PDA

View Full Version : NC2 Server rules....read

Ryuben
26-08-04, 17:53
Ok atm when in a op zone on Pluto + staurn u don't drop belts

With the new servers will you drop belts.

just wondering what the "server" rules will be.

Vampire222
26-08-04, 17:56
don't think people will start dropping belts in warzones... back when it was a hot issue only the german community opted to get that, and so did they (jupiter)

Ryuben
26-08-04, 17:58
don't think people will start dropping belts in warzones... back when it was a hot issue only the german community opted to get that, and so did they (jupiter)

and the game is getting a 90% german release :rolleyes: so what do u think will happen.

ezza
26-08-04, 18:00
and the game is getting a 90% german release :rolleyes: so what do u think will happen.
the germans are also getting two servers for themselves international will proberbly follow saturn/pluto rule set, unless changes in NC2 mean that other things like this will change

Ryuben
26-08-04, 18:01
the germans are also getting two servers for themselves international will proberbly follow saturn/pluto rule set, unless changes in NC2 mean that other things like this will change
its a new game so why will they follow old rules, and we have bitched our selves about people not giveing up so it might make sense

ezza
26-08-04, 18:04
its a new game so why will they follow old rules, and we have bitched our selves about people not giveing up so it might make sense
well as i say unless something is in NC2 that brings these changes why would KK change somthing that the general populus out side of jupiter wanted to keep

though for all we know the belt drop system may be overhauled meaning that they will once more drop items in warzones

amfest
26-08-04, 18:15
I think you should drop a belt. I also think the safe slot should be unlocked. There should be a big element of risk in taking an Op, but there should be a better incentive for taking an Op for this risk. The bonus is nice . . . if you're a newbie character or tradeskilling isn't your main point taker. The only thing I can think of is maybe if you build at a factory that the max condition can be very high like 200 or more and it increases the chances at slots. Uplinks with the coming of hacknet should have a Use though. Hmm labs . . hmmm . . not really sure what would be a good bonus . .umm maybe a bigger chance at "NOT" destroying a data cube. Which might actually be better if you can't crunch at a lab as long as you have a certain amount of points over the TL. Same for failing .. if you're a certain amount over you wont' fail anymore with special saftey equipment at the labs this could be possible. Fortress should have the skill add at the op and a reduced bonus while in other zones. recycle is getting better . . . . but hmmmm . . . . Also maybe when tradeskilling at the appriopate tradeskilling Ops you don't use as much of your fluid/substance/grease and such. Labs should include poking. Factorys repairing.

Oh damn .. think i'm babbling now -_-;;; sorry ;)

Vampire222
26-08-04, 18:15
and anyway, they can change it in a *flash* like they did with jupiter

Benjie
26-08-04, 18:16
Would you expect a small American company to focus mainly on Sweden? No. So why expect Reakktor not to focus on Germany?

Sakletare
26-08-04, 18:18
focus mainly on Sweden
Everyone loves Sweden. :p

Ryuben
26-08-04, 18:19
Would you expect a small American company to focus mainly on Sweden? No. So why expect Reakktor not to focus on Germany?

its marketing a World wide game

not the words WORLD WIDE, [ edited ]

Microsoft is an American Company and it Focus on a WORLD wide market not jsut on america.

IF KK want Neocron 2 to be BIG they have to get there fingers into the WORLD wide market.

And KK arn't small i think that last year the turn over was 1 mill +

Benjie
26-08-04, 18:24
[ edited ]
That was a pointless think to say, all it did was insult me.

IF KK want Neocron 2 to be BIG they have to get there fingers into the WORLD wide market.

And KK arn't small i think that last year the turn over was 1 mill +
I expect 10tacel know buisness more than you do. It was most likely there influence that made Reakktor decide to focus in Germany in the beggining. Because Germany is an easier market to concour than the world wide market, they have a higher chance of success rate. After which they will include Asia, England and the USA almongst other markets (& Sweeden!).

Ryuben
26-08-04, 18:27
I expect 10tacel know buisness more than you do. It was most likely there influence that made Reakktor decide to focus in Germany in the beggining. Because Germany is an easier market to concour than the world wide market, they have a higher chance of success rate. After which they will include Asia, England and the USA almongst other markets (& Sweeden!).

ok go look at the board of directors for 10 Tacel

you will see alot of familia faces

as some one said before

"seems like KK got fed up with CDV and decided to have a bash at marketing them selves"

[ edited ]Big Ben is Doing the marketing Not 10tacel, all 10 tacel are doing is providing finacheal backing + a better name brand

ufora
belt drop in ops would incourage ninja'ing

amfest
I wouldn't exactly consider it a "true" world wide game till there are servers placed in locations around the world. And the Asian market is hit.

Benjie
26-08-04, 18:28
ok go look at the board of directors for 10 Tacel

you will see alot of familia faces

as some one said before

"seems like KK got fed up with CDV and decided to have a bash at marketing them selves"

I don't know how there contract worked. Still Germany is easier to conqour than the world in the short term, I find impossible to believe otherwise.

Also if you took ur head out of KK's ass for long enough
Please stop it, It's just offensive. I'm sure you wouldn't want people being so horrible to you.

no you don't know so stop posting

kthxbye

Why post on a topic u admit u know nothing about
Don't twist my words. There is no way any of us could know how KK's contract worked.

Ryuben
26-08-04, 18:30
I don't know

kthxbye

fdx

amfest
26-08-04, 18:40
I don't know how there contract worked. Still Germany is easier to conqour than the world in the short term, I find impossible to believe otherwise.

kthxbye

fdxIt doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that advertising and working to sell to your own country is easier and more productive "in the short run" (if you don't advertise correctly and rush things you could fail miserbly trying for the world wide market) than hitting the world wide market. I personally find no problem with it as long as they "prepare well" for a release in other countries. What's the home base is hit then they can focus on the adveristing in other countries instead of maybe half-assing it to release to everyone at one time.

Selendor
26-08-04, 18:45
Umm, ignoring the flames a second, I hope they don't allow belt drops in Op zones. I can only really see it discouraging op wars, people wont want to risk losing items, especially for example if they are outnumbered and under attack. Right now people come and fight even if its suicide. Action=fun. The opposite would happen if you dropped belts. Also people would carry around inferior versions of their weapons in case they dropped them.

Would also encourage mass zergs, so that you guarentee you won't lose your belt if you die.

ezza
26-08-04, 18:47
Umm, ignoring the flames a second, I hope they don't allow belt drops in Op zones. I can only really see it discouraging op wars, people wont want to risk losing items, especially for example if they are outnumbered and under attack. Right now people come and fight even if its suicide. Action=fun. The opposite would happen if you dropped belts. Also people would carry around inferior versions of their weapons in case they dropped them.or it would become zerg attack every op fight, noone will fight without 1/2 the server backing them up

Benjie
26-08-04, 18:47
Umm, ignoring the flames a second, I hope they don't allow belt drops in Op zones. I can only really see it discouraging op wars, people wont want to risk losing items, especially for example if they are outnumbered and under attack. Right now people come and fight even if its suicide. Action=fun. The opposite would happen if you dropped belts. Also people would carry around inferior versions of their weapons in case they dropped them.

Would also encourage mass zergs, so that you guarentee you won't lose your belt if you die.
I completely agree. We need to encorage more action because there will probabally be less of it seperating City with Anti City.

or it would become zerg attack every op fight, noone will fight without 1/2 the server backing them up
Thats an exaduration, but large scale fight from time to time would be good. I don't think people will refuse to fight without half of the server backing them up, but if the problem is getting people to fight try not to forget that all of the english/american community will be on one server. There should be no problems finding people to fight with you.

amfest
26-08-04, 18:52
I completely agree. We need to encorage more action because there will probabally be less of it seperating City with Anti City.It'll be sad but i'm sure people will pk their own city allies -_-;;

So there will still be action. But to find more you'll have to go out into the "surprise" waste.

Either way Ops are boring currently. It's sad that people just own them mostly to get "action", or because they want to see a pretty color on the map to gloat.

or it would become zerg attack every op fight, noone will fight without 1/2 the server backing them up
That wont' happen because 1/2 the server will be attempting to attack the cities. Which will be funny because most likely the DOY city people will attack neocron but at the same time the neocron city people will be attacking DOY so in the end both sides will end up fighting NPCs and newbs ;)

ezza
26-08-04, 18:59
i know its an exageration, but then since ive had fights against 1/2 the server at points in time in NC1 i wouldnt put it past people to gather such a force to fight with when they risk the change of losing hard earned rares.

i know i wouldnt want to risk my tanks rares unless i was pretty sure we had a good chance of winning

.Cyl0n
26-08-04, 19:03
id love beltdrops everywhere..

Shadow Dancer
26-08-04, 19:48
id love beltdrops everywhere..

Hey you got unbanned. :)

And yea, i'd like to see beltdrops everywhere too.

[TgR]KILLER
26-08-04, 20:05
din't even read no more..

when you gonna drop belts and you gonna lose the safe slot only big clans will go do op wars who got loads of backup items.. smaller clans without rare pools that take loads of appartments can't affourd to lose their stuff..

and esp with everything whiped it would be BS.. you gonna have no backup guns or anything.

OP fights are fun.. you take loads of people into a fight you can use all weapons you like cause there is no risk in losing it.. only people who want a belt drop are the big ass clans who gonna win anyway :rolleyes: we always lost most of our op wars.. but they were fun..

Candaman
26-08-04, 20:46

this hasn't happened on jupiter and i like how it is there adds some more risk to op fites so people can't keep coming back and coming back and coming back time and time again

Selendor
26-08-04, 21:04
Hmm, to play devil's advocate to my own post, I suppose that by having a greater risk of dropping items, it might stimulate the trade and hunting markets since people would be continually looking for replacement and backup items. I seem to remember Scikar making a post about that a long time ago.

However - this segways into my personal (and lonely) belief that Rare weapons should only be a tiny bit better than other weapons, making you competitive regardless. This would allow people to fight earlier, and also negate the above risk of changing the belt drop rules.