PDA

View Full Version : pluto, current state

shend
26-08-04, 11:12
with the end of neocron as we know it in sight, that good old
fin de siecle feeling has hit pluto with a bang. knowing that you're gonna
loose all your cash and all the goodies you can't carry along does affect
your playing. i get tipped millions an millions for a single poke. people even tip
with rares. people log in knowing that it doesnt matter jack shit what they do.
that leaves us with nothing more than preparing for the big char transfer and
chatting. i've done more talking than playing lately , and i enjoy it like hell.
you come to meet some veterans you haven't seen in months. people that
got the word they need to get their shit sorted.

there's a sort of restlesnes,
silence before the storm. man i love it!! speculations of all sorts get on our
nerves and affect gameplay. its a post apocalyptic city in wait for the apocalypse.
these last few weeks on pluto have been the best for me in a year.
i'm gonna miss pluto, i fucking am
the low pop doesnt mean shit to me, the people that did stay made it all worthwile
its gonna be some serious adjustment, playing on a multichar server with
hundreds of people online. i still remember when i avoided plaza 1 like the plague
because the chit chat drove me mad.
back then tradeskillers were abund, now only few are online which makes
bonding with your clients some much easier and intense.
how will the wastelands be. its seems like the days of 3 clans domination all
op's are over..

a few days ago i ran into a noob
a genuine one
man, the fun i had. i tried to get him better equipment, did some lvling, gave him cash..
the best part was when he called a PE with PA a robot. fucking hilarious.
evry time i see that PE i just start laughing. it brings back the days when
the forum was floaded with outraged posts concerning the silly design.
fuck, i'm getting emotional.

i'm gonna miss u, pluto
and i'll cherish the memory for ever.
at least i can say i sticked till the end
amen

garyu69
26-08-04, 11:16
just a shame that KK made it so that Beta has more players on it than pluto considering we pay :rolleyes:

Alpha-Omega
26-08-04, 11:19
Amen Shend, Amen. Me and my clan leader spend most of the time talking about how much Neocron's changed since Beta. we're both Ex-beta 4 and spend ages just remeniscing about the good ol' days.

God i miss early retail, when ya had to figure out what actually WORKED! and you didnt see so many carbon copies.

Spermy
26-08-04, 11:50
Aye - but there's a plus side - you get the roleplay9ing aspect found on uranus, mixed with the population of pluto - new peeps - new ideas - new newbies =)

Might disguise me sen as a newbie, just to see how nice you lot on pluto are! :lol:

..i..DemonX
26-08-04, 11:59
*claps* very nice said

solling
27-08-04, 02:35
Aye - but there's a plus side - you get the roleplay9ing aspect found on uranus, mixed with the population of pluto - new peeps - new ideas - new newbies =) yes but u get saturns n00b killing all chars in diff factions trashtalking peops as well ;) J/k (maybee)

ezza
27-08-04, 17:12
WTF JOO KEEL ON SIT3 F0R TRYING TO S4Y THA7 SATURN IS A NOOB KEELING TR4$H TALKING DIFFERING FACTION SERVER!!!

NIB I PWN JOO I DO

now if you dont mind ive got some trade channels to spam then i gonna gank a CA dude onmy Crahn tank then log my CA spy and trash talk all over there faction channel

kthxbye

edit: dont make me give it the barcode spam :mad:

:p

Lachlan
27-08-04, 18:05
a few days ago i ran into a noob
a genuine one
man, the fun i had. i tried to get him better equipment, did some lvling, gave him cash..

I ran into a genuine noob last night (1/9). He needed a constructor and when I asked him why he didn't ask for one over Trade, he said no one ever used it. Of course, he didn't even have it turned on.

As I told the idiot who logged onto Pluto the other day just to tell all 14 of us, what a shite server Pluto was over Trade, at least there's no line to clear out MC5. :D

(One more part till I complete my DS!)

Dirk_Gently
27-08-04, 18:22
you get the roleplay9ing aspect found on uranus,

Is there another Uranus then?????????

Clownst0pper
27-08-04, 18:23
Ive just moved to Pluto full time.

My character is fawkes, a fully capped PE. Havnt played him in over a year.

Im currently looking for a clan, gonna take me a week to tweak him, but hes still good - I do need libby practice tho :p

Birkoff
27-08-04, 18:28
Yea I'm going to miss pluto :(
But im goign to love the new clan i hope :)

-REMUS-
27-08-04, 19:55
I really don't know what it will be like, i've always at heart been a plutonian.

nobby
27-08-04, 20:08
nice..post.... :(

dark_reaper
27-08-04, 21:04
I am going to miss pluto, 2 years in pluto, now it seems everyone is waiting for the end. Now I am going to ge temotional.

DonnyJepp
27-08-04, 22:06
Have they announced the date that the characters will be transferred to the new database and items wiped?

BunkerBoy
27-08-04, 22:55
from what i read in the new FAQ, you will need to have ur chars sorted out by the 26th in which they will then shutdown the servers for a few days and prep them. ( I hope i remembered that right)

virgil caine
29-08-04, 03:44
Yes, it is a sorry thing indeed. But life goes on and and with current server pops: can they really justify keeping Pluto?

I know, that is not what any of the Pluto people want to hear ( no one has tried harder to keep Pluto a viable server than me) but its simple economics and we may find with the new " content" in the game that a multi character server is ok after all. I hope so it is where we seem to be going.

Goodbye Pluto

IceStorm
29-08-04, 04:05
Good-bye Pluto.

Hello Platurnus!

Plutonians equipped with the nearly-finest NC has to offer in rares and imps, ready to farm the living daylights out of every zone with mobs in it.

Muhahhahaha!

Shadow Dancer
29-08-04, 04:06
Good-bye Pluto.

Hello Platurnus!

Plutonians equipped with the nearly-finest NC has to offer in rares and imps, ready to farm the living daylights out of every zone with mobs in it.

Muhahhahaha!

Haha. I remember when you cringed at the idea of playing on Platurnus.

virgil caine
29-08-04, 04:23
Well there are people on each server that I love to play with ...it will be nice to get them all together on the same one. All Pluto players should get together and decide ona particular emote and use it to recognize each other( like a secret handshake). I suggest the sex emote.

IceStorm
29-08-04, 06:39
I remember when you cringed at the idea of playing on Platurnus.You know full well why I changed my mind. I'm making the best of a bad situation.

At this point, there's only one thing that would stop me from moving to Platurnus. It would also be the only thing that would make me reconsider playing Neocron.

Shadow Dancer
29-08-04, 07:44
What would that be? A full wipe?

ezza
29-08-04, 12:25
being surounded by a rabid bunch of saturnites ready to trade spam you to death?

Jesterthegreat
29-08-04, 13:01
Amen Shend, Amen. Me and my clan leader spend most of the time talking about how much Neocron's changed since Beta. we're both Ex-beta 4 and spend ages just remeniscing about the good ol' days.

God i miss early retail, when ya had to figure out what actually WORKED! and you didnt see so many carbon copies.

<=== Beta 3, and i miss tankocron. its was far more fun than monkocron