PDA

View Full Version : The good luck to me thread

darknessfairy
30-08-04, 23:25
well im goin into to hospital tomorrow to get my wisdom teeth (all four of them) removed...

And i'll come out looking like i got hit round the head with a baseball bat several hundred times.. Black eyes, and a mouth a hamster would be proud of.

And yes, i really do have to eat through a straw for the next week..
Feel sorry for me!

Opar
30-08-04, 23:29
<3

Le pain.

Shadow Dancer
30-08-04, 23:29
lol Opar.

Goodluck DF. :angel:

Jesterthegreat
30-08-04, 23:37
ouch... GL mate

MrChumble
30-08-04, 23:39
ouch, nasty. Get well soon. It's not all bad...surely you get time off work/school :)

Jonax
30-08-04, 23:39
At least you'll have a local anaesthetic at least - Ever had fillings "no jabs"? ;)

Good luck in there fairy :) I had four teeth taken out in high school, and because I grown a fear out of sharp things in my mouth :p they had to take me to a medical centre in town to give me a general anaethestic to get them out that way. :D

Just don't ask how much shit I crashed into in the five minutes shaking the knockout off ;)

cRazy2003
30-08-04, 23:42
well im goin into to hospital tomorrow to get my wisdom teeth (all four of them) removed...

And i'll come out looking like i got hit round the head with a baseball bat several hundred times.. Black eyes, and a mouth a hamster would be proud of.

And yes, i really do have to eat through a straw for the next week..
Feel sorry for me!

noo faireh!!
<3

good luck.

landofcake
30-08-04, 23:45
good luck DF

http://www.the-rams.derbycounty.co.uk/images/cheggers.jpg

Dirk_Gently
30-08-04, 23:51
Ouch nasty. Good Luck though ;)

sanityislost
30-08-04, 23:52
Good Luck DF, hope you got alot of booze rdy for your straw :p

SiL ..:..

Rade
30-08-04, 23:54
Thats gonna hurt so much :D

Ozambabbaz
30-08-04, 23:55
the worst part is how long it takes for the blood flow to slow down =D also had all 4 pulled out at once, couldn't stop drooling in my bong

darknessfairy
30-08-04, 23:57
Im having a general anaestetic (sp?)

so i wont feel a thing... Til afterwards. and i get a week off of work.. WHEeee

Rade
30-08-04, 23:58

Its the afterwards Im talking about.

virgil caine
31-08-04, 00:40
Good luck, I was fortunate that I only felt bad for a day or so. Hope you are too

Dribble Joy
31-08-04, 00:45
I had 4 of my pre molars taken out (can't remember why), it will bleed and hurt for ages after the anesthetic wears off, and bits of root and bone may work their way out of the holes too.

Good Luck!

Psycho_Soldier
31-08-04, 00:45

You won't feel a thing? So you think... lol

Or maybe that was just my Dentist? o_O

Anyway, the only thing I really felt was the preasure from the chizzle breaking my wisdom teeth out.. then my nose burning because of all the powder from the drilling on my teeth. Then it also gets scary because sometimes they forget to suck the blood out of my throat and I started choking. At one point my neck cramped up because my head was jerking so much because of him using a hammer and chizzle like thing to break the tooth out O_O..

I do have to say though, I wasn't as fucked up as you claim you will be. No blackeyes, no swelling, and not much pain afterwards. Only reason I can think of for getting a black eye is if they miss the chizzle with the hammer and end up hitting your eye. O_O.

QuantumDelta
31-08-04, 00:50
Don't forget your holy heal you're gonna need it :P

See you saturday? :P

Good luck!

Sakletare
31-08-04, 00:53
Its the afterwards Im talking about.
Actually it didn't hurt much for me. I had two out in the hospital and i didn't even take the painkillers i got from the doctor afterwards, it was just a bit sore.
The thing that drove me crazy though was the stitches, after about a week of them rubbing against my gums i couldn't take it anymore and cut them out with a scissors (they were going to dissolve in a few days anyway).

People always have a story about how horrible it is and that they couldn't eat or sleep for weeks, etc, etc. But it was fine for me, just ate soft(ish) food the first couple of days and then back to normal (although chewing a bit careful the first week).

I hope a positive story like mine will help. :)

Omnituens
31-08-04, 00:57
i remember when one of my teeth wouldnt come out - i have very strong roots, it refused to come out. the dentist couldnt even pull the bastard out, so he shattered it while it was still in my mouth.

GL DF

Sakletare
31-08-04, 01:06
i remember when one of my teeth wouldnt come out - i have very strong roots, it refused to come out. the dentist couldnt even pull the bastard out, so he shattered it while it was still in my mouth.

GL DF
All you people are only trying to scare the poor girl. :(

Blah, blah, chisel, blah, blah, hammer, blah, blah drill, blah, blah. It's not always lite that, my teeth came out just fine with a pair of pliers.
The thing you notice about teeth when you see them out are how big they are, that root goes deep. Very interesting.

Damn you all for scaring her, you sadistic people. :p

Omnituens
31-08-04, 01:14
she going to be fine, its beng done surgically so they should be able to whip it right out

i had mine done at the dentist on a spur of the moment "oh i just shattered your tooth to get it out of your head" kinda thing

MkVenner
31-08-04, 01:16
Good luck, hope u feel better soon

Richard Slade
31-08-04, 01:22
All four at the same time?
You gotta be mad... Take them 2by2 isntead, much much better

HatchetRyda
31-08-04, 01:24
My dentist said mine are coming in fine, whoope!!

Mr Kot
31-08-04, 01:31

so i wont feel a thing... Til afterwards...

....and then there may be the stitches....muahahahaha

juvestar15
31-08-04, 01:57
Getting your wisdom teeth out is more frustrating than anything.
When i got mine out i walked out of the hospital like i was on cloud 9. Sure i looked like a blow fish, but there was no pain at all. I made the mistake of telling my parents to not buy any painkillers. I got home, played some Neocron then the anesthetic wore off and it felt liek a nade had gone off in my mouth. Once you take the pain killers you'll be fine again. :)

I was eating soup for one week, after that the stiches were pretty much all out and my gums weren't soft anymore. The swelling went away fast aswell but you still get left with bruising, your face should be yellow for another week probably.

Dirk_Gently
31-08-04, 02:42
Mine are a little impacted and the dentist wanted to have them removed. Saw a hospital consultant after having a skull x-ray (Rugby=Bad) who said just to leave them in as they weren't doing any harm.

I went with the consultant.

Shadow Dancer
31-08-04, 02:46
Mine are a little impacted and the dentist wanted to have them removed. Saw a hospital consultant after having a skull x-ray (Rugby=Bad) who said just to leave them in as they weren't doing any harm.

I went with the consultant.

How long ago was this?

Dirk_Gently
31-08-04, 02:59
How long ago was this?

About 3 months.

I had a look at the x-rays.....they aren't too bad ;)

mr murb
31-08-04, 03:14
I went to have mine out and the guy said, “One should come out now. One is almost ready to come out. And the other two, I will have to dig for. You want me to take them out now or come back later.”

I said, “Take them all out now”.

He gave me some pills and some shots. And I don’t remember any pain.

Got driven home. A couple of days later I called in and said I could still taste blood in my mouth.

They asked, “Is it bleeding or just oozing blood”

I said, “I didn’t know there was a difference.”

Any way it all worked out. I must have only been oozing.

I didn’t think wisdom teeth were a big deal at all.

Callash
31-08-04, 03:26
Somebody just had to do it. I regret nothing. (http://vcl.ctrl-c.liu.se/vcl/Artists/Samuel-Oh/hamster.swf)

Seriously though, I hope you cope well. :)

Ryuben
31-08-04, 03:27
Somebody just had to do it. I regret nothing. (http://vcl.ctrl-c.liu.se/vcl/Artists/Samuel-Oh/hamster.swf)

Seriously though, I hope you cope well. :)
a...KK....employee with a sense of humour.....

/me dies of shock

Callash
31-08-04, 03:30
a...KK....employee with a sense of humour.....

/me dies of shock
I was sort of hoping I would have displayed that a few times already... :p

Satocastix
31-08-04, 03:37
I had all four of my wisdom teeth taken out, it was no real problem, except I was out of commission for the rest of the day. Food getting caught in your gumholes is the most annoying part, but there really isn't much pain after the first day. Some people exaggerate and say they've drooled on themselves from the novocaine, but the truth is, they're not exaggerating. I spilled a Dixie cup full of water all over my shirt when I regained consciousness (3 hours later).

You'll be on your feet the next day. My German teacher had them out and he came back the very next day, albeit a little groggy. Good luck, it's not that bad though. In fact, falling asleep as soon as he released the tourniquet was hilarious. All I remember was an instant flash into another room. Trippy!

..i..DemonX
31-08-04, 03:37

Callash must have a uber sence of Humor, he was at GC with a well mega bad DJ in his ears and he still was most time friendly to all.
I would have kill the DJ then be nice to ppl :rolleyes:

cRazy2003
31-08-04, 03:45

no :p

NeoChick
31-08-04, 04:05
Good luck to you. It is'nt so bad if you have full anaestetic, by the time that wears off and you swallow a few painkillers, you'll be right.

AND imagine, you can sit in front of the computer for a whole week!
Should have scheduled this tooth thing for end of September!!! Bad timing is all

Hm that gives me food for thought, is there anything in my body that I could have taken out........ thinking

darknessfairy
31-08-04, 07:34
Well if you think about it tomorrow is Sept 1st... so goin by orignal plans, i would have been off for a week, right when Neocron2 should have hit retail :p

Damn them for changing their plans. Damn them to hell....

/me shakes fist...

On the horrible side of this topic i leave in half hour to go...

/me shakes in her invisible boots

spongeb0b
31-08-04, 07:38
*yawn* good morning...
yes I do have to drive for DF today, I'd be more worried of that ;)

darknessfairy
31-08-04, 07:40
Lol shudddup, i woke you up in plenty of time AND with a cup of tea which i think is quite insensitive as i cant eat or drink any more, nor smoke... or chew gum. Damn hospital rules :mad:

Sakletare
01-09-04, 02:46
Well... did the fairy survive?

Ryuben
01-09-04, 02:52
doesn't look like it :(

sanityislost
01-09-04, 05:16
onoz :/.....

Omnituens
01-09-04, 06:46
carry on not smoking after you leave.

smoking is bad mmmmmkay

darknessfairy
01-09-04, 08:12
Yeah i survived.

AND i managed to eat dinner last nighr. Admitidly it took my twice as long, cos i had to chew with my front two teeth (and their not designed for that) but i did it.

And cos i slept pretty much all of yesterday and the nigth before i'm up at 7am :(

sanityislost
01-09-04, 09:40
Yay....your alive lol

Dribble Joy
01-09-04, 10:04
Pictures?

Was there much blood?

garyu69
01-09-04, 10:28
Soup!

Nidhogg
01-09-04, 10:29
Sorry I missed this thread. I'm glad all went well. :)

N

-REMUS-
01-09-04, 11:42
I got 4 wisdom teeth coming thru atm :/

But I know how you feel I had to have like 7 teeth taken out (no joke) I woke up from the general with a pool of blood infront on me that had come out of my mouth.

Did you try and stay awake when they gave u the general? Its a really weird feeling I find, your arm goes all cold and when you start to go its like your vision closes up like your falling down a dark tunnel, tis freaky shit!

Funny thing is I tried to go back to sleep when the general wore off, and a nurse had to keep me awake LOL.

But I hope you feel betta soon!

phunqe
01-09-04, 11:47
Funny thing is I tried to go back to sleep and a nurse had to keep me awake LOL.

Ohhhh... do I sense a "Dear Hustler, " moment? :p

Anyway... glad to hear it went well DF. Just keep on choppin' with them front teeth :D

Sakletare
01-09-04, 12:50
Yey! Alive, dinner and all. I told you it wouldn't be to bad. :)
*puts away the Crahn Holy Resurrection*

darknessfairy
01-09-04, 13:06
Lol cheers everyone :)

to answer a few questions,

no i have no pictures

no there wasnt alot of blood, apart from the stuff that i coughed up afterwards, and the stuff they came out when i was under general

yes i was fully awake when i got my general and it was the wierdest feeling in the world. one minute i was talkin to this doctor about my holiday the next thing i knew i was in the recovery room freezing my ass off.

i did try to go back to sleep as well after i woke up and the nurse nearly slapped me :( then i went back to my ward and bob was there and i said hi, and went back to sleep again. lolol

as for eating, it takes like ten years just to eat toast.
and i feel poo now, i get worn out walkin down the stairs, and im freezing cold, i have two pairs of trousers on, a teeshirt and a really thick hoody, and still im cold.. :/

Sakletare
02-09-04, 00:42
How about a name change from "darknessfairy" to "tooth fairy"? ;)

Organics
02-09-04, 14:51
Good luck DF :)

(edit: nvm just read your post above lol :D) Hope you feel better soon :)

winnoc
02-09-04, 15:00
Yeah that sure sucks, i had all four pulled at the dentist.
Took about a week before i stopped tasting blood in mu mouth.

Also i lost some weight :-)

Then about a year ago i had my tongue pierced.... for purely altruistic reasons :-)
Couldn't eat for two days, talked like an idiot buth zhey im zooo chool.

jernau
03-09-04, 17:17
Glad to hear you're OK DF.

Jonax
03-09-04, 17:32
Did you try and stay awake when they gave u the general? Its a really weird feeling I find, your arm goes all cold and when you start to go its like your vision closes up like your falling down a dark tunnel, tis freaky shit.

I tried to do that when I broke my right arm clean and they had to reposition it. Basically they gave me the countdown gauge (i.e. "count down each mark on the anaesthetic container as it empties. Dunno why but I was determined to reach 0 :p I must have counted from 13 to 10 before it knocked me out.

Next thing I knew, I was awake with that pulse monitor clipped onto one of my fingers :wtf: