PDA

View Full Version : merging of accounts

garyu69
27-08-04, 10:00
I remember originally being told months ago that those with multi accounts could cross them all over with one payment, then that changed to a reduced payment for the merged accounts and now it looks as if we will have to pay €19.95 per account to take them over. Personally the first promise was teh best and i wish for once they kept to that, but hey you get used to things changing all the time here :rolleyes:

Anyway, with many people having more than one account and now with only one international server it would be nice if we were allowed to merge our accounts into one for NC2, could also be a kind of a "thank you for having faith" gesture from KK.

I have three accounts, but with price increases and cost to transfer i won't be taking all three, just the one as i cannot afford it. I don't think KK would be losing money from accounts being merged because i think a lot of people feel the same as me in that they will not be taking all their accounts over to NC2.

So thoughts?

james_finn
27-08-04, 10:31
Yup agree 100% i have 5 accounts i could move over, but tbh im not going to, ill just take my main character and remake the others there! But yeh let us merge accounts!

Delphi

Rade
27-08-04, 10:56
I can imagine it being hard to pull with the DB transfers and whatnot and still
keep 100% integrity, but seriously, if KK arent going to put a 1 slot
international server it is kinda mean against all those people with multiple
accounts and several chars on for example pluto, thats going to be a waste.
And like it or not those are the people who have pooled in the most money
for KK. Myself I ended up with 2 extra accounts due to friends quitting, I
doubt I would ever have gotten them otherwise, but now what to do with
them? Most likely Ill just strip them clean of useful stuff and let ditch the
extra accounts and level up new chars. I know it kinda defeats the purpose
of a 1-slot server and isnt really a solid argument but I guess "nice" is the
word we are looking for here from KKs side.

garyu69
27-08-04, 12:02
Endar, Care to share why you voted no?

ino
27-08-04, 12:46
Yes, I think pluto players with multiple "main" accounts should be able to merge them in to one to be used on a 4 char sever if they like.

solling
27-08-04, 20:52
i totally agree we should be able to merge all the accounts we got (up to u chars as the server is 4 chars of course)

Gohei
27-08-04, 21:00
Yes yes yes.

.Cyl0n
27-08-04, 21:14
I remember originally being told months ago that those with multi accounts could cross them all over with one payment, then that changed to a reduced payment for the merged accounts and now it looks as if we will have to pay €19.95 per account to take them over. Personally the first promise was teh best and i wish for once they kept to that, but hey you get used to things changing all the time here :rolleyes:

Anyway, with many people having more than one account and now with only one international server it would be nice if we were allowed to merge our accounts into one for NC2, could also be a kind of a "thank you for having faith" gesture from KK.

I have three accounts, but with price increases and cost to transfer i won't be taking all three, just the one as i cannot afford it. I don't think KK would be losing money from accounts being merged because i think a lot of people feel the same as me in that they will not be taking all their accounts over to NC2.

So thoughts?

i agree 100%
this pisses me off big time tbh. Especially if i look at saturn players seeing as they can take 4x as much items and chars than me for the same price.
I had 3 accounts too and got the same problem with the price. I wont be able to take more than 1 with me at doy start... maybe i can get a 2nd one back later on.
Tbh after all those delays... upping the price and not letting us merge accounts is simply FUBARED and really BAD service.

It pisses me off even more as a pluto player i guess... i just cant believe i have to pay 4x as much than someone else for the same damn result / service than someone who plays on another server...

No discussion needed.. KK simply owes us the favor of acct merging.

/e all you .... who voted no at least tell us why ...

Lareolan
27-08-04, 22:02
The sad thing is, KK owes you nothing and they do not seem to care. I voted "yes" as I can feel your pain, but I think you're talking to a wall here. Don't see KK doing anything about it (except maybe promising something only to break THAT promise later :rolleyes: )

BloodLetting
27-08-04, 22:05
Well with all the bitching maybe they should just wipe the whole thing.
Let everyone start completely over mmmm....

-REMUS-
27-08-04, 23:43
If they dont allow it, i'm not going to reactivate my fucking accounts thats for sure.

I think its fucked that i would have to pay for the upgrade let alone per account.

garyu69
27-08-04, 23:54
Endar, menkadar, WhiteWolf,

You all voted no, its a public poll so do you care to share your views? Or just vote and hide?

Marx
28-08-04, 00:00
Although it would be wasted on me now (:() I think it would be a very nice gesture.

virgil caine
29-08-04, 03:34
Yes, please let us merge accounts

Benjie
29-08-04, 04:30
I never will understand why people from pluto had multiple characters when there where two alternatives, and part of me thinks it is the persons fault for not using the set four character system which reakktor created specifically for the perpose of multiple characters. Therefore technically Reakktor owe nothing to anybody and I do not think they are in the wrong denying people the ability to merge accounts.

One the other hand, I feel sorry for people who did decide to have multiple characters on pluto who can no longer pay for upkeep.

I don't know what the answer is, but thats my point of view at least.

Garyu69, I think making this a public poll was a poor decision tbh. There is a lot of taboo around this subject and it is hard for people to vote honestly when it is very possible that they might be harassed for there opinion.

virgil caine
29-08-04, 05:00
I agree with you Benjie, The developers of this game owe us nothing, we have payed a monthly fee for this game while we were playing it. The same as renting an apt. you pay to live in it for a set amount of time; when you move out, the landlord owes you nothing but a polite wave goodbye.

As a person with 2 accounts on Pluto, I do however take exception to your attitude about why I may have created 2 accounts when there were other options on other servers. I created another account on Pluto because my clan needed a PPU, after I leveled him a bit, I found that I enjoyed playing a PPU. I also play at times when I want to have a character with offensive ability so I kept my PE also, either way I still want to play with the people I enjoy playing with on Pluto. Your playing on multiple servers with one account is fine, its just not my style.

Jesterthegreat
29-08-04, 11:53
no - if you chose to purchase multiple accounts thats your choice.

and if you did it solely to get around a 1 char server you should have played a 4 char server.

they are already allowing chars from any server to be moved to any server you want.

i would maybe say yes if they charged for it (as do some other MMORPG's), however in KK's eyes what this does in allows people who buy accounts on ebay to use all the best chars (which arent theirs) and still only pay 1 monthly price.

MrChumble
29-08-04, 12:39
I never will understand why people from pluto had multiple characters...Therefore technically Reakktor owe nothing to anybody and I do not think they are in the wrong denying people the ability to merge accounts.
I started on pluto because that's where all my mates were playing. If I'd known anything about the game when I started (I'd never even heard of it, I just bought it cos they said it was good) then I'd most likely have gone to Saturn. Once I was established on Pluto I didn't want to move, but I did want more chars, so I got some more accounts.

With the move to NC2 there's three reasons I won't pay for all my accounts:

1) Multi-slot server. No need to have 5 accounts when I can have two and 8 chars (or so).

2) Price hike. It's not too bad, but it's enough to make me want to cut back a little.

3) NC2 itself. From what we've seen so far I'm not convinced it's anything more than a big NC patch. I think it'll be a great game (just like NC is), but I can't see it holding my interest enough to justify so many accounts.

Now you're right, KK do not owe us anything. But then the reverse is also true, I don't owe KK anything either. Nonetheless I've continued to pay for my accounts despite their lies (or at least, inplausible inaccuracies) and their general uselessness. They owe me nothing in return, but it would sure be a nice gesture to let me keep a couple of chars. It doesn't cost them anything - the accounts are getting canceled either way - and it might generate some good will for them, something they're desperately lacking right now.

solling
29-08-04, 12:53
and if you did it solely to get around a 1 char server you should have played a 4 char server

sorry thats bs

if KK made a 2 slotted int server only and im sure all the 4 char guys would biatch and whine

garyu69
29-08-04, 13:05
I do hope the multi slot international is actually only a 2 not just because i would prefer that if i can't have a 1 slot and there would be the bonus of all the 4 slot people bitching and moaning like they've been so ripped off :rolleyes:

And benjie, my poll so i make it public, if you want to hide about showing your views then don't vote. simple.

Jesterthegreat
29-08-04, 13:13
sorry thats bs

if KK made a 2 slotted int server only and im sure all the 4 char guys would biatch and whine

i couldnt care less if they make a 2 slot int server.

and for the record i play all servers, with at least one ** ranked char on each english server (and i only have 1 account).

so dont act as if i got it easy... i have11 chars to fit into the new set of servers... so i will have to lose some of them.

why exactly would icare if they made a 2 slot int server? i would have access to it too, so its not that im losing out. unlkess your suggesting instead of the 4 slot... then i have 2 complaints:

1. there are already less slots on the new server setup than the current one, KK are making players lose chars as it is, less slots is bad

2. if kk want to accomodate the char slots in 2 slot servers they wil need more servers which means fewer players on each server.

am i wrong in thinking the point of this thread is that pluto people with multiple accounts are moning cos they will still have multiple accounts?

MrChumble
29-08-04, 14:11
am i wrong in thinking the point of this thread is that pluto people with multiple accounts are moning cos they will still have multiple accounts?
Yes, you are wrong. Pluto people are being forced to use a multi-slot server when they don't want to, and are also being forced to pay for multiple accounts to keep single chars that would fit on the multi-char server. KK have come along with their fuck-up stick and smashed things about a bit, and we'd like them to tidy the place up again.

.Cyl0n
29-08-04, 14:19
Yes, you are wrong. Pluto people are being forced to use a multi-slot server when they don't want to, and are also being forced to pay for multiple accounts to keep single chars that would fit on the multi-char server. KK have come along with their fuck-up stick and smashed things about a bit, and we'd like them to tidy the place up again.

exactly ;)

amfest
29-08-04, 14:29
I agree a little with benjie and jesterthegreat . .but I guess it doesn't really matter to me that much if they allowed it or not. I just voted no because the poll was made public and there was no "I don't care either way" option ;)

.Cyl0n
29-08-04, 14:32
I agree a little with benjie and jesterthegreat . .but I guess it doesn't really matter to me that much if they allowed it or not. I just voted no because the poll was made public and there was no "I don't care either way" option ;)

its not like you`re forced to vote.. :rolleyes:

amfest
29-08-04, 14:42
its not like you`re forced to vote.. :rolleyes:
but . but . .but .. I like to participate! ^^

I"m a part of this community too dern it! . . if ya want me or ya don't ;)

Tratos
29-08-04, 14:47
I Voted Yes, heres my opinion though.

Never gonna happen why would a company do somthing for a commuinity which would cut down on its own income? if your moving to a multi slot server just lvl those characters from other accounts on your main acount transfer your stuff taken to NC2 then cancel your extra accounts and there we have it, and bascily if you want a one slot international server you will have to wait for one as if you looked at server counts before beta started (so that practically everyone in the commnity was playing NC1 retail) there wasnt a huge demand for Pluto due to its low population hence why KK have probably made the decision not to have a 1 slot international server at launch and dont get me wrong i also would love to have a one slot server but personally i think the demand for such a server at this time just isnt enough compared to other servers.

My opinion on why KK wont and are not letting people merge accounts and the whole "why no one slot international server" discussion.

/me awaits the flames :rolleyes:

IceStorm
29-08-04, 15:06
I remember originally being told months ago that those with multi accounts could cross them all over with one payment,Yes, but that was $39.95 to upgrade up to four accounts. It said nothing about merging those accounts - the monthly fee would still continue.
then that changed to a reduced payment for the merged accountsThey never said merge of accounts.
and now it looks as if we will have to pay €19.95 per account to take them over.The $19.95 per account fee was decided two days after the $39.95 fee and that includes a free month of service.
Personally the first promise was teh best and i wish for once they kept to that,It only made sense for people that had multiple accounts. If you only have one account, it's rather expensive. If you have two, it's the same price as now. If you have more, you pay more now.
but hey you get used to things changing all the time hereIt changed from its initial state to the final state within two days of posting.
I never will understand why people from pluto had multiple characters when there where two alternatives,Can't log in two characters on one account. With two accounts I can log in two characters at the same time. Makes twinking a whole lot easier.

.Cyl0n
29-08-04, 15:06
[ edited ]

Xizor
29-08-04, 17:05
I voted no for the same reasons as Jester/Benjie.

Vampire222
29-08-04, 17:14
If you can't handle having two accounts. delete or sell one..why ask kk to lose income by merging accounts?

-REMUS-
29-08-04, 17:18
I made multiple accounts becuase I didnt want to delete my charecter, I love pluto and i dont like 4 slot servers.

Persecution for what we love is not a good thing.

I've noticed that most of the objections are coming from people who are on 4 slot servers or dont play this game very much.

Just tell us so we can cancel plz kk.

solling
29-08-04, 17:29
i will personally cancel one account til we get a 1 or 2 slot server and i think most will

Personally the first promise was teh best and i wish for once they kept to that

i agree totally lol whats wrong with peops getting 'a lil extra' for having 2 accounts of more be it one free month or whatnot cheaper tranfer from nc1 to nc2
we still get to pay the same ammount every week

no skin of others back now is it

Jesterthegreat
29-08-04, 17:31

ok... currently there is no 1 (or 2) slot int server... but you are still moaning that you chose to buy multiple accounts, and now want to only pay for one account.

i have more chars than they will have spaces for, im not demanding i get a second account free to house my other chars!

Inchenzo
29-08-04, 17:37
It was you own choice to get multiple account, you can't blame KK for that.

So i say "No" .

And for all the pluto people being forced to play on a multichar server, well that's just baloney. Cos if you really want to play on a 1 slot server, then just wait till it arrives. (and i still don't get it why you'd have more then one account when you really want to play on a one slot server, that just sounds weird, and don't give me saturn/uranus is so bad crap)

MrChumble
29-08-04, 17:40
ok... currently there is no 1 (or 2) slot int server... but you are still moaning that you chose to buy multiple accounts, and now want to only pay for one account.I'm not moaning about choosing to have multiple accounts, and I'm not only going to pay for one account...but apart from that you're spot on.

As KK are forcing me to use a multi-slot server, thus negating any need to have more than two accounts, I'd like to consolidate my existing characters into those two accounts. It seems reasonable to me. KK don't lose any money, and I get some small measure of compensation for having to see my beloved one slot server become a footnote in history.

i have more chars than they will have spaces for, im not demanding i get a second account free to house my other chars!
Of course you're not, they've already said they'll be opening more servers later.

i still don't get it why you'd have more then one account when you really want to play on a one slot server, that just sounds weird, and don't give me saturn/uranus is so bad crap

Bonus points to be had for reading the thread before posting in it. As already explained I started on Pluto because that's where my friends were. And I believe it was IceStorm who pointed out the other reason for having multiple accounts; you can log more than one player on at a time.

Inchenzo
29-08-04, 17:44
[QUOTE=MrChumble]
As KK are forcing me to use a multi-slot server, thus negating any need to have more than two accounts, I'd like to consolidate my existing characters into those two accounts. It seems reasonable to me. KK don't lose any money, and I get some small measure of compensation for having to see my beloved one slot server become a footnote in history.
[QUOTE]

Umm, KK ain't forcing you to do anything.. It seems you addiction to neocron is forcing you to play, and so to play on the first international server that's available. (you can always just make a new char, just to take a look, and keep your other ones safe for the real server you want to play on)

(Can't you handle a month or so without neocrack to wait for the 1/2 slot server ?)

MrParker
29-08-04, 17:45
I voted yes, but I want to amend what I mean.

#1 reason it would be a bad idea. KK would get screwed from people pooling accounts and claiming they all belong to one person. It WOULD happen...

The way I think it should go, is I think you should be allowed to pull characters from other accounts that belong to you into one account. Like, I have a 2nd account, but there is only 1 char on there that I want (a capped conster) and theres one on my other account that I want to get rid of. So I could slap the conster in there (cause I sure as hell don't want to pay for a 2nd bloody account just to construct things). I dunno, I think this would be a fair middle ground, and would avoid kk getting screwed.

Just my opinion

Mr. Parker

ZzarGladius
29-08-04, 17:56
I voted yes. It does seem rather unfair that if KK is going to not offer a one character server, that they force those who chose to continue to play a different gaming environment where the additional paid accounts do not serve a purpose.

However, I understand it could be very difficult for KK to merge accounts without fraud.

I'm not sure about the losing money part, from what I can gather from current pluto players, many accounts will go inactive.

I think a good compromise might be to only pay for one upgrade for a certain number of accounts on the same credit card . . . and to offer a bundle discount per month for having multiple accounts.

Maybe even if each credit card was assigned a number of active months that would go to all accounts on that card to be used as the player wanted. That way, they could buy a year subscription, get the year discount, and divide it to their 2 accounts or so and still receive a discount.

I don't know . . . seems like Pluto players are getting screwed from ever angle on this deal. Those with multiple accounts get totally screwed . . . we won't be bringing as much stuff to the multi server as the other servers due to the ability to create runners to hold extra items (assuming not all 4 slots are filled).

Oh well, I guess overall I'm still happy that it's finally coming. I can't complain too much.

Shadow Dancer
29-08-04, 19:09
sorry thats bs

How is that bs? It's true.

Why are multiple account people complaining about being "Forced" to play on a multiple char server? The only people, IMO, who actually have a right to complain are those who actually played ONE char on pluto. Which is a rarity.

MrChumble
29-08-04, 19:20
Why are multiple account people complaining about being "Forced" to play on a multiple char server?We're not, generally. It's the combination of being forced to play on a multi-char server and not being allowed to consolidate chars from multiple accounts. As usual KK want their cake, their cake and a slice of cake. If this was the first time something like this had happened I'd not be too bothered, but it's just another example of how little KK give a shit about the people who pay to play their game.

No need to remind me I can vote with my feet and not pay if I don't like it. Maybe I will. I still like the game, but my respect for the management at KK (although not the people actually making the game) continues to nose-dive.

Shadow Dancer
29-08-04, 19:29
We're not, generally. It's the combination of being forced to play on a multi-char server and not being allowed to consolidate chars from multiple accounts. As usual KK want their cake, their cake and a slice of cake. If this was the first time something like this had happened I'd not be too bothered, but it's just another example of how little KK give a shit about the people who pay to play their game.

No need to remind me I can vote with my feet and not pay if I don't like it. Maybe I will. I still like the game, but my respect for the management at KK (although not the people actually making the game) continues to nose-dive.

Why don't you keep asking KK WHY they won't do it. IIRC KK hasn't stated why they wouldn't allow this option. They've just said "Merging accounts will not be possible". Whatever that means.

Genty
29-08-04, 19:29
The only people, IMO, who actually have a right to complain are those who actually played ONE char on pluto. Which is a rarity.

Wooo Wooo, I was a rarity.

manderf
29-08-04, 19:30
anyone who said it was our fault for playing on a 1 slot server, is an idiot. Theres no pop up when you login to pluto that tells you. When nc2 comes sorry but you wont be able to merge multiple accounts. Merging accounts is not to much of a problem for me though because all my other accounts used to belong to friends so i just get them to reactivate and log on em.

MrChumble
29-08-04, 19:38
Why don't you keep asking KK WHY they won't do it. IIRC KK hasn't stated why they wouldn't allow this option. They've just said "Merging accounts will not be possible". Whatever that means.
Yeah and while I'm at it I'll ask them why Para still exists, why PPUs are so unbalanced and why they keep vehicles so crap even though no one uses them. Then for my follow up trick I'll get blood from a stone.

Genty
29-08-04, 20:05
why they keep vehicles so crap even though no one uses them.

Vehicles rock and lots of people use them bitch :D

-=BlackBeard=-
29-08-04, 20:43

[ edited ]

but anyway it is not fair on the plutonians if u cant because they were expecting a 1 char int server

Endar
29-08-04, 21:11

Because for me its logical that when you have payed for more than 1 account, you will eather pay for them in NC2 or delete those accounts. Its that simple.

Besides it would get KK much more trouble = Neocron 2 will be delayed = I dont like that one bit. I can take it if Neocron 2 will be delayed more for developing but not for some players that have payed for multiple accounts and are not willing to do that in Neocron 2, and say that they want theyr chars transfered from other accounts because of that.

Clothing_Option
29-08-04, 22:13

So thoughts?

GODDAMN RIght Gary!!!!
Tell these punks what time it is
say to them Im rick james bitch risen from the grave :D
dont take any guff from these swine (hunter thompson)

Marx
29-08-04, 23:37
People began using multiple accounts when people like tradeskillers became a rarity. In the beginning tradeskillers who felt that they were needed created a second account to play differently while still serving the community through their other character.

Those for the most part are the people who actually started the multiple account 'frenzy'.

Since populations sank, alot of people with multiple accounts have their own, and are paying for or babysitting a 'retired' players account.

Multiple accounts became an issue when game population became an issue, lets not pretend anything else.

garyu69
30-08-04, 14:36
Multiple accounts became an issue when game population became an issue, lets not pretend anything else.
So would you say it is KK's fault that the population dropped, which caused the cycle of people needing traders which led to multi accounts created?

Rade
30-08-04, 14:37
So would you say it is KK's fault that the population dropped, which caused the cycle of people needing traders which led to multi accounts created?

You're starting to sound desperate here garyu :P

garyu69
30-08-04, 14:40
You're starting to sound desperate here garyu :P
nah thats not desperate. Desperate is getting to the end of a night out on the pull and having no luck all night and then just before the night ends going back to that minger that you always do because nothing else will bite.

Thats a description of one of my friends if he doesn't pull, lol

evs
30-08-04, 14:43
Yes account merge would be 110% leet

Shadow Dancer
30-08-04, 18:54
Thats a description of one of my friends if he doesn't pull, lol

Uh huh, nice last minute save. :p

Scikar
30-08-04, 19:40
1) KK hasn't said there won't be a 1 slot international server. In fact if I remember right that's one of their priorities, just not set up to come out straight away (much like Pluto in fact).

2) A while ago, when Pluto's population was dropping and people first started to think about multiple accounts to compensate for the lack of tradeskillers, me and SD made a poll. The question was, would you like to add a second slot to Pluto. The vote ended with almost all voting no, stating the various "but 1 char slot is more leet" arguments. Thus, I have no sympathy for the vast majority of Pluto players with multiple accounts. Of course, recently we've been proved right, and suddenly Pluto players want a 2 slot server. :rolleyes:

Also, you're never going to get anything from KK without support from players on 4 char servers. So if you really want to be able to merge your accounts, I suggest some people drop the anti-4 char attitude, because it certainly isn't helping your cause.

I still haven't voted yet because I can't decide whether Plutonians really deserve it.

Rade
30-08-04, 19:44
1) KK hasn't said there won't be a 1 slot international server. In fact if I remember right that's one of their priorities, just not set up to come out straight away (much like Pluto in fact).

Well, thats great and all, but from what theyve said its not even sure it will
come in. It would suck to sit on the oldschool NC servers for a month just
waiting for a new pluto, missing out on all the BDOY fun, and then learn that
they scrapped the idea completely. Would be better to make the new 1-slot
server completely fresh then, not allowing anyone to transfer stuff to it, and
state so beforehand imo.

Shadow Dancer
30-08-04, 19:47
Rade, why do you think they should make a 1 slot if most pluto players already have 2+ accounts?

Rade
30-08-04, 19:59
Rade, why do you think they should make a 1 slot if most pluto players already have 2+ accounts?

Because I got 2 extra accounts from two rl friends that stopped playing, it
just felt so stupid to let them go to waste. Now I will have 3 chars, and 9
free slots which I wont be using, I wont pay for that, so I will transfer one
account and start new chars if I want to. IE I will lose characters. I know KK
doesnt owe us this or anything, I would just like to keep all the chars I
currently have control. If there was a 1 char server I wouldnt be shafted
compared to the amount of chars and equipment people that play on 4 char
servers can bring with them.

No, it doesnt really make sense does it. I guess it comes down to wanting to
keep all chars but not wanting to pay 4 times what others pay for the same
amount of chars.

Carinth
30-08-04, 20:28
The dynamics of a single char server are fragile and dependant on many things. But basicly there are two aspects, Game Balance and Population.

The fundamental rule that has to be maintained for a single char server is that every character type *must* be fun to play on it's own. No class should be the bitch that works all the time while other's get to play. If a support class is going to exist that isn't as much fun to play as the other classes, then under no circumstances should the other classes be dependant on that support class.

That's the main problem we have now in Nc. Classes/Professions exist that are crucial for everyone else to continue playing the game, but almost noone wants to play them due to how unfun they are or the problems/bugs involved in them. The infamous multi accounts began when people stopped playing needed support roles on their primary chars. Personaly I went from a researcher/poker/ppu to a pure ppu and had to buy a second account to make a researcher/poker. Researching was and still is the absolute worst thing you can do in nc. In this aspect I blaim KK entirely for me having to play two chars on a single char server. I would have been happy to stay as only Carinth, but I couldn't.

The other aspect is population, which isn't directly KK's fault. Many things happened that started a snowball effect of people leaving Pluto or the game entirely. Lower population made the problems even worse, with less people around we needed to buy even more accounts to maintain ourselves. Some reasons were modifications KK made which alienated or pissed off portions of the community. Other times it was just time for people to move on to other games. Once people start leaving, those that remained have less and less of a reason to stay themselves. Especialy when you're like me and pretty much only play NC because of the community.

Having said that though.. did anyone notice Jupiter is still alive and kicking... and is one slot? Doesn't that just throw all the "Pluto experiment failed" statements out the window? Maybe a single character server can work with the right conditions.

That aside, I agree completely that we should get some kind of discount. We're the reason KK can pull up an account listing and say they have tons of customers, when we know its really just alts. Considering we pay more then other customers, we should get some special consideration. Also its not even just that I'm going to be paying more, it's that the whole thing is biased against those of us that played on Pluto. It's true that I have as many slots available to me to transfer over as anyone else, but because I picked Pluto I only have one char. If I had picked Saturn or Uranus I'd have four. In order for me to compete with everyone else I now hafta start multiple Saturn chars and level them up before DOY hits just so that I can take advantage of the same number of slots for items to transfer. It's that or pay through the roof on multiple accounts to be transfered. About $100 USD will get me 4 chars worth of items, which is the same as a Saturn player would have gotten on his single $25 USD account.

I was angry when KK forced me into a position of buying a second account because they couldn't balance the game. Now I'm angry once again at being forced to either pay through the roof or work my ass off just to be equal to someone from a multi char server.

deac
30-08-04, 20:36
i think we all have to agree with carinth here...

cant really find anything else to add... wished ppl like carinth worked for kk ;)

Rade
30-08-04, 20:41
wished ppl like carinth worked for kk ;)

Whats saying there arent? Regardless of what you think, its not an easy job,
and all goodwill in the world cant do miracles.

I really want the ability to merge accounts, but it will probably never happen
to to database integrity and the massive work it would take to organize such
a feature.

Its like, "we want better server stability, we want mechs, we want doy NOW,
we want account merges, we want thisndatandwhatnot." Ok, do you want to
pay 5$ more a month for the staff to achieve these things?

Scikar
30-08-04, 20:56
The dynamics of a single char server are fragile and dependant on many things. But basicly there are two aspects, Game Balance and Population.

The fundamental rule that has to be maintained for a single char server is that every character type *must* be fun to play on it's own. No class should be the bitch that works all the time while other's get to play. If a support class is going to exist that isn't as much fun to play as the other classes, then under no circumstances should the other classes be dependant on that support class.

That's the main problem we have now in Nc. Classes/Professions exist that are crucial for everyone else to continue playing the game, but almost noone wants to play them due to how unfun they are or the problems/bugs involved in them. The infamous multi accounts began when people stopped playing needed support roles on their primary chars. Personaly I went from a researcher/poker/ppu to a pure ppu and had to buy a second account to make a researcher/poker. Researching was and still is the absolute worst thing you can do in nc. In this aspect I blaim KK entirely for me having to play two chars on a single char server. I would have been happy to stay as only Carinth, but I couldn't.
Can't disagree with you here.

The other aspect is population, which isn't directly KK's fault. Many things happened that started a snowball effect of people leaving Pluto or the game entirely. Lower population made the problems even worse, with less people around we needed to buy even more accounts to maintain ourselves. Some reasons were modifications KK made which alienated or pissed off portions of the community. Other times it was just time for people to move on to other games. Once people start leaving, those that remained have less and less of a reason to stay themselves. Especialy when you're like me and pretty much only play NC because of the community.

Having said that though.. did anyone notice Jupiter is still alive and kicking... and is one slot? Doesn't that just throw all the "Pluto experiment failed" statements out the window? Maybe a single character server can work with the right conditions.
It doesn't throw it out of the window at all really. The primary reason Jupiter has a high poluation is because it's the only german server. There are german players on Saturn and Uranus but most play on Jupiter as far as I can tell. The English speaking community is the reverse, and most are on Saturn/Uranus. Also I don't know about the situation with alts on Pluto, there are also other things to consider (such as concentration of german speaking GMs to coincide with concentration of german speaking population etc.). Then, there's Venus. Venus compares very well to early Pluto. The difference? When it started going downhill and a few people suggested making the server 2 slot, Pluto said no, whereas Venus said yes. Venus thrives, Pluto has been in decline ever since that point.

That aside, I agree completely that we should get some kind of discount. We're the reason KK can pull up an account listing and say they have tons of customers, when we know its really just alts. Considering we pay more then other customers, we should get some special consideration. Also its not even just that I'm going to be paying more, it's that the whole thing is biased against those of us that played on Pluto. It's true that I have as many slots available to me to transfer over as anyone else, but because I picked Pluto I only have one char. If I had picked Saturn or Uranus I'd have four. In order for me to compete with everyone else I now hafta start multiple Saturn chars and level them up before DOY hits just so that I can take advantage of the same number of slots for items to transfer. It's that or pay through the roof on multiple accounts to be transfered. About $100 USD will get me 4 chars worth of items, which is the same as a Saturn player would have gotten on his single $25 USD account.

I was angry when KK forced me into a position of buying a second account because they couldn't balance the game. Now I'm angry once again at being forced to either pay through the roof or work my ass off just to be equal to someone from a multi char server.
And we're back to this argument again. It costs me less to take 40 items, but I have 4 characters to divide those 40 items between. Mules and tradeskill bitches are, as I keep having to say, the exception rather than the rule. This is proved in the 2 char server threads - there is only need for 1 tradeskill character at most. The vast majority of Saturn players have at most 1 mule and 3 combat characters. Some like me even use those tradeskill characters as combat characters. My constructor has to take all his rare weapons, imps and PA and then on top of that his construction glove and his TL150 tool. The myth that 3 of the 4 Saturn players' slots are taken up by mules is exactly that - a myth, and it's spread by Plutonians who still cling to the Pluto>all mindset.

Finally, you weren't forced by KK to buy a second account. If anyone forced you, it was your fellow Pluto players. Pluto could have had two slots just like Venus if the population had opened their eyes and asked for it, instead they turned down that chance and chose to pay for second accounts instead. That can't have been KK's fault, the majority said keep Pluto 1 char, so they did. And then character balance. Just think back for a minute about balance threads. How many of them are actually productive? How many more degenerate into mindless flaming and moronic statements like "My class has been nerfed enough already, keep it as it is"? Is it really any surprise that KK can't meet the wishes of the community when the community doesn't know what it wants?

And finally, did none of you ever think that something like this might happen? Surely you must have known, deep down, that there were bound to be consequences at some point for having 4 characters on a 1 character server?

MrChumble
30-08-04, 21:08
Whats saying there arent?
Perhaps the way changes are rushed through without considering their impact, and the fact that gameplay issues are ignored for months on end could be considered as clues.

I couldn't agree with Carinth more, he's hit the nail on the head.

-DM-
30-08-04, 21:47
What gets me is when ever the 1-slot vs multi-slot argument gets aired on these forums, its all a load of BS. Cause quite simply whats the difference between 1-slot multiple accounts and a multi-slot single account? NONE, and this is what really makes me laugh.

That means the multi-account Plutonians have been paying extra for no real game difference, only a different server atmosphere. That atmosphere is based on people, who could move to another server. So its not the server itself that makes the difference, but the people who play on it.

The server does not make you, you make the server!

So I suppose at the end of the day, I can see why the Plutonians are arguing for this (i.e. they have been shafted but for the above reason, but it was by their own choice, however knowingly/unknowingly made). Unfortunately I really do not think KK will sympathize with this at all. I mean come on guys you know full well what KK is like.

Shadow Dancer
30-08-04, 22:08

For the amount of hours mmorpgs give us, I still find 15$ a month to be cheap. Sure someone will say "LOLOLO U KID I HAVE WIFE AND KIDS TO SUPPORT LOLO", but buying the ocassional 50$ offline game for 10-15 hours of enjoyment is more expensive than neocron which you end up playing soooooooooo much more.

I agree with Scikar btw. Pluto players need to stop acting like most of saturn uses only 1 char slot or whatever. The announcement was made a while ago, you had plenty of time to make a char on saturn and gain money/rares and spread it across 4 slots. I didn't even have to do that. I just asked for handouts on saturn for about 30 minutes, and got marine, silent hunter, disruptor, 3 slot DG, rare melee freezer, tons of pistol/rifle rares, etc...

Jesterthegreat
30-08-04, 22:19
I'm not moaning about choosing to have multiple accounts, and I'm not only going to pay for one account...but apart from that you're spot on.

id like to answer this with a quote from you

"they'll be opening more servers later."

when it applies to me that seems to be ok... its different for you? you arent forced to play a multi char server, i have played on every server although i know about 3 german words and 5 french words...

MrChumble
30-08-04, 22:31
id like to answer this with a quote from you

"they'll be opening more servers later."

when it applies to me that seems to be ok... its different for you? you arent forced to play a multi char server, i have played on every server although i know about 3 german words and 5 french words...
If I want to play NC2 at release (which I do) on a server where I can actually talk to people (the most fun thing about the game) then I am forced to use a multi-slot server. I'm not bothered about that, I'd be going to a multi-slot server anyway if there was an option. I am bothered about not being able to do something as simple and common sense as move a character from one account to another.

Flaming KK isn't going to help my cause, but just imagine that this <rarr flame> is about three paragraphs worth of how much I hate KK for being so useless.

Jesterthegreat
30-08-04, 22:46
If I want to play NC2 at release (which I do) on a server where I can actually talk to people (the most fun thing about the game) then I am forced to use a multi-slot server. I'm not bothered about that, I'd be going to a multi-slot server anyway if there was an option. I am bothered about not being able to do something as simple and common sense as move a character from one account to another.

Flaming KK isn't going to help my cause, but just imagine that this <rarr flame> is about three paragraphs worth of how much I hate KK for being so useless.

people like me who have filled most slots are unable to even play all their chars... yet you explain that away by saying "they will add servers later".

you will have to pay for multiple accounts, but at least you can use all your chars. 1 slot server people may disagree with multi servers or keeping multi accounts... but think of people who wont have access to some of their chars too...

deac
01-09-04, 11:23
Whats saying there arent? Regardless of what you think, its not an easy job,
and all goodwill in the world cant do miracles.

I really want the ability to merge accounts, but it will probably never happen
to to database integrity and the massive work it would take to organize such
a feature.

well rade it cant be that hard since they have a import chars web interface in place allrdy...

and yes i would pay 5€ more a month for that feature.. infact i would pay 50€ for the ability to merge my accounts...

phunqe
01-09-04, 11:39
I didn't see this mentioned but all of you who has multiple accounts for support characters and want an account merge... Did you think of that you won't be able to log them simultaneously if they are merged?
One of my Pluto chars are shared, so are many others'.
I would really not like to be buggered to log out each and everytime a support char is needed. Often a support char is needed for a longer period of time and I wouldn't be able to play during this time at all.
Having to share my "main" password isn't something that appeals to me either.

It's just a small aspect yes, but enough to hinder a number of people to merge all accounts.

The ability to merge would be nice nevertheless. You would still have mutliple accounts for the reson given above.

Superbron
01-09-04, 12:58
Yes, give us the possibility to customize our accounts please.