PDA

View Full Version : Boring day at work

shodanjr_gr
30-08-04, 10:30
I work as an assistant in an office. My current task is to watch over a dot matrix printer to make sure it doesnt jam as its printing about 150 pages of logistical crap. The sight is boring enough to make me fall asleep.

What are your most boring experiences at work?

r0ti0n
30-08-04, 10:50
Filing... Filing.. Filing.. :o *yawn*

winnoc
30-08-04, 10:59
Checking that actual stocks reflect the stocks in our ERP system.
I have more fun building up computers, network maintenance, solving problems and the most fun i have is in setting up flows for administration to incorporate it into software.

To boldly continue the quest of removing all photocopies, faxes and double administration :-)

I mean, c'mon, older people here use post-it's to tell the person 15 meters away he has to call someone back.
Then there's people that'll print out an email, write a reply on it and fax it back?????
Also we have people calling laptop users on their cellphones, asking for "where are you, because i want to send you an email"...... jeezes :-)

Best one we have is the guy that replies to his email, then prints it out, draws huge maps and lines on it, underlining words etc.... faxes that back and then calls to verify if both have arrived.

Original monk
30-08-04, 12:07
Best one we have is the guy that replies to his email, then prints it out, draws huge maps and lines on it, underlining words etc.... faxes that back and then calls to verify if both have arrived.

we have a miss here that was in a huge panic last week ... she told me on the phone that her computer crashed because she was hacked and virused and whatever ...

so i went up there to help here cause our audiovisuals technical person was on a vacation and i noticed "the" computer wich was on at the moment on the loginscreen, i assumed she didnt had a pass and pressed enter ...

she was standing next to me and the moment i arrive and press enter she yells: WIPIEE

apparently i fixed here huge virussed haxxed crashed computer :wtf:

while i think she yust forgot to press enter to login lol

weird people :eek:

Xian
30-08-04, 12:27
10,000 pages of html with pointless tags (thanks frontpage) all over the place, that I had to clear up.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse after a long time of doing the above, they handed me 6,000 pages of XML to go through, which buggers up if you misplace even one part of the code. So, after doing 300-odd pages of stuff without checking the main site (due to boredom), I then have to spend hours traipsing through to check if I misplaced just a damn bracket.