PDA

View Full Version : [OT] XBox -> PC Servers?

-FN-
27-08-04, 05:43
So my friend here just picked up a subscription to XBox Live and Counterstrike... I was like cool. So I went and did a little research to see if he and I could play on the same server with his XBox copy of CS and my PC copy of CS... I found nothing indicated we could :( The menu system in the XBox version wasn't very intuitive as far as connecting to an IP or anything so in the half hour I put effort into this, I wasn't able to figure it out.

So I said oh well, he jumped in a CS game in my livingroom (and is playing right now) on the XBox, and I jumped into a game here on my PC. I said a few things about it and people in-game swear it *is* possible....... O_o

So has anyone had any experience with this? It would be cool to be killin' my buddy in the livingroom from my PC :D

Opar
27-08-04, 10:35
I think they tried soemthing like that with UT..... but PC players basiclly ********** everything, and the consoles couldn't keep up with Mouse + Keyboard combo.

Cubico
27-08-04, 10:47
As far as I know:

CS on PC: Server service is running somewhere on a dedicated computer
CS on XBox: Server service is running on one of the XBoxes.

Nightgoblin
27-08-04, 10:48
It is not possible to play CS on XBox with others on PC, because the XBox canīt leave the XBox-Live Aera und you canīt connect with your PC to XBox-Live.

amfest
27-08-04, 10:56
I recall when . .hmm I think it was dreamcast had Quake 3 area was it? ..I can't recall but PCs were suppose to be able to connect to players on the console. Only by the time they released it the PC version was patched several versions over the console version so in order to play on their servers you had to reinstall your pc version to that patch number.

My friend got onto a console server out of curiosity and got bitched out by the consoles owners cause he was on a PC and had better ping then them. I think he was called a cheater and all sorts of crap ;)

Personaly I wouldn't want to play anyone on a controller (well ones that possibly have a controller and not a keyboard mouse hookup for their console) I'd feel cheated on any wins because in my eyes they'd be handicapped. I know there are some good people with controllers but let's face it .. it's no mouse and keyboard ;)

I'd feel like a ** character taking on a 20/20 character . . . what's the point. Wheres the fun ;)

retr0n
27-08-04, 12:46
no idea if it's possible or not, but if you are able to bring up something
that looks like a console on the xbox try /server <ip>:<port>

Mumblyfish
27-08-04, 13:30
It's not possible. They're different games. Not the same. End of story.

Now who wants a body massage?

P4mp3rk3
27-08-04, 15:49
Now who wants a body massage?
I do!

and I don't like consoles...maybe for racing games and pacman and the likes but for anything else I'd get a pc... matter of opinion I guess

K0vert
27-08-04, 16:19
Really the only way i can see it happening is getting your own copy of CS for the xbox. And get a emulator and play it from your comp. But make sure it's a good one where you can change the key settings. Otherwise your screwed.