PDA

View Full Version : joint ops

Ryuben
30-08-04, 11:19
any one got this if so is it any good ??

few clan m8s play it from a diff game wondering if its worth its £

El_MUERkO
30-08-04, 11:22
I played the demo and loved it, I'll buy the game once my computer is in the same country as me.

Ultima
30-08-04, 13:14
great game, but be prepared to die in one shot alot as it tries to be more realistic than games such as 'Battlefield'

Maps can be huge, and the game really encourages team play. You get points for driving ppl into battle of flying them in. Same for healing people on the battlefield, you can even be the guy that electronically tags targets for other players firing mortars in from a long distance away etc. So no longer do only the frag masters get the high scores!

Word of warning, dont play this game on 56k, and don't expect to play maps with 100 - 150 players if you don't have a T3 connection or atleast more than standard ADSL.

I only have standard 512 ADSL and I can hack 80 player maps, but not much bigger than that before frame rate starts being unplayable.

[TgR]KILLER
30-08-04, 13:17
played the demo.. but din't realy grab me.. on one half it was because i din't understand the controll's at first.. then got lagged off several servers after eachother.. just lagging so hard you can't move or do anything.. ( on a 2240 / 416 kbs adsl con )

and finaly i found a stable server.. but i couldn't get out of the base camp.. and the other camps were all for the other team.. and ours was camped from the mountains.. every step i took after spawning i was dead cause a sniper ripped a bullet trough my eyes :/

rob444
30-08-04, 14:19
Joint Operations is fully playable on a 0.5 mbit adsl connection, I have it and I play with green ping without problems on 120 servers.

Ryuben
01-09-04, 01:01
ok :D well i ordered but www.play.com have it out of stock £18 bargin !
any where else as cheap + in stock?

joran420
01-09-04, 01:02
I played the demo....didnt like it too much...much rather play BFV

Ryuben
01-09-04, 02:49
so no ones really bothered then :p

BunkerBoy
01-09-04, 03:09
Let me forewarn u. NovaLogic isnt the greatest company. The game has the worst Tech support ive ever seen , barely ever responds on forums, and avoids your questions about issues. Not one patch yet to fix many of the current issues since release. Me and some friends have a clan called RedCell6 for it and our own server....NovaLogic is a major pain in the butt. good game, but with many ups and downs. so if you encounter a problem, dont expect much help.

Otherwise it is a great game.

Radamez
09-09-04, 05:34
Been playing it since it was released, kicks ass IMO.. needs a fairly high-end system to get the most out of it, although the last patch improved the games performance for alot of people.

It's a very team orientated game, lots of snipers - which can get annoying but you get used to it. worth checking out if you prefer the BF's to the UT's ;)

Hope you enjoy it!

Let me forewarn u. NovaLogic isnt the greatest company. The game has the worst Tech support ive ever seen , barely ever responds on forums, and avoids your questions about issues. Not one patch yet to fix many of the current issues since release. Me and some friends have a clan called RedCell6 for it and our own server....NovaLogic is a major pain in the butt. good game, but with many ups and downs. so if you encounter a problem, dont expect much help.

I think we're all used to that by now, don't you? :p

Hayato
09-09-04, 06:29
its great game if you play on a non sniper server :P

SilentEye
09-09-04, 12:41
It gets bored to quickly. Don't buy it. Waste of money after 30 days of playing.

Snake EYE
09-09-04, 12:44
Let me forewarn u. NovaLogic isnt the greatest company... Not one patch yet to fix many of the current issues since release...

There's been 4 or 5 patches :)

The game's awesome. I got a 512/256 ADSL connection, and not the *best* computer, and I can play perfectly in a 120 player server.

SilentEye
09-09-04, 13:44
4MB/512KB Roxxor joo boxor :)

Anyhow, with my ATI Readean 9200 Series I lag like a mofo :p
It can't render shit.

coppertop
09-09-04, 15:14
This game rocks. BIG TIME. Been a big fan of novalogic through deltaforce 1 and 2 (allthough not so much with Land warrior and Black Hawk Down). Joint Ops is nova back at there best.

Get in a 150 player battle and damn is it cool.

Hehe I play it with 512/256 an xp1700 and a geforce mx440. For me it gets damn jerky when I get to close to a lot of other people, but lag wise its cool. I have had ZERO lag problems even in games with 150 people.

sanityislost
09-09-04, 15:16
abit OT but ultima.....i love your siggy n_n

SiL ..:..