PDA

View Full Version : Evil genius

Judge
31-08-04, 23:11
Well the Demo is out atm, and I have to say... awesome. :D

The basic idea is that you're the epitome of all that is evil in this world, and you have to build up an evil lair to further your plans of world domination. Its kind of a mix between Theme hospital, and Dungeon Keeper, with added comicbook humour.

Its definitely overtaken DoW on my games shortlist.

Btw, locking up your own construction workers then torturing them is so much fun. And gains you so many evil points. :p

Genty
31-08-04, 23:48
Yeah, I am downloading the demo now to have a looksee. Will report back my feelings on it after I play it.

Eddie
31-08-04, 23:53
I've heard too many good recommendations to not try it now.

Will report back.

Eddie

Mumblyfish
31-08-04, 23:56
Of course, Heat isn't implemented, so many people are complaining that it's too easy. "Just put your base on red alert and kill everyone" isn't supposed to be a viable strategy. Valets > Mercenaries. I completed the demo without a single guard or merc, and without needing to build any gun racks :)

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 00:19
linkage damnit

Tratos
01-09-04, 00:28
http://www.howevilareyou.com/

and damn im downloading the demo now :D looks teh win.

and of course my kind of game :p

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 00:31
http://www.howevilareyou.com/

and damn im downloading the demo now :D looks teh win.

and of course my kind of game :p
cuz u like to pretend you are something big and not an addicted neocrack junkie?

Tratos
01-09-04, 00:41
cuz u like to pretend you are something big and not an addicted neocrack junkie?
no, because im a nasty bastard. -shrugs-

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 00:57
15min left.. damn this is slow..
People with sucky servers deserves to die an horrible unspeakable insanely mad death

Drake6k
01-09-04, 00:59
I played it but I didnt like it. The fights were so easy and I ended up making my entire base a freezer for dead people. The final game might be more fun but the demo was boring and easy. :\

Judge
01-09-04, 01:04
I didn't like the whole bodybag thing... Though I'm not quite sure about what the actual point of storing them in the freezer is... as from what I saw you might as well just leave them to rot, not that you can, which is irritating.

Mumblyfish
01-09-04, 01:04
I played it but I didnt like it. The fights were so easy and I ended up making my entire base a freezer for dead people. The final game might be more fun but the demo was boring and easy. :\
Like I said, in the full game you would have been FUCKED. Killed an enemy? What do you think the international organisations will do when he doesn't report back? Yeah, you get **********. In the full game, killing is a last last LAST option, with psychological weakening and capturing being far favourable. Also, apart from the very end (the Super Agent) I didn't need to kill a single person. My base was well designed enough so that any snooping agent came in, found nothing, then left.

Mumblyfish
01-09-04, 01:06
I didn't like the whole bodybag thing... Though I'm not quite sure about what the actual point of storing them in the freezer is... as from what I saw you might as well just leave them to rot, not that you can, which is irritating.
Body bags and freezers are to stop you from killing enemy agents unless it's really needed.

Also, if your minions start seeing dead bodies everywhere they start to freak out and lose loyalty. You have to lock the bodies in the freezer where they won't affect your minions' morale. Oh, and dead bodies generate a lot of Heat, so if you have them lying around for agents to see, Counter-Terrorists are going to swarm in.

Judge
01-09-04, 01:13
What was your base layout like, so that it didn't attract any agents?

Also, whats this crazyness about heat? Please explain dood.

Oh, and how do you psychologically weaken people? I tried it but nothing seemed to happen. :(

Genty
01-09-04, 01:18
I had a little play around and killed everyone. :D

Was a little annoyed with some chars having a character bug (so was all white) including the evil genius himself. It's interesting anyway, will prob have another go at it later this time not killing so many :D

Mumblyfish
01-09-04, 01:19
What was your base layout like, so that it didn't attract any agents?

Also, whats this crazyness about heat? Please explain dood.
I'll explain Heat first. Every object that you place has a Heat rating. Heat is how suspicious or evil an object is. Enemy agents won't attack by default. They're just in your base to look around to see if you really are evil, but if they find something with a high Heat rating, they're going to start shooting everything and notify the UN. Things like your kitchen aren't suspicious at all, they have a Heat of 0. Agents can spend forever in your kitchen and not be alarmed at all. High-security doors have a Heat of 2, they are rather suspicious. They'll tell the Agent that something's not right, and they'll start exploring. Gun racks, body bags and interrogation devices have an INSANE Heat rating and will instantly send you into "oh bugger" mode when found. Also, if your workers are armed they'll carry a Heat rating.

So, for the ideal base you'd have things with low Heat ratings at the entrance, leading back through many layers of doors to the high-Heat objects, which you hope noone will find. Deploy Valets to urge Agents away from areas when they start getting a bit too sneaky. And capture anyone who starts to know too much. Also, keep guards and mercenaries locked away unless needed, and never arm your workers.

Edit: Only Valets can psychologically weaken enemies, so have a lot of them. They start distracting the enemy and leading them towards the entrance, putting them into a calmer state.

Ryuben
01-09-04, 01:26
downloaded it :D will install and test later

Judge
01-09-04, 01:28
I'll explain Heat first. Every object that you place has a Heat rating. Heat is how suspicious or evil an object is. Enemy agents won't attack by default. They're just in your base to look around to see if you really are evil, but if they find something with a high Heat rating, they're going to start shooting everything and notify the UN. Things like your kitchen aren't suspicious at all, they have a Heat of 0. Agents can spend forever in your kitchen and not be alarmed at all. High-security doors have a Heat of 2, they are rather suspicious. They'll tell the Agent that something's not right, and they'll start exploring. Gun racks, body bags and interrogation devices have an INSANE Heat rating and will instantly send you into "oh bugger" mode when found. Also, if your workers are armed they'll carry a Heat rating.

So, for the ideal base you'd have things with low Heat ratings at the entrance, leading back through many layers of doors to the high-Heat objects, which you hope noone will find. Deploy Valets to urge Agents away from areas when they start getting a bit too sneaky. And capture anyone who starts to know too much. Also, keep guards and mercenaries locked away unless needed, and never arm your workers.

Edit: Only Valets can psychologically weaken enemies, so have a lot of them. They start distracting the enemy and leading them towards the entrance, putting them into a calmer state.

OMG..... awesome. Definitely got to get this game. I'll test out all those things tomorrow. Mwahahahaha....

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 14:07
That Jubei is from Ninja Scrolls, I know..
But where's Eli from again??

Mumblyfish
01-09-04, 17:08
That Jubei is from Ninja Scrolls, I know..
But where's Eli from again??
Shaft piss-take, by the looks of things. General stereotypical black agent.

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 17:30
No, Eli, the gunslinging afro dude in white suit is from some movie, I know that much....
Think it's the guy quoting the bible when killing stuff

Napalm82
01-09-04, 17:47
No, Eli, the gunslinging afro dude in white suit is from some movie, I know that much....
Think it's the guy quoting the bible when killing stuff

Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction maybe?

Judge
01-09-04, 17:51
I found it really hard to keep my guards separate, and have enough space between my low heat objects and high heat objects... Its quite hard to pull off with such a small amount of space, and I found that the agents just got through my security doors too easily.

Oh, and with too many Valets, one has just done his thing and told the guy to piss off, when another one starts doing it, so the agents just get stuck in one place with Valets queing up to psychologically harm them, either that or the valets get tired to quickly and let the agents get back to my interrogation chamber where they plant bombs dammit.

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 18:16
Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction maybe?
That's what I thought... Mr 'Bad motherfucka' is named Eli there?

Jonax
01-09-04, 18:19
You sod Judge! Now I've gotta wait four weeks for a game I can't wait for :(

Ah well - Good job I just bought Starcraft on budget :D

Judge
01-09-04, 19:33
Ah well - Good job I just bought Starcraft on budget :D

Haha... same here. Its an awesome game for like 4 years old, and the graphics aren't that bad considering. Also it not like these pussy RTS' such as Age of Empires, your enemies die in an explosion of blood and gore, rather refreshing. :D

Tratos
01-09-04, 19:59
Played this demo and damn its good :D

Interogation O_o the fact one of my workers was standing infront of my prisinor doing the moon walk going HEE HEE SAMONE IM BAD O_o rofl

Teh winnage game.

rob444
01-09-04, 20:36
Damnit, I cant get the interrogation to work. I got that agent in the prison and I got one of those interrogation thingies not far from the prison (in the same room) and if I select the prison and choose interrogate and then select the interrogation device, nothing happens, no one will show up. Anyone else had this problem?

Oh the game looks cool :)

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 20:39
Damnit, I cant get the interrogation to work. I got that agent in the prison and I got one of those interrogation thingies not far from the prison (in the same room) and if I select the prison and choose interrogate and then select the interrogation device, nothing happens, no one will show up. Anyone else had this problem?

Oh the game looks cool :)
U did right-click on the chair and not left, right?

Judge
01-09-04, 20:42
U did right-click on the chair and not left, right?

Yeah heh... I was doing that for a while. :p

Ryuben
01-09-04, 20:46
too ages thow to make him crack O_o

rob444
01-09-04, 21:01
Yeah I right clicked this time, worked great :P

Judge
01-09-04, 21:14
Sometimes he'll crack within one interrogation session, but sometimes it takes ages.

Haha... I had great fun raising my troops loyalty by A) Getting my Henchman to gather them round, then take them to my interogation room where one would be picked at random and tortured and B) By doing the same, but executing the prisoner with my Evil Genius.

I love this game!

Biznatchy
01-09-04, 21:16
Is there a way around the intro stuff.

Mumblyfish
01-09-04, 21:27
After you do the intro once, it'll quicksave.

Genty
01-09-04, 23:44
Well, after playing for it a while this is a game I would of loved and played lots a few years ago. However now I don't feel I have the patients for it although it does look interesting. Too busy anyway :D

shodanjr_gr
02-09-04, 00:01
/me wants a DSL line so that he can dl uber game demos....

sigh, guess ill wait for it to hit the stores. Seems uber cool (Dungeon Master style, Aeeeiiiii).