PDA

View Full Version : Why Do The Players On Saturn Suck So Bad?

SuperSeb
31-08-04, 17:10
Firstly i have to say im not that good at playing/trading on Neocron. I havnt been playing that long and i managed to get myself a 5 slot ultimated DG. After i got bored of it I managed to trade it for a 3 slot ultimated CS. There was only one problem, I couldnt get it onto my HC tank to use it. So, I started talking to someone called [ edited ] and decided that I could trust him enough to hold the CS, a marines, moveon and pp resister. So I asked him and he said he would. I logged out, waited till I could log onto my other char then logged in. I went back to Plaza 2 and guess what HE WAS GONE. I tried DM him but he was offline. Today I saw him again in Plaza 2. Firstly he traded my Marines for a Zerk 2. Then sold my moveon for 1 NC. And then the worst, he threw my CS in the air for someone to catch. Thats just not right, I finally thought that maybe just maybe I would be able to shoot someone and actually kill them but no he had to ruin that for me. I would just like to say thanks and that I think im going to leave Neocron so that means they lose out on that bit of money from me every month. All thanks to [ edited ] on the Saturn server.

Lachlan
31-08-04, 17:14
What made you think you could trust him?

Sorry to break the news to you, but the only person you should be pissed at is yourself.

cRazy2003
31-08-04, 17:18
its your own fault to trust people like that, but people like that are fucked up, pritty shitty. theres only a few people id ever trust and id never trust anyone with my account details, never have and never will, for example id trust someone like remus with one or two items, i may not like him, i may actually dispise him :p but i know him well enough, well maybe not now anyways :p

-Demon-
DTA applies here.

Don't Trust Anybody.

I really would give a random person some stuff esp some pretty good stuff as you describe.
Certainly sounds like hes rp'ing his name right damn crazy trading a marine for a zerk2 and throwing a cs lol.

ezza
yup sry dude but you should never pass your stuff to anyone you dont know well.

hudsonbeck
31-08-04, 17:19
Firstly i have to say im not that good at playing/trading on Neocron. I havnt been playing that long and i managed to get myself a 5 slot ultimated DG. After i got bored of it I managed to trade it for a 3 slot ultimated CS. There was only one problem, I couldnt get it onto my HC tank to use it. So, I started talking to someone called [ edited ] and decided that I could trust him enough to hold the CS, a marines, moveon and pp resister. So I asked him and he said he would. I logged out, waited till I could log onto my other char then logged in. I went back to Plaza 2 and guess what HE WAS GONE. I tried DM him but he was offline. Today I saw him again in Plaza 2. Firstly he traded my Marines for a Zerk 2. Then sold my moveon for 1 NC. And then the worst, he threw my CS in the air for someone to catch. Thats just not right, I finally thought that maybe just maybe I would be able to shoot someone and actually kill them but no he had to ruin that for me. I would just like to say thanks and that I think im going to leave Neocron so that means they lose out on that bit of money from me every month. All thanks to [ edited ] on the Saturn server.
Sorry that happened to you, it really sucks. If you like, I can help you get some stuff. I think i got an extra CS lying around, a few marine parts and as for the PP Resistor it would have been deleted in a few weeks anyway.

So, if your interested, I can help.

also i will keep an eye out for this guy ;)

H

cRazy2003
DTA applies here.

Don't Trust Anybody.

I really would give a random person some stuff esp some pretty good stuff as you describe.
Certainly sounds like hes rp'ing his name right damn crazy trading a marine for a zerk2 and throwing a cs lol.

but i wouldnt do that and im called crazy :(

and throw the CS in the wastelands so noone would get it :p

garyu69
You get robbed in RL and you can get robbed in game.

Only trust those you can.

JustIn_Case
31-08-04, 17:21
Ill better hurry to type this before "Keep it ingame thread closed appear"...

Dont hand over stuff to strangers like that.....

It's not Saturns fault. Saturn has a few issues, but you cant Blame Saturn for this...

Well, the Epic items wasnt such a big loss since they will get wiped soon anyway, to bad about the CS though.

LiL T
31-08-04, 17:22
First I would not mention his name on here though I know hes BD I will pk him over and over cause that is lame yeah what an arsehole. But serously you should not have trusted him if you needed to transfer items do by going into an apartment dumping the items outside the door. Wait for a few mins to make sure noone zones in due to bugs then log your other char and go up into the appy with him and collect off the floor. The items won't disappear for a long time so you got plenty of time I do all my repairing an ressearching constructing my self this way.

-Demon-
31-08-04, 17:24
but i wouldnt do that and im called crazy :(

and throw the CS in the wastelands so noone would get it :p

Well of course..I didn't he was the craziest now did I? :lol:

Oh and the above post don't always do that cause sometimes the items dissapear a clanmate lost a fair few rares to this...how we laughed at him and his noobness.

KazuYa.
31-08-04, 17:39
[ edited ]

shend
31-08-04, 17:41
soon these 'saturn sucks' threads will be gone...
so enjoy it while you can :lol:

never ever trust anyone

-=Daz=-
31-08-04, 17:47
soon these 'saturn sucks' threads will be gone...
so enjoy it while you can :lol:

never ever trust anyone

lol yeh itll be International server sucks an u can get flamed by pretty much everyone :lol:

Jonax
31-08-04, 17:52
DTA applies here.

DTA applies anywhere in the game. No person should be trusted necessarily from the start - Trust is earned.

"Screw me for my Archer Companion Rifle, your fault. Screw me for my Cursed Soul, my fault" ;)

Shelty1
31-08-04, 18:29
Same happened to me when i was new, i fell for the *im a barter* trick :(

Luckily it was only 300k i lost..but god how it pissed me off, it was my worldly wealth after about a month of playing (beginning of retail btw when money had some worth). I stopped playing for about a month...but the game drew me back...and..well..im still here.....god knows why.

Ul get over it...give the game a break for a bit and ur wounds will heal ;)

alig
31-08-04, 18:47
I never ask anyone to hold my shit. Why didnt you just go to your apt, throw it on the floor and pick it up again with your alt (you wait at least 10 seconds before hand to make sure no one synchs into your apt through that bug). Theres a slight chance it might vanish but at least your embarising happenings would only be kept to yourself. Ive got stuff thrown on the floors in my aptfrom like a couple weeks ago.

ezza
31-08-04, 18:48
Same happened to me when i was new, i fell for the *im a barter* trick :(

Luckily it was only 300k i lost..but god how it pissed me off, it was my worldly wealth after about a month of playing (beginning of retail btw when money had some worth). I stopped playing for about a month...but the game drew me back...and..well..im still here.....god knows why.

Ul get over it...give the game a break for a bit and ur wounds will heal ;)
ive seen people fall for the "im a high level repper" trick when the guy was a 0/2 tank :rolleyes:

Ryman
31-08-04, 19:03
I got people ingame that i would trust with anything......they are not real life friends , just people ive met in NC , which suprised me to hear that one of them blatantly ripped someone off (for what ever reason i dont agree and think it sux) and another person i got to know quite well done something similar.... so i suppose its not who you know but how well you get on with them and know them .

Shadow Dancer
31-08-04, 19:07
DTA applies here.

Don't Trust Anybody.

Yup. There's very very few people I trust enough to give them my most valuable items to *hold* for me.

SuperSeb you learned a valuable lesson. I know it sucks, but now you know better for next time.

I think that last time I was truly tricked where I had 100% trust in someone, was in UO. I remember when I was a noob and some warrior in armor said "come to my house I got free stuff". I didn't know strangers in someone's house appeared grey to them. :mad:

Anyways, i'm sure you can get another valuable cs.

Lachlan
31-08-04, 19:07
Had a RL friend in-game who had been using a particular constructor for several months. At the time he got the parts for his brand-new marine, he took the parts his favorite constructor.

Only he didn't know that the constructor was actually being played by the guy's brother and that brother had just been PK'd by one of my friend's clanmates.

You can guess what happened...

ezza
31-08-04, 19:08
some people are far to trusting, ive had on more than one occasion some random guy who happened to see me standing around ask me to hold stuff while they tranfer from char to char.

they lucky im a nice person and stuck around to give them there stuff

Shadow Dancer
31-08-04, 19:09
some people are far to trusting, ive had on more than one occasion some random guy who happened to see me standing around ask me to hold stuff while they tranfer from char to char.

lmfao, me too Ezza. I remember within an hour of meeting a guy(who was constructing stuff for me) he said "I gotta log, here's the username/pw to my alt, he'll have the items".

Lucky for him, i'm a shining example of decency and honesty. *dodges fruit*

joran420
31-08-04, 19:12
most ppl are actually pretty trustworthy.....just make sure you're dealing with someone who is known

Shadow Dancer
31-08-04, 19:17
most ppl are actually pretty trustworthy....

What are you smoking? :p

Anybody remember that thread of "secrets" where posters said all the f*cked up stuff they did in the past?

ezza
31-08-04, 19:25
most ppl are actually pretty trustworthy.....just make sure you're dealing with someone who is known
i disagree i know theres a hell of a lot of people i wouldnt trust to handle my stuff.

only twice in my entire player time in this game have i trusted a outside of clan/friends with stuff.

one was DontMess got him to rep one of my tank rares.

and Dr Quinn on pluto needed some melee stuff repping on my melee tank even though i was BD and i only heard of her rep thankfully she gave me my rares back to me :)

generally though i wouldnt even trust 1/2 the people in my faction.

thou also i know they proberbly dont trust me either :lol:

Xian
31-08-04, 19:30
I trust the majority of the people in my clan or those I've been playing with for a damn long time, and that's about it.

Thing is, deception is one of the things I think should be pretty consistant in Neocron - it's not exactly set in a place full of people holding hands. :)

Judge
31-08-04, 20:02
Most of the guys I trust in the game have left. Sucks.

maggotcorpse
31-08-04, 21:34
@SuperSeb
Just one Question. How long did you talk to this Guy until you decided you can trust him?

Tostino
31-08-04, 22:11

LOL I have had about 5-6 ppl have me do that for them after i have only known them for like 20 min...

Oh and i didnt take there stuff :rolleyes:

Terayon
31-08-04, 22:30
wow... since ive been playing neocron (a long time) i have never been robbed of anything. just yesterday i transfered a resistor 3 mil a rog and a pe over to my pe. if they are a mid lvl-high lvl cster or resser or any tradeskiller they can usaly be trusted. they have a rep to keep and if they lose that they will be out of work. then there are always crates. use a crate behind the yo's vendors or somthing. i actualy has a clannie who lost his herc to a guy he used to tranfer it.

NS_CHROME54
01-09-04, 01:42
long time ago i would trust my entire faction (fa at the time) to hold stuff for me, cause back then we were a real tight group. sadly, that is no more.

nowadays, i'll ONLY trust my clan (i'm dre), or other ppl i already know well and play with often.

-REMUS-
01-09-04, 02:00
there are maybe 4 or 5 people, i would always trust with my stuff.

also people like rena chan on pluto who have no need to steal anything, i would trust too.

Basically you think you know someone online, but you don't. You have never met the person so why should he/she show loyalty?

I know one person that i have played nc with and met in rl and that was on uranus.

I would sooner take my chances with a damn box to transfer stuff, than some one i met the same day.

amfest
01-09-04, 02:00
Well you can't always really trust the most trusting person cause those people tend to "share" their accounts :p so you never know if an untrusting person is on their account ;)

the only people I pretty much trust are the people who actually give me high level rares for free and such to help out. Even so I"m not that concerned about it.

As for transferring stuff I suggest finding an out of the way place and dropping them into a box (well make sure to get there with your alt first and log out. There are out of the way places that contain boxes all over. Anyhow in this game you can get stiffed. It does give atmosphere imo. Although selling it for 1nc and throwing stuff into the air isn't right. They should of at least sold it or traded it for something of worth to give the evil scammer RP bit. But I guess it wasn't RP but someone just being an Ass.

There are people who will play the nice guy to "get" you to trust them. ;)

Clownst0pper
01-09-04, 02:10
As the saying goes...

"Fools rush in, where l337s look at the rank"