PDA

View Full Version : Powerarmours

ezza
28-08-04, 17:28
can we have something done about PA visibility for DoY.

some of us like then some of us dont.

i always liked the look of the tank PA(more so when it was coloured)though some people dont like wearing if cos its looks crap(in there opinion) or because of the slowdown.

now tanks have a viable choice if to wear or not, how the other classes except for low tech PEs dont have a choice, its gotta wear PA to be competitive.

now the PE is a cool looking class, and quite frankly the PA well, tbh it sucks.

Spies, the PA is decent, but its still basically you gotta wear it if you want to be optimised.

monks withthe exception of blessed hybrids, monks gotta wear the PA, well you can get away without it if you have a ppu stuffed up your ass, or you are a ppu as i knew a few who were PAless.

however i dont like that you have to wear PA, i loved my monk when i didnt have to wear PA, then they brough the PA in was fun for 5 mins but then its meh its not cool when every monk looks the same.

diversity is a cool thing, my old monk and my current monk always looked like this:http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/shinto.jpg
always the blue color of that cloak, but nooo now you gotta wear a PA(ok i know i dont HAVE to but the way the game is you gotta really)

so how about doing something about this, i mean does it really matter if you can see the PAs or not, or just make it so you can disable your own PA but not others at the very least and keep the clothing colour

when everyone looks the same its just boring shit, ok look you got the same cloak as me err and him and him and her oh and him oh and that guy and those 10 over there plus the other 100 monks right there sigh

so how about making it optional to see the PA on or off, and below that keep the clothing colour.

for PvP it shouldnt make a diffrent unless your a pussy who will only take on people who aint got PA on noting them as noobish chars.

and from a roleplay point of view(if you lean to that side of things) having more indiviuality can only enhance the roleplay imo

any way there ya go, how about it?

Jesterthegreat
28-08-04, 17:31
i would prefer if all armour was visable...

however i feel there should be someway to customise PA, eve if its only colour (faction logo would be cool... maybe even clan logo)

Biznatchy
28-08-04, 17:33
My only problem with the PA is OP fights. Everyone looks like twins I wind up shooting as many friends as foes. But hey who cares blast them all to hell.

ezza
28-08-04, 17:33
i would prefer if all armour was visable...

however i feel there should be someway to customise PA, eve if its only colour (faction logo would be cool... maybe even clan logo)
well i used to play UO, ok diffrent type of MMORPG however, all armour was visable, ..but clothes would be placed on top of them if you wanted, so you could have the armour, or you could have your clothes showing instead

But hey who cares blast them all to hell. rofl think ive done that once or twice :lol:

Jesterthegreat
28-08-04, 17:36
well i used to play UO, ok diffrent type of MMORPG however, all armour was visable, ..but clothes would be placed on top of them if you wanted, so you could have the armour, or you could have your clothes showing instead
yeah. i loved UO :p

rofl think ive done that once or twice :lol:

thats not the idea of op wars? my raptor just opens up on ppu / apu / spy / pe / tank in that order... clans not that important is it? :D

Rade
28-08-04, 17:45
Im with ya all the way, its silly how important the PA is for some classes, and
double silly that that means that you have to look like shit.

Jesterthegreat
28-08-04, 17:47
IMO cookie cutter setups need PA

phear my PA-less melee PE and hybrid monk :p

ezza
28-08-04, 17:48
IMO cookie cutter setups need PA

phear my PA-less melee PE and hybrid monk :p
ya i have a melee PE, i like playing him cos its a fun class and you can look cool.

sadly my hybrid monkey setup reallyneeds the PA, as i aint one of those blessed hybrids

Jesterthegreat
28-08-04, 17:50
ya i have a melee PE, i like playing him cos its a fun class and you can look cool.

sadly my hybrid monkey setup reallyneeds the PA, as i aint one of those blessed hybrids

my hyb isnt capped... and therefor is an APU for the XP :p

and i have to work out what spells im usin, im a noob at monks so i got the setup from a mate :p

Clive tombstone
28-08-04, 18:03
Didnt they say there gonna make armor visible in DOY? or no? :D

I wish they would, Id love to see what my titan armor looks like with a duranti helmet and spirit boots^^

Yadot
28-08-04, 18:44
THe power amour should be customizable like in DAOC. We should also get some type of CLan logo so that the game could be a little more customizable between teams.

Shadow Dancer
28-08-04, 18:46
Im with ya all the way, its silly how important the PA is for some classes, and
double silly that that means that you have to look like shit.

Yep. It makes a super HUGE difference for my apu. I hate feeling like I have to wear it.

Monk PA is so f***ing ugly. KK PLEASE allow us an option to disable it's appearance with NC2. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

It would also suck not to be able to see the new model because of friggin PA.

Jesterthegreat
28-08-04, 18:47
THe power amour should be customizable like in DAOC. We should also get some type of CLan logo so that the game could be a little more customizable between teams.

facttion logo on the arm, clan logo on the breast (in a non-sexual way of course)

Clive tombstone
28-08-04, 18:54
come on, make the viper king armor, titan armor, and helmets visable, that would kick ass^^

Rade
28-08-04, 19:09
Or KK could just make it easy and make on line of PAs which is visible and
one that is non-visible, but still with the same stats. Much like with the camo
PA, it wouldnt take any coding since its just about flipping a number in a
database or something along those lines so its virtually 0 effort for KK. Just a
question if they want us to have that choice or not, frankly, I cant see why
not.

Shadow Dancer
28-08-04, 19:16
database or something along those lines so its virtually 0 effort for KK. Just a
not.

YEA!

C'mon KK give us a response on this issue. :D

Dribble Joy
28-08-04, 19:37
Thing is... I want to see my head, but still have the rest of my PA visible, and then a big cloak and twin judges and and and *explodes*

Tostino
28-08-04, 20:01
I like the idea of having all armors visible... But if they do that the PA needs to only be the chest part of the armor. But if they keep it the way it is I would say make it logos AND invisible PA.

Chaos81
28-08-04, 20:53
Seeing armor is helpful in assesing your enemy.

Personally i'd like to see a bit of customization. Models that are more feminine for female avatars and different 'doo-dads' on each level of armor.

I would definitely enjoy being able to wear PA and still see my head when I take my helmet off.

ezza
28-08-04, 21:38
Seeing armor is helpful in assesing your enemy.

Personally i'd like to see a bit of customization. Models that are more feminine for female avatars and different 'doo-dads' on each level of armor.

I would definitely enjoy being able to wear PA and still see my head when I take my helmet off.
if someone only attack someone when they know they can win based on the PA are poor

Jesterthegreat
28-08-04, 22:06
if someone only attack someone when they know they can win based on the PA are poor

i think he was talkin all armour.

although i disagree. any good tank uses inq 4 helm / legs, PA (or dur or VK) and heavy dur boots... (or a similar combination)

there jusst isnt a good enough reason to spec your resists solely for 1 damage type, people balance it

Chaos81
28-08-04, 22:28

I never said that. I said it was helpful in assesing an enemy...

Yadot
29-08-04, 04:06
Perhaps even choosing the color and the logos. I think that would be a better thing to ask instead of having them make everything visable or not visable. It would be a bad idea to allow someone to hide the fact that they have on some big bad armour, remember its already hard enough to tell how tough someone is. The armour is a key give away.

Shadow Dancer
29-08-04, 04:07
Perhaps even choosing the color and the logos. I think that would be a better thing to ask instead of having them make everything visable or not visable. It would be a bad idea to allow someone to hide the fact that they have on some big bad armour, remember its already hard enough to tell how tough someone is. The armour is a key give away.

Choosing color would be great.

virgil caine
29-08-04, 04:12
Would be really nice if armour would all be visable and show its condition...be fun to see people walking around with blown out boots and stuff

ezza
29-08-04, 12:19
ifind out how toughpeople are by fighting them, not looking at there armour :wtf:

if i put on or take off my tank PA does that make me any easier or tougher

.Cyl0n
29-08-04, 12:25
not.

Awesome idea

[TgR]HusK
29-08-04, 14:54
Making it plain invisible would be weird... concidering realism

How about... it gets invisible as soon as you run into a Safezone? (like taking it off... since it doesn't matter anyway there)

Also... I like the idea of having clothes ON top of the PA, though looking at the PA size, it would be capes and stuff like that, perhaps also be able to take off your helmet or something?

I agree that PA makes everyone look the same, and I don't like that, but somehow I can't think up a really good sollution to this, one that would really satisfy me :/

Endar
29-08-04, 17:21
Whats the point? If you want to have nice boost in your stats you wear PA, if you wear PA you should look like you have that boost in your stats. Yes, the PA makes you look dumb and there are 100 other players that look exatly like you, but hey thats the price you have to pay.

Its not like no one forces you to wear PA you know, you wear it for your stats.