PDA

View Full Version : ATI to Nvidia problems

Terayon
25-08-04, 02:14
so i bought a new card a while ago. a very cheap 5900. now my computer wont start up. i removed all the old drivers and everything then installed the nvidia ones then turned off my computer and put the 5900 in. the card boots up then it goes to a black screen with white liens accross it. sometimes it jusr keeps reseting itself and the cardkeeps vooting then restarting. anyone experianced this problem before? i oculd realy use some help.

Psycho_Soldier
25-08-04, 02:18
Only 2 things I can think of atm, not enough power, or its a bad card.

Terayon
25-08-04, 02:47
and a bad card it was.... tried it in my computer that uises a geforce 3 and same problems. what realy annoys me is i payed 15$ shipping and they just throw it in a box with a powersupply i got off of them to with no discount and it took 2 weeks to get here. on top of that they added some other ebay fees (10$) and now i have to pay for shipping it back and get no discount...... yay.

Kratos
25-08-04, 03:14
and a bad card it was.... tried it in my computer that uises a geforce 3 and same problems. what realy annoys me is i payed 15$ shipping and they just throw it in a box with a powersupply i got off of them to with no discount and it took 2 weeks to get here. on top of that they added some other ebay fees (10$) and now i have to pay for shipping it back and get no discount...... yay.

i got 1 tip for you bud..
NEVER,and i mean NEVER order PC parts from websites.it is better if you go personaly and buy it yourself.
And trust me,i know what you mean,that shit happened to me once :(

Terayon
25-08-04, 03:16
ya. my bro just had a neo mobo with a 3000 64 bit chip and a fan shipped from someone to him..... they delivered it to the wrong place :rolleyes: course they are actualy doing somthign about it.

Ransom
25-08-04, 03:32
Not all online places are bad, just look into people's returns policy. All of the places I buy stuff from will pay the returns costs, as long as you give them an invoice, and the item is truely faulty. One of them offered to arrange pick up if the cost would be too high. They usually have a full year guarantee on for replacement/refund too.

Ransom.