PDA

View Full Version : 1-Slot Migration

-FN-
01-09-04, 00:42
How many of you are going to make the NC2 4-Slot International your primary server, but currently do not play on Saturn?

Please answer in respect to the poll answers and not just that question.

Reasoning for the Poll:

For those people who are currently die-hard Pluto players who are still in the air as to what to do come NC2, move to the 4-Slot International or wait the undetermined amount of time for another server, this might give some insight as to what direction the community is moving.

Shadow Dancer
01-09-04, 00:43
What poll?

Oh btw, I play on pluto atm and plan to make the 4 slot international my primary soyva.

Dribble Joy
01-09-04, 00:44
I will be, from Uranus.

-FN-
01-09-04, 00:45
What poll?

Maybe if you weren't such a forum whore and gave me 30 seconds to type the poll up ;)

The one that's there now, foolio.

Shadow Dancer
01-09-04, 00:46
Maybe if you weren't such a forum whore and gave me 30 seconds to type the poll up ;)

The one that's there now, foolio.

It was just coincidence. I just happened to refresh right after you made the thread. Honest.....

Mumblyfish
01-09-04, 00:47
I'll be sitting on the sidelines until I get a one-slot server to play on. Until then, I'll just be watching you fools. Laughing. And plotting...

[TgR]HusK
01-09-04, 00:49
gonna move all my chars (all 1 :p) to the 4 slot international server(assuming it will be 4 slots)

working up some new chars, but I hardly call that chars for me als there all niblets :p
Hoping for an account merge offcourse, giving us plutonians a more fair chance (no discussion bout that plz *sigh*)

If they'll open a 2 slot server at some point, I will start... point blanc, and I am hoping that will be forced upon everyone... a clean start on that new server... but thats just an oppinion, not open for discussion either :p

Eddie
01-09-04, 00:51
I'll be sitting on the sidelines until I get a one-slot server to play on. Until then, I'll just be watching you fools. Laughing. And plotting...

I'm with Mumblys.

Eddie

Benjie
01-09-04, 00:52
Might not be four slots, all we know is that it's multicharacter. I hope it's two.

Shadow Dancer
01-09-04, 00:52

What if the 1-slot never comes?

Mumblyfish
01-09-04, 00:57
What if the 1-slot never comes?
Then I never play. Well, I'll make constant whinge threads on the forums, if that counts. Simple, ey?

Geth
01-09-04, 01:02
the new 4 slot international will be my home, even though I primarily play on Pluto. Mind you I have always had a few newbie characters on Uranus or Saturn from when I felt like trying out another class beyond spy. So it shouldn't be too hard of a switch for me.

ps-I would prefer a 2 slot server, though a 4 slot is no real problem either.

Genty
01-09-04, 01:26
As at the time of NC2's arrival I shall be settling into Uni it may be a while before I get sorted with NC2. I am hoping that there is a new server than the ones that are currently planned and I am not fussed how many slots there is, however it is likely that I will be playing on a 2 or 4 slot server excluding the one that will be up at first release.

Drake6k
01-09-04, 01:43
Might not be four slots, all we know is that it's multicharacter. I hope it's two.

Ditto

Shadow Dancer
01-09-04, 01:45
2 slots would own, but wouldn't alot of saturn/uranus people lose chars that way?

alig
01-09-04, 01:49

It wont be two because there is a hell of alot more people playing uranus/saturn that have 4 chars than there is playing oh so crowded pluto.

FatDogg
01-09-04, 05:11
I will wait for a single slot international server, if I have to I will play on the german server, although I speak no german. I refuse to play in a server where the economy is inheriently messed up.

Whitestuff
01-09-04, 05:47

And I seriously hope that it is four. No way am I going to buy 4 accounts to hold the players that my 2 accounts hold now. Oh wait, I won't get to swap those characters from one account to another, so I lose no matter what?? That reasoning there points to a 4 slot intn'l server (which I really think should be 2 German, 1 English, 1 Intn'l, and 1 French).

Morganth
01-09-04, 05:52
Saturn was my home, so I will be moving to Satanus :p

I hope its a minimum of 4 slots, as there are a lot more people on Saturn and Uranus combined than there will ever be on Pluto, and unless KK are really stupid they will see that 2 servers full of paid accounts (which is like 300 peak per night logged in) is a better front to aim the server slot numbers at.

EDIT:

I will wait for a single slot international server, if I have to I will play on the german server, although I speak no german. I refuse to play in a server where the economy is inheriently messed up.

Eh? If cash, appartments, vehicles and excess items are getting wiped then how will the multi-slot server have an economy problem? There will be very little amounts of sellable items available as most people would have transferred what they need to play only, and no one will be able to afford much anyway.

FatDogg
01-09-04, 06:05
pluto's enconomy was amazingly balanced compared to the crap I dealt with on saturn when I had a the (fleeting) thought of leveling another char in case no single int server ever happens and I remember uranus being the same several months ago...

Morganth
01-09-04, 06:16
pluto's enconomy was amazingly balanced compared to the crap I dealt with on saturn when I had a the (fleeting) thought of leveling another char in case no single int server ever happens and I remember uranus being the same several months ago...

From what I make of what you just said, you are having trouble setting up characters on Saturn/Uranus because you can't afford the items they need?

If I am wrong, please write out what you mean with punctuation please and make it a little clearer grammar-wise.

FatDogg
01-09-04, 06:29
I didnt have too much problems getting a couple of chars going on saturn. its not that. the fact is that the over abbundance of items on multi char servers in conjunction with the fact that everybody has some sort of tradeskiller makes it so that people can aquire loads of wealth that unbalance a normal economy. inflation is not uncommon, if you think it is please do explain... but anyway my reasons for strictly sticking to a one character server extend beyond just economy. the fact that people can have four different chars in four different factions and be able to be a cm (or tt) getting inq 4 (or laserblade mods) from tg (or th) by muling between chars quickly and easily destroys alot of rp. dont get me wrong, I'm not a true rper, but it is good to have those elements in the game. people should at least make meager attempts to stay in some sort of character while on non-team chat, I mean come on it is an mmoRPG... I'm just not big on everybody being able to get exactly the "rare" shit they want and not bothering to rp for shit that should be difficult for them to aquire. I hope somebody understands me...

alig
01-09-04, 10:41
Well i think any pluto player refusing to move to a 4 slot server will just piss on their own chips. Lets face it, most plutonians are going to move to the non-german server as its an english server there coming from and the people that wait will _only_ be current players so it will be peoples secondary server with very few people online like pluto now.

Oh and if you want my opinion, the germans are even worse at keeping a server balanced and they only look out for themselfs mainly (most of them) so you move to a german server :p you'll soon regret it.

garyu69
01-09-04, 10:57
As much as i would rather play on the 1 slot server it does seem that everyone will move to the multi slot server.

Therefore i will be dragged along too.

When they 1 slot server comes out i guess i will start a fresh as a wonderous noob.

Morganth
01-09-04, 13:11
I didnt have too much problems getting a couple of chars going on saturn. its not that. the fact is that the over abbundance of items on multi char servers in conjunction with the fact that everybody has some sort of tradeskiller makes it so that people can aquire loads of wealth that unbalance a normal economy. inflation is not uncommon, if you think it is please do explain... but anyway my reasons for strictly sticking to a one character server extend beyond just economy. the fact that people can have four different chars in four different factions and be able to be a cm (or tt) getting inq 4 (or laserblade mods) from tg (or th) by muling between chars quickly and easily destroys alot of rp. dont get me wrong, I'm not a true rper, but it is good to have those elements in the game. people should at least make meager attempts to stay in some sort of character while on non-team chat, I mean come on it is an mmoRPG... I'm just not big on everybody being able to get exactly the "rare" shit they want and not bothering to rp for shit that should be difficult for them to aquire. I hope somebody understands me...

Now I understand where you are coming from. Although having multiple characters means you can easily have a set of tradeskillers and combat characters on one account, it also destroys trust as if you only know somebody by one character, you don't know who the characters are in their other three slots. However, seeing as everyone has the chance to spread acrros the factions or mule for something, it means if you get screwed over by someone you thought you trusted you can always do the same to them later :lol:

ezza
01-09-04, 13:16
if there dumb enough to make it 2 slot, im leaving, they have fucked us over enough, now forcing me to leave 6 chars aint good.

and im sure a lot of 4 char server players would be pissed, but i guess 1 slot people dont really care about that, just cos you guys(all 25 of you)havnt got multi chars so you basically think fuck those 4 char people they dont need those other 2 chars.

edit: man this posting business is difficult when you cant flame :mad:

..i..DemonX
01-09-04, 13:20
I may go 1 Slot German :( But not sure about, 4 Slot realy scare me O_o
Or how about all Plutoians go Venus? :) Yeah i know all french but may we can learn it a lil? :p

alig
01-09-04, 13:27
Or how about all Plutoians go Venus? :) Yeah i know all french but may we can learn it a lil? :p

Whats wrong with 4 slot servers? hell most pluto/jupiter players have 3+ accounts anyway.

ezza
01-09-04, 13:29
most english who went to venus caused trouble, dont recon you would be that welcome there tbh

Xizor
01-09-04, 14:59
I will be going to the international server comming from Uranus/Venus. Which means that I will lose 2 chars but whatever.. :)

Looking forward to being online in NC watching the international server's population go 700+ :D

SypH
01-09-04, 15:56
4 slot Saturanus all the way baby! If they make the stupid choice to make it a 2 slot server then I guess I'll quit.

Dirk_Gently
01-09-04, 16:08

Given that the vast majority of players play on the 4 slot servers I doubt even KK would be that du....................

Never Mind

CarniFlex
01-09-04, 16:27
hmm... lets see... moving all those nice english speaking people to the german 1 slot server and learning them german... or... learn the 1 slot german gm's and support staff some more english.

50 european ex-plutonians or...
10 kk staff of which half most likely speaks english anyway...

My vote goes for making the 1 slot char german into international, with support on german/english.

Besides im still puzzled how easy it is to play on jupiter with only english as regular chat language.

[TgR]KILLER
01-09-04, 16:54
Oh btw, I play on pluto atm and plan to make the 4 slot international my primary soyva.

yar same as SD here.. already leveled a few noob chars. quit playing nc for now till open beta. since my vid drivers fuck up nc atm :p

anyway just today i packed all stuff on 4 chars.. bought brand new 120/120 imps for killer ( i just need them poked ) and i'll be ready to move :)

aint gonna wait till and if there will be another server.. choice is made 4 slot INT..

IceStorm
01-09-04, 18:05
In five days, we'll all have a much better picture of what awaits us n NC2. It would be wise to hold off judgement on the whole one slot/four slot thing until then.

Glok
01-09-04, 18:40
KILLER']anyway just today i packed all stuff on 4 chars.. bought brand new 120/120 imps for killer ( i just need them poked ) and i'll be ready to move :)Yup same here, my 3 chars are all packed up and ready to go with new imps and armor. My pluto monk and my 2 saturn chars.

Open beta here I come. :p

Jest
02-09-04, 08:11
I would have moved to the 4 slot server if accounts could be merged. Without it there is no point. Im waiting for the new server.

kurai
02-09-04, 09:38
I'm waiting for a less than 4 slot option.

All the alt-swapping reminds me too much of the "I'm shit, so I'm going to get my older brother to come and pwn j00" nonsense.

Carinth
02-09-04, 17:57
I only play nc for the community really, so I'll be going to the multichar international server. It'll be fun having all the cross server arguments play out on our new server. It'll also be fun to get to play against some of the best from other servers, see who really is good or just all talk. In essense the multichar international server will be my "fun" server were I just play around on.

If they ever open up the single char international, I'll start a new char there. Starting over on a new server is my ideal nc condition. All the players, new and old, whackin rats in the sewers. PP fights with street rifles, junk knives and other noob weapons. Ahh nc at it's best!

Dirk_Gently
02-09-04, 18:20
I may just take German Classes.

Cyma
02-09-04, 18:39
Im going to 4 slots too. Will have to erase a alt tho but no big deal about this since my tanky gonna go to 4 slot with my 3 other spys. But the choice is still hard since alot of m8 gonna go to a one slot. Will probalby restart a alt to be albe to go on one of those one slot server.

ezza
02-09-04, 18:41
I would have moved to the 4 slot server if accounts could be merged. Without it there is no point. Im waiting for the new server.
well i take it your a multi acount person then?

since you cant merge them your going to wait for a none four slot server for both accounts?

you may as well just come to 4 slot server i mean you will have same amount of accounts but many more char slots, and you can still pick which chars you want on the server from within the account

El_MUERkO
02-09-04, 18:46
I've been playing on Uranus, Saturn and Pluto.

Pluto was always home with my oldest runner there but Elison is also a PE and I found myself very limited, especially after I got stealth taken away from me.

Because of this I'm moving to the 4 slot with my 4 best runners.

If in the future a 1 ot 2 slot server comes online I might start from scratch and enjoy the experience but until then I'll but my full efforts into playing on the 4 slot server.

Agent L
02-09-04, 23:30
the <4 slot option should be more detailed.
I'm not going to play on 2 or 3 slotter, but I'll move to 1slotter as soon as one will pop up.