PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life Going Gold Monday!

Psycho_Soldier
28-08-04, 08:33
http://www.halflife2.net/news//1093671787_gold.JPG

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34754

Drake6k
28-08-04, 08:36
/me starts to cry with joy

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/08/27/news_6106035.html

OTIS
28-08-04, 09:43
ya my friend just told me a couple hours ago :D

alig
28-08-04, 09:58
w00t!!! :D

Original monk
28-08-04, 10:03
go gordon, go gordon !

WAZAA !

Jonax
28-08-04, 10:04
[ edited ]

OTIS
28-08-04, 10:19
[ edited ]

or just buy the game :rolleyes:

Jonax
28-08-04, 10:25
or just buy the game :rolleyes:

How many copies do you think will be on the shelves after pre-orders? ;)

Mumblyfish
28-08-04, 10:33
How many copies do you think will be on the shelves after pre-orders? ;)
Fifteen buh-zillion. Seriously, it's not going to sell out any time soon.

So yeah, buy the goddamn game :)

sanityislost
28-08-04, 11:08
lol doom 3 was sold out on the first day, same will happen with HL2
Ive got nothing to worry about tho....my comp cant run it :p

SiL..:..

Mumblyfish
28-08-04, 11:11
lol doom 3 was sold out on the first day, same will happen with HL2
Ive got nothing to worry about tho....my comp cant run it :p
Valve won't let a publishing fuckup like that happen, though. And when all else fails, people who don't mind not getting a box can use Steam. Hooray, Steam!

.Cyl0n
28-08-04, 11:32
awesome

i gotta start with this preload stuff :)

alig
28-08-04, 11:42
The IP cant be tracked to Valve or gabe's usual IP location so there is speculation his account was hacked and that was posted by someone else, aka not gabe newell.

Judge
28-08-04, 13:29
Minging. :(

Ah well. It'd be cool if it did go gold on Monday... get it a day before I go back to school.... Shit!

Mumblyfish
28-08-04, 17:39
Ah well. It'd be cool if it did go gold on Monday... get it a day before I go back to school.... Shit!
If it went Gold on Monday, you would NOT see it for some time. Going Gold DOESN'T mean available to purchase and out in shops, it means they've sent a final copy to be printed. "Going Gold" is an industry term since typically the CD/DVDs sent to the plants to be copied (the Master DVD/CD) is gold-coloured.

If it went gold on Monday, give it a while to get enough copies printed, a bit longer to be shipped, then a bit more leeway for stores. I'd say it'd be a week after going Gold AT LEAST.

Endar
28-08-04, 17:49
Is it just me, or does the HL2 look a bit "boxy" after playing Doom3?

Drake6k
28-08-04, 18:04
Is it just mee, or does the HL2 look a bit "boxy" after playing Doom3?

Is it just me or did doom 3's gameplay suck?

Underground
28-08-04, 18:07
Is it just me or did doom 3's gameplay suck?

:lol:
was a bit bland yea

if graphics means that much to someone why do you play neocron ? ;) :p
aslong as HL2 has the same kinda depth in the story aswell as the gameplay not being consolized :p then ill be happy :) and also, hopefully, we'll eventually see a good TFC2 :D

Mumblyfish
28-08-04, 18:09
I think even CS:Source looks prettier than Doom 3 :wtf:

Psycho_Soldier
28-08-04, 18:09
"After a close scrutiny of Gabe Newell's account history on the forums, we've come to the conclusion that the gold post is a fake. While we can't be 100% certain at this stage, all indicators point towards someone hacking the forum account. That said, all Gabe's previous posts on these forums are quite legitimate.

We apologize for the confusion and will be investigating further. Theoretically, an IPB forum account should be very difficult to hack. Well, that was the theory at least. We'll keep you updated."

*cries*

n3m
28-08-04, 18:11
about a year late, oh well the pre alpha anon hl2 beta thingy already rocked Doom 3's socks..
Got my key waiting :)

MkVenner
28-08-04, 18:41
i bet u it wasnt hacked and he did post that, but then they fecked up again and now they need an excuse lol :p

Jesterthegreat
28-08-04, 18:44
[QUOTE=Underground hopefully, we'll eventually see a good TFC2 :D[/QUOTE]

that must be even later than doy now...

i remember the old screenies of a soldier gunning an engineers gun while a medic fed rounds into it to increase rate of fire...

Mumblyfish
28-08-04, 18:45
i remember the old screenies of a soldier gunning an engineers gun while a medic fed rounds into it to increase rate of fire...
I'm glad that stopped... they tried to make TFC... REALISTIC! Modern warfare, no rocket or grenade jumping, no sucking up bullets like candy... ugh! Realism is the scourge of gaming :(

Social-Zero
28-08-04, 18:45
i bet u it wasnt hacked and he did post that, but then they fecked up again and now they need an excuse lol :p

Bet taken :o

http://users.skynet.be/socialzero/lol.jpg

MkVenner
28-08-04, 18:47
saw that on IRC like 20 mins ago....coz gabe couldnt have written that him self OH NO!

n e way i was being sarcastic jeez

Prankster26193
28-08-04, 19:03
I pre-ordered HL2 BEFORE the offical announcement last year (As soon as the rumors starte spreading around june) :) Im first in line for a pre-ordered copy.

Underground
28-08-04, 19:14
I pre-ordered HL2 BEFORE the offical announcement last year (As soon as the rumors starte spreading around june) :) Im first in line for a pre-ordered copy.

Wanna cookie ? :wtf:

Benjie
28-08-04, 20:33
Is it just me, or does the HL2 look a bit "boxy" after playing Doom3?
It's just you. Half Life 2=Gamplay then graphics.

To all those teenagers playin' on there moms PC, gameplay is the process of enjoying a game without taking into consideration graphics or sound. It is the substance of the game. It became endangered around the same time 3D cards became popular.

Chaos81
28-08-04, 20:59

To all those teenagers playin' on there moms PC, gameplay is the process of enjoying a game without taking into consideration graphics or sound. It is the substance of the game. It became endangered around the same time 3D cards became popular.

While Doom 3 graphics were incredible it seemed to focus more on lighting, textures, and fantacstic monsters. If you watch any Half Life 2 videos you can see realistic models, matched speech and facial patterns (to near perfection), and a vastly detailed world with intuitive combat.

Doom 3 will scare you and HL2 will wow you.

Jonax
28-08-04, 21:03
http://users.skynet.be/socialzero/lol.jpg

ROFLMAO :lol:

nobby
28-08-04, 23:03
ok ...it says half life 2 going gold on monday............does that mean its release date is monday?

G.0.D.
28-08-04, 23:05
owned indeed!

Mumblyfish
28-08-04, 23:08
ok ...it says half life 2 going gold on monday............does that mean its release date is monday?

If it went Gold on Monday, you would NOT see it for some time. Going Gold DOESN'T mean available to purchase and out in shops, it means they've sent a final copy to be printed. "Going Gold" is an industry term since typically the CD/DVDs sent to the plants to be copied (the Master DVD/CD) is gold-coloured.

If it went gold on Monday, give it a while to get enough copies printed, a bit longer to be shipped, then a bit more leeway for stores. I'd say it'd be a week after going Gold AT LEAST.
WORD LIMIT!

Dirk_Gently
28-08-04, 23:24
Never liked Half Life :(

nobby
28-08-04, 23:36
but u will like half life 2 :p

Dirk_Gently
29-08-04, 00:27
but u will like half life 2 :p

Got the trailer and thought it looked bobbins tbh :(

Dajuda
29-08-04, 07:53
Ok guys, the ol "some hackers got ahold of this or that" excuse is getting old ... just admit that theres gonna be more delays. They should ask KK for some advice on how to do that!

Endar
29-08-04, 09:04

Well I didnt say that Doom3 > HalfLife2. I just said that after playing Doom3 the HalfLife2 graphics looked a bit "boxy". You remember when HalfLife2 was hyped about being the best looking game ever made? Well I think that in graphics, Doom3 has already beaten the HalfLife2. Im sure that the gameplay will be completely different in HalfLife2, they even said that there is not a single scripted enemy in whole game.

I really didnt like HalfLife too much, it only was a FPS with good graphics (at that time). Actually I never have liked FPS games in my life. Well sure I played Duke Nukem ( :angel: ) when it hit the market, and I have Hexen2 sitting on my desk. But the point is that HalfLife was too "pure" FPS for me.

Well the Doom3 added scary elements to the game and I think it actually created a whole "new" genre, Horror FPS. Because of "horror" they had to use lots of scripted enemys, but I dont think that made Doom3 a bad game.

Aww what the heck im talking about. I just wanted to say I ment the graphics didnt look as good as in Doom3. Thats all.

Omnituens
29-08-04, 09:11
Wanna cookie ? :wtf:

,nMMMMMMb.
.,,,. dP""""MMMMMb
.nMMMMMMMn. `M MMMMMM>
uMMMMMMMMMMMb Mx uMMMMMM . .,,.
MMMMMMP" '"4M.`4MMMMMMMMM' ?J$$$$ccc"=
MMMMMM 4M' "4MMMMP" z$c,"?$c,""$c$h=
"MMMMMb,..,d' hdzc ,cc$$$$$$$$$$L.$c "
`4MMMMMMP" ,$$$$$$c,$$$$$$$$$$$$"?? ,c?$.
,cc,. .,zc$$$$$3?$?$P"? " " " $$$$h`
,c$$$", c$$$$$$$$PP ,$$$$$c
)$$$$$$$P"$$$$$" " $c,"$c/
,cc$$$$$"".d$?? " J$$hc$=
,c" d$$??c=" '!! z$$$$$??
`??-$""? ?" ' . d$$$""$ccc
=`" " " ,d$$$$P $$$"-
d$$h. ,;! ,d$$$$P" .$$$h.
<L$$$$c <!!!!>. !> -$$$$$P zd$$$""$.
" "$" $c ! `!,!'!;,,;!--!!!! `$$P .d$$$$$h $c"
$ d$".`!! `'''`!!!! !!,! $C,d$$$$$$$$.`$-
$."$ ' ,zcc=cc ``'``<;;!!!> $?$$$$$$$$"$$F"
"=" .J,??"" .$",$$$$- '!'!! $<$$$$$$$$h ?$=.
".d$""",chd$$??""""".r > !'.$?$$$$$$$$"=,$cc,
,c$$",c,d$$$"' ,c$$$$$$"'!;!'.$F.$$$$$$$$. $$$."L
d $$$c$$$$$" ,hd$$$$??" z !!`.P' `$$$$$$$?? $$$P ..
,cd J$$$$$$$P',$$$$$$".,c$$" `.d$h h $$$$$$P"?.?$$ ,$$""
c$$' $$$$$$$C,$$$$$$"',$$$P"z $$$$"-$J"$$$$$ ,$$?$F.$L?$$L
,$",J$$$$$$$$$$$$$$" ,$$$C,r" $$$$$$$"z$$$$$$$$$,`,$$"d$$??
.dF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$P" $$$$$$$F.-,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$%d$$F$$$$cc,-
,$( c$$$$$$$$$$$$$$h,c$$$$$$c=".d$$ """',,.. .,.`""?$$$$$$.`?c .
d$$.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P""P" ,c$$$$$c,"=d$$$$$h."$$$c,"$$$$$$. $$c
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P"",c" ,$$$$$$$$$h. `?$$$$$$$$$$P'.""`?$$.3$cr
z$$$$$$$$$ 3?$$$$$$$$$ccc$P ,$$$$$$$$$$$$$h.`"$$$$$$$$$c?$c .`?$$$$c
dd$$"J$$$$$$$P $$$$$$$$F?$$$" .d$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$L.`""???$$$$$$$$$c ?$C?
c$$$$ $$3$$$$$$ `$$$$$h$$P"".. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??""" ,ccc3$$$$$$$$$ hL`?$C
h$$$$$>`$$$$$$$$$.$$$$$??',c$" $$$$$P)$$$$$P" ,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ "$ ."$
$$$$$$h.$C$$$$$$$$$$$ccc$P"3$$ ,$$$$$ "$$$P" =""',d$$???""',$$$$$$$$ $cc "
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P$$?$$$.,c??",c$$$$$L$J$P" zchd$$$$,ccc$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$3$$$F" c$$$$$$$$$$ ,cc$$$$$$P"""""`"""??$$$$$$$$$$$P/
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??)$$$JC".d$$4?$$$$$$$$$c .,c=" .,,J$$$$$$$$hc,J$$$$$$$$$$%
$$$$$$$$$$$$"".,c$$$$CF $$$h"d$$$$$$$$$h "',cd$????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$z
$$$$$$$$$P??"3$$P??$$" ,$$$FJ?$$$$$$$$$$cc,,. ,,. =$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$hc$$$$$r$P"' $$$$."-3$$$$$$$$$$$$$"$"$$$c, ""????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$3$$$$$$$h.zccc$$ ,$$$$L`,$$$$$$$$$$$$$L,"- $$$$$cc -cc??)$$$$$$$$$$$$

ONOZ HES EATING THE GOLD MASTER DISC!!1111oneoneone

I want HL2, Zero Point Gun = the win

Sigma
29-08-04, 13:32
Half-What?

.Cyl0n
29-08-04, 15:28
omg ahahahahha

holy shit ... that guy really has my respect lol
he just owned millions of people :D

awesome

Eddie
29-08-04, 15:44

That is shockingly true.

I remember the ye olde days when Apogee and Epic Megagames brought out truly amazing games for the PC, which didn't need to look pretty, but were damn good fun to play.

Eddie

Jonax
29-08-04, 15:50
That is shockingly true.

I remember the ye olde days when Apogee and Epic Megagames brought out truly amazing games for the PC, which didn't need to look pretty, but were damn good fun to play.

Eddie

Don't get me started on nostalgia :)

What about Microprose or Bullfrog? :D

Social-Zero
29-08-04, 15:55
Bullfrog , :( I wish they were still around to bring us another awesome dungeon keeper game :(

bd*
29-08-04, 16:01

Actually graphics and sound are integral to gameplay. They create the atmosphere, and in a good case immerse you, just like Doom 3 did. However in Doom3s case it was let down by repeating the same style of Ai over and over [which is part of gameplay as well], but then that was to be expected as its what id said all along.

Doom just felt right, like everything was as it was supposed to be ... and it never once crashed so you didnt lose the action and become "unhooked" :lol:. Now im not saying Doom 3 will have better gameplay then HL2, but i am saying that gameplay relies not only on the story, or how much substance there is to the game, but also on the feeling it can create. Dues Ex did it, great graphics that created the perfect atmosphere, which unpinned the great story and high level of interactivity - but they lacked behind modern shooters.

Its a trend, those which are "truly" great in most peoples eyes have great substance (i think thats what you were really refering to) and graphics and sound which immerse you and bring you into the game to take it to that next level. Its something i would associate to the Bourne Supremercy, its a very "down to earth" thriller /action movie which is far out. Everything in it is modern day but its not uber high tech so it feels more real and creates the best experience. Something which i feel HL2 may well be associated with if it doesnt go OTT on the effects - good story, good substance and the feeling of everything being "as it should be" in the graphics, physics and sound department, combining to create a truly great game[play] ;) .

nobby
31-08-04, 14:12
Hl2 Owns!

-Demon-
31-08-04, 16:26
Bullfrog , :( I wish they were still around to bring us another awesome dungeon keeper game :(

Yeah..most of em left to form Lionhead maker of Black and White.

Tis a shame...used to spend hours on that game.

Judge
31-08-04, 17:02

Try the new Evil Genius Demo... I've just started playing it and its t3h pwn. Shame you can't get the posession view though. :(

Or slap your imps....

Mumblyfish
31-08-04, 18:44
Or slap your imps....
No, but you can imprison your workers, put them in blenders, torture them with Michael Jackson impressions, or get your Evil Genius to execute them while they're sleeping. And that's just what I've found in the demo so far. Being outright cruel was never so funny :lol:

ezza
31-08-04, 19:06
nevermind dungeon keeper it was syndicate that was the win from Bullfrog