PDA

View Full Version : Question about open beta

Crackitakk
31-08-04, 10:56
I was reading the faq, and it sed like

Will we be able to transfer our characters once the open beta begins or only at the retail start?

The upgrade of an existing account to Neocron 2 and therefore the final transfer of characters from Neocron 1 to Neocron 2 will be available from the 29th of September on. We will however enable the character transfer (without deleting the chars from the Neocron 1 database) during the beta to test the system. That way both we and the customers will be able to familiarize ourselves with the system.

now does that meen we can transfer our charactors to open beta????????

mishkin
31-08-04, 10:59
Will we be able to transfer our characters once the open beta begins or only at the retail start?

Once the open beta begins, but you'll have to do it again when retail comes...

Ch1n Th3 M4g
31-08-04, 11:05
Once the open beta begins, but you'll have to do it again when retail comes...

damm so no lvling at first
pvp though :D

Spermy
31-08-04, 12:11
damm so no lvling at first
pvp though :D

Watch ur back dude!!! :angel:

Ch1n Th3 M4g
31-08-04, 12:24
Watch ur back dude!!! :angel:

just like 2 say gl :lol:

..i..DemonX
31-08-04, 14:47
Well its still a Beta, we are able to use our Retail Chars to mainly test the Programm (if the QB & Amor & Imps come over). We still should mainly TEST!! things in Beta and report Bugs so they can get fixed instead of PvP 24/7 till NC2 Retail!
Cuz i would like to see no / realy less bugs in NC2 then in NC! And that should be main traget for us all!

Richard Slade
31-08-04, 15:35
Think "Test Server"

Ch1n Th3 M4g
31-08-04, 15:40
Na fuck it

PVP :D

-Demon-
31-08-04, 16:38
I would hope that open beta would have the same rules as test server.

No good trying to test stuff out and then getting pked by some idiot.

garyu69
31-08-04, 16:43
I think Open beta should be all in.

How else are they going to test the game as it is meant to be played?

If you want to go look around at everything just make an LE'ed char.

-Demon-
31-08-04, 16:49

In theory yes I agree...I can see some people being idiots but oh well guess it will show what 1 international server will be like :)

To test pvp just agree between two ppl thats fine with me and thats how it works on the test server.

Scikar
31-08-04, 18:28

PKing doesn't need to be tested. It was said a while back that there simply isn't time in the beta for PvP balance to be tested, so there aren't any changes there to test. If anything does need to be looked at, then PvP is still allowed so long as both parties agree to it. When it comes to stress testing, there's nothing stopping large OP wars. But allowing random ganking will see less things tested rather than more.

Spermy
31-08-04, 18:46
I'm really looking forward to the ceres skills, and I'm saving a slot on my account to test out the more refined character creation.

New setup

Tank - Head scratcher
APU - poker
Spy - Rifle Conster
Next slot will probably be Spy - Pistol Ress.

ariall
31-08-04, 20:44
So we can tranfer our chars + 10 QB items + armor + implants to the open beta server? What if I loose an item during the play of the beta, can I still transfer that item to NC 2 retail?
And what happen when I "upgrade"my chars to the open beta,can I still play NC 1?

Shadow Dancer
31-08-04, 20:45
So we can tranfer our chars + 10 QB items + armor + implants to the open beta server? What if I loose an item during the play of the beta, can I still transfer that item to NC 2 retail?
And what happen when I "upgrade"my chars to the open beta,can I still play NC 1?

You're not "upgrading" to open beta. Because NC2 will use your retail chars from NC1, not the open beta chars of NC2.

Kratos
31-08-04, 23:48
Well its still a Beta, we are able to use our Retail Chars to mainly test the Programm (if the QB & Amor & Imps come over). We still should mainly TEST!! things in Beta and report Bugs so they can get fixed instead of PvP 24/7 till NC2 Retail!
Cuz i would like to see no / realy less bugs in NC2 then in NC! And that should be main traget for us all!

Im with you all the way.

PVP can wait.
if you cant wait,go play JO,PS(all pvp),CS:CZ, or BF1942!

Eddie
31-08-04, 23:52
One thing I'm a tad confuddled at is: Where do the "snapshots" for open beta take place?

We all know, from the FAQ, when the snapshot for NC2 is (and that's the 3 day downtime before it is released - which is *after* open beta anyway).

I want to get my stuff ready (just as I would for NC2-retail), to test if everything transfers as it should.

Eddie

Richard Slade
01-09-04, 00:22
snapshot = char saving for new server, fyi

Candaman
01-09-04, 01:10
y do people seem to think they are bringing their retail char to open beta?

go and read the faq again infact better yet let me get the quote

The upgrade of an existing account to Neocron 2 and therefore the final transfer of characters from Neocron 1 to Neocron 2 will be available from the 29th of September on. We will however enable the character transfer (without deleting the chars from the Neocron 1 database) during the beta to test the system. That way both we and the customers will be able to familiarize ourselves with the system.

So the SYSTEM for MOVING your chars to NC2 will be available DURING open beta to TEST the MOVING SYSTEM!!!!

All chars will be transferred to NC2 on the 29TH OF SEPTEMBER

Chars have to be ready for the 26TH OF SEPTEMBER for when the SNAPSHOT is taken

Shadow Dancer
01-09-04, 01:12
Yea but....

1. Because we want to test the char transfer system we will offer it in the open beta. So you can copy your Neocron1 char under most likely the same conditions to the open beta like to Neocron2 later on.

See?

amfest
01-09-04, 01:22
I'm really looking forward to the ceres skills, and I'm saving a slot on my account to test out the more refined character creation.

New setup

Tank - Head scratcher
APU - poker
Spy - Rifle Conster
Next slot will probably be Spy - Pistol Ress.
You know, I personally don't think that stuff will be in the Open beta. Since it's a stress test mainly why ruin certain surprises I suppose. I wonder if there is going to be a bunch of stuff that will not be availble during Open Beta.

Jesterthegreat
03-09-04, 11:33

while bug reporting etc should be done... the open beta will mainly be there to test things like op wars (which need many people) and to see any massive PvP imbalance (i assume) :p

the majority of the bug reporting is prolly done by now