PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Another OP Hacking Revision

-FN-
25-08-04, 22:26
Yet another post for My Brainport Post Listing (http://www.synergyxr.net/fn-brainport.php).
This one is more thought out than the 'Wandering Thought' one, I swear! :rolleyes:

::Turrets::
Turrets should be a measure of keeping people OUT of the outpost or AWAY from the hack terminal. They should be used by the defense to create strategic advantages by blocking off areas and creating bottlenecks, not used as damaging advantages to fight the fight for them. If turrets are properly set up, they are the early warning a clan should need of an attacking clan's presence.

::Cameras::
Tribes anyone? We need deployable camera sentries! Up to 3 per OP and they can be deployed on any surface. They are controlled through the CityComm. The cheap ones for 1 million credits have a fixed oscillation and move back and forth. The more expensive ones for 2 million credits are user controllable and can move around with your mouse. The most expensive ones for 3 million credits have the same mouse movement, but also have a built-in zoom effect.

::Faction Assistance::
I'd also like to see the involvement of Factions in OPs still:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=105283
I love the idea of hiring a single guard for 2.5 million credits to stand at the UG entrance as a defense padding for the attackers who zone camp the UG. The guard then has hourly upkeep that is deducted from the hourly revenue of owning the OP. He should not chase people through the OP, just defend the UG entrance. People say the defenders will camp the UG to use him as defense - so what? That won't stop the attackers at the Hack Terminal, now will it. And ideally, the attackers won't pummel each zoning player with everything they have while they're still synching for 3-5 seconds or at least be dissuaded to by the FG who should be able to shoot at them. Once a FG is killed, a new one cannot be hired until HACK #4 or a Reset Hack goes down.

- Time between hack attempts should be 60 Seconds with a timer that WORKS properly.

HACK #1: Turret Security Comprimised
- Turret Security disabled.
- GR security still intact.
- Camera Security still intact.
- Faction Guard Security still intact.
Completing the first hack should render turrets inoperative. This would prevent any defending clan from dropping turrets once a hack has gone down as there would be no point to it. Time to fight as a team, call your faction, or whatever needs to be done to instigate effective resistance if you intend to keep the OP, but no matter what, it's PvP now, not PvT.

HACK #2: GR Security Comprimised
- Turret Security still disabled.
- GR security disabled; Clan still has GR advantage.
- Camera Security still intact.
- Faction Guard Security still intact.
- Completing the second hack nullifies all the rules on a GR. Once this hack goes down, anyone not in the defending clan can GR into the GR area, incurring SI. Clan Members of the defending clan can still GR in underground without SI.

HACK #3: Outpost Worm Implanted
- Turret Security still disabled.
- GR security still disabled; Clan loses GR advantage and GRs to GR with SI.
- Camera Security gets a small drug haze overlay.
- Any Faction Guards are killed.
- With the third hack completed, a Worm has been implanted in the system and initiated in the the OP/Hacknet network. What this Worm does is it enables the OP ownership to be transferred to a new clan in within 10 minutes from inside Hacknet somehow. Part of the Worms initiation terminates a vital signal between the OP Hack Terminal and the Faction Guard(s) present. They have failed in OP protection and an implant in their head recognizes this and kills them.

HACK #4: Ownership Granted
- Turret Security re-enabled for new owner.
- GR security re-enabled for new owner.
- Camera Security reset.
- Faction Guard Security can be repurchased.
- The completion of the Worm program implanted on the outside world at the Hack Terminal is executed and completes when a hacker, who can be any one of the first three or a new one from the clan. The clan of hacker who completes this hack, sets the ownership of the OP to his clan. The current Camera Security expects a specific signal from the CityComm from the old owners. When the OP changes clan owners, the new signal being sent to those old cameras is rejected by their circuitry, causing them to short out and be destroyed. New ones with the correctly programmed signal must be placed by the new clan.

Reset Hack: Defender Restoration
- At anytime, a single hack from the defending clan can reset ALL the hacks, as long as the Worm hasn't been successfully executed from with Hacknet, thus re-enabling turrets, GR, and camera security for the defending clan, and removing the implanted Worm.

::System Circuit Reconfiguration & Conduit Cooling::
After Hack #4 from the offending clan or a Reset Hack from the defending clan, there is a fixed 30-Minutes of "System Circuit Reconfiguration & Conduit Cooling" in which the OP cannot change hands for at least an hour.

Rate/Comment/Rant/Flame/Etc

Social-Zero
25-08-04, 22:32
If only... if only

nice post dude

-=Daz=-
25-08-04, 22:37
very nice, time for KK to look at a players ideas???

Spermy
25-08-04, 23:35
Me likee - A big sexy mess all over this idea! :D

james_finn
25-08-04, 23:38
5 stars, make ops much more interesting, and no more returning to try to rehack once all the other clan has logged, at least for an hour, gives the defending team some time to slow down lol.

Nice

Delphi

Orangutanklaus
25-08-04, 23:39
I see...same here as on the german board.
Fabulous Ideas...neverending dreams. :rolleyes:

Lareolan
26-08-04, 01:03
WOW! Absolutely beautiful idea! If only KK actually had some tallent working for them to implement something like this... Or heck, if they even cared to actually try to make a game that's more than quake. :(

-FN-
26-08-04, 19:48
Yeah - why don't they hire some more freaking developers o_O

I'm sure there are tons of game programmers who are looking to get into the biz and would love to get on this team...

Social-Zero
26-08-04, 19:50
The answer is simple my friend

http://departments.und.edu/passport/moneybag.jpg http://departments.und.edu/passport/moneybag.jpg

P4mp3rk3
26-08-04, 20:26
Someone said OP-taking will be different from now in DOY (Odin/Callash/Thanatos, can't remember)

mishkin
26-08-04, 20:30
I like it... I like it allot! :)

Disturbed021
26-08-04, 20:42
5 stars for this one. :D

QuantumDelta
26-08-04, 20:58
Hmm.
Providing you upped turrets yea.

I still think they should have a construction timer.

--
Works well.

Dribble Joy
26-08-04, 21:09
I am dubious about mob assistance in OP fights.
A 120 guard seems a bit much, and if he cannot move, he is a sitting duck for AOE, a highly expensive turret in effect.

I would rather that turrets have limmited capacity, but via hacknet can be taken control of, giving hackers more a of a meaning in OP fights.
The actual hacking of an OP should take place in hacknet too.

OP's personally should not create money, nor demand it, they should however provide real benefits for the owning clans that aren't money/trade related.
Like larger bonuses, access to services and other things.

Roc-a-fella
27-08-04, 02:35
SEX SEX SEXA.K.A 5 stars

Viper Venom
27-08-04, 02:58
i like it, but i still think there should be small mannable chain turrets, actualy build into the op. that teh owners can use at any time, or the enemy can hack if the owners arnt siting in, some kinda of fast hack system. needs brains not skill.

these guns should be usable by owners and hackable by enemys, after first hack hackable by both, and disabled on second hack.

they should use vhc chain gun ammo (though ovious less damage), and u should beable to upgrade them on the city com if u own the op, but that costs lost of cash (:P removes botomles pits of clan money gained through ops (and i mean a lot LOT of money to upgrade)

upgrades should include wepon damage, guard to the person, hack dificulty and so on

sorry for hijacking, but when reading ur thread i came up with that idea,

p.s. NICE THREAD :P realy hope kk read this one, not 1 idea i dont like

LiL T
27-08-04, 03:02
Me likes your ideas :)

Freaky Fryd
28-08-04, 12:36
sounds awesome!

ou7blaze
06-12-04, 10:32
***** tbh.

Shadowbreed
06-12-04, 11:18
/sign

krynstone
06-12-04, 17:14
I love the idea....I think that attacking an Op should be a highly challenging maneuver, not a numbers game. It should be an extremely tactical challenge. Given it should take a number of people to accomplish but it should be more tactical than it is now. With hs setup you would have to worry about many key areas and which defenses you want to take down first. The cameras should be sniperable. And i love the camera idea to begin with, as I started a thread on espionage equipment involving cameras. Love to this thread. I want hackers with better stuff to do than currently is in game...not more...but better. QUALITY....is what makes it enjoyable

ROZZER187
08-12-04, 20:08
very nice idea :D :D :D

5 stars, this would stop people spamming turrets coz they cant fight