)

and uhh, anouther note, I dont like the rocket gun, the shots are too far spread and doo too little damage. THe blaster is better than the rocket rifle is

Saza
01-09-04, 23:07
and uhh, anouther note, I dont like the rocket gun, the shots are too far spread and doo too little damage. THe blaster is better than the rocket rifle is
Wouldn't know, my loadout is:

1) Chaingun - For close quarter fighting and hitting airborne players.

2) Grappler - For making speedy exits and playing "spiderman :D"

3) Spinfusor - Do you really need to ask why? :p

Oh and I use Light Armour, and fly in fighters whenever possible.

Clive tombstone
01-09-04, 23:18
perferably,

Heavy
1-Morter
2-Gernade launcher
3-Grappler

(speedboost pack) [Excellent for heavies, makes them good skieers]

CerealKiller
02-09-04, 01:06
I like it alot, but I suck at it lol

CR@SH
02-09-04, 06:33
Overall its a good game lots easier to select your loadout than in tribes 2, graphics got a major upgrade. Only thing i dont like about it is lack of vehicles what there is like 5 right now? I'm sure there is more coming in the finished game but i want them now. Best of all this game can be ran on only a 1 gig comp.

edit. Oh yeah and don't forget WoW starts tomorrow for all you fileplanet subscribers :D