PDA

View Full Version : How Neocron lost its soul

Selendor
26-08-04, 16:08
So, its been a long road, we've genrepped a thousand times, shot those stupid mobs till we are sick of them, spammed 'sex' more times than is healthy, and now, Neocron is about to die. The success of its sequel is far from assured. We will grab what we can, and look to the new version of this world for our Neocrack. But while we worry about the physical items we can take, I think we should stop and consider the most important item we'll be transferring to Neocron 2 - its soul.

And its the biggest problem we face.

Neocron has changed a lot since its launch two years ago, not really in form, not in reliability or performance. No, I'm talking about the atmosphere. The game we play does not feel the same as it did. There is a cold undercurrent, an elitist bravado born out of boredom and the perception that we as players have no real 'voice' anymore. Its hard to place where this went wrong. I think somewhere along the line we all got a little burnt, we've all got our story to tell. It could have been the griefer that killed us 20 times, it could have been the bugs that lost our items and left us with a measly 100k in our hands. For many, it was the inevitable reaching of the 'end game', where the content ran out, the cap was reached, we'd seen it all, killed it all, and suddenly realised that nothing new was forthcoming. Expansions, promised for so long ago, were delayed. Real, delivered content for the capped player, was drip-fed, and more often broke more than it fixed. Meanwhile the developer was unable to prevent this slide, as players became bored, and a bored player loses his morals fast, especially as all roads lead to mindless combat.

It didn't used to be this way. We arrived, blinking and wet behind the ears, into this brand new world, full of hope, startled by fatals I'll admit, but eager to understand, and in many ways, 'happy'. People used to have standards, moral codes, friendly factions were allies, your faction was your home, you were proud if it, you never wanted to switch around. Of course there were exceptions, there were griefers, and mad pkers, but they weren't the majority. Now I find players I knew since day one, all angry, bored, and ready to kill anyone they meet. They swear back at me from the other side of the battlefield, their voices shrill with violent malice. I start to think they have sold their account, it can't be them...but its just the way the game is now, and we're all infected.

How could this have happened to rational people? Its happened to me too, I play now mostly in a PvP clan, combat is the drug that keeps the game alive, Op wars the teamwork challenge that I enjoy the most.

You can equally argue that this is not a bad thing, that ultra violent, pvp-only gameplay, backed up by 'I must be better than you' mentality is what gives this game its edge. But I disagree, competitive instincts draw us into this game, but the community and friendships that develop keep us playing. There are so many great people playing this game, articulate, intelligent, funny, sarcastic...and get to know these people in your clan and you will see its still there, but not on the surface anymore, and not for the new player, all alone, to see.

We should strive for balance, to create a world where pacifists and traders can prosper as much as the rabid carefree killer can too. We should try and get back to the innocence we used to have, treating all people with respect and trust. We don't all need to do this of course, but a core should, because new players are our lifeblood. In whatever form or quantity they finally take, in Neocron 2 we must welcome them, and integrate them fast into the game. If we don't this game will die sooner rather than later.

So get ready to transfer your characters, but not your prejudices. Leave them at Neocron's door. That person that you want to strangle in game? He's just a player like you, he crashes like you, and he's bored like you. Give him a break, don't flame him, and maybe he'll return the favour. Can you even remember the reason you hate these other people in game so much? What did they do that was so bad? I've seen so many misunderstandings, accidental friendly fire, and breakdowns of communication that it reminds me how limited text and emotes are for the job we put them to.

There is still some hope, we are by nature optimists to have stuck with this game so long. Those of us that make it to the next chapter should take a look at ourselves before we take a look at Neocron 2.

Sel

winnoc
26-08-04, 16:15
True words, spoken straight from his soul.

Hell-demon
26-08-04, 16:15
Well said.

The post apocalyptic feel has been drained. I know longer feel like a runner who wants to strive for survival but a guy who strives for an mc5 chip.

Ive met people who have changed into angry bitter folk complaining about KK and leave. Traders are the only friendly people you meet pkers are usually quite angry and bored....

lets hope this changes

ezza
26-08-04, 16:18
ya im many ways your right, i remember a time when you wouldnt automatically kill a enemy, now most of the time its like see red kill it.

we used to have the Pk clans, no need to name em since we all know em, but now everyone is doing it.

the atmosphere feels a lot diffrent now or at least it does when you look back on the past 2 years.

cant really put my finger on what happen to bring this change, i mean it cant of been a over night thing.

as for friends of old now swearing cursing insulting i aint come across this tbh, the people i know as CA i have to admit i dont really speak toanymore, though i wont insult them either np for me, others can do it, even from being crahn to merc to BD back to crahn cant recall being insulted by anyone i concidered a friend.

edit: actually one name i just remembered, a member of Phoenix killed me for no reason then proceded to insult me when i came back to the area and threaten me, funny how people can change i guess.

thou i proberbly aint the same guy you nid and sci knew in V nox, but then we proberbly all moved on a bit since the beggining, natural or forced evolution who knows

double edit:

a incident a while ago that i had, was on my tank who at the time was BD, i enter aggy celler P1 and start fighting a few CAs from one particular clan, now these guys had ganged up on my nibbish hybrid other day something like 4 to 1 and only managed to kill me cos i ran out of stamina(forgot stam boosts lol )so i went at them, before long all of them zoned out with me on near full health.

so i pop up and proberbly uncharaceristicly start flaming them calling them noobs need 4 people to kill one person blah blah whatever, one of them says, well we got to start somewhere, dont just start off uber pvper.

another incident springs to mind when my old Hybrid(original Ezza) a high level Ppu(yamma) and a high level apu(callous) all from FoC gang up and kill one low level member of a rival clan, was kinda funny but i guess that was a big deciding monemt, as a clan we never done a gankage like that always been a good clan, moment of becoming evil i think :lol:

Clownst0pper
26-08-04, 16:19
If the pvp wasnt as good as it is, I would have left 2 years ago.

Sadly there is nothing that rivals it, which is a shame, seen as there ARE better games.

Selendor
26-08-04, 16:26
If the pvp wasnt as good as it is, I would have left 2 years ago.

Its true, for all the arguments about balance, the PvP in this game is GREAT. Long, skilled battles can be had if you avoid the zerg, and its what we mostly play for now. Because when you play Counterstrike the map resets, and you have gained nothing, when you take down 50 enemies in Joint Operations, the map changes, and you are suddenly on the same side as your enemies.

But in a MMORPG, the battle is over, but the world continues, you have a home, you have gained skill points, you can hack the spoils of war, your new op gives you a trade advantage. By combining this depth with a half decent combat game, KK are sitting on a hidden gem. What I'm saying is that its up to them and us to build around that a great world, a happy world, that will be a success, and grow.

ezza
26-08-04, 16:39
you face a problem with the ops battles, after being in cartel for over 6months and practically every day ops fighting, i got bored of it a bit, had also been doing pking during that time, it would be nice if we had somthing to do when we grow tired of that.

a break doing something else in game would be good.

but beyond the ops scene and pking, only bordom lies, back in the early days there was no bordom as it was all new exciting and you always seemed to have things to do.

i guess the realisation that a post apoc world would be quite depressing RP wise hit the players and they drifted lifelessly though :D

Spikadelia
26-08-04, 16:41
Great post, articulate and incisive. I wonder whether the dualist blue/red NC2 will make things better or worse? Worse methinks...but let's see?

winnoc
26-08-04, 16:45
you face a problem with the ops battles, after being in cartel for over 6months and practically every day ops fighting, i got bored of it a bit, had also been doing pking during that time, it would be nice if we had somthing to do when we grow tired of that.

a break doing something else in game would be good.

Yeah, GIVE US AN ISLAND OP WITH BEACHES !!!!
So we can have a vacation there.
I mean, every fighter needs some downtime.

Clyde
26-08-04, 19:20
someone needs a rolemodel, cause that post just aint right

seraphian
26-08-04, 19:28
very very well said... I got into NC just as things started to fall apart honestly and I agree 100%

I've made a quick tally of added content and lost content over the last few months:

Added:

*DoY Tunnels
*2 new melee rares (which few people ever use)
*Termi in the rare pool

Removed:
*Hybrids (for the most part... I know this is somewhat debatable)
*PE Stealth
*ALL VEHICLE REPAIRING making vehicle combat useless
*Holovests were added but never implemented
*MC-5 back room
*MC-5 itself for a period of a few months (cased all our clans MC-5 hunters to move to playing SWG...)
*Drug sales in stores or lvl 4 and 5 drugs
*Nerfed spawn rate in many sectors (and nerfed drop rates over all)
*The inside of Regent's was talked about, never implemented.

NEOCRON IS THE ONLY GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED THAT LOSES MORE CONTENT THAN IT GAINS OVER THE LONG RUN!!!

Dribble Joy
26-08-04, 19:29
The problem in my eyes is the community.
No offence but they/we have destroyed all sense of mmorpg that this game ever had, everyone is ganking, not killing, ganking anyone that is red or even neutral, the smacktalk has caused several people to leave and nearly sent me away.
There is no sense or RP, and any that does arise is flamed back down for being l4m3 and n00bish.

There are obvious faults on KK's part, clan wars, the delays, etc. But we only have ourselves to blame in the end.

Removed:
*PE Stealth
*MC-5 back room
*MC-5 itself for a period of a few months (cased all our clans MC-5 hunters to move to playing SWG...)

Most of which was removed for balancing purposes/exploits tbh.
The drug thing is GOOD, they weren't removed anyway.

Clownst0pper
26-08-04, 19:31
I have to agree, OP wars turn even the nicest NC players into faction hating, player hating, hell, everything hating people.

Its nothing but "your a cock","hes a cock, shes a cock" "fucking wanker" "cheating bastard" "stop fucking zerging you loosers" "hows about you stfu and get some skills"

The list goes on...Spose its just saturn :rolleyes:

Biznatchy
26-08-04, 19:38
The problem in my eyes is the community.
No offence but they/we have destroyed all sense of mmorpg that this game ever had, everyone is ganking, not killing, ganking anyone that is red or even neutral, the smacktalk has caused several people to leave and nearly sent me away.
There is no sense or RP, and any that does arise is flamed back down for being l4m3 and n00bish.

There are obvious faults on KK's part, clan wars, the delays, etc. But we only have ourselves to blame in the end.

damit i agree with dribble

seraphian
26-08-04, 19:38

Cutting something from the game entirely is not balancing it, if KK jsut removed something every time it caused a balance issue, we'd all be running around the newb sewers using lazar rifles, because everything else would be nerfed to hell... it's the lazy way out.

removing the MC-5 areas was the lazy way out to avoiding making a map with no holes that could be exploited...
removing vehicle repairing was the lazy way around finding a good way to make monks able to level their dex without having to exploit or grind and lom or just finding an effective way to limit the XP...
PE stealth removal was a work-around to balancing PE reisist and skills so they're more than just gimped spies with better resists...
Not opening Dark Metal was again due to the fact KK jsut couldn't be arsed to write better maps...

Neocron is shrinking not growing ATM, hopefully NC2 gives us significantly more content though.

-FN-
26-08-04, 19:47
*looks around*

*stands up*

*starts the slow clap*

eldiabloz
26-08-04, 19:48
Well said Selendor, i love your words...

I hope... better... i wish something will change with NC2.

dem0n
26-08-04, 19:50
I admit that PvPing lost it's charm. I mean I once found raidings interesting, because it meant having a well organised group of people to take up on something like that, and it meant that the locals would also team up and defend their turf. It's fun when you get something like that once every few days... but not every day non stop frenzy killing which at the end would lead the locals to not even go thru those zones anymore. I mean it's counter productive. I do admit PvP and raiding is good to some extent: you team up to attack and the attacked ones also team up. It raises team spirit but not anymore. I mean we used to have some codec. We wouldnt attack 0/2 players, and we definitly wouldn't do it in the P2 aggies. Now it doesn't even matter where you do it or who you do it to. It's brainless killing all over the place when you see a red you send him to the GenRep weather he is your level or a 0/2 newb or someone who just GRed into the place.

5 stars for the topic, I think we really need to change our gamestyle in NC2 as it can totaly destroy the community, and by god I don't want to see 132 players in total on all servers when I try to log a character in NC2.

Mighty Max
26-08-04, 19:50
Added:

*DoY Tunnels
*2 new melee rares (which few people ever use)
*Termi in the rare pool

Removed:
*PE Stealth
*MC-5 back room

NEOCRON IS THE ONLY GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED THAT LOSES MORE CONTENT THAN IT GAINS OVER THE LONG RUN!!!

Long run ?

Added:
- PAs (first Tank later Psi,PE,Spy, 4 levels each)
- Camo
- PPU-APU differentation
- Many new spells
- Larent
- MC5 noob
- MC5 end (inclusive imps)
- Rare Weapons
- Cloning
- Salvaging
- Doy Tunnels
- Doy factions
- Nema
- Votr
- Neocronicles
- Recycle Armors
- Recycle weapons
- Spirit
- Ultimas
- DoY eyes
- Tradeskill Gloves
- Combat Vehicles
- LoMs
- Drugs
- Sniper Rifles
- Live-Runs
- Stealth
- Cunstructor Clubs
- Regant Troops
- OP Hacking System
- Walking CopBots
- New Use for higher Weaponparts
- Bat Plaque
- Y. - Troops
- rare-Drones
- rare-Weapons
- Anti Spells/Drugs

And thats only what i recon instantly, without looking through patchnotes

Sigma
26-08-04, 20:01
I have to agree, OP wars turn even the nicest NC players into faction hating, player hating, hell, everything hating people.

Its nothing but "your a cock","hes a cock, shes a cock" "fucking wanker" "cheating bastard" "stop fucking zerging you loosers" "hows about you stfu and get some skills"

Naw...it's just CM. :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
26-08-04, 20:02
This is exactly what I mean.

Sigma
26-08-04, 20:03
This is exactly what I mean.
Thanks. :)

MrChumble
26-08-04, 20:12
An excellent post which said exactly what I felt far better than I could have done it myself.

Long run ?
Most of that list isn't content, it's items. New spells are not content, new implants are not content, new armour is not content, in any but the most basic of ways.

MC5 is, just. I guess I expect more from two years playing than an uncontrolled arms race of new items that's lead to ludicrous game inbalance.

I think in NC2 I'll be a freelance mercenary & trader, that way I can help the newbies and not have to talk to the griefers :)

Akasha
26-08-04, 20:15
Very well said selendor.

*stands up, & joins FN*

Clownst0pper
26-08-04, 20:29

Sadly sigma, that attitude is what everyone has on saturn, even your beloved -pro-, so please, refrain from making out your above it all.

Twitch
26-08-04, 20:54
I notice something different too.

Back in the day people didn't care about our clan name for the longest time until our threads that used to be allowed which were screenshots of our latest raids stirred up lots of flame wars here. Then all the sudden it became inappropriate.

Griefing people used to be really fun when I ran around with Crack Whore and our spraycan flamers, now there's silly SL rules, lame dropping rules etc.

TH and MB used to be really fun to raid with my clan, everybody would shit and rally up to stop us, now there's only like maybe 2 or 3 people there and you have to hope they're in a big zerg clan and SOME of their members are on to come and try and stop you.

You see, CRC added the teamwork element into the game, everybody would see us and go shit it's the bad guys lets all go stop them.

That goes for shit talking in trade as well, it encourages a sense of unity amongst everybody except us.

So I think NC2 should bring back beta/early retail SL rules and drop rules. And take out silly turrets. And allow the full CRC name, and allow shit talking on these forums.

Thank you

Dribble Joy
26-08-04, 20:56
*can sense a flame war starting*

Selendor
26-08-04, 21:00
While I don't agree with most of your game outlook twitch, I do agree that in the past there was a minority of so called 'bad guys' and everyone rallied round to stop them. Like I was trying to say, the goal is all about balance, a sprinkling of all types of play.

No need to flame guys, I'm interested in how your attitude to playing has changed over the years, were there specific incidents that changed you, was it a gradual thing, and why you think it has changed, if at all.

Biznatchy
26-08-04, 21:04
I notice something different too.

Back in the day people didn't care about our clan name for the longest time until our threads that used to be allowed which were screenshots of our latest raids stirred up lots of flame wars here. Then all the sudden it became inappropriate.

Griefing people used to be really fun when I ran around with Crack Whore and our spraycan flamers, now there's silly SL rules, lame dropping rules etc.

TH and MB used to be really fun to raid with my clan, everybody would shit and rally up to stop us, now there's only like maybe 2 or 3 people there and you have to hope they're in a big zerg clan and SOME of their members are on to come and try and stop you.

You see, CRC added the teamwork element into the game, everybody would see us and go shit it's the bad guys lets all go stop them.

That goes for shit talking in trade as well, it encourages a sense of unity amongst everybody except us.

So I think NC2 should bring back beta/early retail SL rules and drop rules. And take out silly turrets. And allow the full CRC name, and allow shit talking on these forums.

Thank you

ya thats what is missing lets just get some more shit talkers and all will be fine in NC2. How silly of us to have missed that tidbit of wisdom. Thank you for enlighting us on the problem with neocron. We are graced by your wisdom and massive brain power.

(just had to be done)

seraphian
26-08-04, 21:04
- PAs (first Tank later Psi,PE,Spy, 4 levels each)

added, then nerfed (the level 4s)

- Camo
Promised for all classes, only ever implemented for Tanks

- PPU-APU differentation
Bloody ages ago

- Many new spells
also nerfed and given obscene requirements, half of them (low-level creature focus, distract mind, the 'ball' and 'lance' spells) are completely useless.

- Larent
added for a brief period of time, now impossible to find, also ages ago

- MC5 noob
OK, granted, but it's still buggy and confusing as hell

- MC5 end (inclusive imps)
again, greanted, except when they took it offline for 4 months, then took out the back room, then the boxes... ect.

- Rare Weapons
Again, granted, that is an improvement

- Cloning
this was added forever and a day ago, I'm talking recent improvements

- Salvaging
How many people use it? it's useless, cheaper to buy the chems

- Doy Tunnels
I listed this as added

- Doy factions
Again, added forever and a day ago, not recently

- Nema
comes out rarely, we haven't seen a new one in 2+ months

- Votr
VotR is a disaster... I tried writing for them, but it's a ghost town, there would be days where me and the bots and an AFK Daishi were the only ones there, they actively resist new content and except RR no one posts on their boards whatsoever.

- Neocronicles

- Recycle Armors
newb only, such poor stats they are never used.

- Recycle weapons
we don't have enough newbs to make them make a difference, even then a BP made one is better, how many people stay below Dex 13 for more than 3 hours?

- Spirit
broken, and if it weren't fo dupers only 4 or 5 people would have them

- Ultimas
again, very old

- DoY eyes
OK, forgot about this one, it was added

- Tradeskill Gloves
OK, granted

- Combat Vehicles
now useless thanks to the repair removal, not to mention never good for anything but HC PEs in the first place and even then only for PvM, they are also bugged to hell and some are unusable because of it (the Heavy trike I belive)

- LoMs
old, and adding a way to lose skills is hardly new content!

- Drugs
Don't recall this one

- Sniper Rifles
How long ago? as long as my clan's been playing...

- Live-Runs
what do you mean here?
- Stealth

- Cunstructor Clubs
never seen one

- Regant Troops
but you can't get into dark metal, they half-assed it...

- OP Hacking System
not sure what changed here and when...

- Walking CopBots
oh yipee, cosmetic improvement, not new content

- New Use for higher Weaponparts
again, not really new content

- Bat Plaque
a few new mobs, but I'll give you this one

- Y. - Troops
again, long time ago, buit it is another mob...
- rare-Drones

- rare-Weapons
you said this already

- Anti Spells/Drugs
a nerf for an existing tool, not new content.

Twitch
26-08-04, 21:08
ya thats what is missing lets just get some more shit talkers and all will be fine in NC2. How silly of us to have missed that tidbit of wisdom. Thank you for enlighting us on the problem with neocron. We are graced by your wisdom and massive brain power.

(just had to be done)

see i told you, the game needs us.

Mighty Max
26-08-04, 21:33
ages ago

Remember it was you who wanted to look on the long term.

I know i only listed up the visible additions.

Whoever tells there was not enough content is imho very ignorant, but what i tell, yes i think we have a lot of ignorant ppl in neocron, but thats only my personal opinion.

The last times i contributed to events or storylines i got shouted to shut my mouth, cuz noone would be interested in it. On the whole server (which were over 300ppl on) only a dozen ppl took part. Even tho it was advertised via Admin msges and other global chat channels (fraction etc)

You cant on the one side say, "leave me alone, i better do some pk" and on the other hand come to the forums and beg for more content.

The ones who care for content find it ingame. Neocron has some really talented ppl around. Just atm you writed your moan, you could have been ingame and took part in Ferrons current Event.

However, it is for sure easier to raise a big "BUT,..." then get the a*** up sometimes to at least run to the event.

solling
26-08-04, 21:36
its the players that have ruined the atmosphere to many bored and angry players :(

landofcake
26-08-04, 21:43
One of the best posts i've ever read on this forum.

Nuff said.

Doc Holliday
26-08-04, 21:59
i said this a long time ago but all its gonna take is a small bunch of people to start and change their attitudes towards each other and it will go a long way. with the merger of servers it means all the people who can be civil ( all 3 of em on each server :D ) will get to meet and greet each other chat and hopefully spread the love.

sel if the rep was still active i woulda given u alot for that opening post mate. beautifully.

Marx
26-08-04, 22:03
The problem in my eyes is the community.I agree somewhat.

Unless NC2 brings major changes to the game... All those new players will follow the same route we did. Granted, it may take a bit longer since there's the distinct possibility of a more steady flow of new meat coming in - something we did not have. But if the mechanics remain the same, if the heavy handed support policies remain the same, if the general content remains the same... It won't be pretty.

We were used and abused, as is any playerbase in any game... Only for us, it's almost personal now because we've been here through thick and thin. It's kind of retarded to look at a game that way, but there's truth in it.

Some may think that DoY would be the formal apology, the "Sorry we ignored you for most of the time you guys were playing, but this was worth it" card. I think that's a nasty copout.. Reakktor made the community the way it is now, and the community is one of the problems, had they been more willing and communicative, alot of issues would be settled and you would've seen a drastic difference in how the community would settle.

Instead, they complain about how whenever info is released, "people complain, it's not worth it". Grow up, most of those people who you're crying over are teenagers, my bet is most still live with ma/pa/guardians as opposed to on their own.

They complain when bad things happen. "OMG< SATURN". Guess who plays the game? Adults? Some, most? Doubt it.

Games are for youth, and youth play games.

Authority figure tells youth "Do this, or else". What will the youth do nine times out of ten?

Authority figure tells non-mature non-youth "do this or else". What will the non-mature non-youth do nine times out of ten?

I have patience with people who play, why? Because I have no clue of the age or motive of the other player. For all I know, MR 1337 TANKz who just blasted me for being red is a 13/14 year old kid who just finished jacking off. For all I know it might be a 60 year old man with a Ph.D in Latin. Chances favor 13/14 spooge hands though.

Is it so hard to imagine that a game company with a target audience of younger people might be patient with its non-mature playerbase? Lets get realistic, if you wanted older players... You wouldn't pump up the sex and violence... It'd become "Tax write off and lawnmower simulatorcron".

Anyway.

Recently, when we do get a communique we're treated to lovely tidbits like this:

We were aware that the latest plan file would cause some agitation, but we are also somewhat pleased about that, since it shows that Neocron is still polarizing and exciting. ;) Literal translation: We're happy that we pissed you off.

Nowhere near the best wording to use, unless of course a jab was intended, as most feel it was.

The community IS the problem, but the underlying problem is community relations. We can't fix that, but someone upstairs can.

Once the leaky pipe is fixed, you can fix the flood. Trying it the other way around is futile.

Darth Slayer
26-08-04, 22:14

Nope get it on Uranus too now and just because FA now acts as a faction.
Hell even if we joined into one big clan we would still get griefed..... :rolleyes:

Scorpius.

Sigma
26-08-04, 22:14
Sadly sigma, that attitude is what everyone has on saturn, even your beloved -pro-, so please, refrain from making out your above it all.
I never said I or -pro- are above it all.

And maybe you should stop your retarded "holier than thou"-attitude, too. :)

Xizor
26-08-04, 22:28
I agree.
Let's see what happens once we hit NC2.

BloodLetting
26-08-04, 22:45
Wow first I would like to say that this has been the best work candy post I've read in a while.
Next when you get burnt take a break from the game for a while (I played a crappy lvl grinding game called Lineage II man do I appretiate NC now) but dont quit because you always need another hit once your addicted to the rock.
Seizure on the battle field :lol:

Dribble Joy
26-08-04, 22:46
I never said I or -pro- are above it all.

And maybe you should stop your retarded "holier than thou"-attitude, too. :)
The whole confrontational attitude that everyone has, why do you lot do it?

I really don't understand.

Perhaps I have no ego?

*waits for flame*

Mumblyfish
26-08-04, 23:19
Perhaps I have no ego?
Haha, you don't just have no ego. You have negative ego. And I mean that in the nicest possible way, you kind-hearted pessimist, you :)

I'm going to jump on the "best post in a LONG time" train, toot toot. I'd really like to blab on and on about this, but everything's been said. Well done to everyone, not counting the two flame-baiters.

___T-X____
26-08-04, 23:24
I think by accident they somehow just got it right first time, and its a hard act to keep up and follow.

Sigma
26-08-04, 23:42
The whole confrontational attitude that everyone has, why do you lot do it?[...]
Another question, why shouldn't we?

There is no real reason to do it, but there's also, for me that is, no reason not to do it.

Why do people do retarded things?

Because they can.

solling
27-08-04, 00:20

i know what happened peops got tired of having to defend 5+ times a day

sure its fun for a while and woot raiders etc but if it happens 5 + times a day it gets REALLY booring REALY fast

.Cyl0n
27-08-04, 00:35
biggest loss in my eyes .. or well .. the biggest fault was KK introducing 1. belts and 2. making all the guards so strong / th unraidable

before that neocron used to be dangerous and you just knew you could get pked everywhere... now you`re mostly safe ... and even if you die most people cant take your loot anyway because they dont hack..

not to forget the safeslot.. lol

oh well... i guess its the community.. damn carebears :(

/e just read twitch`s post... oh well you know i dont like you but i fully agree with your post

Clownst0pper
27-08-04, 00:49
Another question, why shouldn't we?

There is no real reason to do it, but there's also, for me that is, no reason not to do it.

Why do people do retarded things?

Because they can.

Spose :P

And its alotta fun ;)

sshrul
27-08-04, 00:51
An Excellent post Selendor.

I had taken abreak from Nc for 3 months than came back and joined up with a clan one of the best know TG clans, had a good time with them but as the summer came on and the talk of NC2 getting closer and fight the BD over and over again everyone got bored, when that happen and when the Baned players happened that's when it changed for me. Now I don't know any of the Baned player and I aguee with them being Baned and now it time for some of the old timers to step up to the plate and show us what this game is all about and fell the void in NC2.

solling
27-08-04, 01:04
And its alotta fun

lol except for the guys the person is being a retard to

i really wish we could ditch all the retards in this game

Sigma
27-08-04, 02:43
lol except for the guys the person is being a retard to

i really wish we could ditch all the retards in this game
Then you had to go, too.

Not to mention myself, because everyone is a retard at some point, if he wants to be one or not.

Btw. No, I didn't understood your whole post, because the 1st part was hard to decipher.

Viper Venom
27-08-04, 03:07
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

well said,
http://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gifhttp://forum.neocron.com/images/icons/icon14.gif 5, 8| yes i said 5, thumbs up

solling
27-08-04, 03:07
Btw. No, I didn't understood your whole post, because the 1st part was hard to decipher

hehe im tired bear with me

means the retard might have fun being a retard most the peops around him dont

NeoChick
27-08-04, 03:14
Selendor thanks for your excellent post. I agree with everything you say and really have nothing to add. Just dropping a line to show my appreciation.

Coid
27-08-04, 03:21
I'd like to say really my only problem in the game was mainly the world itself (TOO DAMN SMALL!) i mean u could run across it in under 20 minutes....about hmm....30 mobs? Yea, so really pking is the only thing fun (PVP period) anything related in the game...People in the forums from what ive seen have some great ideas that never got looked at. KK is Smothering themselves in their own mudd....BTW IM HELLA STONED IM SORRY IF NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE HAHA!!!

JustIn_Case
27-08-04, 09:36
Great post by Selendor!

I agree that is the community that have created this atmosphere, but there must be some reason for this mass behaviour. And i think frustration is one big part of this. Frustration was what got me to leave this game, but now im back after 9 months of abscense with great enthusiasm for NC-2.

I believe merging Pluto and Saturn will give us an oppertunity to create an new atmosphere, new friends, new enemies, new clans...
Still we have a bit of Faction mess, would be better if there only were pro vs anti city.

(Bad spelling for sure since im Swedish)

IceStorm
27-08-04, 09:57
Literal translation: We're happy that we pissed you off.

Nowhere near the best wording to use, unless of course a jab was intended, as most feel it was. They're German. It was intentional. KK gets their jollies by pissing off the playerbase.
the underlying problem is community relations. We can't fix that, but someone upstairs can.Maybe you missed the memo, but Holger is the man upstairs now. Their acerbic support policies aren't going to change.
Haha, you don't just have no ego. You have negative ego.Heh. You'll find out how much ego he has soon enough.

dem0n
27-08-04, 10:00
bored people killed NC1, with their unthoughtfull actions, imo.

Clownst0pper
27-08-04, 12:50
hehe im tired bear with me

means the retard might have fun being a retard most the peops around him dont

Welcome to saturn?

Xadhoom
27-08-04, 12:58
welcome to Saturn!

[edit] pff, forget it.

winnoc
27-08-04, 13:54
The problem is that frustraded angry players tend to create more frustrated angry players by their actions.

Plus if you wanna be a "good" guy in neocron, it's much harder as you have to live by rules that the other people aren't hindered by.

Therefore i will have one roleplay character that's gonna be evil as hell. Not just try to kill people and all, but he's gonna be completely "in" his role.

If you get bored do something that's fun, and that makes other players enjoy themselves. Yesterday i got bored at pp1, so i decide to try and pick up the female npc pe that's there.
Next i moved on to test my charms on the oily barrel..... must say i got some strange looks from people :-)

FatDogg
27-08-04, 14:38
I still got soooooooooouuuullll babeeee.... but I took a 9 month break when I was close to losing it...