PDA

View Full Version : NC2 International Server How many slots?

Superbron
31-08-04, 23:22
Hi,

I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find a KK-answer, therefore I ask it again: How many slots will there be on the international server in NC2? The number that has been stated mostly is 4, but with the 9 slots available now in total on international servers, this looks like losing characters. I would like an answer of KK so I can decide if I am going to level up some more characters before NC2 arives. Thanks in advance.

Greetz

enigma_b17
31-08-04, 23:26
at the moment there is a plan for 1 international server which will ave 4 slots

Eddie
31-08-04, 23:27
at the moment there is a plan for 1 international server which will ave 4 slots

Not having a go at you mate, but does it say that *specifically* somewhere, or are we assuming "multi-slot" is 4 slots, like we have on Saturn or Uranus?

Eddie

enigma_b17
31-08-04, 23:29
twas in the plan file afaik, ill try and dig it up

[edit] ok my bad only says a Multiple char server, thought it said it was a 4 somewhere but cant seem to find it. Its more then one for sure :P

Superbron
31-08-04, 23:43
Right! This is exactly what I mean: everybody is speculating and nothing is clear it can vary from 2 till 10? Shouldn't KK ought to know by now and let the community know so we all can anticipate?

Greetz

Eddie
31-08-04, 23:47
Heh.. I remember noticing in everything I read that they were careful enough to say "multi-slot", rather than a specific number.

I guess they'll decide that closer to the date, maybe after extensive testing during Open Beta where we can transfer our retail characters over...

Eddie

Benjie
01-09-04, 00:04
I hope it's two. Two is a perfect comprimise.

enigma_b17
01-09-04, 00:15
I hope it's two. Two is a perfect comprimise.

i agree with u there benije, only prob with that is those with multiple accounts and loads of chars are going to ave to pay for another 2 accounts just to store the characters, only other option is to put them on the german servers which i did before but it was a pain in the arse :P

Eddie
01-09-04, 00:17
i agree with u there benije, only prob with that is those with multiple accounts and loads of chars are going to ave to pay for another 2 accounts just to store the characters, only other option is to put them on the german servers which i did before but it was a pain in the arse :P

Exactly. I also hope it's two (if I *really* must have be on a multi slot server), but I can't see how they will choose a number less than 4, seeing as that's the maximum amount of characters available per single server at the moment.

Eddie

Benjie
01-09-04, 00:18
Reakktor said you can keep them in Neocron 1 as long as you want, then transfer them at a later date.
It might be more interesting to have two characters to begin with considering the system is now 1-vs-1.
I'll have two characters, but one is a newbie PE on venus I use to PK capped Spys. (True story)

NeoChick
01-09-04, 00:19
I do hope it is four, no more no less.
Reason is that if it is more, then people will create more and more chars.
Then when KK find that the international server is too full, they will make another one and ppl will transfer their Pluto chars to the new server. (my guess is a lot of people will hold off transfer of their Pluto char till another intern server arrives)
But having chars on the first intern server, naturally they will still play those.

So once the first international server is overloaded, it will be very difficult to remedy that situation and it will probably forever be an overloaded, buggy, laggy server, and once we transferred our chars there, we probably will not be able to change servers again.

I cannot see how it will work. Presently if you add up attendance on Pluto, Uranus and Saturn players, the international community seems to be much larger than the German community

Benjie
01-09-04, 00:30
I do hope it is four, no more no less.
Reason is that if it is more, then people will create more and more chars.

You forget that very few people play Neocron with two characters at a time. Four characters or two, same server counts.

Promethius
01-09-04, 00:39
Though it would suck being able to only bring 20 items (exluding imps, armor, etc) to DoY isntead of 40.

Guess its a good thing i only planned on bringing 2 mains and 2 mules.

-Prom

-FN-
01-09-04, 00:41
Older statement from:
http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=268

Neocron 2 Server Configuration

At the moment we plan on starting with 3 new servers and will react quickly and flexibly to the amount of players. Additionally there will be the French server Venus and of course Neocron Classic. However, the final decision will also depend on the stress test during the open beta phase. We hope to support way more players on a single server thanks to the much more powerful new hardware.

The databases will also run on improved hardware and use Linux.

The start configuration will consist of at least two German and one international server, where one German Realm will allow only one single character and the two others multiple characters.

Newest statement from:
http://www.neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=270

Which servers will be available on release?

At the moment we plan on starting with 3 new servers and will react quickly and flexibly to the amount of players. Additionally there will be the French server Venus and of course Neocron Classic. However, the final decision will also depend on the stress test during the open beta phase. We hope to support way more players on a single server thanks to the much more powerful new hardware.

The databases will also run on improved hardware and use Linux.

The start configuration will consist of at least two German and one international server, where one German Realm will allow only one single character and the two others multiple characters.

And I just realized Holgar simply reused old text. SNEAKY BASTAGE!

Disturbed021
01-09-04, 01:53
Saturn and Uranus are multiple char slots (4). Pluto and Jup have 1. Venus has 2 but is run by AD, so they don't entirely count :p .
Why would anyone think it would be less than or more than 4? :confused:
Its gonna be 4.

Biznatchy
01-09-04, 04:39
Saturn and Uranus are multiple char slots (4). Pluto and Jup have 1. Venus has 2 but is run by AD, so they don't entirely count :p .
Why would anyone think it would be less than or more than 4? :confused:
Its gonna be 4.

We thought alot of things most of all that doy would be free like was promised, and we could take epic items with us... the list goes on. Where is anything that said it will be a 4 char server.

Even though it would subject to change like all things with KK but atleast if it was said we would have somthing to plan by.

FatDogg
01-09-04, 06:08
I just want pluto to be the way it used to be but with better graphics...

Morganth
01-09-04, 06:18

Empty? :lol:

I hope we get an official response soon, as I think it will affect everyone's decisions significantly if we end up with an international server with less than 4 slots on, unless they plan on implementing one later.

FatDogg
01-09-04, 06:32
the way it used to be you ass lol. I remember when saturn and pluto had pretty close to the same numbers online.

Benjie
01-09-04, 06:40
I'd prefere a two slot server tbh.

MISS WHIP
01-09-04, 10:36
CRAP with the 2 slot server option the only people that will be happy with that will be the peeps on pluto which number about 35 ATM.
Other people like me that play on saturn/uranus and have 8 characters will be PISSED with a 2 slot international server.

Dont come with that yes but your other characters will be in a big Database and you can transfer them later when more servers become available yea right tell me another joke.

winnoc
01-09-04, 10:41
I'm ok with the things KK has decided to do with the wipe and transfer, i even don't mind the price increase much, as i suspect it will give us a better product and service.

However if they go to a two slot server i'm probably canceling one account, maybe even two.

alig
01-09-04, 10:50
It will have 4 slots. Not 1. Not 2. Not 3. But 4.

Why are they going to please the very very few pluto players (50?) over the 400 - 500 uranus/saturn players that all have 4 characters and would all loose 2 full capped characters (tecnically, 3 months work each minimum). The pluto players would loose nothing from going to a higher server count be that 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 etc...you only have 1 per account now so its a win win situation for you and a loose loose situation for uranus/saturn players if they drop it below 4 and i seriously dont think reakktor are THAT dumb.

garyu69
01-09-04, 10:55
I want a 1 slot server, but will have to wait. So for the multi i would like to see a 2 slot.

Mainly because it will mean there is less chance of people just creating loads of alts to do epics and for epic kills etc etc.

and also to piss off the 4 slot server people who have all these plans with bringing over their 40 items and imps across to the new server with them.

MISS WHIP
01-09-04, 11:05
@garyU69 - you guys playing on Pluto are just pissed because you now have to make new characters on saturn/uranus to take over more characters to the new int server and have to try and trade Pluto-Saturn to get decent stuff in the short time you have left...let me guess that server trading is not going that well as no one want stuff on Pluto where the copbots in P2 outnumber the players :lol:

garyu69
01-09-04, 11:11
hahaha god your humour is killing me :rolleyes:

Pluto trade is good at the moment actually gathering rares and building them up for NC2. As for making other chars on other servers just to carry stuff over, nope. Not me, I have a med tank on uranus and some 0/2 chars on the other servers but they have been there for ages.

Dribble Joy
01-09-04, 11:11
I would want a 1/2 slot server, and I am from Uranus, but it won't happen.

Superbron
01-09-04, 11:18
Personally I think the multi-slot International server should have 9 slots. As KK decides there only will be one International server for the time being. Everyone can put all characters on this server. When KK decides for another 1-slot (or even another 4 slot). People should be able to transfer Character(s) from that server to the new one. The 9-slot server should be adjusted to a 8 (9-1), 7 (9-2), 5 (9-4) or 4 (9-4-1) slot server. This way everybody can keep its own characters and the transfer-database doesn't contain 'waiting' characters.

By the way: I don't understand why KK is planning only one international server and two German servers. I think this should be the other way around as there are 3 international servers and only one German server. o_O

dem0n
01-09-04, 11:22
let's look at it from a different angle... imho more characters == more fun. first off 1 character servers, I take a look at pluto and that's about all I need. you say it's good RP? I say it's just forcing people to have more than one account, not to mention for people which don't have that kind of money to buy 2 accounts and pay them monthly. It's true you can have fun with 1 char only, BUT look at the tradeskill community on pluto. it's either theres no one on, or that the tradeskillers operate within their private facilities, something a newb might find hard to come by to find. I think 4 characters are OK, even more == better. it's not once I got bored and did a wipe on all my characters. having more slots means we can play as we see fit: want to do some cummunity work... take your tradeskiller(s). want to bash up some mobs take your meleer. want to toast up a cave? no problem take your APU. friend needs help leveling - take your PPU. want to mess around the hacknet, take your spy. scare the enemy factions, give em some elephant balls with your HC tank. I'm not saying 1 slot servers will be a total miss, now that the community will, dear god I so hope, thrive and grow up, no more the case that you log on and about a total of 150 players are playing on 4 servers. 1 character servers will be good if a promising community will be present, meaning if your a HC tank, there will always be a few of each job classes to suplement, but that's not the case right now. what I'm basicly trying to say is that with more characters you'll have the oppertunity to play as you see fit at the moment.

Dribble Joy
01-09-04, 11:27
By the way: I don't understand why KK is planning only one international server and two German servers. I think this should be the other way around as there are 3 international servers and only one German server. o_O
Just look at the number of german players on NC.

Jupiter, more players online than anyother server.
A very large german populace on saturn, Uranus is half german.

That leaves the english community with what... Pluto and what's left of the other multislot servers.
The jovians will most likely stay where they are, and with reasonably 50/50 (or less) split of english and german players on the others and pluto (face it bitches) being dead, whay not just set up the two servers as they are now and make one german?

Superbron
01-09-04, 11:37
Another solution: 1 english, 1 german and 1 dutch server :D

solling
01-09-04, 13:01
yeh give us a 2 slot server as the int server the perfect balance
and we might have a chance to know who the diff peops really is

Morganth
01-09-04, 13:05
yeh give us a 2 slot server as the int server the perfect balance
and we might have a chance to know who the diff peops really is

Perfect balance? The only people who would benefit are Pluto players or people with only 1/2 characters on Saturn or Uranus. Then all the other Saturn/Uranus players who have 4 chars, maybe even multiple accounts with 4 chars on as well suffer. No wonder Pluto is empty, nobody has any common sense.

Superbron
01-09-04, 13:10
Perfect balance? The only people who would benefit are Pluto players or people with only 1/2 characters on Saturn or Uranus. Then all the other Saturn/Uranus players who have 4 chars, maybe even multiple accounts with 4 chars on as well suffer. No wonder Pluto is empty, nobody has any common sense. I agree completely! Wouldn't like to lose any of my chars. All those hours of levelling...

.hack//sign
01-09-04, 13:28
capped pe/high lvl ppu/high lvl resser/ capped melle tank :wtf: y would i want to lose and of my high lvl chars? o_O

DigestiveBiscui
01-09-04, 14:03
i can't see there not being a 4 char international server, seeing as there always has been since nc started :p