PDA

View Full Version : I hope NC2 will have an Updated buddy list

joran420
28-08-04, 22:36
The Current buddy list sucks......all buddy list should do is show if someone is online or not....and then you can DM to ppl on the list....rather than a broadcast to everyone on the list....since different ppl have different lists....you get random spam everytime ppl have a convo through the buddy list

no ones said anything abuot it in a long time....most of us just gotten used to it and dont use it.....I forgot all about how crappy it was...

so yeah i hope they fix that shit for NC2

Psycho_Soldier
28-08-04, 22:42
I agree, the current buddy list does suck, check out my old thread here.

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=88769

BaDDaSS
30-08-04, 12:19
Agreed.

Rade
30-08-04, 12:44
Agreed.

**edit: Buddy list should work like icq/msn whatever, just show if your
friends are online or not, and when you select one and type its a direct to
that person.

[TgR]KILLER
30-08-04, 13:22
depends how you use the buddy list.. like if you only got 5/10 friends on it you all know you might want to talk to them all the same time.. but for me..

i got like a fuckload of people in buddy.. half of them are kos but still "friends" so got them all on buddy.. and sometimes you just want to talk to somebody without them hearing :p typing long ass names in dm is a pain. so a buddy list were you can just select people for dming would be great ^^

mishkin
30-08-04, 13:48
very much agreed... this is a feature that for instance, Project Entropia has... even a shit game like that has this, and not neocron... it's a shame :rolleyes:

amfest
30-08-04, 16:43
that would be nice though I suggest instead of just highlighting it should work like the custom channel area where you could check off who you want to send messages to. In this way you could do conferencing chat with those you want to on your buddy list.

The direct channel should have a listing also but just work on a highlight one person at a time and chat feature. Sucks when you're trying to switch between several DMs.

BaDDaSS
30-08-04, 17:00
KILLER']depends ...
i got like a fuckload of people in buddy.. half of them are kos but still "friends" so got them all on buddy...

Gives me an idea (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=108992)

joran420
30-08-04, 19:02
TBH neocron is the only MMO i have ever played with such a poorly implemented buddy list

..i..DemonX
30-08-04, 19:04
Very good Thread lets hope KK will do that!

nugz420
31-08-04, 01:19
agree buddy list sucks as it is.

Birkoff
31-08-04, 04:52
Dunno but i kinda like it :/ i got 15+ ppl on it but there all trusted so i jsut say what ever on it. its easier than having to team to talk to more than 1 person :S

Looks like im the minority

Satocastix
31-08-04, 07:17
Here's to hoping.

[VP]Orion
03-09-04, 13:07
I'd love an updated buddy system where you can group people together and talk to either groups or all. Or atleast be able to choose one person and send messages directly to him without having to enter their name in Direct Message.

The most important thing though would be to fix the bugs in the buddy list. I always have a bunch of people that just says <scanning> and Ive even cleared my whole buddy list a couple of times, trying to fix it but it didnt. I often have problems with people only getting part of the buddy messages I send, like every third message or so.