PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a dial up connection on Windows 98

shodanjr_gr
31-08-04, 09:36
Heya guys, we got this laptop here at work that runs windoze 98 (probably SE). I wana create a dial up connection for it (56k modem). So i use the proper windows app and enter the number for the connection. Then as i try to double click on the connection icon in order to display the window that will allow me to set Username and Password before connecting, instead i get the connection attempting to connect immediately. No password to set username or anything. I think that the problem is somehow connected to the fact that the PC is also running a Novell Crapware client to connect to a Crapware network. Anyone got an idea on how i can fix the connection?

Spermy
31-08-04, 10:22
Heya guys, we got this laptop here at work that runs windoze 98 (probably SE). I wana create a dial up connection for it (56k modem). So i use the proper windows app and enter the number for the connection. Then as i try to double click on the connection icon in order to display the window that will allow me to set Username and Password before connecting, instead i get the connection attempting to connect immediately. No password to set username or anything. I think that the problem is somehow connected to the fact that the PC is also running a Novell Crapware client to connect to a Crapware network. Anyone got an idea on how i can fix the connection?

Burn the novell clients.

shodanjr_gr
31-08-04, 10:28
No cant do...If it was my PC it wouldnt be near a novell server/client. But its a work pc and they somehow got a thing for novell...so any chance of fixing it without "burning" the novell client?

ichinin
31-08-04, 19:29
If it's a work PC, why dont u call tech support?