PDA

View Full Version : Neocron 2 - A fresh start, a new beginning for Reakktor....

Opar
26-08-04, 20:33
Now, Neocron 2 will (hopefully) bring us new content, new features, upgrades, better graphics, higher populations.

This is a fresh start for Neocron. As Selendor put superbly, we as a community need to bare no grudges, and treat everyone as equals, and wash our hands. But Neocron 2 should not just be a fresh start for Neocrons playerbase, it should be a fresh start for Reakktor.

Now, im talking about sticking to deadlines. Keeping your promises. Keeping your shit together. Keep us updated on goings-on. No lies. give us regular updates.

I mean, a couple of years ago, you promised the Neocron community a kind of expansion pack, called 'Neocron : Dome Of York'. This would be a FREE mega-patch. This 'patch' was delayed, and delayed again. Then it no longer became free, and you would have to pay. It became known as NC:BDOY. Then, Reakktor sees an oppertunity and takes it. Neocron : Beyond Dome Of York, evoloves into Neocron 2, and is delayed again. Several broken promises, nothing to make up for it.

So, I suggest when Neocron 2 is released, we forgive and forget KKs wrong-doings. and I suggst KK give us what they promised us.

I say, the next expansion pack for Neocron (yeah yeah, I know I know :p), SHOULD be FREE. It should be a FREE DOWNLOAD. It should have new shit. It should be a huge, free, mega-patch, expansion pack with lots of free shit...... De Ja Vou, anyone?

Here, is my 5-step plan to Neocron 2 success (take note KK ^_^).

1) Eventually, people will cap (again) and achieve everything (again) in Neocron 2 when the game is released, I DEMAND that Reakktor hire NEW PAID GAMEMASTERS, to host events, help with player support etc., and the current GMs can carry on unpaid, if they wish, otherwise, they leave :p. Reakktor need to, in some ways, look up to Alchemic Dream, and aim to be as good as them. In every way. They need to hold weekly events/fortnightly events on EVERY SERVER. They need APPROPRIATE SECURITY. If anyone screws it up, they recieve temporary bans until the event is over. The events need to be good. They need to ask the community what THEY want, and actually TAKE THE ADVICE of the community. After all, the customers know best. So, in summary, STEP 1 - HIRE NEW, PAID, GAMEMASTERS, AND AIM TO BE AS KEEN AS ALCHEMIC DREAM...... (nice jingle.)

2) Players need to be kept occupied after they cap. Events wont happen every day, so capped players need to be kept occupied with new content. They cant just fight in OP wars for months on-end until KK release 'the next patch' or 'the next expansion pack'. We've done that for 2 years. I suggest KK release patches _AT LEAST_ once every 2 weeks. Every patch should include at least 1 NEW (decent) ITEM. At least one NEW MOB, at least TWO new quests (could be linked to the previous two 'guidelines'?). I also suggest KK release a 'big patch' every 1.5-2 months. This patch would include ONE NEW LEVELING PLACE (be it a sewer, a new cave, whatever!), one NEW UBER-RARE ITEM (like how rare the Termi was when it first arrived at X-mas, this new uber-rare item would be no longer be available one week after the patch, meaning there would be about 6 uber-rare items every year.), one new 'COMMON-RARE' item, buildable via tech-parts, and upgrades to at least ONE OUTPOST. So, to summarize - STEP 2 - GIVE THE COMMUNITY REGULAR PATCHES, AND BIG-PATCHES EVERY SO OFTEN

3) The next step to securing Neocrons greatness, would be yo drastically improve the newbie expirience in the game. KK say this has (or will) be improved in Neocron 2, but I have my own ideas. If the paid GMs > unpaid GMs, then the unpaid GMs, should take it in turns to hang around the 'blue-room' in MC5, and answer any questions new players may have about the game. Maybe give them a tour of MC5, maybe they could Role-play a tourguide or something, I dono. But this games Newbie Expirience at present, is poor. Very much so. I believe that MC5 helpers, on top of the current NPCs, would vastly improve the newbie expirience, and help them hit the ground running, if you like. So, STEP 2 - VOLUNTEERS SHOULD GIVE NEWBIES A HEADS-UP, INSIDE AREA MC5.

4) Now, recently, members of KK have been interacting with the community a heck of a lot more than they did, say a year ago, but (imo) its still not good enough. KK need to keep us updated on things, for example, the GR at the race course. MJS said he would make the devs put it in straight away, it took AT LEAST one month after that statement for it to be put in. Why? We weren't kept updated, so we became restless, started flaming, and it all got out of hand. So I suggest, that when KK say they will implement something, they SHOULD implement it WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL, and, more importantly, Keep us notified about that is going on, why things have been delayed, how finished is the next patch, what new stuff are we getting, when are we getting it? Listening and learning from the community is a must, listen to the playerbase KK, and you will prosper, without a doubt. To summarize - STEP 4 - KEEP THE COMMUNITY UPDATED ON DELAYS, WHEN, WHY, HOW THINGS HAPPEN, AND INTERACT MORE. LISTEN TO THE EXPERTS.

5) Don't rush!!! When I say set, and meet your deadlines, I mean set REALISTIC deadlines. We don't want shit to be rushed, but we also want shit quick. Work harder, and be admired by your customers. We like shit, but we like good shit even more. Sure, we were/are pissed off about DOY/BDOY/NC2 not being free, and being delayed. Dont pull this shit on us for Tokyo 2. Dont delay it so much that it becomes (another) new game we have to pay a shit load for, but dont rush it either. Free and good > Paying for something good.

So, thats my 5-step plan for Neocron 2 glory. Reakktor, take note ;)

[D]est
26-08-04, 20:43
Amen!

Opar
26-08-04, 20:47
est']Amen!

Praise the lord mah brotha! By reading mah post, you have been ENLIGHTENED!!!!

Archeus
26-08-04, 20:51
So, I suggest when Neocron 2 is released, we forgive and forget KKs wrong-doings. and I suggst KK give us what they promised us.

Your like the abused woman who finds out her husband is cheating but said he won't do again and you believe him and make his dinner.

Dribble Joy
26-08-04, 20:52
2) Players need to be kept occupied after they cap. Events wont happen every day, so capped players need to be kept occupied with new content. They cant just fight in OP wars for months on-end until KK release 'the next patch' or 'the next expansion pack'. We've done that for 2 years. I suggest KK release patches _AT LEAST_ once every 2 weeks. Every patch should include at least 1 NEW (decent) ITEM. At least one NEW MOB, at least TWO new quests (could be linked to the previous two 'guidelines'?). I also suggest KK release a 'big patch' every 1.5-2 months. This patch would include ONE NEW LEVELING PLACE (be it a sewer, a new cave, whatever!), one NEW UBER-RARE ITEM (like how rare the Termi was when it first arrived at X-mas, this new uber-rare item would be no longer be available one week after the patch, meaning there would be about 6 uber-rare items every year.), one new 'COMMON-RARE' item, buildable via tech-parts, and upgrades to at least ONE OUTPOST. So, to summarize - STEP 2 - GIVE THE COMMUNITY REGULAR PATCHES, AND BIG-PATCHES EVERY SO OFTEN
I'd rather not be bought by items and mobs.
Why do you NEED a patch every 2 weeks?
Also releasing more rares? Why? It would clog the rare pool, and there is little space in the current TL range to fit them in.
To me content does not mean items.

Personally I am more interested in the story, so events, player interation and the neochronicle are a bit more important.
Quests are only good if they enhance the storyline and knowledge of the world around us.

Other wise I agree.
Paid GMs are indeed a must.
Suprises are good, so KK should not allways tell us what is coming up.

Benjie
26-08-04, 20:57
I'd like to be bought by content and storyline.
The events created by the faction councilers where good. I would like to see Reakktor get more people to do stuff like this so they happen more often. Perhaps pay someone to be Lioon Reza and the guys.

Opar
26-08-04, 21:06

Fair enough, but I know that some people (a large number of people) would definetley enjoy new items and mobs. Leveling characters by killing the same mobs over and over and over to cap is hardly exciting. I think new mobs would add new options to the regular daily-grind.

]Why do you NEED a patch every 2 weeks?

To keep us occupied! New quests = good, no? Now, at present, Neocron is just maybe tradeskill a bit, OP war, PKing run, tradeskill again, rinse, repeat. New patches = new content = new quests = more things to do = less bored players.... I think :)[/QUOTE]

Also releasing more rares? Why?

Oh come on, don't tell me you dont get bored of just using Judge/ROLH/whatever you use in OP wars? Dont you get bored of watching the same coloured tanks, using hte same weapons, with the same colour swirlies. This would add more variety, more individuality. Weapons should vary, not just Holy Lightning/Ravager or Cursed Soul/Libby/Judge/Healing Light.

It would clog the rare pool, and there is little space in the current TL range to fit them in.
To me content does not mean items.

Okay, this is a very good point. But im sure if we remove the ultimas, the useless melee weapons, Crahn Antibuff etc. We'll have a fair bit of space left for new rares....

Personally I am more interested in the story, so events, player interation and the neochronicle are a bit more important.
Quests are only good if they enhance the storyline and knowledge of the world around us.

OMG NICE IDEA!!!! Neocron should be a dynamically-changing world. Events, quests, Neocrhonicle should directly effect the in-game world. omg. DJ scores!

Other wise I agree.
Paid GMs are indeed a must.
Suprises are good, so KK should not allways tell us what is coming up.

Glad we agree ^^

DonnyJepp
26-08-04, 21:08
I generally agreed with your statements

Have they announced "the date" yet for when characters will be rolled into NC2 and the items wiped?

QuantumDelta
26-08-04, 21:08
KK Remove useless rares?
I think they did that once...

--
Anyway.
Good list, though new features and things doesn't need to mean new rare weaponry.

KK could -- as they have hinted with NC2, easily expand upon the non-PvP Side of things.

Opar
26-08-04, 21:09
I'd like to be bought by content and storyline.
The events created by the faction councilers where good. I would like to see Reakktor get more people to do stuff like this so they happen more often. Perhaps pay someone to be Lioon Reza and the guys.

IMO, my '5-step plan' should suit everyone, if KK implement it correctly. If the quests teach people about the world around them. If the new weapons fit in with various stories. New things need to fit in with storyline. New storyline needs to be constantly developed. The two compliment each other.

Endar
26-08-04, 22:13
Wooo.... So after a year we would have 52 new quests ATLEAST?? And how many quests there are coming with NC2... Would the Neocron be nothing more than doing quests?

One thing I would like to see for sure is that you could actually level up via tradeskills and level up via Hacknet. And I also hope that they will do the hacknet in "cyberpunk way", I mean, no fecking new transportation system like in stupid AO. It should be another place to lvl up, adventure, do quests and stuff.

And another great feature would be slotted HackTools. Those hack tools would go from 1-5 slots (Shop bought) and 5-10 slots (from quests). Those slots in the hacktool would act like quickbelt in real world. You can put stuff and take stuff from it before you enter the hacknet. I mean stuff like hacking programs, icebreakers, decrypt tools ect. And you could only use stuff what you have in your hacktool, so the hacktool would act like CyberDeck in CyberPunk.

Ok amen and see ya and all...

sshrul
26-08-04, 22:52
[QUOTE=Opar] But Neocron 2 should not just be a fresh start for Neocrons playerbase, it should be a fresh start for Reakktor.

Yes I aguee should be a new start and it should start now for everyone players and Reakktor let stop the Bitchin now.

I do think the Mc5 area needs major work I think we all aguee on that for sure. But lets stop bitchin about you need to do and that before the NC2 comes out Reakktor is doing there best for the amount of people they have, I believe they have put there heart and soul into this game and they have delivered one Hell of a damn good game. And all we do Bitch, Bitch at them. They have done good work for all the Bitchin we've done and they have put up with all of it. If we where in another community Bitchin the way we do, we would have been asked to leave and leave the game we were playing , but they have not done that. So we should be thankful for the game they gave us now, because I know I am and sit back and enjoy the ride.

Spermy
26-08-04, 23:41
OKAY - Things i would like to see.

A Range of tank eyes, for heavy combat.

Stack damage drones - (Maybe rares)

Some kind of shield armour for Droners (this is just a random thought - prolly won't work)

Rare flamer weapon.

Damage type mods for melee weapons Ie Fire poison etc.

More AOE pistols - just for variation. =)

Every so often an upgrade of a certain area in patch form Eg August - Plaza 1 gets a facelift (saves downloading a huge client fulla crap that looks nice - do it in chunks.

Cigarettes as a drug type - Increase handling of weapons Ie Weaponlore +5 Body hlth -2 or summat - calms you down makes you aim better. Looks cool.

Thats it. Some I feel are reasonable - just may take some hard graft - some are a bit more far fetched though.

Oath
27-08-04, 00:31
1) Eventually, people will cap (again) and achieve everything (again) in Neocron 2 when the game is released, I DEMAND that Reakktor hire NEW PAID GAMEMASTERS, to host events, help with player support etc., and the current GMs can carry on unpaid, if they wish, otherwise, they leave :p. Reakktor need to, in some ways, look up to Alchemic Dream, and aim to be as good as them. In every way. They need to hold weekly events/fortnightly events on EVERY SERVER. They need APPROPRIATE SECURITY. If anyone screws it up, they recieve temporary bans until the event is over. The events need to be good. They need to ask the community what THEY want, and actually TAKE THE ADVICE of the community. After all, the customers know best. So, in summary, STEP 1 - HIRE NEW, PAID, GAMEMASTERS, AND AIM TO BE AS KEEN AS ALCHEMIC DREAM...... (nice jingle.)

How fucking ignorant could you possibly be?

Ciara
27-08-04, 00:39
Hrm...while things can always be improved, and there is always room for improvement in any sort of environment like this - I found that to be a big slap in the face to all the excellent unpaid volunteers who work day in an day out supporting Neocron. To be quite honest, I think Neocron has great event GM's, great support GM's, no one likes the mods, but they do their damn job ;) (only half kidding!) For not being paid to put up with the bullshit, they are better than hrm let's just say other online gaming customer support :lol:

Glok
27-08-04, 00:42
Rare flamer weapon.Isn't that what the Devourer is? o_O
How fucking ignorant could you possibly be? :confused:

Blargius
27-08-04, 00:58

Great stuff there, I agree with most of it. Being a very new to the game, I really wish I could just CHOOSE NOT TO UPGRADE TO NC2 AND KEEP ALL OF MY FUCKING STUFF. For me, Neocron is still a great mystery and I don't give 2 shits about NC2.

Marx
27-08-04, 01:15
Here's a much simpler idea.

Better representation within the community, ingame, and through customer service.

We know they're going to add stuff through patches after NC2, but if they talk to us first they can tweak it so most things get a minimum of whine. As opposed to recent patches where some of the stuff doesn't even seem to appear in the patch notes.

More communication between KK representatives (mods don't count, neither does a 'community representative') and forum goers would alleviate fears and worries that pop up all the time. Ignoring it all or simply refraining from giving responses when you have an official forum which you guys supposedly 'browse' just increases player resentment. Whats the point of having these forums if you're not going to talk to us? If it's going to stay cold and clammy, you might as well close up shop and have players rely on player run forums like many other MMO's.

Not everyone will like you all the time, moreso since this is a game. That's to be expected... If these were the forums for... Say... "Quicken Tax Assistant", then I would expect polite customer complaints. This is a forum for a game, a game which revolves around Player versus Player conflict. Those types of games attract certain types of people, as is obvious with the current outspoken players, since you made the game... Live with it. Hiding behind the 'You guys are negative, we're not going to talk to you' spiel makes you look immature. Anty up, do your job, communicate what you're doing and even though some people will bitch, they'll keep playing, paying and referrign others to the game.

Better representation ingame - this would mean more GM's, or more active GM's to assist with player issues. The faction counsellor project was flubbed, great idea... Poorly implemented. Because of that you have people who have even less faith in KK and its storyline/content development. The FC's try and do alot, but there simply isn't enough coverage; and they really don't seem to do much to actually push plotline. Here's an Idea, make a GM character, name him Lioon Reza and have him give a speech or two from NCPD HQ or CA HQ. Maybe you can get Madame Veronique to hang around in her club at certain times... Hell, you can even throw meetings for the factions with thier heads and representatives - The possibilities are endless.

Instead, we get Faction Counsellors and GM's who do events. Many of which revolve around violence and PvP. Go Team, Rah Rah.

GM's and FC's have to be patient yet sharp people. Yes, some people are dicks, but ignoring them and everyone they associate with isn't the answer. There are a myriad of ways to handle them, many of which would be very fitting ingame. ONOZ, PKAR SPREE? You don't mess with the Faction Counsellor like that! Insta-gib. Good thing those invisable bodyguard sniper dudes are always around. Someone harassing a GM? Doesn't that violate rules? Punish.

Better representation through customer service - It's been stated that the item database is coming. Good. But just because you'll be able to tell if someones lying, or where some item went doesn't mean everything is peachy. Being quick to blame the person as opposed to an internal error (i.e. "ZOMG account sharing is the reason your apartment vanished even though you still have the key") is bad.

I understand that in many cases there's the distinct possibility of facing a language barrier - that's to be expected when serving several language markets. Something that should be resolved before is even has a chance of becoming an issue.

Viper Venom
27-08-04, 02:50
TAKE THE ADVICE of the community. After all, the customers know best. So, in summary, STEP 1 - HIRE NEW, PAID, GAMEMASTERS, AND AIM TO BE AS KEEN AS ALCHEMIC DREAM...... (nice jingle.)

kk listened to much to ppl, wich is why the game degraded from beta on towards retail,

kk have the rite idea most of the time, they shouild rather, listen more to the sugestions put to them by there gamers,

and erm, apart from that, i hole hearlely agree with what u wrote

Satocastix
27-08-04, 04:33
I love this thread, but while it does seem easier said than done, I have a few ideas of my own. I'm sure at least one of these was mentioned before, but I'm not in the mood to find it and apologize later. :lol:

Custom level set zones.

Consider it. While of course all areas in the Wastelands would accessible to all, there could be custom zones, ideal for leveling people belonging to a certain level range (beginner, medium, expert, obviously more to accomidate more levels). High-leveled characters will either be completely denied access or they need to be in a team with a character that matches the levelling area, or, seeing the potential problem letting them in with powerleveling, KS'ing and all, they could be denied access. Low-leveled characters would be granted access, but they would of course see that they're in a bit over their heads. :P

Increased spawn rates!

Nothing further.

Un-aggressive monsters.

There's an incredible amount of frustration being a lower-leveled character and getting blasted by a ** team of mobs in the wastelands when simply trying to travel a few zones. I know there are already monsters that don't aggro, but it's the ones that do that make a difference.

Opar
27-08-04, 09:55
How fucking ignorant could you possibly be?

Oh, right. I didn't say "Oh yeah, the current GMs are great and all, but....." so im 'fucking ignorant'? Im ignorant to wanting new, paid, GMs?

Or what? Im ignorant because it will cost money? I do believe MJS said KK were in a good finincial situation thingy. I think 8|

Care to expand Mr. Oath?

(NOTE : I was completely mean to the current GMs, I did say they could stay on unpaid.)

Oath
27-08-04, 10:17
Oh, right. I didn't say "Oh yeah, the current GMs are great and all, but....." so im 'fucking ignorant'? Im ignorant to wanting new, paid, GMs?

Or what? Im ignorant because it will cost money? I do believe MJS said KK were in a good finincial situation thingy. I think 8|

Care to expand Mr. Oath?

(NOTE : I was completely mean to the current GMs, I did say they could stay on unpaid.)

You're note is exactly what i meant. You are ignorant in that you assume a paid gm will do a better job than an unpaid one, you are ignorant to assume that AD are better than unpaid gms, you are ignorant to assume that anyone in their right mind would stay on as a gm after such a kick in the balls.

Expansion inbound.

This was my main sticking factor, i agree that we want/need more events, i think in some respects hiring some of our gm's would make their job more worthwhile, however as with any other situation like this, people get lazy, when they are garanteed money why would they put in the same level of work? Ii don't feel that it'd make much of a difference, in my personal experience reakktors gm's are better than AD's in fact considering that reakktor have 4 server's to watch to AD's one, then i'd say they are doing a great job. (not to insult AD in any way, i like what they did with their server)

It's safe to assume that some of the current gm's have been around for years, and to simply bring in fresh PAID blood over and above them, that's what i meant by you're ignorance.

You are entitled to you're opinion, and im not trying to change it, however in my opinion its one of the most ignorant and anal things you could say.

/expansion over.

:p

EDIT:

If i run a company, and i use volunteers, those volunteers stick with me through all sorts of shit, they are the best at their job bar none, however i decide to bring in some complete noob who knows nothing but has bright ideas, and then give the volunteers the option to stay on unpaid, do you think i would get away with that? I certainly don't.

Opar
27-08-04, 10:27
you are ignorant to assume that AD are better than unpaid gms

All I can say is....

How fucking ignorant can you be??????

:rolleyes:

Oath
27-08-04, 10:56
All I can say is....

How fucking ignorant can you be??????

:rolleyes:

I'm not the one making assumptions am I?

I've played on Venus, and as i said in my opinion reakktors gm's are better, although i like what AD did with the server.

So explain, what's ignorant please?

You clearly just dont want to listen, if this is the case then say so and i won't bother wasting my time posting. However if you want to continue then open you're eyes eh?