PDA

View Full Version : Old PPU Rez

r0ti0n
30-08-04, 09:11
i remember when i first started playing.. when you were a high leveled PPU, your rez could cast in like 5 seconds... what ever happend to that? o_O i quit for awhile then came back and it took me like 45 seconds to cast it.. :confused:

maver!ck
30-08-04, 09:19
as time goes by...

It was changed due to op fight balance.

Original monk
30-08-04, 09:20
i remember when i first started playing.. when you were a high leveled PPU, your rez could cast in like 5 seconds... what ever happend to that? o_O i quit for awhile then came back and it took me like 45 seconds to cast it.. :confused:

thats due to all the people whining here on the forums that PPU's are the root of all evil, so KK took a giant sledgehammer and gave the rezz and the paraspells some nice wacks with it :)

aka, they yust nerfed ppu a littlebit further :)

Ryuben
30-08-04, 11:23
used to be a 6 second rez if u capped holy rez spell, so KK seeking balanmce thought i know we will change it to 40 seconds for most people to rez !

Underground
30-08-04, 12:04
used to be a 6 second rez if u capped holy rez spell, so KK seeking balanmce thought i know we will change it to 40 seconds for most people to rez !

Ryu 37 sec's is capped :p trry it on your PPU :p

btw your defo taking your PPU spells over arent you and not dumping any ? If you havent got enough room ive got some spare space on my chars.

Rade
30-08-04, 12:40
Imo the rezz wasnt the problem, the heal and s/d was, and still is. Now Im all
for rezz being all epic and stuff but it should be like a tl120 rare, just making
it take longer doesnt make it any more special.

Kopaka
30-08-04, 12:58
takes me only 27 seconds to rezz or something..

u all must have crap rezz's :D

[TgR]KILLER
30-08-04, 13:25
rezz was half the problem imho.. i remember a op fight were i killed 1 person 5 times. they just kept running in the op shooting us then as they were almost dead they ran out to their ppu's waiting and got rezzed in seconds before we could do anything. just make all holy spells self cast only :p so you can kill those evil people who come running in faster ;)

Jaffo
30-08-04, 13:32
i use holy res and i can run cast it and res in 23 seconds

5 slot ultimated baby

Original monk
30-08-04, 14:08

5 slot ultimated baby

lol, comes in handy, runcasting a rezz :eek:

O_o

winnoc
30-08-04, 14:12
C'mon, it's always handy to rez a melee tank to cover your retreat no? :-)

sn8
30-08-04, 14:12
24 seconds is the freq cap on holy rez with 120% Freq.

OK 24.6 seconds when I tried it with a stop watch.

Xizor
30-08-04, 14:16
Yeah 24 secs. is the cap.

I'd like to see you runcast that rezz o_O

tkNukem
30-08-04, 14:35
the one rezz that annoys me is the lowest tl rezz. the ppu can be pushed side to side while the freakin spell is being casted, and it usually ends up working! if there was a lot of movement going on, any other spell with low frequency would fizzle out...but that lowbie tl rezz just keeps going.
and iirc, it takes like 10 or 15 seconds longer to cast.

Kopaka
30-08-04, 14:43
i tried with stopwatch.
25.4 seconds, but only got 116% on freq

but im lomming to no PA so :D

Original monk
30-08-04, 15:23
the one rezz that annoys me is the lowest tl rezz. the ppu can be pushed side to side while the freakin spell is being casted, and it usually ends up working! if there was a lot of movement going on, any other spell with low frequency would fizzle out...but that lowbie tl rezz just keeps going.
and iirc, it takes like 10 or 15 seconds longer to cast.

my hybrid yust loves that spell :)

Scikar
30-08-04, 16:35
6 seconds isn't even enough to take out a solo PPU if he's buffed. It takes 3 seconds just for an antibuff to cast, then you have 3 seconds left to kill the PPU before he can recast his heal. Take that to an OP fight situation where the rezzing PPU is likely to get a heal off another PPU, and it's also harder to co-ordinate an attack on the rezzing PPU, and it's easy to see why people were constantly being rezzed in OP wars.

I think though that perhaps a reduction in cast time (down to maybe 12-15 seconds) but the PPU's mana pool is set to zero at the point where the ressurected might be a better compromise. I can't imagine a PPU not being somehow drained by having to bring someone back from the dead, this reflects that. And it also means you can't give the ressurected person a holy heal straight after the rezz either.

tkNukem
30-08-04, 16:47
holy heal doesn't do jack for the most part. at least when it comes to debuffing the ppu, putting up a shelter before healing is ideal. think of it this way - no one can outheal holy lightning while he or she is unbuffed ;/ the same can be said when a runner is ressurected. putting up a shelter yields a higher chance of survival b/c of the resistance to energy and the like.

as for the lowbie rezz, it's not only u nibbish hybrids that are doing it :P capped ppu's do it so enemy runners have more trouble disrupting the ppu's rezz. maybe i should sell out and get the lowbie rezz too! ;/

Original monk
30-08-04, 16:49
I think though that perhaps a reduction in cast time (down to maybe 12-15 seconds) but the PPU's mana pool is set to zero at the point where the ressurected might be a better compromise. I can't imagine a PPU not being somehow drained by having to bring someone back from the dead, this reflects that. And it also means you can't give the ressurected person a holy heal straight after the rezz either.

i completely agree here, 12-15 secs and full drain is nice

but in those 12 secs its easy to pop a psibooster so i guess the ppu will be able to give the person a holy heal right after, wich isnt that bad cause it comes in handy in situations like mc5 :)

altough its true that if ya get back alive ya dont have aggro in a sec but it can still happen yeah, especially when all other people around you are going down like fly's :)

edit2: even with the pool staying empty as long as rezz takes it isnt a bad idea actually :)

well whatta ya know: i agreed with ya on a ppurelated item lol :P

edit:

as for the lowbie rezz, it's not only u nibbish hybrids that are doing it :P

HEY YOU, GRRRRR

:D

ROZZER187
30-08-04, 18:48
takes me only 27 seconds to rezz or something..

u all must have crap rezz's :D

what he said

Shadow Dancer
30-08-04, 18:51
Slightly lower rezz time, but put an auto-gr timer so people can't wait for 2 hours to get a rez and avoid any death penalty.

Carinth
30-08-04, 19:13
I like the long rez, it makes ressurect special, a challenge. You hafta prepare yourself and maybe get a friend to cover your arse while you're trying to rez. When you pull off a rez with hostiles after you, it's actualy a test of your ppu abilities. Before the only challenge was deciding who to rez in what order.

If anything were to change, it should be in the outcome of the rez. Holy Ressurect should be better then normal Rez. Atm it's 10-15 seconds faster and has higher range, thas it. IMO normal rez should bring you back with SI or maybe just 1/3 health. That way Holy Rez has a much better benefit, as you'd expect from a high tl spell.

ufora
30-08-04, 19:35
think about it,

your bringing someone back from the fucking dead.

the thing rezz needs most is like better effects, maybe like a fire circle on the ground around the person etc. if we has leet spell effects like that no1 would complain

r0ti0n
30-08-04, 21:33
... well rezzing in Pepper Park with my rez (about 35 - 42 seconds) with how overpowered melee is.. even with my heal on and buffs i still get **********

i have people cover me but i always have to sync and reheal :/
i wouldnt mind a faster cast time and no mana :D thats what i have psi boosters for

Omnituens
31-08-04, 01:07
i remember rezzing in 6 seconds on my hybrid in the chaos caves

used to get some wtf hax back then, PPUs didnt spec PSU and were like omg j00 rezz so fast!11111

ah the good old days :(

Ryuben
31-08-04, 01:33
i remember rezzing in 6 seconds on my hybrid in the chaos caves

used to get some wtf hax back then, PPUs didnt spec PSU and were like omg j00 rezz so fast!11111

*sigh* don't get my started on teh good old days

Original monk
31-08-04, 09:28
PPUs didnt spec PSU and were like omg j00 rezz so fast!11111

snif, this gets me nostalgic :/

the good ol days :(

Crackitakk
31-08-04, 10:35
parashocking is dishonorrable unless done against a melee tank...tehn its cool

edit:yeh i know its irrelevent, and sexy joey L has a 20 second rezz, thats damn good for the new slow rezzs...the nonholy rezz takes like five minutes, u can go make urself a hot-pocket in that time, its just disgusting

..i..DemonX
31-08-04, 14:54

5 slot ultimated baby

23 secs may able to. Runcast never! May a Rezzdance but not more!

..i..DemonX
31-08-04, 14:56
Slightly lower rezz time, but put an auto-gr timer so people can't wait for 2 hours to get a rez and avoid any death penalty.

They will just log out! And u cant penalty them for die in FRE or Sync.
I would more like see dead bodys unpushable!

Scikar
31-08-04, 17:38
snif, this gets me nostalgic :/

the good ol days :(Bah, they weren't so good for us Tanks. Why do you think we're so bitter? :P

P.S. Excluding the Tankocron days when we blasted up spies all day. ;)

Carinth
31-08-04, 18:31
I had fun being a ppu when we were first created, durin Tankocron. Nearly everyone carried energy weapons, noone used piercing. I had a field day, until a smart player showed up with a tgc just for me : ) It took over a month before your average player finnaly started carrying around piercing weapons to kill monks. The forum's were full of threads about how impossible Monks were to kill and all the responses would be "try piercing." Ah the good old days of Tankocron, when most players weren't so bright but still went at it with everything they had.

Shadow Dancer
31-08-04, 19:34
They will just log out! And u cant penalty them for die in FRE or Sync.

They should auto-gr if they log out.

Waiting for a rezz is so stupid.

Doc Holliday
31-08-04, 19:43
I like the long rez, it makes ressurect special, a challenge. You hafta prepare yourself and maybe get a friend to cover your arse while you're trying to rez. When you pull off a rez with hostiles after you, it's actualy a test of your ppu abilities. Before the only challenge was deciding who to rez in what order.

If anything were to change, it should be in the outcome of the rez. Holy Ressurect should be better then normal Rez. Atm it's 10-15 seconds faster and has higher range, thas it. IMO normal rez should bring you back with SI or maybe just 1/3 health. That way Holy Rez has a much better benefit, as you'd expect from a high tl spell.

what he said. specially the first para. its what my bro refers to as a combat rez. it is a challenge and it is smooth when u pull one off specially when the other guy is speechless cos u just pulled it off with all the shit goin off around you.