PDA

View Full Version : City Of Heroes

enigma_b17
31-08-04, 23:04
just tryin to buy this or get it delivered to ireland, but no1 seems to do it :/ any1 on ere from the uk or ireland ever bought this, and can give me some info as to where i can get it from?

Richard Slade
31-08-04, 23:06
Well due to the fact that I will personally plant a bomb to your pets back and a laserweapon to it's head and then do a drive-by with nukes if you play it,
I'd suggest you don't even bother...
If you really really want it,
go to your local gamer store, they should be able to import any game there is.
If CoH is still to be counted as a game and not just utter BS that is

joran420
31-08-04, 23:16
^^ what he said....I'll send you my box and give you my acct info....If you payy shipping...+ one half of what the game cost retail(btw i live in teh states so shippin prolly wouldnt be to cheap)

but yeah the game sucks

enigma_b17
31-08-04, 23:17
whats so bad about it?? sounds fun to meh :/, is it the no pvp element or does it go deeper?

ps i appreciate the offer but i lookin for a brand spankin new one :)

joran420
31-08-04, 23:19
naw its just ....ok imagine that the only thing in NC was to take missions to kill rats....as your lvl got bigger so did the rats but their physical bodies didnt get bigger or anything so theyre essentially the same rat you killed the first time in game.....

[edit] oh yeah and no mob drops....since there are no items or weapon in this game

thats about CoH....I had alot of fun with it....for about 1.8 weeks

Sorontar
31-08-04, 23:31
Enigma its US only and needs importing ............ I'm playing it and have been doing so since it went retail.

I have to say that I am having a ball.

Content always being added and due a new FREE EXPANSION !

After this is the City of Villains expansion that adds consensual PvP ( 2005 ish methinks ).

Anyway I got mine from

http://www.sps-systems.co.uk/trolleyed/4/3/5/108/index.htm#CIWI9500

And although you are hunting it isn't just bigger and bigger rats ........ when you get to higher levels you will have to think about tactics as the villains get powers and can drop you as quick as you can then.

When you stand on top of a skyscraper and look around a zone and then think of all the other zones and their sizes it is impressive. I haven't had a single FRE either.

If you want an easy to play game that is fun and has really well plotted story arcs its worth a shout.

enigma_b17
31-08-04, 23:35
hhhmmmm dont like the look of that site lol

Dont know, ebay probably has a few now that i think of it but dont really trust the ppl on that either :P

Richard Slade
31-08-04, 23:35
and, of course, due to no items, no crafting,
and no pvp, even thp CoV have pvp, it's just same old pvp..
what more..
well ye, to be set out on a predetermined path of skills with no changes to make
just ain't my cup o' tea
And ye, it's PCC

Kratos
31-08-04, 23:37
COH is great game,it just takes too long to level. The story arcs are fun to do and they give tons of XP.

I have a lvl 32 Ice Blaster and i was dissapointed on the last power on the main attack pool,thats why I left it. Until they fix it,I wont play COH.

But over all,the game is fun and you got tons of looks to choose from =)

joran420
31-08-04, 23:41
yeah creating a char is the best part of the game imho....

all the super powers are basically the same only stronger....

I dunno its just not my cup of tea, I dont really know what they could do to make it better(add armor items and crafting would be a good start)

every char looks different...the skills they have are all the same

Sorontar
31-08-04, 23:41
It aint a pre determined set of skills anymore than NC is as you cannot have them all. And you dont have to think much about them.

Yes there are ideal set ups but the others aren't gimped.

To compare it to another MMORPG is impossible as it doesnt carry all the traditional factors across. To be honest it is far less an RPG than an action game. Big explosions , comic book speech bubbles etc.

Yes there is roleplay but most players who come in expecting the involved number crunching and endless saving of items lose out.

Personally I like both games .......Im just lucky I guess.

enigma_b17
31-08-04, 23:53
so any1 actually know how to get it inside ireland/uk?

Wellard
31-08-04, 23:55
I got my copy from here Disks&discs (http://www.diskshop.co.uk/) but I don't know if they will ship to Ireland, it's worth asking tho I guess.

I like it, but then I have quite a few friends and family who play it. I tried it cos a lot of my clan buggered off and left while waiting for NC2, and so I was missing the team play. In CoH you can make "supergroups" who get their own cotume etc.

The graphics are good, and as someone else mentioned the character creation is very good, I get almost no lag, even tho the servers are in the US and I am in the UK, even when hundreds of people are on the server.

I think people who enjoy the Superhero films/comics etc would enjoy this more than those who don't.

I still play NC and will be back full time when NC2 comes out, but CoH is a good filler inbetween!

Rude Boi
01-09-04, 01:35
www.dvdboxoffice.com

although they get a bit suspiscous when u use more than one credit credit card in a small period of time :rolleyes:

Sakletare
01-09-04, 02:44
http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2004/pvp20040613.gif

Kratos
01-09-04, 09:03
http://www.pvponline.com/archive/2004/pvp20040613.gif
lol nice comic :lol:
its true,when people get past lvl 10+(in COH),they dont save citizens anymore :p

Sorontar
01-09-04, 09:23
Hehe I have to agree that it is time consuming as Paragon City is full of crims.

I do throw a fireball at them every now and then just so the civilian can run away. My conscience is clear then :D

But to be honest I can't remember the last time I went back to Atlas or Galaxy ( I get the odd mission that sends me into King's Row ). Maybe I selected the wrong stop on the Yellow Line subway , who knows.

Rude Boi
01-09-04, 16:46
its a good game allround in my opinion, what it lacks is made up by someting else and there is talk of tradeskillers etc being introduced either with CoV or by the time it comes out

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 17:31
However it's still a PCC game, as long as you like NC, PCC games will suck.

Clownst0pper
01-09-04, 17:34
Ive heard its OK, personally, wait for world of warcraft, gaurenteed to kill off all the competition, period.

..i..DemonX
01-09-04, 17:36
lmao i love that comic! :lol:

BloodLetting
01-09-04, 17:48
Well I got CoH played it about two weeks
Why does every developer make point and click games...is it just easier or something?
Like CoH just click you enemy and no matter what you do you will still shoot at them then the computer will decide if you hit them or miss there is no skill involved in that at all.
What is with games that people think its fun to select a target to attack then go make a sandwich when you come back the MoB will be dead . oooo Thats not boreing :o another sleeper game...snoooozzzzz
Please if any developers read this forum stop with the Lineages and CoHs Plz
give me a chance to actualy feel like I hit the MoB and they didnt hit me because of my skillz (which I admit are few and far between)

ahhhh the rant shall end...................................now

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 17:51
It's easier to synch with the lag if it's turnbased.
Also it's refered as PCC..
Point Click n' Coffee

Archeus
01-09-04, 17:52
just tryin to buy this or get it delivered to ireland, but no1 seems to do it :/ any1 on ere from the uk or ireland ever bought this, and can give me some info as to where i can get it from?

Try the MMORPG board on boards.ie . There are lots of Irish players but not sure where they got them from.

Barar
01-09-04, 19:57
Jeez dont mention another game on these forums :)

Anyway Coh You can buy from www.coh.com

Click on the link and download it (700meg)

Its a great game bit monotonous as most RPGs are by nature and the server populations are a lot better than NC

Rude Boi
01-09-04, 21:24
WoW..... kinda sucks

MxO is the MMO thats gona kill the competition

xkorpio
01-09-04, 21:56
if you go here:

www.plaync.com

you Create an account, then you have the chance to buy a retail CD-KEY online for this (and others) game.

When you have succesfull bought the CD-KEY, they allow you to download the game directly from them

The bad thinh is that you dont get the box and CD, but if u are hurry...

Hope this helps you

I play server Pinnacle, mostly with a char named 'Kyle K.' (the last dot included)

Hope see you fighting crime in Paragon! Good Luck

Sorontar
01-09-04, 22:51
Erm PCC lets run that through shall we

Average Lvl 26 Blaster character runs up to a group points at lead mob and lets rip. All his attacks are macroed up and they run through.

Lead mob 'may' be dead after first 4-5 attacks if 1-2 colours above you ......... but in all likelihood you will sit there and watch your arse be handed to you as the mobs knock you every which way , stun you , and remove your lower intestine ( not a graphic but you can imagine ).

One on one you may be able to take most mobs up to 3 colours above you but only with good tactics and use of inspirations.

No time for coffee for me whilst playing CoH :p

And Richard , I like NC and the FPS interface (even though it does attract players who have no interest in the RPG side of the game ) but I also like games with the trusted RPG interface ( NWN , BG , ToEE and a shed load more ). So someone CAN like both.

Anyone else who plays CoH I'm on Victory and am called Firebrand Omega.

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 22:54
Try SWG gaming system
Or EQ for a while..
Don't compare to singleplayer games,
myself I played Dungeon Siege for a long long time.
Also played Planescape and NWN.. There's a big difference IMO
as the singleplayer (or multi co-op) are story based 90% ....
MMOs are not.

Rude Boi
01-09-04, 23:12
as the singleplayer (or multi co-op) are story based 90% .... MMOs are not.

correction, each contact (person that gives missions) has there own STORY line, like its own comin which you work your way through.

Then u have Task Forces, are missions for a entire group of heroes with a even bigger, harder but worthwhile storyline

giga191
01-09-04, 23:29
It's alright. But that's it. You will get bored of it quite fast

Shujin
02-09-04, 00:04
;P love that lil comic its so true ;D

i personally dont like CoH to much. its gfx are GREAT and gameplay is great but boring as hell after a bit. like someone else said, its basicly the same villains everywhere just different levels.

my brother and his gf and couple of his friends have played it since beta and they got tons of capped chars etc etc.
i just dont like it because the mobs dont drop anything and there isnt any rare items or anything that 1 char has that another cant get. but he said its getting better because they just added stuff you can wear on the outside of your char model, Ie: capes

Sorontar
02-09-04, 09:20
Richard

I was comparing the interfaces not the games , I wont touch SWG ( my girlfriends underwearr eminds me not to ) or EQ. Anyway some of those NWN perpetual worlds have more players than Pluto.

As RB said , CoH is story driven ............some of the plot lines / story arcs are really well thought out and in depth.

As for same old same old every day I suppose it may be, as all you do is be heroic in one way or another and maybe work on your Supergroup. When you get to about lvl 23 though the villains really start to hit back hard and have some good powers.

The only thing it lacks is the traditional MMORPG stuff that people expect , rares , trading etc ( although players DO trade enhancers that drop from the mobs ). Then again it doesn't have to try and balance a economy and you are rewarded for what you do and NOT what you can get your hands on by camping a spot.

Has anyone got any opinions ( silly question aint it :p ) about Vendetta Online ?

Sigma
02-09-04, 09:51
Ive heard its OK, personally, wait for world of warcraft, gaurenteed to kill off all the competition, period.
WoW sux ass, big time.

Rude Boi
02-09-04, 14:59
like someone else said, its basicly the same villains everywhere just different levels

Wrong!
when u get to a certian lvl u get a new contact, and of course a new story line, and that story line might be for a group of villians that youve never seen before.

ie, ive never seen a "Cadaver" over lvl 10 and anyone in "The Family" lower than lvl 20

Shujin
02-09-04, 15:57
Wrong!
when u get to a certian lvl u get a new contact, and of course a new story line, and that story line might be for a group of villians that youve never seen before.

ie, ive never seen a "Cadaver" over lvl 10 and anyone in "The Family" lower than lvl 20
ive seen tons of cadavers over level 16... check perez park.

Sorontar
02-09-04, 18:39
ive seen tons of cadavers over level 16... check perez park.

Was that a mission or an ambush or something because Perez Park is only meant to spawn up to lvl 14 ?

Also Cadaver's are only lvl 1-10 .......... Dr Vahz the Arch Villain is only spawned at 15-22.

I may give Perez Park the once around tonight , but I doubt I'll find anything over 16 never mind Cadaver's.

If I do I will report and stand corrected :)

Rude Boi
02-09-04, 18:45
i try to avoid PP cos if ur hunting mobs in the middle of the park on your own, and u get into trouble your screwed, and theres no point being there if your too high for it

Shujin
02-09-04, 22:05
Was that a mission or an ambush or something because Perez Park is only meant to spawn up to lvl 14 ?

Also Cadaver's are only lvl 1-10 .......... Dr Vahz the Arch Villain is only spawned at 15-22.

I may give Perez Park the once around tonight , but I doubt I'll find anything over 16 never mind Cadaver's.

If I do I will report and stand corrected :)
O_o they do go to level 16, because ive seen many of them in parez park and rarely in kinds row.

but i havent played for a long time so they might have changed that.

Sorontar
02-09-04, 23:22
Long time ?

Do you mean in beta or in retail ?

Just had a blast around PP and Boom and cannot spot a single Cadaver above ten. They are always the ones that drop first as they are usually the lowest in the group.

Anyway just because I didn't see it ,doesn't mean they aren't there if you say you spotted them I suppose. It'll be something I'll look for just for the uniqueness now :p

So Vendetta Online anyone ? Not on anyones wish list i take it . :D

Biznatchy
03-09-04, 17:03
Hey nid here is a tread thats 3 pages of talking about another game but you removed the post on the one game that shall not be mentioned.

silly

ill go look for more