PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if NC2 is still anti-city biased

Lareolan
26-08-04, 23:29
Here's what I wonder. Do you think NC2 will still be biased against the city the way it is now? Why do I think it's biased against city? Well, look at the leveling zones...

The popular ones are: Aggie cellars, Storage Halls 7, MB Bunker, Aggie pit near Chester, Warbots, El Farid, Fire mobs and chaos caves. Now those are not ALL of the leveling areas, but these are the most popular. Why are they popular? Because they are fairly easy and you level quick in those...
Now let's break it down...

Aggie Cellars - in Neocron City, low level mobs.

Storage Halls 7 - in city, mid low level mobs. Slowish leveling compared to other equivalent places.

MB Bunker - At MB, technically MB is controlled by the City Mercs who are mercenaries and are a neutral party not to mention that it is way out of the way and far from the city.

Aggie Pit - In the middle of nowhere, nearest to CM, TG, FA and DOY... (Hmm.... 1 neutral and 3 anti-city).

Warbots - All around in the vicinity of MB. Pretty slow to level on due to low rank and few numbers, mostly useful for tech hunting. Still mostly in neutral/hostile territory (for city folks).

El Farid - Good place for mid level leveling, especially with AoE weapons (pretty much everyone except melee and rifle spy). Now however it's totally in TG/FA/DOY territory...

Fire Mobs - Great place to level and gather techs at mid high and high level. However only available in areas near TG (and often guarded by those "nice" 120/120 faction guards)

Chaos Caves - Awesome place to level in team, especially with AoE, again only available in TG areas.

So what the heck? If you go with City, you can level to about /30 and then you're stuck... If you're anti-city, you get to level anywhere you wish and can cap relatively fast, which means it is more worth it to play anti-City.

Now this does NOT make any sense to me honestly... For instance, CA is obsessed with control and protection of NC. How the heck do they train THEIR enforcers and soldiers? Why don't City factions have any places to train to become a fighting force to oppose their enemies? From a logical standpoint, with anti-city facing such adversity and danger just to surive whereas the city folks mostly see a launcher cyclops as the most dangerous and very rare opponent... The city folks should be so soft that Anti-city factions should have dominated the city by now!

Comon! This makes no common sense, RP sense or game mechanic sense or even simply player balance sense.

Opinions?

Spermy
26-08-04, 23:45
A shuffle round of monster inhabitants. A few wabbits round Gravis or crest would be lush. Another desert at the bottom of the map for a few fire mobs maybe?

Terayon
27-08-04, 00:03
so your point is what... everyone has good leveling areas. the tg just lack mid lvl mobs right outside their canyons. and the fa energy cores just need some fixing. there, problem solved.

if i missed your point try to display it a little bit better. if your point was "anti city is tough while city folks arnt. city folks would be dead" then friggin, thats one retarded point and dousent even make sense. there are tons of high level lvling spots for every faction.

Lareolan
27-08-04, 00:08
so your point is what... everyone has good leveling areas. the tg just lack mid lvl mobs right outside their canyons. and the fa energy cores just need some fixing. there, problem solved.

if i missed your point try to display it a little bit better. if your point was "anti city is tough while city folks arnt. city folks would be dead" then friggin, thats one retarded point and dousent even make sense. there are tons of high level lvling spots for every faction.

Ok... So where would you level as a CA runner of reasonable level? Say... main stat of 80+ base? In TG chaos caves or in TG fire mobs? No, every faction has a decent place to level at low levels. Some have also good mid-level leveling spots. (TG are at a bit of a disadvantage there, but they can freely go to TH or El Farid for the mid level mobs). But for the high level, it's primarily fire mobs or chaos caves because they give the most xp. Which are BOTH right by TG. Still don't see my point?

solling
27-08-04, 00:10
im gonna assume it will be like early retaail most was city cuz its easy lvling for low lvl chars and they are n00bs so they dont knw whats what i started at city cuz i thought wow tis kewl and best lvling etc more new peops will prolly do the same

tho most of the old ones will sadly go doy

Lareolan
27-08-04, 00:18
im gonna assume it will be like early retaail most was city cuz its easy lvling for low lvl chars and they are n00bs so they dont knw whats what i started at city cuz i thought wow tis kewl and best lvling etc more new peops will prolly do the same

tho most of the old ones will sadly go doy

Well, that's kinda my point also... In the game as it is currently designed, it is easier to go with an anti-city char. More freedom of movement, more powerful and varied places to hunt... So much for "Experienced players only" factions. LOL! I think it should be at least a little bit more balanced. If KK do not want to shift mobs around, perhaps implement some in-city "training facilities" where you can go and kill things that would be somewhat similar in strength and level to the chaos caves? These could be genetically engineered and bread (a collaboration between Biotech, Proto Pharma and City Admin) mobs from the world of Neocron, designed for rapid reproduction (to explain why you can clear the "facility" and the next time you get back there, it's full again). The facilities themselves could be built and run by Diamond Real Estate perhaps? :D

Benjie
27-08-04, 00:20
TG don't reside in the canyon anymore remember.

Lareolan
27-08-04, 00:33
Edited....

Uh oh! Better edit that Benjie, NDA, no? (No, I never heard of this. And I am not aware of any official piece of info stating this). Just don't want you to get into trouble, I did appreciate your diary, though I found it a bit fanboyish.

P.S. Benjie, where is diary #2? You promised one would be coming a long time ago :D

Benjie
27-08-04, 00:49
Uh oh! Better edit that Benjie, NDA, no? (No, I never heard of this. And I am not aware of any official piece of info stating this). Just don't want you to get into trouble, I did appreciate your diary, though I found it a bit fanboyish.

P.S. Benjie, where is diary #2? You promised one would be coming a long time ago :D
Please don't call me a fanboi. No Diary #2. I'm not prepared to recieve flames for my hard work.
No NDA breakage. Reakktor already announced this information.

Hence:
remember.

Dirk_Gently
27-08-04, 00:52
I did appreciate your diary, though I found it a bit fanboyish.

Hardly his fault.......KK were hardly going to let him slag the game.

He wasn't allowed to release enough info other than to sound like a total fanboi I think.

Glok
27-08-04, 01:07
Please don't call me a fanboi.I guess you are denying that then? :rolleyes:

edit: I am a bit of a fanboi myself, but hell, if I put you in my coffee I would probably puke.

Lareolan
27-08-04, 01:08
Please don't call me a fanboi. No Diary #2. I'm not prepared to recieve flames for my hard work.
No NDA breakage. Reakktor already announced this information.

Pardon me, but I did NOT call you a fanboy. I said I found the diary (and the views expressed in it) a bit fanboyish. This is very VERY different from calling you a fanboy. I do not know you, hence I have no way to know if you are one or not.

And um... Well, I do not remember because I have never come across that information :(

Terayon
27-08-04, 01:13
graves..... swamp caves..... horrid beasts.... warbots..... the caves right under crp..... the question is where cant you level.

ezza
27-08-04, 01:14
I guess you are denying that then? :rolleyes:

edit: I am a bit of a fanboi myself, but hell, if I put you in my coffee I would probably puke.
dipping Benjie in your coffee :wtf: strange very strange

:p

edit: you get decayed mobs around the midlands, there good leveling and these days decent for techs also

at below, ya the anti city are gonna get the best, however ive heard from somewhere that leveling is gonna be slower in NC2

Glok
27-08-04, 01:16
graves..... swamp caves..... horrid beasts.... warbots..... the caves right under crp..... the question is where cant you level.I think the point is the grims and the chaos caves are the ultimate levelling spots, and they are both in TG territory.
dipping Benjie in your coffee :wtf: strange very strange:D

Also... WTF with the message too short notification on a fucking edit. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Lareolan
27-08-04, 01:16
graves..... swamp caves..... horrid beasts.... warbots..... the caves right under crp..... the question is where cant you level.

Ok, I'll explain this like I would to a 5-year old, you can't really not be getting this!

graves, swamp caves, horrid beasts, warbots, fire mobs and caves, ALL of those are in neutral/moderately hostile or hostile territory to pro city factions! At the same time they are neutral/friendly to anti-city factions. Does that sink in yet?

* Lareolan develops a nervous twitch above his left eye

solling
27-08-04, 01:24
graves..... swamp caves..... horrid beasts.... warbots..... the caves right under crp..... the question is where cant you level

how is swamp caves warbots horrid beasts hostile ? i dont think u are rigth about that

tho fire mobs mostley and all CC caves are for sure

i think they need to make some lvls in OZ wich are uba hard and uba good lvling like CC caves make liek 3 plazes in oz where paops can lvl as well and make OZ storages for all lvls

i would love to see oz get populated again

Benjie
27-08-04, 01:31
I guess you are denying that then? :rolleyes:

I enjoy Neocron, otherwise I wouldn't have subscribed to it for so long. I just don't appriciate being called a fanboi because more often than not it is used to trample down my opinions.

Also... WTF with the message too short notification on a fucking edit. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
The message isnt too short, it's too damn awesome thats what it is.

Back on topic: This is all a moot point since Reakktor have already announced that Twilight Guardian are moving into the Dome of York, infact I think I can hear the delivery vans firing up as we speak. Therefore the way I see it, both fire mobs and CRP should belong to anti-city in history only.

Celebrations, anyone?

Disturbed021
27-08-04, 01:35
Ok... So where would you level as a CA runner of reasonable level? Say... main stat of 80+ base? In TG chaos caves or in TG fire mobs? No, every faction has a decent place to level at low levels. Some have also good mid-level leveling spots. (TG are at a bit of a disadvantage there, but they can freely go to TH or El Farid for the mid level mobs). But for the high level, it's primarily fire mobs or chaos caves because they give the most xp. Which are BOTH right by TG. Still don't see my point?
So, I'm not sure I understand your point? All factions have several available places to level off of high-level mobs. You only named Firemobs and the chaos caves. While those are very popular leveling spots, especially the chaos caves because of all the mobs in a small space is great for AoE, however there are other spots that are just as good:

-Swamp caves, cristal caves and the graves for high-level poison mobs (graves + PPU/Antipoison Sanctum + AoE = awesome exp).
-Then you have WBs just to the east of TH and the surrounding zones there, along with Decayed Horrors and Brutes.
-Mutants which I believe get up to rank 80/80 at Reagents Legacy (those are kinda fun :p ).
-Tons and I mean tons of DoY bots in the north-east sectors.
-Crap loads of DoY Soldiers in the DoY tunnels.
-Y replicants in a couple of south east sectors (I really don't like those tho :( )

Lareolan
27-08-04, 02:00
So, I'm not sure I understand your point? All factions have several available places to level off of high-level mobs. You only named Firemobs and the chaos caves. While those are very popular leveling spots, especially the chaos caves because of all the mobs in a small space is great for AoE, however there are other spots that are just as good:

Yes, they are the best simply because they are high level and numerous, therefore giving the most xp in the shortest amount of time.

-Swamp caves, cristal caves and the graves for high-level poison mobs (graves + PPU/Antipoison Sanctum + AoE = awesome exp).
-Then you have WBs just to the east of TH and the surrounding zones there, along with Decayed Horrors and Brutes.
-Mutants which I believe get up to rank 80/80 at Reagents Legacy (those are kinda fun :p ).
-Tons and I mean tons of DoY bots in the north-east sectors.
-Crap loads of DoY Soldiers in the DoY tunnels.
-Y replicants in a couple of south east sectors (I really don't like those tho :( )

Um... I don't think you're getting the point.... Graves are practically in DOY. Cristal saves are not such good xp and the damn little bats are hard to target and are not nearly as much xp over time as other places. Swamp caves are also pretty far from city and therefore are not exactly in friendly territory and are not very good for quick leveling (though awesome for leveling a spy with a PPU).

WBs are again, in neutral/hostile to pro-city territory and are merely 80/85 mobs, and are pretty rare, it would take AGES to cap on WBs, especially after what KK said about leveling being slower in NC2.

DOY bots are VERY nasty, I have no clue WHY they are so nasty, these buggers are 90/90 and are tougher than a pack of grim chasers that are 120/120. On top of that, yet again, this is DOY, therefore extremely hostile territory!

Regants... Well... I keep hearing about them, but any time I head down there it is desolate with exception of some hurlers and aggies here and there.... Never seen any of those Regants soldiers. Again they are low level for capping fast unless they are really grouped together for good AoE.

Don't you understand? Anti-city factions get plenty of options on where to hunt high level mobs in relative safety from PKers and cap easily and quickly. Pro-city factions must go into extremely hostile territory where PKers are a constant threat, where they cannot level and cap in peace. Or have to plug away for AGES at lower level mobs.

solling
27-08-04, 02:04
dont forget doy tunnels

many entrances and some near the city

despite its name city lvling also

Benjie
27-08-04, 02:07
Don't you understand? Anti-city factions get plenty of options on where to hunt high level mobs in relative safety from PKers and cap easily and quickly. Pro-city factions must go into extremely hostile territory where PKers are a constant threat, where they cannot level and cap in peace. Or have to plug away for AGES at lower level mobs.
Guys, stop ignoring my point. CRP won't be Twilight Guardian protected if Twilight Guardian move out of the canyon.

Terayon
27-08-04, 02:10
so its a "if they get it i want it to" thread. i didnt see it becouse it appeared like everyone could use all the leveling spots you listed [ edited ] you could have made it

"anti city get better lvling spots. wtf" instead of what you said.

and so what if anti city can go anywhere plus a bit more. its changing soon with nc2 and even grims and caves are easily accesable my pro city factions who are hostile to tg and fa. i would know. i was tt for a year and a bit.

Lareolan
27-08-04, 02:22
so its a "if they get it i want it to" thread. i didnt see it becouse it appeared like everyone could use all the leveling spots you listed [ edited ] you could have made it

"anti city get better lvling spots. wtf" instead of what you said.

and so what if anti city can go anywhere plus a bit more. its changing soon with nc2 and even grims and caves are easily accesable my pro city factions who are hostile to tg and fa. i would know. i was tt for a year and a bit.

*sigh* No, this is NOT what I am saying. I play Crahn now, ok? So it really doesn't affect me at all (not to mention the fact that I have been capped for quite some time). What I am saying is that anti-city get better leveling spots. As such, there is an imbalance. And imbalance that leads more people to join that particular faction for the benefits it provides. (ever wonder why there are more anti-city than there are pro city players now?) And if it's not balanced out in NC2, then it will be even worse when NC2 hits because all the old players will go to DOY. Why? Because they've seen all there is to see in the game, so all the new stuff is in DOY. And all the newbies will end up moving to DOY once they figure what's what and that they will not be ganked non-stop if they go anti-city on the side of the gankers and on the side where they can level easier and faster.

joran420
27-08-04, 02:24
when i was pro city i did almost all my lvling at the chaos caves with very few problems.......I know thats not whwat this is about...but meh

Viper Venom
27-08-04, 02:42
city = copbot patrole, they deal with all the big nasties

Dirk_Gently
27-08-04, 02:48
Fill Industrial A with those CopBots out of Gaya Mine ;)

steweygrrr
27-08-04, 03:09
Ok, I'll explain this like I would to a 5-year old, you can't really not be getting this!

graves, swamp caves, horrid beasts, warbots, fire mobs and caves, ALL of those are in neutral/moderately hostile or hostile territory to pro city factions! At the same time they are neutral/friendly to anti-city factions. Does that sink in yet?

* Lareolan develops a nervous twitch above his left eye

Get some happy pills for that twitch man ;)

There is more than one sector full of firemobs that is easily accessible to pro-city factions, one near DRT springs to mind. If you want access to some of the others that aren't guarded by TG guards then take some ops, give yourself access to the other areas. Procity can even get into CRP and catlock bay chaos caves. Theres plenty of places to level if you're willing to work at it a little.

edit:- BTW there was no breach of the NDA, thats been well known information for the longest time. I think it was even MJS himself who said that TG and FA would be moving to the Dome and that they were toying with the idea of changing their faction homes into multi-part ops.

Benjie
27-08-04, 06:57
Fill Industrial A with those CopBots out of Gaya Mine ;)
YES!!

steweygrrr
27-08-04, 07:13
YES!!

You're a masochist :p :D