PDA

View Full Version : Video editors

Shelty1
31-08-04, 18:32
Can anyone recomend a simple movie editor that is quick and easy to use.
(not Windows movie maker 2 pls :P) it wants me to run auto update to use it...and i dont feel safe with them probing my computer :P

K0vert
31-08-04, 18:35
Adobe premeire

Spermy
31-08-04, 18:38
Adobe premeire

Simple?! :lol:

Shelty1
31-08-04, 18:41

Any alternative suggestions ?

Spermy
31-08-04, 18:43
Any alternative suggestions ?

You want simple - your gonna have to plump for freeware or stick with windows unfortunately. Just google your needs and freeware should pop up at some point.

K0vert
31-08-04, 18:47
It really doesn't take to long to get to know it. Like photoshop you can get the basic's down pretty fast. Once you get used to it then you can try the rest of it out.

Koshinn
31-08-04, 18:49
Apple's iMovie. lol.

Morpheous
31-08-04, 20:35
Apple's iMovie. lol.
Available for windows? :p

Phlith
31-08-04, 20:52
Try "colorful movie editor" free, and easy.

SilentEye
31-08-04, 20:56
Use what I use.

Sony's Vegas 5.0

r0ti0n
31-08-04, 21:07
pshh my computer came with Window's Movie Maker

leetest program evar! :O

dark_reaper
31-08-04, 21:15
I am an editor, If you have a Mac computer I would highly recommend Final Cut Pro, very easy to use and is consider the best Non-Linear editor in the world. It is used on alot of movies. For windows I would, recommend either Discreet or Avid, check thier websites, Adobe Premere and premere pro sucks major ASS! Do not go with that. Or just be like me. Own Sony PD-170, 2 g5 macs for editing only, Arii soft light kit one or two I cant remember. You can own all of that for maybe a little more than $8000. And make it all back in a few weeks :) Damn I love my job :D :lol:

Spermy
31-08-04, 21:33
I am an editor, If you have a Mac computer I would highly recommend Final Cut Pro, very easy to use and is consider the best Non-Linear editor in the world. It is used on alot of movies. For windows I would, recommend either Discreet or Avid, check thier websites, Adobe Premere and premere pro sucks major ASS! Do not go with that. Or just be like me. Own Sony PD-170, 2 g5 macs for editing only, Arii soft light kit one or two I cant remember. You can own all of that for maybe a little more than $8000. And make it all back in a few weeks :) Damn I love my job :D :lol:

Aaah soon that will be me... assuming this psych course doesn't kick my ass...

Just realised with Two Fulltime majors - I have about 30 hours of lectures, Plus Reading up and work, then I need a job - I have a band to practise with - A promo CD to make and NC VERY occasionally - Plus It is imperitive that I get drunk off my ass at least 12 times a week, I am a student after all!

Can he make it? YOU decide! :lol:

Eddie
31-08-04, 22:53
Something like VirtualDub?

Eddie

Saza
31-08-04, 22:54
Read the title. Immediately thought: Adobe Premiere. There is no alternative.

Yes. It's extremely easy to use, and to learn all the features will take a day at the most. I self-taught myself 90% of the stuff on Premiere.

dark_reaper
01-09-04, 03:50
People Adobe premere Sucks major ass, Sony Vega also sucks major ass. If you want to go Professional go Pro.
I have tried most of the editors and the first one I used is Pinnacle, It is good for its range, better than Adobe. Adobe is only good for stills and nothing else. Sony sence it is Japanese you will have to buy alot of other parts, It requires alot of shit.
The top non-linear editing is Final Cut Pro, my god that is awsome, you can do just about everything. The only bad thing is that it is only for Mac. The top two editing for windows is Avid or Discreet( as if the same guys that make 3ds max). I may have just started schools, but I am in the Industry, but mostly corporate, We also did several stuff for EA games.
Adobe is easy, but Avid or Discreet are easy and simple. Here are a few old examples from an earlier version of Final Cut Pro and Media 100's.
www.ccom-e.net

Roc-a-fella
01-09-04, 04:02
Anyone know anything that can record video game movies and is free?

FatDogg
01-09-04, 06:09
Final Cut Pro > all

dark_reaper
01-09-04, 06:17
Anyone know anything that can record video game movies and is free?
fraps.

Ryuben
01-09-04, 06:29
http://www.planetgamecam.com