PDA

View Full Version : doy, crahn epic glove

Kopaka
31-08-04, 14:54
i can feel this coming up in a few weeks.. and ppl are gonna whine about it

doesnt that glove give 20 psu and 20 ppw?
monks are sooooo gonna get overpowered :D

Sakletare
31-08-04, 14:57
Read this: http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/Implantate.htm
PSI 40 req
PSU +20, Mana +50 (not PPW)

Kopaka
31-08-04, 15:01
hmm i know i read +20 ppw somewhere.

but +50 mana would mind :p
its all cool with me.
was just wondering IF we got the +20 PPW.. we would be so more overpowered then we already are (face it, apu/ppu combo is pratically unstoppable)
PPUs would get their rank 95/xx or higher back, thats something i dont want

Mr Kot
31-08-04, 15:04
monks are sooooo gonna get overpowered

i dunno, my PE is quite looking forward to dabbling with it. Lets see if i can get 40/min outta my 5 slot shelter :D

garyu69
31-08-04, 15:05
it will make the hybrid more stronger with their pool being increased by 50 i guess.

Original monk
31-08-04, 15:07
it will make the hybrid more stronger with their pool being increased by 50 i guess.

yeah, more casts and faster casts

fine with me :P

ezza
31-08-04, 15:11
yeah, more casts and faster casts

fine with me :P
yup yup, all good to me ;)

saves me having to take drugs to get a nice RoF on my HL and FA anyway :lol:

greendonkeyuk
31-08-04, 15:11
and pes can drug to use it for what benefit it will give along with the haz/heat/basic3 buffs. Not a bad plan at all. I like it.

ezza
31-08-04, 15:12
and pes can drug to use it for what benefit it will give along with the haz/heat/basic3 buffs. Not a bad plan at all. I like it.
hmm good point, lets raise it to psi 50 instead :p

garyu69
31-08-04, 15:13
hmm good point, lets raise it to psi 50 instead :p
i'm gonna keel you with my PE

ezza
31-08-04, 15:17
i'm gonna keel you with my PE
HAR HAR we shall see we shall see :p

jnifoo
31-08-04, 15:18
Check the poke of monks: no eye at all, no nerv at all, so a glove could help them have a good tradeskill, or poke & hack with run cast for a ppu.
Anyway, when you have capped you cast, it is no use to have such a too high lvl in psi use

The_Tyrant^
31-08-04, 15:18
guna need psi bootah 4's

Underground
31-08-04, 15:19
The glove isnt like that anymore, its apparently a seperate APU and PPU one to stop hybrids getting a bonus.

ezza
31-08-04, 15:22
The glove isnt like that anymore, its apparently a seperate APU and PPU one to stop hybrids getting a bonus.
lame, it wouldnt over power hybrids anyway, its not its going to allow us to use holy defence and HL attack

Ch1n Th3 M4g
31-08-04, 15:25
well wot eva they do
im going 2 need 1 with each of my char
lucky im making a crahn clan after pp/bt epics :D

ZzarGladius
31-08-04, 15:58
ehhh, that sux if it is an apu and ppu glove. The only overpowered hybrids are blessed hybrids . . .the apu hybrids are most def not overpowered. They shouldn't be punished by not being able to use this epic item.

-Demon-
31-08-04, 16:20
I hate to say this but the PEs posting here are you sure that you are even going to be able to use it?

I can see the glove being a class restricted item, not a faction only item. I guess time will tell on that one.

Also I don't see it as overpowering as such...I will still have my anti-buff with a increase as well as my spirit mod spy ;)

Morganth
31-08-04, 16:25
well wot eva they do
im going 2 need 1 with each of my char
lucky im making a crahn clan after pp/bt epics :D

Crahn already has enough clans for now. And aren't you in Tangent at the mo (and the only active Tangent clan)? If you are, you won't be very well received within Crahn by most of us.

EDIT:

On topic, I don't think it will make monks that much more "overpowered" as I think every high level monkey will have one, so it will be balanced.

Underground
31-08-04, 16:27
Crahn already has enough clans for now. And aren't you in Tangent at the mo (and the only active Tangent clan)? If you are, you won't be very well received within Crahn by most of us.

EDIT:

On topic, I don't think it will make monks that much more "overpowered" as I think every high level monkey will have one, so it will be balanced.

yea because monks are the only class in neocron :wtf:

Morganth
31-08-04, 16:33

Well, if every monk has one, then monks are at no disadvantage to each other. So the other classes miss out, what a shame. Crahn is a religion, the followers of Crahn are all monks (no, not the clan :rolleyes: ). Why would a Crahn epic item be of any use to any class other than the one it is made up of? Makes no sense. That would be like the Mercs making the Speed Gat for tradeskillers, when they are all about fighting.

ezza
31-08-04, 16:35
hey once upon a time we were all monks :p

Original monk
31-08-04, 16:37

yeah ! arent they then ? :P

BUT if they would make the glove apu/ppu only then it would be most sucky lol, since introduction of the epics im waiting for a glove like this for my hybrid :/

a apu or ppu doesnt actually need this glove (maybe as said before so they can tradeskill a bit yeah :/ ), the true ones needing the glove are hybrids :/

not like hybrids are overpowerd :/ not even the blessed ones cause they can be taken out the same way ya take out a ppu :/ everything in neocron can be killed ...

as an extra: they should even make the regular firehalo 120 apureq and the holy poisonhalo 122 apureq ... so atleast 50/50 hybrids have some extra options to choose besides energy and a littlebit of forcedamage :/

edit: i can see the shit commin allready ... how about a solution that doesnt involve monkey's bla bla ... aslong as a simple PE can take out anything on its own its ok ... but as soon this isnt the case then ya get troubles on this forum :/

think the onlything these people want is a spiritmod being sold in A&W for 2K and making it fit on every rifle and pistol ... so that if the PE likes he can kill the fully capped defensive orientated monkey (and hybridmonkey) with yust a few shots of the spiritmodded tl 63 smg or a spiritmodded TAR ...

Morganth
31-08-04, 16:38
hey once upon a time we were all monks :p

Yeah, Monks were first. They then created Gen-Tanks. Then somewhere along the line Spy's popped out. Then PEs were made as "The Crap of all Trades". Monks > *

:p

garyu69
31-08-04, 16:41
they can be taken out the same way ya take out a ppu
Thats just wrong though. o_O

Original monk
31-08-04, 16:43
Thats just wrong though. o_O

then ya didnt even read my edit :P

and why is it wrong ? they invest half or more of there total points in ppu ...

garyu69
31-08-04, 16:47

and why is it wrong ? they invest half or more of there total points in ppu ...
So why should it take the same force needed to take a PPU down.

An APU cannot take a Hybrid down alone, whereas they could take a PPU down alone. 8|

and i don't see a spirit mod being added like that anytime soon. Think of the outcry from PPU's

Original monk
31-08-04, 16:52
So why should it take the same force needed to take a PPU down.

An APU cannot take a Hybrid down alone, whereas they could take a PPU down alone. 8|

and i don't see a spirit mod being added like that anytime soon. Think of the outcry from PPU's

an apu can take a hybrid on its own, he yust gotta be clever and cannot give the hybrid any room to attack em :)

btw, ya say this probably cause the hybrid can attack the apu while the pau's antibuffing ... my monk can also attack a apu antibuffing ya know .. thanx to an ultimated phosphor assaultrifle :P and owyeah it sure hurts apu's :)

edit: gotta go now: its dentist time for me jipieee ! :P
edit2: yeah demon, ffcourse they would be :)

-Demon-
31-08-04, 16:52
Spirit mod in stores rofl, I don't think anyone has said that ever on here that I've seen.

At the very least it should kept as it or maybe at a push rare parts or some sort of run.

I think the way it is now thats fine...and I'm a spy. Spirit modded pistols would be stupid and overpowered to the max.

Birkoff
31-08-04, 16:59
Not being able to use it on hybrids is just lame. PPUs cab affored to tradeskill as it is :/ hybrids are the ones that need it due to insane small pools.

And spirit mods store bought? Oh dear? Yet another true rare out the window hope that never happens.

Vampire222
31-08-04, 17:08
Lets see how it is in open beta, then we can whine about it all we want :lol:

virgil caine
31-08-04, 17:13
Only drawback is killing one of the ceres cyborgs as a PPU ...not something I look foreward to again. took like 2 hours with holy parashock bolt doing 4 dmg per hit. Soul clusters were attacking the caster at the time so it was no help; maybe be easier now.

Hmmmm with the new epic runs may not be a problem.

Sakletare
31-08-04, 17:35
Only drawback is killing one of the ceres cyborgs as a PPU ...not something I look foreward to again. took like 2 hours with holy parashock bolt doing 4 dmg per hit. Soul clusters were attacking the caster at the time so it was no help; maybe be easier now.

Hmmmm with the new epic runs may not be a problem.
When my PPU did the TG epic, i used dmg boost, para, melee buff and a baseball bat. Didn't take that long. :)

Scikar
31-08-04, 17:45

and why is it wrong ? they invest half or more of there total points in ppu ...I put almost all of my CON points in resists and body health as a Tank. Why can't I have such good defence? It's the same logic. So what if a hybrid puts half his points in ppu (which is PASSIVE, not DEFENSIVE)? He also put half his points in apu which clearly counters it.

Underground
31-08-04, 18:03
I put almost all of my CON points in resists and body health as a Tank. Why can't I have such good defence? It's the same logic. So what if a hybrid puts half his points in ppu (which is PASSIVE, not DEFENSIVE)? He also put half his points in apu which clearly counters it.

Thing is the PE def hybrids have half their PSI in APU, and still has better offence then your tank with his CS and _ALL_ STR into HC...

plague
31-08-04, 18:09
Thing is the PE def hybrids have half their PSI in APU, and still has better offence then your tank with his CS and _ALL_ STR into HC...

lol with psi attack 2 ? r u kidding me it does sht dmg, only if u cookie cutter gimp no force setup tank u get killed....apu's deal with them fine so do other clases....

Scikar
31-08-04, 18:24
lol with psi attack 2 ? r u kidding me it does sht dmg, only if u cookie cutter gimp no force setup tank u get killed....apu's deal with them fine so do other clases....
He said PE defence hybrids, i.e. those with energy beam/HL...

Also Psi Attack 2 isn't as simple as needing resist force. It deals the same damage as holy energy halo to a PE, yet the PE has 200 force armor and blessed deflector as opposed to 150 energy armor at best and shelter. Psi Attack 2 has always been overpowered for its TL, it's just never been a problem until now it's a primary weapon of hybrids.

..i..DemonX
31-08-04, 18:31

Also Psi Attack 2 isn't as simple as needing resist force. It deals the same damage as holy energy halo to a PE, yet the PE has 200 force armor and blessed deflector as opposed to 150 energy armor at best and shelter. Psi Attack 2 has always been overpowered for its TL, it's just never been a problem until now it's a primary weapon of hybrids.

Beside that no class will deal fine with them, cuz those with Psi Attack2 use at least blessed defence (i know a set up with holy as well). So they are not beatable realy, sure in OP's they well useless but beside that in any 1vs1 they wont get beat!

And on Topic:

I dont see why Monks would be overpowerd then? Sure its a lower level boost of Hybrids still they wont be that much better then they are yet. Beside that a 50 mana pool + is not even 2 HL's realy not see how it would overpower anybody.

If u not whant a high CR skill ur PSI so that u wont have 400+ mana and u wont be near the 90's in CR.

Oh be4 i forgot we should start nerf threads about the TSU Epic reward as well then! Or just nerf all Epic items to dead!

plague
31-08-04, 18:32

:p even better if they pe defence they r very soft not even near tanks defence..

as for pe taking dmg like from energy halo i seriously doubt that, i got pe with blessed deff and caped force i take from 6-10 max dmg per hit and outheal it with ease.... ;)

..i..DemonX
31-08-04, 18:37
:p even better if they pe defence they r very soft not even near tanks..

as for pe taking dmg like from energy halo i seriously doubt that, i got pe with blessed deff and caped forve i take from 6-10 max dmg per hit and outheal it with ease.... ;)

That i will see, i doubt i saw some good PE's fight against a PSI Attack2 Hybrid and none of them was able to complete outheal. Or u talk without be DBed?

plague
31-08-04, 18:43
That i will see, i doubt i saw some good PE's fight against a PSI Attack2 Hybrid and none of them was able to complete outheal. Or u talk without be DBed?
yes db'ed ..... and paraed, teh blessed hybrids got nothing on pe's....i got both, caped blessed hybrid and caped pe on 2 separate accounts, so i did plenty of testing......

Scikar
31-08-04, 18:43
:p even better if they pe defence they r very soft not even near tanks..They are actually very close to Tank defence. PE defence hybrids cap their shelter, unlike PEs, and they have monk armor on top of that. With a bit of knowledge about resists they can easily match a Tank for defence in all areas bar health. They just deal much more damage and aren't slowed down by drawing their weapons.

as for pe taking dmg like from energy halo i seriously doubt that, i got pe with blessed deff and caped forve i take from 6-10 max dmg per hit and outheal it with ease.... ;)You won't take much from holy energy halo without a damage boost either. Good job blessed hybrids cast DB as fast as you cast heal eh?

plague
31-08-04, 19:09
They are actually very close to Tank defence. PE defence hybrids cap their shelter, unlike PEs, and they have monk armor on top of that. With a bit of knowledge about resists they can easily match a Tank for defence in all areas bar health. They just deal much more damage and aren't slowed down by drawing their weapons.

You won't take much from holy energy halo without a damage boost either. Good job blessed hybrids cast DB as fast as you cast heal eh?

well, u can belive what ever u want, i got 2 accounts and i tried evrything i argue about, but no reason to argue becouse nothing gonna change about hybrids anyway.......

Shadow Dancer
31-08-04, 19:29
It's fine. Hybrids should be able to use it. It won't overpower anyone, except the already overpowered blessed hybs.

Now if it was +50 ppw, then I could see the complaints.

ezza
31-08-04, 19:31
It's fine. Hybrids should be able to use it. It won't overpower anyone, except the already overpowered blessed hybs.

rofl ya my hybrids would be back to capping there APU stuff and there ppu

Original monk
31-08-04, 20:49

well, i would like to have sumthing as a batqueenarm but then for my hybridmonkey :P (+40 mellee with a bone, only other thing that gives +40 mellee is a kamichip but it also gives minus int, energy and pierce ...)

so a littlebit ppw would be cool yeah ... or maybe yust another rare, a glove that does +5 apu +5 ppu and +5 ppw, not an epic but yust a glove like the tradeskillergloves :P

lemme be happy about the glove mmkay i yust came from the dentist and all these smiley's are yust to cover up my true deep angry hatefull sadistic feelings towards dentists in general :/ its all i can think about atm, tooth and dentists :/

so i better stop postin for today, im up to bed early :/

Shadow Dancer
31-08-04, 20:51
Heh, I hope you feel better Original. :)

Original monk
31-08-04, 21:43
Heh, I hope you feel better Original. :)

yeah thanx shadow dancer, some medication helped me on track :) now im really off to bed tough :)

worsed thing off all is that i brush my teeth daily like a madman, freaky carefull with my teeth as it is, thinking this would never happen to me, and still it did lol :eek: some holes :(

im such a wussy, certainly when it comes to the subject "teeth" :P

Crackitakk
31-08-04, 23:32
That is innacurate, i herd a gm tell me theres no requirements

Omnituens
31-08-04, 23:56
Im going to slap some KK employees about if that happens.

Kopaka
01-09-04, 01:46
Well, if every monk has one, then monks are at no disadvantage to each other. So the other classes miss out, what a shame.

the glove doesnt add godlike skills tho :p

"oh yeh i g0t the crahn glove no1 can pwn meh n0w"
its not like that :p the glove doesnt make u invinsible, i meant my statement in the starter post about monks vs other classes, not monk vs monk.

the glove..
20 PSU.. i got 214.. that should be enuff o_O
50 more mana? im at 398.. i got enough :p

i'd be going for poke tho, since i got glove, spy3 buff and the drugs i dont need much in implant to poke 115. and still be able to runcast. thats mainly why i want the glove, getting my implant skill back.
if its faction only.. that would suck. i dont think KK will do that, i hope not

Kopaka
01-09-04, 01:58
An APU cannot take a Hybrid down alone

wanna bet? :p

specially when hybrid forgets to buff after hes being antibuffed (yes i fought a hybrid who forgot to rebuff..)

but in a 1 on 1 where the hybrid is a bit smarter than the one i was fighting..
yeh hybrid > apu.

but its all in the PvP skills one got imho.
dont say hybrids are overpowered cuz the hybrids i know (the really good ones) know what they're doing to stay alive. they take the time to come up with a good setup, test it thoroughly and get the good spells and the right mods for the spells. *remembers smurf 1*

imo monks are fine the way they are now.
PEs could get a lil somethin' something tho. think most ppl think they are the weakest class atm.

monks got hybrids, antibuff, holy buffs (apu/ppu)
spies got spirit SH, stealth
tanks got.. CS/Rav/Dev/Speedgat etc etc
PEs got..gotta drug to use proper weapons and armor :wtf:

/edit> sorry for double post Nid

/double edit: plz close this thread, subject is something else now then crahn epic glove. so it can be closed plz Nid ;)

Morganth
01-09-04, 05:45
I'd be happy if this glove gave a small APU and PPU bonus (so hybrids benefit) and maybe a MST boost just to make it look nice.

OT: Oh, and I hope DoY brings something nice for PEs to play with, as they are falling behind the individuality front. At the mo PEs are just either Spies or Tanks in terms of the weapons they can use, there needs to be something that makes them different from the other classes (that isn't the PA of course :p ).

ZzarGladius
01-09-04, 06:03
Maybe I was just a sucky hybrid when I used to have blessed defense, but it seemed against a decent apu I was playing so much on defence trying to stay alive that it was hard to mount any sizable offense.

That was when I could use HL. Now with Psi attack 2 as my main offensive weapon, I wouldn't be able to mount enough consistant offense to take down the good apu's on pluto.

But like I said, I never was one of the super over powered hybrids with unbelievable setups.

Ch1n Th3 M4g
01-09-04, 15:38

O_o dont think i care wot u think
i got many mates on uranus and saturn that up for some crahn action
and btw
i am old skool crahn VENOM style :D
have been since beta

kktatabyenow :p

Morganth
02-09-04, 00:21
O_o dont think i care wot u think
i got many mates on uranus and saturn that up for some crahn action
and btw
i am old skool crahn VENOM style :D
have been since beta

kktatabyenow :p

I couldn't care less if you were in Crahn during beta. Fact is you are TT, and most Crahnites don't like anyone related to them. Good luck.

Kopaka
02-09-04, 12:52
thread closed at starters request

N

(plz close this thread)